Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickle down doesn't work and Reagan economics has knee-caped the middle class and bellows spending power.

Your right, this is not the place for it but I must add my two cents (or is it 0.5 cents with inflation)- globalization, which really kicked into high gear around that same time, is what accelerated the destruction of the middle class. Workers in far flung countries doing the "same" work for pennies a day has brought wages in all 1st world countries down, nearly eliminating all the good paying manufacturing jobs and some office jobs. And I put same in quotes after dealing with one too many offshore call centers today...

Your right, this is not the place for it but I must add my two cents (or is it 0.5 cents with inflation)- globalization, which really kicked into high gear around that same time, is what accelerated the destruction of the middle class. Workers in far flung countries doing the "same" work for pennies a day has brought wages in all 1st world countries down, nearly eliminating all the good paying manufacturing jobs and some office jobs. And I put same in quotes after dealing with one too many offshore call centers today...

Again, this was done because of corporate greed and the government not taxing and sanctioning the incoming goods to the point where moving factories overseas was unprofitable. None of that can be blamed on the employees unless you would have preferred them to erase decades of employee rights gains.

Because we at the far flung countries love to be cheap labor for 1st world countries... :rolleyes2

I want this so much - it would be a unique dark ride in a place that could certain use more attractions. It's also one of my favorite movies.
There’s no reason to suspect the Mary Poppins attraction will be a dark ride. Could be some kind of spinner, could be an elaborate meet and greet like the Belle one in MK.

There’s no reason to suspect the Mary Poppins attraction will be a dark ride. Could be some kind of spinner, could be an elaborate meet and greet like the Belle one in MK.

Enchanted tales with Belle is not a ride. I got suckered into that when it first opened. Waited 45 minutes in line, and kept waiting for the ride up to the castle....it never came...

Enchanted tales with Belle is not a ride. I got suckered into that when it first opened. Waited 45 minutes in line, and kept waiting for the ride up to the castle....it never came...

It is an attraction, though. They never called it a ride. The Mary Poppins announcement was for an attraction, too, didn't specify ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter