Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more iconic Disney than unfinished attractions and construction walls? The only way it could be more iconic is if they painted it go away green.

Why can't Disney ever come out with shirts or souvenirs of the construction walls in Epcot? It's a big memory of ours at Disney! :teeth:

Maybe a play-set of the Disney Parks with 50 'construction walls' to spread around the parks the way you see fit?

Why can't Disney ever come out with shirts or souvenirs of the construction walls in Epcot? It's a big memory of ours at Disney! :teeth:

Maybe a play-set of the Disney Parks with 50 'construction walls' to spread around the parks the way you see fit?

View attachment 653347

Actually, there is a game very similar to that, which my son has that’s called ‘quoridor.’ You have to keep putting up walls to block the other player from getting to the other side! All they have to do is change the name to ‘quoridor - Disney’s EPCOT Edition’, smack Spaceship Earth in the middle of the board and it will be a hit!!!

085C4247-A57C-4278-B57E-D09A6BF9F8D6.jpeg

Hey all! I’m still missing some Recreation Calendars for March!! If anyone will be at any of these resorts this month, would you kindly take a picture for me for Page 1 and the Resort Recreation Calendars Thread? Thanks so much!!!!! I need:

AOA, CB, FW, GF, HHI, OKW, Pop, SSR

Thanks so much guys!!
I’ll be at animal kingdom lodge May 1 so if you need an updated monthly calendar each month I can grab that one for that month,

I’ll be at animal kingdom lodge May 1 so if you need an updated monthly calendar each month I can grab that one for that month,

Yes, I would appreciate that very much! Thank you!!!

As far as the calendars go, I’m keeping them updated on a monthly basis, so keep them coming!!! Thank you so much!!! 🙂

Right @Brocktoon?! I LOVE Lego video games! I’ve played and completed every Lego Star Wars game with DS and I think they’re excellent!! This one looks great!! I’ll definitely be buying this for myself…uhh, I mean DS!!! 😜

I've been waiting for this game for a while ... All new stuff and not a rehash of older Lego SW games (which were great!). The Lego games are great for all ages and downright hilarious in many spots. While I doubt it'll push my PS5 to its' limits it's still my next planned game purchase! It should also be a much needed change of pace from the amazing yet brutally frustrating Elden Ring I'm currently slogging through ...

I've been waiting for this game for a while ... All new stuff and not a rehash of older Lego SW games (which were great!). The Lego games are great for all ages and downright hilarious in many spots. While I doubt it'll push my PS5 to its' limits it's still my next planned game purchase! It should also be a much needed change of pace from the amazing yet brutally frustrating Elden Ring I'm currently slogging through ...

They are SO funny!!! I really enjoy playing them and look forward to to playing this one… although, I’m notorious for buying games, starting them, and then dropping them halfway though to go back to Fortnite. Slightly addicted. 😬

Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Friday!! 🥳

Disney World. The home of so many amazing, cuddly characters that we love to hug, take photos with, and get autographs from!! The ‘must do’ on everyone’s vacation list!! But what happens when Disney tells you that you can no longer squeeze your favorite characters? Or that you have to stand 6 feet apart from them in order to take a picture? Unfortunately, that’s the reality we’re dealing with right now. We’re going to take a closer look at what’s going on in our temporary new normal. Let’s get right to it.

Remember the good times??

96058147-867F-4DD7-B605-2830D28B8A99.gif

Now, when you go to a Disney Park, the characters make sure they completely keep their distance from you.

40E25E6A-AE11-4350-BAF6-519A63E7DDC0.gif

Instead of being out and about, they sneak around hoping people won’t see them.

CAE12CC8-4E51-4438-9F7C-05BBBF0A8CC8.gif

Roles have now completely reversed when it comes to guests and characters in the parks as well… The characters now take pictures of YOU!!

C6E56676-9E94-495F-A794-59F227AB69F2.gif

They even enjoy all the rides, since they have all that free time now (you know, not hugging you and all.)

42B12101-55AB-4AEE-A359-065393A76978.gif

If you try to approach them, they do one of two things… they either do whatever they can to avoid an incoming guest…

27A455C8-FC98-4D40-AF82-34BF3A1B63D5.gif

Or, if you get too close, they will take matters into their own hands. Mickey wastes that kid! (…and look at his face… no regrets!!)

F5FD824D-2972-4F07-B2D1-0AB9A7DBA593.gif

…followed by sending their personal security after you to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

1EEE6821-FAAA-422E-B7D7-64F20FC25844.gif

The one thing Disney has truly forgot to add-in to these changes is the Karma factor. Eventually, things will go back to normal… and you know what they say about Karma, right?!?

8284F2C3-60B1-490E-A29F-1AC3127345C0.gif

Don’t worry guys… I’m sure we’ll be able to hug the characters again *SOON!* We got this guys!!! 😂 💃🏻

Electrical Water Pageant Showtimes to Be Adjusted Starting March 13

Due to the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, the showtimes of the Electrical Water Pageant will be adjusted starting from Sunday, March 13. Below is the new scheduled that will be in effect beginning next week (as always, be aware that showtimes are subject to change without notice):
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: 8:15 p.m.
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort: 8:30 p.m.
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: 9:30 p.m.
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: 9:45 p.m.
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort: 10:05 p.m.
  • Magic Kingdom Park: 10:30 p.m.

Electrical Water Pageant Showtimes to Be Adjusted Starting March 13

Due to the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, the showtimes of the Electrical Water Pageant will be adjusted starting from Sunday, March 13. Below is the new scheduled that will be in effect beginning next week (as always, be aware that showtimes are subject to change without notice):
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: 8:15 p.m.
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort: 8:30 p.m.
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: 9:30 p.m.
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: 9:45 p.m.
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort: 10:05 p.m.
  • Magic Kingdom Park: 10:30 p.m.
Folks, the Eletric Water Pageant is pure Disney Magic!

It is also the most romantic show for couples at WDW. I have spoken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter