Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've racked up quite a few points, but don't have enough to cash out. It seems like it would take quite a while to get the amount of points needed for a gift card, unless I'm missing something that's a big earner on that site.

It does take forever! Kind of like receipt hog. But I just go there every morning and spin their wheel 5 times and it takes all of about 20 seconds.

I almost have enough for my first $5 on MileUp. Going to check the data usage on it this week and see if it's worth it.

Question regarding using Sams/Walmart gift cards online to buy other gift cards, like Disney, Southwest... Can a person, using a Walmart GC purchase a Disney GC at Sams.com or is the purchase allowed "in store" only?

Thanks,

Question regarding using Sams/Walmart gift cards online to buy other gift cards, like Disney, Southwest... Can a person, using a Walmart GC purchase a Disney GC at Sams.com or is the purchase allowed "in store" only?

Thanks,
I have purchased Disney and Hotels.com gift cards on samsclub.com

Last summer, I used my Balance Rewards to buy a $50 gift card, but I also had a few other items in my order as well. The official rules state that you cannot use them for gift card purchases, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks, I think I will try it. Mix a few things in and then say oh, I'd like to redeem my $50 in points! I'll post back if I have any luck. I'm pretty certain our local ones carry Disney GCs.

Did you use a Walmart gift card to buy the Disney gift cards?

Thanks!
You can use Walmart GCs to purchase Disney GCs from Sam's Club's website (unless they've recently changed something).

Be aware, however, that there is a limit to the number of Walmart GCs you can use per transaction - offhand, I believe it's 4.

FYI. Just came from my local Sam's Club and the 3 X $25 packs pf Disney gift cards have gone up to $144.98 from $143.98. The sign still said $143.98 so they honored that price but it was quite the ordeal!

FYI. Just came from my local Sam's Club and the 3 X $25 packs pf Disney gift cards have gone up to $144.98 from $143.98. The sign still said $143.98 so they honored that price but it was quite the ordeal!

I was just coming to post the same thing. The discounts continue to dwindle.

You mean the 3 x $50 pack, correct?
Did you see a change with the $500 card too?

I almost have enough for my first $5 on MileUp. Going to check the data usage on it this week and see if it's worth it.

It doesn't use much data, but HOO BOY is it a battery hog. It uses a background process to track and it eats battery. Just eats it. But it's using very little data. It seems to upload only once and awhile (which makes it look like it's not keeping track, but it is).

They were $143.98 on Sunday... The Sam's Club I went to did not have the $500 ones. I bought 8 of the $150 cards for $1151.84. My Amex card gives me 1% back so I got back $11.52 . Plus the 20% back Amex offer gave me back $230.37. So the final cost was $909.95 for $1200 worth of Disney gift cards.

Please people, the current way to save on Disney gift cards is using AMERICAN EXPRESS. Not 5%, not 10%, but 25 - 30%.

The 30% was achieved using the Amex 20% offer at Staples (buying Target gift cards) and then converting to new Target gift cards on the 10% sale day. I purchased $1000 of Disney gift cards at 30% off.

I got 27% off using the Amex 25% off offer at BJ's and buying their discounted Disney gift cards. I bought $800 of Disney gift cards at 27% off.

And I got 25% off using the Amex 20% Sam's Club offer and buying their discounted gift cards. I bought $2,000 of Disney gift cards at 25% off and will be buying another $1000 at 25% off this weekend.

The key is to get 2 or 3 Amex cards (many of them have no annual fee) and then add family members as authorized users. Add your mother, father, brother, sister, dog (ok, maybe not your dog). Each authorized user can get the offer on their card. I have 3 Amex cards but have my mother and father as authorized users on each one and my sister as an authorized user on 1 of them. So that is 3 cards and 7 authorized users for a total of 10 cards.

Many of these offers take place around the holidays, so you want to start applying for Amex cards now to be ready for next years holidays.

Which Amex is giving these deals? I haven't seen any of these, and I have Blue, Gold, and Delta.

Thanks!

Which Amex is giving these deals? I haven't seen any of these, and I have Blue, Gold, and Delta.

Thanks!

The Staples and BJ's offers were on almost all the Amex cards but you had to sign up right when the offer was released. Amex releases offers at 3 AM Eastern time (midnight Pacific time) and the real hot offers like the BJ's and Staples were full the next morning by 7 or 8 AM. So pretty much if you didn't log into your Amex account during those 5 hours and save the offer you didn't get it.

Here is what it looks like on your Amex statement:
Capture.jpg

Captured.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks!
We got Staples on all but it filled faster than I'd seen any promo fill. It was gone that day, I snagged it around 8-9 am pst. Lots of people got BJs and it was around for a while and Amex even went back and offered it to more cards but I was never among them with our accounts so it definitely was not open to everyone.

No one, NO ONE, has figured out how these things work. Once in a while a promo is noticed on business accounts only (Office Depot last year) & that's the only consistent data point. Not that all business cards get those promos. Your Gold could have it while mine doesn't.

For a long time I wasn't getting any good promos & then bam- Nov came & I had a number of them pop up that I could use. Not the really good one in BJs, but $5 off $25 Joanns, $15 off $40 Olive Garden. My point is you can't do anything to get the good promos beyond signing up your AUs for their own online accounts. And please don't get an Amex credit card just for access to more deals because it's just a gamble if you get more or not. Imho a good sign up bonus can far outweigh a few years of Amex offers!

Ok, I know this is totally amateur but please indulge me, I see things keep changing-- if I use a redCard (cc) on target.com to buy disney GCs, I will NOT get the %5 off, correct? I would be better off going INTO the store to get the discount.

BUT-- if I am thinking correctly, If I buy Target gift cards at Raise for 5% or more on another rewards credit card,, and then use the target gift cards to buy disney gcs online, I will get the rewards on my card AND the 5% off raise price, right?

ALso, thoughts on adding a disney vacation account into the mix and depositing the disney gcs there? If I am thinking correctly, this would result in a total savings of about 8-9% (5% raise, 2% travel reward value, 2% disney vacation account)

We are DVC (meaning that I am ok getting 'stuck' with excess on the GCs because we can use it for dues or future trips) and paying cash for a cruise that is over $10k this summer, so I want to figure something out before our paid in full date (in April) because we're talking potentially saving hundreds if not a thousand dollars. We are costco members and our best travel rewards card basically represents a 2/2.5% discount for flights (it takes about $12500 spend for us to get a $300 free flight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter