Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

YES! I kept going back to that cart because the Honey Popcorn rules. I also liked the strawberry cheesecake and the garlic shrimp ones.

You know what I liked the most? Kirin Apple Tea Soda! I was looking for that everywhere when I was in Japan only to discover it is a Tokyo Disney Resort exclusive product.

it really just depends on my hubby. i'm a stay at home wife and my hubby is a bus driver for NJ Transit but he bids for vacation in November for the following year. does DL have a slow season?cuz even if we only do like a long weekend kind of trip that would be fine.
Long weekend is what we did last year on Columbus day weekend. Flew in Friday morning and had character meal that evening. Went to DL in the morning Saturday and hopped to CA in the afternoon. Did the opposite on Sunday. Flew home on Monday the holiday. Really enjoyed it and we rode all the rides we wanted too (had to pay for a couple but didn't mind). We stayed at the GC and loved it too.

I don't think express would really work at WDW.

I think they'd have to price it so prohibitively high that the majority of guests would never get to purchase it.

WDW has trained us that we should expect to skip at least 3 lines for little to no cost. Can't unwind that now, unfortunately.
Oh I'm aware. I've done enough debates on skip the line services online and not interested in doing that again.

However I would 100% prefer Express over whatever this is.

Another way to make a Disney vacation more complicated.

I don't know if it really makes it more complicated, but it definitely makes it more expensive for most people.

ETA: Upon further review, it does add complexity.

What if you don't plan on hopping and you have an AP? You buy Genie + for AK. At 2 you change your mind and want to hop, is there a way to pay a little more and upgrade your Genie + now?

I don't know if it really makes it more complicated, but it definitely makes it more expensive for most people.

ETA: Upon further review, it does add complexity.

What if you don't plan on hopping and you have an AP? You buy Genie + for AK. At 2 you change your mind and want to hop, is there a way to pay a little more and upgrade your Genie + now?

AP holders aren't using genie as much as regular ticket people though.

I feel like I just wrote a dissertation the other day to my poor SIL who is at WDW now trying to help her understand Genie+, ILL, VQ, etc. She watched a 40 minute video on Ear Scouts about it. I did stress to her that she doesn't HAVE to do anything as long as she is fine with just standby but it was definitely overwhelming for her. She had been hopeful it worked the same way FastPass had just not free. At least she is there now and not after this additional change takes place or she would be even more confused. This is a casual parkgoer who took her children one other time when they were stroller-aged. The complication is a turnoff for me but I will deal with it (for now), but it is a much bigger turnoff for casual park goers like her. I don't get why they keep complicating things more and more.

I get that. But just an example of a possible complexity.
It's a valid example that would come up for us, I'm sure. We are out of state AP holders and don't always have a set plan for the day. We'll start out at the park where we have our reservation, but usually kind of wing it for the afternoon / evening unless we have an in-park ADR scheduled for dinner. I could absolutely see us buying it for one park only to decide later to hop to another. Not having the ability to upgrade it to a multi-park Genie + would be annoying.

I feel like I just wrote a dissertation the other day to my poor SIL who is at WDW now trying to help her understand Genie+, ILL, VQ, etc. She watched a 40 minute video on Ear Scouts about it. I did stress to her that she doesn't HAVE to do anything as long as she is fine with just standby but it was definitely overwhelming for her. She had been hopeful it worked the same way FastPass had just not free. At least she is there now and not after this additional change takes place or she would be even more confused. This is a casual parkgoer who took her children one other time when they were stroller-aged. The complication is a turnoff for me but I will deal with it (for now), but it is a much bigger turnoff for casual park goers like her. I don't get why they keep complicating things more and more.
Your last sentence is so true. I was talking to my coworkers about vacations the other day and one of the higher ups wants to take her daughters to WDW. She had not been since the early 90s and knows nothing about any of the Genie+, ILL and VQ stuff. I know all vacations take some bit of planning but this is a turn off for a lot of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter