Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

The only way I can see any benefit to this is if you have a park hopper ticket, you HAVE to buy the Genie+ 4 park add-on. But, if you have a single park ticket, then you can get a discounted Genie+ for just that one park that day. That makes sense to me since some parks are better for it than others. But even typing that sentence out was confusing me.
Now THIS would be the more logical thing to do where what G+ tier you can buy is based on your ticket

AP or Hopppers are automatically required to buy the highest price all park ticket

One day/one park can save by purchasing one park ala carte

Now THIS would be the more logical thing to do where what G+ tier you can buy is based on your ticket

AP or Hopppers are automatically required to buy the highest price all park ticket

One day/one park can save by purchasing one park ala carte

So further punish people that want to park hop and can't until after 2 by forcing them to pay more even on days they only visit one park?

I always get hoppers but that doesn't mean I hop to a different park everyday. My last trip I only fid epcot 1 day and would have happily bought a lower prices g+ but opted not to pay the ridic almost spring break price for a park that doesn't have a ton of options on g+. I ended up going to DS earlier than planned because sb waits were too much.

It’s interesting to me, I went to WDW a few weeks back with my daughter, we met friends of ours mother/son.

They have been once before, last year for spring break, I helped her plan and navigate. I did everything this trip, as I go often and know most of the ins and outs.

Anyway she made a comment to me that really stuck with me, while she didn’t like the additional $30 a person per day or whatever for genie+ she felt it’s much more equitable then other parks. More people can afford $30 a day then the cut the line passes at other parks.

And I agree, the express passes at universal are $150-300 a day per person. Yes it’s less planning but honestly for a family of 4 for multiple days it’s very costly.

For additional context I was trying to take my daughter for 2 nights to Hershey park, I priced out tickets for 4 people for 2 days, an offsite hotel for $550 a night (the Hershey hotel was $1200 a night and Hershey lodge $700), 1 day of express pass and we can drive. The express pass was $165 per person per day!

It was cheaper for me to fly to Disney (4people), by 2 day base tickets for 2 people (2 of us have APs), Get a value hotel, and budget 2 days of genie+.

I don’t like cost of genie+ but I really think the majority of people aren’t bothered by the cost, it’s the complexity of using it that’s the problem.

This is absurd, was actually considering maybe getting it for a couple of parks in August but pricing I may have to say heck no
Yeah I think this will just make more ppl say forget it. It's too obnoxious to keep up with and I'm not going to go to and wait in line at guest services if I don't have to. This is dumb.

I see a lot of the comparisons to planning for Universal (or lack thereof) and seriously wonder if my Universal experiences have just been bad luck. Every time I have been to Universal, it has been a nightmare trying to do anything. Granted, I don't have to plan anything in advance but that means I have to wait in bonkers lines for rides and even food a lot of the time. The only time I have felt relaxed and enjoyed Universal was during HHN when the park was less crowded. Do I just have bad Universal luck?

I personally feel relieved being able to do the planning ahead of my vacation and knowing when I get there I can hop in a LL to enjoy a ride in a reasonable amount of time. I also don't mind waking up early, grabbing some coffee and making a couple of reservations on the app but I understand not all folks are morning people. I will also fully admit I get that little videogame dopamine rush when I snag something hard to get.
Wait times for food at quick service places is one of my biggest issues with Universal. It's always sooooo slow. I waited almost 40 minutes at Richter's last month. Doesn't help that the food is way worse than Disney quick service. Personally I don't think the wait times are as bad as Disney's can get but that's because more rides offer single rider and I utilize that a ton.

The way I'm thinking is that the new multi-park option is the same as the current option (and the same price as the most expensive park), they are just adding the extra per park prices because Genie is simply worth it more at MK and HS than Epcot and AK. Minor positive is that those going to parks with less rides than MK will be getting a cheaper rate, "saving" money than if they paid for current Genie (all parks are worth the same price)

The more I think about this, the more I think that with this summer being slower than recent times, and with new versions of Genie+ being promised for next year- it seems that maybe this varied pricing situation is a test run. It's a let's see how people react and how functional it is before whatever new thing is put into place in 2024. I think it's to gauge a particular quality of what is coming to see if it should even be a factor in the next release.

So further punish people that want to park hop and can't until after 2 by forcing them to pay more even on days they only visit one park?

I always get hoppers but that doesn't mean I hop to a different park everyday. My last trip I only fid epcot 1 day and would have happily bought a lower prices g+ but opted not to pay the ridic almost spring break price for a park that doesn't have a ton of options on g+. I ended up going to DS earlier than planned because sb waits were too much.
Yea unfortunately I know it would penalize passholders and hopper guests who had only planned one park but Disney IT is fickle already it would just make things more streamlined from that perspective
Was Bruno announced for MNSSHP or just for Oogie Boogie Bash? Out of the loop on the parties but my mom and sister are going to MNSSHP and would love to meet Bruno.
Bruno was at OBB last year and was popular
He’s not been officially announced for MNSSHP however casting notices have gone out for WDW for “special events” it’s assumed he will be visiting for party season and/or the Encanto Half & Wine & Dine after party nothing officially confirmed

1687562626956.png

The last sentence is what bugs me about getting stuck with the highest price. I haven't been to WDW in a little over a year (just got back from DLP on Sunday), but how many rides are going to be available by 2pm? Last year when I was there, the top tier rides were gone in the first hour of the day. I only got Genie+ twice during the 2 weeks we were there, but availability with Genie+ or ILL was limited.

j

View attachment 770432

The last sentence is what bugs me about getting stuck with the highest price. I haven't been to WDW in a little over a year (just got back from DLP on Sunday), but how many rides are going to be available by 2pm? Last year when I was there, the top tier rides were gone in the first hour of the day. I only got Genie+ twice during the 2 weeks we were there, but availability with Genie+ or ILL was limited.

j
You can pull for your second park before 2 the return time just has to be after 2 for example you could pull a 5pm ratatouille LL from Animal Kingdom at 10am

View attachment 770432

j
Yup. I see lots of guest anger that you bought a multi park option and then hop to say HS and there are no options left 🤦🏼‍♀️

Bruno was at OBB last year and was popular
He’s not been officially announced for MNSSHP however casting notices have gone out for WDW for “special events” it’s assumed he will be visiting for party season and/or the Encanto Half & Wine & Dine after party nothing officially confirmed
That's a shame but thanks for the information. I knew he was at Oogie Boogie last year but didn't know if he was at MNSSHP this year. Hopefully that casting listing means he may come?

View attachment 770432

j
I'm not sure how to parse the last sentence to be honest. Currently you can book LL for your 2nd park anytime but the return time has to be after 2PM. You don't have to wait until 2PM to select the second park.

However if kinda reads the other way too. I guess we'll see when it debuts.

That's a shame but thanks for the information. I knew he was at Oogie Boogie last year but didn't know if he was at MNSSHP this year. Hopefully that casting listing means he may come?
🤞🏻
Meanwhile I am prepared to wait an ungodly amount of time in line if they touted him out for the W&D expo

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/walt-disn...o-reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge-permit/

Walt Disney Imagineering Files to Extend STOLport Permit Connected to Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge Permit
June 23, 2023
byShannen Michaelsen

Walt Disney Imagineering has filed for an extension of a permit related to Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a project long thought canceled.

Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge 2018 Announcement​

reflections disney lakeside lodge

After rumors swirled of a “Disney Discovery Lodge,” Bob Chapek announced Riverside – A Disney Lakeside Lodge at Destination D in 2018. The nature-inspired Disney Vacation Club resort was to be built on the former site of Disney’s long-closed River Country water park, on the shore of Bay Lake near Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. It would have had more than 900 hotel rooms and Disney Vacation Club villas.

reflections disney lakeside lodge2

Terri Schultz, who was Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club at the time, said in a statement: “This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney’s lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible. It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney.”

STOLport Site Permit​

stolport aerial stockpile sm

In May 2018, Disney filed a permit for the “STOLport Site,” near the old Walt Disney World Airport — also known as the Lake Buena Vista STOLport (Short Take Off and Landing), as a stockpile location. The new resort wouldn’t actually be constructed on the STOLport site, but it could act as a staging ground.

This permit was set to expire in May 2023, but Disney has filed to extend it. This doesn’t necessarily mean construction is going to resume on Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Disney wouldn’t be able to use the site for any project without extending the permit.

The STOLport site could instead be used to support cabin construction at the adjacent Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Still, extending the permit does leave the door open for Reflections to be revived.

Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge History​

Reflections A Disney Lakeside Lodge Concept Art

Disney began demolishing River Country in early 2019 and released several pieces of Reflections concept art that summer:

At D23 Expo 2019, more details about the resort were released, including a look a “Princess and the Frog” restaurant.

Reflections A Disney Lakeside Lodge
An aerial overview of the Reflections site from May 23, 2020. (Image Credit: @bioreconstruct on Twitter)

We tracked demolition and construction into early 2020, when Walt Disney World Resort shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Still, behind-the-scenes work continued as Disney filed permits for restaurants, restrooms, transportation structures, and more. We checked on construction again when Walt Disney World Resort reopened in June 2020, but there has been no progress since then.

wdv29034802938402938423042

Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge was originally scheduled to open in 2022, but that deadline obviously came and went. Disney hasn’t made a peep about the resort since.

concept art lobby pocahontas statue reflections lakeside lodge 2

Rumors began circulating that the project was indefinitely delayed or canceled entirely. In September 2020, Disney filed a “general construction” permit for the area, followed by a permit for temporary cast parking a month later. These both seemed to indicate work on Reflections could resume. But in April 2021, Walt Disney Imagineering filed a permit to “remove office trailers from property” at multiple addresses connected to construction, strong evidence for the project’s cancelation.

While it seems Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge is dead, it still has permits open into 2024. If Disney were to complete the project, they would need to extend those permits, but they have some time to decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter