Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know this is totally amateur but please indulge me, I see things keep changing-- if I use a redCard (cc) on target.com to buy disney GCs, I will NOT get the %5 off, correct? I would be better off going INTO the store to get the discount.

BUT-- if I am thinking correctly, If I buy Target gift cards at Raise for 5% or more on another rewards credit card,, and then use the target gift cards to buy disney gcs online, I will get the rewards on my card AND the 5% off raise price, right?

ALso, thoughts on adding a disney vacation account into the mix and depositing the disney gcs there? If I am thinking correctly, this would result in a total savings of about 8-9% (5% raise, 2% travel reward value, 2% disney vacation account)

We are DVC and going on a cruise that is over $10k this summer, so I want to figure something out before our paid in full date (in April) because we're talking potentially saving hundreds if not a thousand dollars. We are costco members and our best travel rewards card basically represents a 2/2.5% discount for flights (it takes about $12500 spend for us to get a $300 free flight).
Unfortunately, you can no longer purchase gift cards with target gift cards, on Target.com, that ended several months ago.

Unfortunately, you can no longer purchase gift cards with target gift cards, on Target.com, that ended several months ago.

I am glad I asked :) OK, I'd have to go into the store then, right? Our local store let me purchase Disney gift cards with Target GCs in December.

So then I should purchase on raise to get the credit card rewards, then take the target GCs to the store and purchase in person, right? Would that work? As in, will raise send me cards or something i can use in store?

I sell gift cards occasionally to the website GIFTCARDZEN.com, I like their payout prices and the fact that I don't have to mail in the cards. Today while I was wandering around the site I noticed that they are selling Target gift cards at 10% off. Not sure if that has been around for awhile or it is a short term discount. They do make sure that you are aware that you will be receiving a code and not a card, that cannot be used for gift card purchases on Target.com. But they also state that you can download the code to the target app for in-store use. Another way (which I would only use if I felt that I was going to be stuck with the code) is to purchase something online or in-store and then return it, which will give you a physical card.

Ok, I know this is totally amateur but please indulge me, I see things keep changing-- if I use a redCard (cc) on target.com to buy disney GCs, I will NOT get the %5 off, correct? I would be better off going INTO the store to get the discount.

BUT-- if I am thinking correctly, If I buy Target gift cards at Raise for 5% or more on another rewards credit card,, and then use the target gift cards to buy disney gcs online, I will get the rewards on my card AND the 5% off raise price, right?

ALso, thoughts on adding a disney vacation account into the mix and depositing the disney gcs there? If I am thinking correctly, this would result in a total savings of about 8-9% (5% raise, 2% travel reward value, 2% disney vacation account)

We are DVC (meaning that I am ok getting 'stuck' with excess on the GCs because we can use it for dues or future trips) and paying cash for a cruise that is over $10k this summer, so I want to figure something out before our paid in full date (in April) because we're talking potentially saving hundreds if not a thousand dollars. We are costco members and our best travel rewards card basically represents a 2/2.5% discount for flights (it takes about $12500 spend for us to get a $300 free flight).

You can still get the 5% off gift card using your red card online, you just can't use gift cards to buy gift cards online anymore.

I sell gift cards occasionally to the website GIFTCARDZEN.com, I like their payout prices and the fact that I don't have to mail in the cards. Today while I was wandering around the site I noticed that they are selling Target gift cards at 10% off. Not sure if that has been around for awhile or it is a short term discount. They do make sure that you are aware that you will be receiving a code and not a card, that cannot be used for gift card purchases on Target.com. But they also state that you can download the code to the target app for in-store use. Another way (which I would only use if I felt that I was going to be stuck with the code) is to purchase something online or in-store and then return it, which will give you a physical card.
They are going fast, better hurry

Someone refresh my memory...what is the threshold at which the resorts charge the credit card on file when you've racked up a bunch of room charges? I'm thinking deluxes charge your card at $1000. Is that right? I used to know but totally forget.

Someone refresh my memory...what is the threshold at which the resorts charge the credit card on file when you've racked up a bunch of room charges? I'm thinking deluxes charge your card at $1000. Is that right? I used to know but totally forget.
I think it depends on your status in part--I have heard DVC'ers get a higher limit though-- I found this elsewhere on the boards: Its $500 at Value, $1,000 at Moderates and $1,500 at deluxe resorts.

Is everyone still getting 5% off at Target .com when paying with T gift cards?
I just tried to order some candy, and when I switched to paying with T gift cards, the 5% discount disappeared.

Is everyone still getting 5% off at Target .com when paying with T gift cards?
I just tried to order some candy, and when I switched to paying with T gift cards, the 5% discount disappeared.
Yes, the same thing happened to me today. I haven't ordered since before Christmas, so I wasn't sure how long this has been going on. But the 5% was only applied to the amount on the target red card, not on any amount that I used a gift card on. :sad1: (I was buy from the bed and bath dept)

Yes, the same thing happened to me today. I haven't ordered since before Christmas, so I wasn't sure how long this has been going on. But the 5% was only applied to the amount on the target red card, not on any amount that I used a gift card on. :sad1: (I was buy from the bed and bath dept)
Exactly the same with my order. Just like in store purchases. Bummer!

Did Target .com finally nerf that too? I put in an order earlier this week, and was still able to stack the REDcard 5% on my gift card payment.

For a long time I wasn't getting any good promos & then bam- Nov came & I had a number of them pop up that I could use. Not the really good one in BJs, but $5 off $25 Joanns, $15 off $40 Olive Garden. My point is you can't do anything to get the good promos beyond signing up your AUs for their own online accounts. And please don't get an Amex credit card just for access to more deals because it's just a gamble if you get more or not. Imho a good sign up bonus can far outweigh a few years of Amex offers!

Thanks. I had seen the BJs one. I never knew what BJs was. We don't have those around here. I think it has to do with using your card a lot because I used my card a lot in the previous few months and I was getting lots of new offers (no staples though).

Yeah. I love me a good sign up bonus! I just got the chase reserve before the 100k ended. That's another anomaly. The 5 account rule isn't entirely true. They must take into consideration other things because i got it and I've opened a lot of accounts recently.

Can Disney GCs be purchased with Staples GCs?

Did Target .com finally nerf that too? I put in an order earlier this week, and was still able to stack the REDcard 5% on my gift card payment.
Looks like it.
Also they have stopped you from being able to pay for a Disney gift card order with Target gift cards. So, no more of that ridiculous game of being able to place the order and then them canceling it a few minutes later.

Kroger 4x fuel points this Fri/Sat/Sun. Must download the digital coupon.

Can someone answer a few questions about this? I'm trying to advise my MIL (no Kroger stores here so no personal experience with this).

First, do the Visa gift cards count to get the bonus fuel points?

Also, about how much are fuel points worth? If she bought a $200 gift card, that would be 800 fuel points, correct? How much of a discount on gas would she get for those 800 points?

Thanks!

Can someone answer a few questions about this? I'm trying to advise my MIL (no Kroger stores here so no personal experience with this).

First, do the Visa gift cards count to get the bonus fuel points?

Also, about how much are fuel points worth? If she bought a $200 gift card, that would be 800 fuel points, correct? How much of a discount on gas would she get for those 800 points?

Thanks!

The Visa GC's do count to get fuel rewards. Some here even report getting fuel rewards on the service fee that is charged to the Visa GC. That is not the case at my store.

If she purchases $200 GC, that is 800 fuel rewards. Those 800 points will give her 80 cents off per gallon up to 35 gallons. She has to fuel up at their gas station, of course. How much that is actually worth depends on how many gallons she gets. My dh & I fuel up together and can use all 35 gallons. We purchase $250 GC for 1000 fuel reward points so we save $1 off per gallon for a savings of $35.

ETA: There are some GC's excluded from the 4x fuel rewards. I think the variable load for Visa GC's might be one. I purchase the set amount cards, if I do buy the Visa cards.

Last edited:
@wendow Thanks for the quick response! I am curious about the fueling up together part - does this mean that all of the fuel points must be used (or lost) in one transaction? So you couldn't get gas on Monday and your DH on Tuesday, for example?

@wendow Thanks for the quick response! I am curious about the fueling up together part - does this mean that all of the fuel points must be used (or lost) in one transaction? So you couldn't get gas on Monday and your DH on Tuesday, for example?

Well, you can split the fuel rewards into whatever increments of 10 cents that you would like. So, if I have $1 off per gallon, I could enter that I only want to use 50 cents. DH could go another time and use the other 50 cents (before expiring). However, the way we use the points gives us the biggest discount. We actually fill up one right after the other so it is all one transaction and we use the full $1. I am not sure if that is allowed at all Kroger stations but ours allows it and I have seen others doing it too :)

Well, you can split the fuel rewards into whatever increments of 10 cents that you would like. So, if I have $1 off per gallon, I could enter that I only want to use 50 cents. DH could go another time and use the other 50 cents (before expiring). However, the way we use the points gives us the biggest discount. We actually fill up one right after the other so it is all one transaction and we use the full $1. I am not sure if that is allowed at all Kroger stations but ours allows it and I have seen others doing it too :)

Got it - thanks!

I think it depends on your status in part--I have heard DVC'ers get a higher limit though-- I found this elsewhere on the boards: Its $500 at Value, $1,000 at Moderates and $1,500 at deluxe resorts.
They raised the room charging limits a year or so ago. It's now $1500 at Value and Moderates and $2000 at Deluxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter