Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning Lane Coming to Festival of Fantasy March 11

According to Disney, Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will be receiving a Lightning Lane viewing area beginning March 11. Festival of Fantasy will be accessible via the Disney Genie+ upcharge.
Big question is: will this be "disconnected" like how a fantasmic or world of color "fastpass" didn't impact your ability to get others? If not I am gonna struggle to see the value here

I think a big issue is that companies still see that minimum wage jobs as meant for teens or young adults and shouldn't be your 'career'. I think the same goes with fast food and retail - unless you're in a managerial role, people need to realize certain roles have wage cap/ceiling. If you want to make more money, you need to train and search for a higher skilled role.

Exactly right. And those that keep saying pay more are probably the same ones who will complain about the price of their happy meal doubling.

mmm... look, i don't want to get into a whole fight here. but this comes off as a pretty gross comment. criticisms about the scaled back performances, sure, but making comments about the physical attractiveness of face characters seems a bit out of line. just wanted to point out how it came across.
Certainly didn’t mean it to sound that way...but point taken.

Last edited:
I think a big issue is that companies still see that minimum wage jobs as meant for teens or young adults and shouldn't be your 'career'. I think the same goes with fast food and retail - unless you're in a managerial role, people need to realize certain roles have wage cap/ceiling. If you want to make more money, you need to train and search for a higher skilled role.
Problem with this statement is that there are much less managerial roles than the others. And there are lots of qualified people, minimum wage should still be a living wage. And implying that food service shouldn't be a 'career' is implying that these ppl don't deserve a living wage because they are lesser somehow because they aren't managers of something. And that's just an awful thing to believe in tbh.

Problem with this statement is that there are much less managerial roles than the others. And there are lots of qualified people, minimum wage should still be a living wage. And implying that food service shouldn't be a 'career' is implying that these ppl don't deserve a living wage because they are lesser somehow because they aren't managers of something. And that's just an awful thing to believe in tbh.
I agree with you, but it's a lot more complicated than "Disney should just pay it's employees more".

The current complaint is that prices at Disney are astronomical and just keep going up. What do you think will happen if every CM gets a big raise?

Big question is: will this be "disconnected" like how a fantasmic or world of color "fastpass" didn't impact your ability to get others? If not I am gonna struggle to see the value here
I think the value is time. If you want to prioritize a good spot to see the parade then you have to stake a claim pretty far in advance. The lightning lane saves your spot for you.

I wish they would have this for fireworks again.

I agree with you, but it's a lot more complicated than "Disney should just pay it's employees more".

The current complaint is that prices at Disney are astronomical and just keep going up. What do you think will happen if every CM gets a big raise?
For me the simple answer is that executives should earn less so cast members could earn more. That will of course not happen because life isn't nice and fair, but it's a nice thought.

For me the simple answer is that executives should earn less so cast members could earn more. That will of course not happen because life isn't nice and fair, but it's a nice thought.
Yeah, that would be nice. Like a comment above mentioned happy meals cost having to double to pay employees higher .... well, that company made over 7 billion in profit. The money is there, they just don't want to use it to pay workers.

I wanted to clarify that this is not my personal belief but something that was true in the past and a lot of companies still harbor this sentiment.
When I said 'I think the same goes with fast food and retail' I meant that those companies have the same thought process.

It really is just corporate greed and having to satisfy shareholders. There doesn't seem to be room in US capitalism for decent or sufficient growth/profit it always has to be exceeding the past.

How about the people treating employees like crap start taking responsibility for themselves??? Why is it the companies responsibility?

Because when employees defend themselves they tend to get fired. Ever heard of the customer is always right policy? Years of that pushed by companies and customers has brought us here. There's a whole cultural movement against these types of people by labeling them as Karen's and what not, but I really don't want to go any deeper than that on a Disney news board.

They'll put the money back into the economy just like every person living paycheck to paycheck and help businesses do even better. This was seen after the bull market when covid relief checks were distributed. Trickle down doesn't work and Reagan economics has knee-caped the middle class and bellows spending power. But as I said above, this is getting too deep for a Disney news board.

DVC NEWS:

Corrections Being Processed For Digital ID Cards

When the new digital ID card was released, it apparently failed to take into account many grandfathered owners. Owners with 150 or more points bought direct from DVC had their status properly reflected while many others did not.

This issue persisted for more than 2 months. However, DVC is currently in the process of updating members' digital cards to reflect the proper status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter