Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm all this talk of rufflers makes me want one more and more!

OK so without a sewing machine, I'm busy with 'other' projects. I've just bought some Bubble Jet Set 2000. Its a liquid that you soak cotton in and then you can print on the fabric using a normal printer. I've done a couple of pictures ready for DH's Cars quilt and its really easy.

This has got me thinking that I could make a quilt for Hope using autographs, instead of keeping a traditional book. If I get the signatures, scan them in and then print them onto thefabric, I can use the squares in a simple block design quilt.

The bit I need your help for, is how big would the squares need to be? How big is the average signature? I've never done this before so have no idea whatsoever!!!

Clare XX

This sounds like a GREAT idea! I'm not a quilter, but if I were going to guess, I would think 6x6 squares? And how cute would it be to take pics of your child with each character getting the autograph, and print those on to fabric as well? That would be really, really awesome!

Does anyone need a slant shank ruffler? I happen to have 2, for some reason, and don't need either one as I now have a short shank machine. I'd be glad to pass them on.

And does anyone know, can a ruffler break? I was going along just fine, making tons of ruffles when all of a sudden it stopped working. It started to rub on the side of the little hole. I changed the needle, and it just would't work. I tried it on my Mother's machine and it got me through my job, as long as the needle was in the left position. I hate to go out and spend another $25-30 bucks.

Thanks for the idea on those clips!!! They look so cute - I'll have to go to Joann's and get me some!!!! Your outfits are so cute!!

Wow- where is everybody today?
Well, I ripped out those double lines of gathering threads, thinking my zig zag attempt would be a bust.

Well let me tell you....
the cording and zig zag trick worked miracles!!!!!

I did have a bit of trouble with having to sew them on in "loop" shape instead of being able to attach them to a flat piece of fabric. This is the first time I have attached a skirt to a bodice in this fashion, so I didnt do the best job of a straight line when attaching skirt to bodice, but I think the busyness of the fabric hides my sewing flaws.
I'm also uncertain if I like the neckline- I opted for the ruffle part and I dont know what I was expecting, but somehow it looks "homemade" to me.
I also chose to do cap sleeves and these look like a short sleeve to me.
They are not done- I still have to sew them and enclose them, saftey pins holding now. Here are some pics. (Sorry its raining here today, so just indoor pics)

On a good note- DD is learning/figuring out how to twirl a dress skirt for the very first time!

back-virtually the same as the front.

Wow- where is everybody today?
Well, I ripped out those double lines of gathering threads, thinking my zig zag attempt would be a bust.

Well let me tell you....
the cording and zig zag trick worked miracles!!!!!

I did have a bit of trouble with having to sew them on in "loop" shape instead of being able to attach them to a flat piece of fabric. This is the first time I have attached a skirt to a bodice in this fashion, so I didnt do the best job of a straight line when attaching skirt to bodice, but I think the busyness of the fabric hides my sewing flaws.
I'm also uncertain if I like the neckline- I opted for the ruffle part and I dont know what I was expecting, but somehow it looks "homemade" to me.
I also chose to do cap sleeves and these look like a short sleeve to me.
They are not done- I still have to sew them and enclose them, saftey pins holding now. Here are some pics. (Sorry its raining here today, so just indoor pics)

On a good note- DD is learning/figuring out how to twirl a dress skirt for the very first time!

back-virtually the same as the front.

I think it looks really cute.

I don't know about everyone else, but I just got back into town from my sister's college graduation and let me say I love my family, but I have had enough for a while. :mad: My father and sister are like oil and water, fight constantly. My sister is "high maintaince" irf you konw what I mean, and my parents tend to let DD do whatever she wants so I have a hard time with her when they are around. It just seems like they undermine me every time I try to make her behave:sad2: Anyway, sorry for ranting, but I just had to get it out somewhere!!!

This has got me thinking that I could make a quilt for Hope using autographs, instead of keeping a traditional book. If I get the signatures, scan them in and then print them onto thefabric, I can use the squares in a simple block design quilt.

The bit I need your help for, is how big would the squares need to be? How big is the average signature? I've never done this before so have no idea whatsoever!!!

Clare XX
I had the characters sign on fabric blocks for a family disney quilt and it's not done but it will be great, I think. The size of the blocks will depend on you and what you want for your quilt. I think if you do squares that are 6 1/2" square, you'll have the flexability to add whatever else you like to them. The extra 1/2" is your seam allowance so your finished squares of your quilt will be 6". I just used fabric markers on my fabric and had the characters sign directly on to each piece. Just be sure to bring a small clipboard so there is something to sign against!

I think it looks really cute.

I don't know about everyone else, but I just got back into town from my sister's college graduation and let me say I love my family, but I have had enough for a while. :mad: My father and sister are like oil and water, fight constantly. My sister is "high maintaince" irf you konw what I mean, and my parents tend to let DD do whatever she wants so I have a hard time with her when they are around. It just seems like they undermine me every time I try to make her behave:sad2: Anyway, sorry for ranting, but I just had to get it out somewhere!!!

Rant away! There is nothing like family to get on your last nerve. I totally understand. Love my family and all but...

I don't have a ruffler. I actually find hand ruffling fine. I will tell you though, that the only time I have had thread break is when I tried to do 2 layers, or one ruffle that was folded over. So i just went back to ruffling each layer, and then attaching them together. Not a big deal. I am still pretty intimitated by my sewing machine. I enjoy sewing immensly, but have little time and littler skill. So I just try to stick with the same skirts and dresses. I like the results, and am getting better. One day, in my next life, I plan on having a sewing room, and having more time to learn:)

Phew...made it! :goodvibes
Took me a while to catch up and over!
Okay - went to the Disney store last night and a very nice girl went and got a petti from the back for me. Showed it to DD9 and she said no! :headache: ...is she already too old! NOOOO!!!! So, I was so upset! I really wanted her to like it! Oh well...is 37 too old for one?:lmao:

oh well....

I did get my DS4 a Perry the platypus shirt which he was thrilled about...he pretends to be Perry all of the time and nobody knows who that is...now he can just point to his shirt. Which brings me to...the doctor told me yesterday that he thinks he needs to be evaluated for ADHD...at 4? He should have seen him a year ago! The kid has really calmed down. This is the first time this doctor has seen him and this is after he has had us waiting in a room for 45 mins!!! Anybody would be bored! I WAS!!! Kinda made me mad...don't get me wrong...I know my kid is wired...he pushes me some days...but how can he say anything after one visit!:headache:

I've been lurking since Jan and am a long time sewer, but had been in a lull. You guys got my creative juices flowing- and made me buy a serger. And restock my stash. And buy Ottobre. And buy Farbenmix patterns......This is a very expensive place to hang out. My DD6 checks out the new posts daily with me and has been bugging me to put her pic here. She loves looking at the other kids and knows them by name. We have also had to do the sock curls for 10 nights in a row.

It took me a while to figure out how to post, but here she is in a CASED HSM top. No sock curls today.

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

I've been lurking since Jan and am a long time sewer, but had been in a lull. You guys got my creative juices flowing- and made me buy a serger. And restock my stash. And buy Ottobre. And buy Farbenmix patterns......This is a very expensive place to hang out. My DD6 checks out the new posts daily with me and has been bugging me to put her pic here. She loves looking at the other kids and knows them by name. We have also had to do the sock curls for 10 nights in a row.

It took me a while to figure out how to post, but here she is in a CASED HSM top. No sock curls today.

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

This is a GREAT outfit! Thanks for sharing. I might have to break down and do something like this to.

47b8db22b3127ccea955e175f90700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e17df90f00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e162782000000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Here is my pink Cindy dress. I still have a couple of things to do. I want to tack the bows a little more, so they won't "spin" some. My Mother thinks the bows should be smaller, but I'm not about to change them at this point. And the white sleeves are loose, but I wanted to wait until closer to we leave to take them in, for growing room. I bought pink sparkle shoes for her wear with it.

47b8db22b3127ccea955e096384c00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e082385800000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

It's not finished. But can you tell who it's supposed to be so far?

I am going to guess Jasmine!

47b8db22b3127ccea955e175f90700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e17df90f00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e162782000000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Here is my pink Cindy dress. I still have a couple of things to do. I want to tack the bows a little more, so they won't "spin" some. My Mother thinks the bows should be smaller, but I'm not about to change them at this point. And the white sleeves are loose, but I wanted to wait until closer to we leave to take them in, for growing room. I bought pink sparkle shoes for her wear with it.

That looks great! Now I am thinking I may have to make dd a pink Cindy dress too!

Hello everyone.

I haven't posted or looked here in forever!

Riley is still fighting the kidney infection that started April 6. She has now missed 15 days of school. Today was the last day of her 4th antibiotic, so we'll know for sure in a few days if it is gone.

I really miss my sewing. It's just hard to get anything accomplished with Riley home. She wants to talk to me about everything I do, so I just decided to put everything aside (even housework) till she feels better! Hopefully next week I'll be back to sewing and housework!

I can't wait to go back and see everybody's recent creations.

I will be praying for her to get better soon!!

th_IMG_1468.jpg
th_IMG_1471.jpg
th_IMG_1467.jpg
th_IMG_1464.jpg
th_IMG_1466.jpg

That is sooooo adorable! I love the bodice fabric!!

I really like it, you did an amazing job - and I especially love seeing all the different versions of the dress :)

my machine is a regular sewing machine (euro pro shark)

when you do embrodery do you remove the presser foot and lower the feed dogs?:confused3

Do you use the embrodery hoop?

Thanks
Linnette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter