Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megan just walked by and said, "Meg!" so I think you're ok! It looks great so far.

Megan said (she has lots of opinions this morning) that it also looks like Giselle's dress so if you wanted to change you could take off the bows and put flowers in your hair and be Giselle later. Isn't she clever?

I don't think the bows are too big, it really is cute!

Cute pirate dress! I love the sleeves, but I could see how they would hot and annoying. They are so cute though!

Megan calls her outfit like this her small world outfit, even though she has only worn it in Epcot. I think it would work for either one. From here your appliqué looks great!

Wow, how scary about her knee! I hope it heals quickly.

Tell Megan we appreciate her opinions. It's really the kids that count, right? :confused3 I'll have to tell Kirsta about the Giselle idea. I wonder if you can see Giselle in the parks? We are going to use the Cindy dress for dinner at Park Fare.

I'd like to take the sleeves off of the pirate outfit. But I might wait until closer to the trip to finish stuff up becuase of sizing. We don't go until Sept. But I wanted to make my nephew some co ordinating outfits. He'll be almost 4 then.

I've still lots to do!!:scared:

I really like the color you chose for the Cindy dress. It is a nice shade of pink. I so want to try one of those apron dresses. Was it hard??

I ADORE the Meg idea! I think Hercules has some of the best music in a Disney film. Totally underrated in my opinion. I also want to tell you that I have been on these boards quite some time, and that is the first "Meg" I've seen her. Super creative! I am sure tons here will be CASE-ing you soon!

I love your pink Cindy dress. Jenna's Pink Cindy dress is almost finished. I just have to attach the bodice to the skirt. I like the big bows. That is how Cinderella's dress is in the movie. That's how I did Jenna's dress too.
This dress is cute too. You have been busy.

More cute stuff.

I saw so many different versions, that I decided not to over think it! She has a card that she got when she was 2, and it's in a picture frame in her room. So I used that as my model. I bought an older pattern off :wizard: with the idea to make it floor length. But decided at the last minute to make it shorter so we have no trips and falls. Kirsta was mad at me until she tried it on.

I can't wait to see Jenna's Cindy dress!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I'm still working hard on outfits. It's how I relax.

I haven't had any takers on the slant shank rufflers. They are still here if anyone is interested.

I really like the color you chose for the Cindy dress. It is a nice shade of pink. I so want to try one of those apron dresses. Was it hard??

I ADORE the Meg idea! I think Hercules has some of the best music in a Disney film. Totally underrated in my opinion. I also want to tell you that I have been on these boards quite some time, and that is the first "Meg" I've seen her. Super creative! I am sure tons here will be CASE-ing you soon!

The apron dress was so easy, it was disgusting! You mean the Epcot outfit, right? I didn't put the bows in the back. I used those mitten type clips and covered it. Then it could truly be reversable if needed. I bought the Anna from Farbenmix. And this was the shorter version. I think I probably made it a size too big.

I keep trying to be origional. It's what makes the kids stand out. Kirsta loves the attention. And she loves Meg.

I think the Hercules music was underrated to. But it was up against the Celion music from Titanic. It didn't get a chance at the awards.

I think it was Heather who wanted to see the matching dress/top I made for Megan and me. We just got home from church:

IMG_0452.jpg

Geez, I don't check these boards for a few weeks and suddenly I am 150 pages behind! I'm all caught up now and just wanted to say Hi to everybody. Phenomenal outfits EVERYONE!!!!

Question- Which size should I make for my husband? He falls inbetween

Medium Large
chest- (38-40) (42-44) he measured 41
waist (32-34) (36-39) 36.5
Hip (39-41) (43-45) 38

The chest and waist were taken over clothes (I finally made him drop his pants for an accurate hip- LOL) We are leaving for church shortly.

So which size should I do.. I'm using this pattern
5581.jpg

it has a 5/8" seam allowance- should I do the medium and do all 1/4" seams?

47b8db22b3127ccea955e175f90700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e17df90f00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e162782000000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Here is my pink Cindy dress. I still have a couple of things to do. I want to tack the bows a little more, so they won't "spin" some. My Mother thinks the bows should be smaller, but I'm not about to change them at this point. And the white sleeves are loose, but I wanted to wait until closer to we leave to take them in, for growing room. I bought pink sparkle shoes for her wear with it.

LOVE this!!! So so cute!!! All your outfits have been really nicely done!! I love the Friends around the world fabric! :hug: to your dd and her sore knee!

Now that I'm finally done sewing for the masses...:rotfl: it's time for me to sew for our trip. so the list is....Parrot Cay, Toy Story, Nassau, Boarding outfit, Pirate Night, and Animators palate...
Then, Epcot, MGM, AK, Liberty Tree, MNSSHP costumes, and maybe..an outfit for disembarkation ...most likely pop century, since that's where we're going.
I should have these "whipped up" in the next hour or so...:lmao: :lmao:
Anyone wanna help...:rotfl:

Can't wait to see the outfits!!! Whip em out girl!:lmao:

I think it was Heather who wanted to see the matching dress/top I made for Megan and me. We just got home from church:

IMG_0452.jpg

AWWWWWW!!! All y'all are SO cute!! Is Megan's dress a knit fabric?

BTW...I LOVE your "glass room"...every time my step daughter sees a picture of it she'll casually comment "Oh there's the room we are going to have in our new house...":lmao: Not so common here in New Jersey! She also thought it would be "cool to go swimming when it's SNOWING..." Do y'all get a lot of snow there in Florida? Such a Jersey girl! She connects that it may be warm enough to swim in "winter" months but can't imagine a winter without snow!

Pat Scrappy for me!!:goodvibes

Sally, honey, you really outdid yoself!!!!

The Cindy dress is adorable!
The little blue Cinderella dress- what pattern is that? Was it complicated? How long did it take you? Im very interested! I have some princess fabric I plan to cut into today....

Question- CarlaC's A-line- has anyone tried adding a bottom accent? I have some small white eyelet lace I was thinking of trying to sew right in when I sew the bottom closed- has anyone done this?

Oh- DH wanted me to make sure you all knew that DD is NOT sitting on a potty in the pictures, that its a little step stool.
He was too funny yesterday, asking DD to twirl. I think next time I make that I'll do the next size down, I went up in size because I thought hte bodice would be too snug, but I was wrong. I didnt want her to out grow it too fast.

Oh! Oh! LOOK at my ticker!! We are under a month!!!
I really wish we were going for more than 5 days, seems like such a short trip as it gets closer...
I didnt coordinate what outfit to wear to what park.
1. Mickey Mouse with yellow ruffle and capri
2. Winnie the Pooh peasant dress
3. Little Mermaid top and easy fit shorts
Non-Disney
4. Dolphin A-line go-go length dress
5. A-line top with paisley/party color print and easy fit capri pants
Not made by me-
Minnie Dot A-line dress with embroidered girl- who we voted should be left with straight hair (Thank you!)

Well, DD often wears more than one outfit a day, since it gets so hot, we put something fresh on after her nap, so I can rationalize sewing more Disney outfits. ;)
I'm glad that you said it wasn't a potty because I thought it was. :lmao: Sorry. I am making two outfits for each day that we are going to be at WDW. Jenna likes to change clothes in the middle of the day.

I saw so many different versions, that I decided not to over think it! She has a card that she got when she was 2, and it's in a picture frame in her room. So I used that as my model. I bought an older pattern off :wizard: with the idea to make it floor length. But decided at the last minute to make it shorter so we have no trips and falls. Kirsta was mad at me until she tried it on.

I can't wait to see Jenna's Cindy dress!
I know what pattern you used. I bought the same one because last Halloween Jenna wanted to be Ballerina Cinderella and I thought that pattern would be cute to do that with. My next post has Jenna's dress in it.

IMG_0452.jpg
Awww you two are too cute.

Ok here is Jenna's pink Cindy dress. It will be fuller when she has it on. She has the pink Petti-skirt from Disney that she can wear under the dress.

S2010145.jpg

The picture does not do the dress justice. It is not that dark of a pink in person and it is sitting funny on the hanger.

I mostly lurk over on this end of the board to see all the great outfits you ladies make but I wanted to share something I saw at Hancock's yesterday. Near their fleece they had Disney character clear vinyl? I have never seen this and I'm not even sure what you could do with it. They had Cars, Pooh, Princess, and some others which I can't think of at the moment. So all you ladies with great imaginations will probably think of something really cool to make from it and if you do do I want to see!!! LOL.

I mostly lurk over on this end of the board to see all the great outfits you ladies make but I wanted to share something I saw at Hancock's yesterday. Near their fleece they had Disney character clear vinyl? I have never seen this and I'm not even sure what you could do with it. They had Cars, Pooh, Princess, and some others which I can't think of at the moment. So all you ladies with great imaginations will probably think of something really cool to make from it and if you do do I want to see!!! LOL.

I was in a shop the other day and they had a Barbie version. The lady serving me was telling me she had made her daughter a rain coat with it and really struggled. She ended up sewing with tissue paper sandwiching the fabric on both sides or else it wouldn't feed through the machine properly. I have to say she wasn't a very good sales person as she really put me off buying any.

The apron dress was so easy, it was disgusting! You mean the Epcot outfit, right? I didn't put the bows in the back. I used those mitten type clips and covered it. Then it could truly be reversable if needed. I bought the Anna from Farbenmix. And this was the shorter version. I think I probably made it a size too big.

I keep trying to be origional. It's what makes the kids stand out. Kirsta loves the attention. And she loves Meg.

I think the Hercules music was underrated to. But it was up against the Celion music from Titanic. It didn't get a chance at the awards.

Yep i was referencing the Epcot now Small World dress:) I have one of these dresses I bought offf of e bay. It has long ties instead of a button closure or the mitten clip. I like it, but am worried about it coming "undone" and exposing panties or something else. I will have to look for mitten clips. The dress I have is actuall different on all four sides. All of the fabric coordinates, but is different. I'll have to get a pic of it. I like the idea. I rermember Castle Creations did one a while ago with the white Friends around the World fabric. It had the sayings on one side, the faces on the other. I might get brave and try this one.

LOVE the Meg dress! She is one of my oldest DD's favs! Cindy dress is to cute too! Actually they all are. :)

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/hair-accessories/How-to-Make-Boutique-Hair-Bows-Manual.htm Has anyone bought this yet? Wondering if it is worth buying? I am trying to find something to guide me through making bows lol.

I agree with Steph - you don't need the ebook. I made these bows using the bookmarks.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

The blue/brown bows were my first attempt at bows. The second one I made looks a little better than the first. LOL!! Here's the link I used. For the brown /blue bows I used the loopy surround a bow with the boutique bow. The baseball bows are just stacked boutique bows.

http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/

Rain coat, shower curtain, lining for a bag (like a diaper bag, or to keep drinks cold), actually this could be a cute bag on its own, it could be see-thru- perfect for the parks! or poncho (althught it could be stiff) ???? slip cover for outdoor/deck furniture?

Okay- DID anyone happen to ready my question about which size shirt to do??? Would doing it in 1/4th inch seams instead of 5/8th come out right, but a tad bigger? Or should I just make a size medium and assume that since its a roomy shirt it will fit fine??

Question- Which size should I make for my husband? He falls inbetween

Medium Large
chest- (38-40) (42-44) he measured 41
waist (32-34) (36-39) 36.5
Hip (39-41) (43-45) 38

The chest and waist were taken over clothes (I finally made him drop his pants for an accurate hip- LOL) We are leaving for church shortly.

So which size should I do.. I'm using this pattern
5581.jpg

it has a 5/8" seam allowance- should I do the medium and do all 1/4" seams?

I would do the medium and do the 1/4 seams. But double check the BWL to make sure you aren't making it too short. If it were me, and they had the $1 sale, I'd get both and then pin the pattern fit it to him and see which would be better.

Ok here is Jenna's pink Cindy dress. It will be fuller when she has it on. She has the pink Petti-skirt from Disney that she can wear under the dress.

S2010145.jpg

The picture does not do the dress justice. It is not that dark of a pink in person and it is sitting funny on the hanger.

This is beautiful! I hope we see a picture with her in it. I just bought that $2 fabric at JoAnnes. It's a blend, so I thought it would be harder to wrinkle then plain cotton. I use that fabric for alot of stuff.

I don't have a hancocks anymore, but I'd love this vinyl. You could do bibs. But I'd like to make a stroller tote with it. When you go to the park, security practically waves you through becuase they can see in the bag. It isn't the easiest stuff to work with. You usually have to use tissue paper so it feeds.

Yep i was referencing the Epcot now Small World dress:) I have one of these dresses I bought offf of e bay. It has long ties instead of a button closure or the mitten clip. I like it, but am worried about it coming "undone" and exposing panties or something else. I will have to look for mitten clips. The dress I have is actuall different on all four sides. All of the fabric coordinates, but is different. I'll have to get a pic of it. I like the idea. I rermember Castle Creations did one a while ago with the white Friends around the World fabric. It had the sayings on one side, the faces on the other. I might get brave and try this one.

It was very easy. I bought shorts and top for this same reason. Well, because I thought it was shorter to. But the back peice is the same size as the front. So there is alot of material just hanging there. So unless your child was doing spins, I don't anything much would show until you rehooked it. So Kirsta is testing it out for everyone. :rotfl:

I agree with Steph - you don't need the ebook. I made these bows using the bookmarks.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

The blue/brown bows were my first attempt at bows. The second one I made looks a little better than the first. LOL!! Here's the link I used. For the brown /blue bows I used the loopy surround a bow with the boutique bow. The baseball bows are just stacked boutique bows.

I just don't have the patience to do bows. I wish I did, I think they are great! I don't like little hand work. So no Barbie clothes!!

I am pages behind, but this is Megeara, right? From Hercules.

Yeah!! :cheer2: Another one got it right! I'm so glad everyone can tell. Now to finish it up (the hem will wait until closer when we go) and work on Mulan.

Yep that is where we went. I thought about asking if you were there, but then I didn't know your "real name"! It might seem strange if I asked for "mommyof2princesses"...but then they probably know of your sewing? I don't go that way much because the interstate is real bad between here and there...going from 15 million lanes in Salisbury to 4, peolple can't drive! But, my husband needed new Rockports so I was like yep we need to go...mainly because I wanted to go to your store!:cool1: I need to go back without the kids because I need to buy some stuff to finish off their "Mickey" baskets for WDW. So, maybe I'll see you before we go!

I got off this whole weekend! It has been nice. If you said the mom who sews someone would know! Hope to meet you soon!

th_IMG_0452.jpg

I love it! The colors are pretty.

th_S2010145.jpg

You did a great job! Now we need a pic with her in it! I really want one of these dresses!

My mom made a bag that was fabric on the bottom and at the top and clear vinyl in the middle. It came out great. I asked if she took a pic and she forgot! She did say the vinyl wasn't the easiest material to work with. I saw the disney vinyl and now I want a pool bag...need to save up!

I haven't sewn at all the weekend. Yesterday we window shopped...I think I am going to buy an elliptical. today I don't feel well. Tomorrow I plan on sewin away!

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

You are awesome:worship: :worship: !!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly the info I`have been looking for! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter