Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not actually give the authorized user cards to other people, I just open them in family members names (with their permission first, of course) and use the cards myself. As far as having so many open accounts, an authorized user doesn't even affect your credit score.

Nice side effect for kids (think they must be 15 to be an auth user) is that your good credit "extends" to them. Having them as an authorized user is an easy way for them to build credit.

Nice side effect for kids (think they must be 15 to be an auth user) is that your good credit "extends" to them. Having them as an authorized user is an easy way for them to build credit.

I did not know this. I have been wondering how to responsibly help my 16yo build some credit. We have considered getting her a debit card but I hadn't thought about making her an AU on any of our cards. Thanks for sharing!

I did not know this. I have been wondering how to responsibly help my 16yo build some credit. We have considered getting her a debit card but I hadn't thought about making her an AU on any of our cards. Thanks for sharing!

Both dh and I have made the kids authorized users on all of our Amex cards. We give them just one card to use and keep the others here to use when Amex offers come up. If you set up a separate login for them, it will enable you to add the Amex offer to their card as well as yours. Lots of info floating around out there on this.

What Amex card are you using? My Blue Cash never seems to have these great offers.

I use the Blue Cash, the SimplyCash, and the Everyday. The BJ's and Staples offers were on all 3 cards but you had to sign up for the offers right away. Amex only has a limited amount of sign ups for each offer, so when the offer comes out you have to sign up for them ASAP. Generally Amex offers come out at 3 AM PT (midnight Eastern Time) and the real hot offers will be filled up by the next morning at 7 or 8 AM. If you didn't get the BJ's or staples offer on your Amex, it just means by the time you checked your account, they had already met the quota and the offer then got removed from your account.

Now, I agree 100% that it makes no sense if there is a limited amount of offers to let every authorized user sign up for the offer. It would make much more sense to allow only one sign up per card and not give the offer on authorized user cards. That way it wouldn't be one person getting the offer 10, 20 or 30 times while others don't get the offer at all. But for whatever reason, that is the way Amex does it so I take advantage of the offers.

Has anyone else had problems adding Target gift cards to their Target.com account (for use in-store) over the last few days?

I ventured out. I no longer have a target debit card, I was one of the ones who got caught with possible breach of info. I am willing to do the 10 off $100 in December with target.

So from this thread I did the BJ online discount and got 5% off, I think it took 8 days to arrive. We needed one AP do I decided it would be worth the work for the small discount. And I was hoping they would arrive before the dreaded ticket increase.
I would do it again. Maybe my Disney visa won't categorize the sale as a gift card and I will get rewards too.?

I ventured out. I no longer have a target debit card, I was one of the ones who got caught with possible breach of info. I am willing to do the 10 off $100 in December with target.

So from this thread I did the BJ online discount and got 5% off, I think it took 8 days to arrive. We needed one AP do I decided it would be worth the work for the small discount. And I was hoping they would arrive before the dreaded ticket increase.
I would do it again. Maybe my Disney visa won't categorize the sale as a gift card and I will get rewards too.?
I got 1% back from ebates too when i ordered from BJ's

Does Disney have gift cards where you can add a specific amount or is it just the $25.. $50.. ect? I get tips through my work biweekly and I'm hoping to get a Disney card and just go to the store every other week and add the money to the same card over and over before I spend my tips going out for lunch and stuff.

Does Disney have gift cards where you can add a specific amount or is it just the $25.. $50.. ect? I get tips through my work biweekly and I'm hoping to get a Disney card and just go to the store every other week and add the money to the same card over and over before I spend my tips going out for lunch and stuff.

I believe they do. I was just at Best Buy using my $10 off coupon for a Disney card, and they had $25, $50 and variable load ones ($25-$500). I believe I saw these at Walgreens as well. There may also be other places too, but since i don't have a trip planned, I haven't been really looking.

Best Buy and several other retailers do sell Disney Gift Cards in a variable load card, from $25-500. Disneystore .com also sells Disney Gift Cards in a variety of designs in more denominations than just $25/$50/$100, with free shipping.

Although just about every Disney Gift Card technically is "reloadable" -- because you can transfer funds onto them using disneygiftcard .com -- retailers in practice will not load new funds onto a card in your possession and will require you to buy a new card. However, you can put your tips toward the purchase of a new card, and then transfer the funds from that new card to combine with a card that has all the rest of your Disney funds on it through disneygiftcard .com, up to $1000 per card.

Last edited:
On another subject, our last few months of eBay churning, I managed to rack up a few Walgreens Balance rewards pts. I also set up my Garmin and iPhone so that I can get pts for exercise. Has anyone tried to use these towards a gift card (only - no other merchandise) in store? Right now I have $5 worth I could use.

I'm wondering if I can do exactly this but didn't see any responses. Wondering if OP tried or anyone else to buy a GC with Walgreens balance reward points? TIA!

I'm wondering if I can do exactly this but didn't see any responses. Wondering if OP tried or anyone else to buy a GC with Walgreens balance reward points? TIA!

No, I haven't tried it yet. I just cashed out for a trip to The World next week, so it will have to wait a few weeks. Hoping to rack up even more points at the theme parks with all that walking. Also have the Achievemint app set up for walking rewards and MileUp for the 1,000 mile drive down and back.

Here's another question...has anyone ever saved up points on the Daily Break website (learned about this on Swagbucks) and cashed out?

Here's another question...has anyone ever saved up points on the Daily Break website (learned about this on Swagbucks) and cashed out?
I've racked up quite a few points, but don't have enough to cash out. It seems like it would take quite a while to get the amount of points needed for a gift card, unless I'm missing something that's a big earner on that site.

Last summer, I used my Balance Rewards to buy a $50 gift card, but I also had a few other items in my order as well. The official rules state that you cannot use them for gift card purchases, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!