Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
47b8db22b3127ccea955f9fdf98300000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955fe42b9a700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Okay, this one isn't done either. I have to put elastic in the sleeves, so they puff up. I don't like the long sleeves, I tried to find something sheer. But not hot. After I did this, I found white eyelet on cotton knit that would have been better. But Kirsta likes it the way it is. The top, I love!! The ruffle around the top is really nice. I bought a white mans tshirt and cut it apart for the top. I also bought pink bike shorts for underneath, but I don't know where they were right now. The problem with this outfit is that her belly is still big and no waist. Mom-mom is crocheting her a pink pirate hat from YCMT. And I think we will try to do BBB for the pirate crown.

47b8db22b3127ccea955fea3387600000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955feab387e00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955fe80b96500000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

I made this for Epcot, but Kirsta wants to wear it to MK becuase of Small World. That works better, becuase she wants a Mulan outfit and she can wear that to the Princess breakfast. I'd like to shorten it, she has bike shorts on. But she likes it more like a jumper. Mom and sister think the outfit is stupid. It's the Anna pattern from Farbenmix. I might try to put her name on the shirt just above the jumper front. The applique, I did a lousy job on. But it's one of the little girls on the fabric. I bought the black eye buttons for the eyes.

The little girl in the picture is my neice Lexi. Notice Kirsta's white bandage on he knee? She spent the afternoon at AI Hospital. She fell this morning. She looked like she needed stitches. The Dr. said she really should have them, but she actually took a huge chunk out of her knee, so there wasn't anything there to stitch. She has prescription cream to use. But she's okay now.

I lied! I forgot one more dress.

47b8db22b3127ccea955e0bfb95500000016100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e0a7b94d00000016100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

This is Lexi's dress for her Bday pictures in June. She'll be 2. The pink bow can be in the front or the back. But I like it in the front. I'll have to show you later when we get her pictures in the dress.

my machine is a regular sewing machine (euro pro shark)

when you do embrodery do you remove the presser foot and lower the feed dogs?:confused3

Do you use the embrodery hoop?

Thanks
Linnette

Do you mean for the decorative stitches? I just use the regular foot. My machine tells me which foot to use. When you remove the pressure foot and lower the feed dog, that is stippling for quilting. So you can move the fabric around anyway you need. For that I don't use a hoop either, but I guess you could. I've thought of trying to use one when I applique.

I love it! Megara! She's one of my favorite characters. Hercules is one of my favorite pictures!

Oh thank you! Everyone was scaring me!! I still have to put the buttons on it, and a purple ribbon on the front. And of course hook the hip sash on so she won't have to hold it like in the picture. My 3 yo nephew is going to Herc. But in a store bought outfit. I'm taking the arms off tho', because I think it would be too hot. My BIL wants to be Hades. I have the stuff but I haven't worked on it yet. And my sister and I are going to be Pain and Panic. I have tshirts and someone on the creative boards made me a picture of them, and I ironed them on the shirts. And bought matching "horns". Do we need tails? :rotfl:

Oh thank you! Everyone was scaring me!! I still have to put the buttons on it, and a purple ribbon on the front. And of course hook the hip sash on so she won't have to hold it like in the picture. My 3 yo nephew is going to Herc. But in a store bought outfit. I'm taking the arms off tho', because I think it would be too hot. My BIL wants to be Hades. I have the stuff but I haven't worked on it yet. And my sister and I are going to be Pain and Panic. I have tshirts and someone on the creative boards made me a picture of them, and I ironed them on the shirts. And bought matching "horns". Do we need tails? :rotfl:

I LOVE Panic and Pain! I have the little Disney beanies on my desk. They so usually reflect my day. When I was working, before kid, I always had them on my desk, but usually no one got it. Ah well.

Please post pictures of all of you together! I'd love to see them.

We're doing the Pirate and Princess Party on June 4, I'm cheating though, I do renaissance faires and pirate re-enacting so I'm just wearing my own stuff. I'm going to make a pirate minnie outfit for DD but I have a feeling she'll be wearing a princess dress. I'm just hoping I can make it through the night in a steel boned bodice.

I LOVE Panic and Pain! I have the little Disney beanies on my desk. They so usually reflect my day. When I was working, before kid, I always had them on my desk, but usually no one got it. Ah well.

Please post pictures of all of you together! I'd love to see them.

We're doing the Pirate and Princess Party on June 4, I'm cheating though, I do renaissance faires and pirate re-enacting so I'm just wearing my own stuff. I'm going to make a pirate minnie outfit for DD but I have a feeling she'll be wearing a princess dress. I'm just hoping I can make it through the night in a steel boned bodice.

I like Michael Bolton! :goodvibes So that is how I started liking Herc. We wanted to go to the MNSSHP as a theme, and BIL always has to be a villian and Kirsta always had a thing for Meg. We hope to have a great time. And we will be sure to get pictures.

I love this dress. Those colors are just too pretty. Your DD has the prettiest smile.
I think it looks really cute.

I don't know about everyone else, but I just got back into town from my sister's college graduation and let me say I love my family, but I have had enough for a while. :mad: My father and sister are like oil and water, fight constantly. My sister is "high maintaince" irf you konw what I mean, and my parents tend to let DD do whatever she wants so I have a hard time with her when they are around. It just seems like they undermine me every time I try to make her behave:sad2: Anyway, sorry for ranting, but I just had to get it out somewhere!!!
yeah that's how my family is too. I have an aunt that I can only handle in very small doses. She has this way of saying things that makes everything into an insult. :mad:

I love this version of the HSM shirt. It is too cute and so is your DD.

47b8db22b3127ccea955e096384c00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e082385800000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

It's not finished. But can you tell who it's supposed to be so far?
I knew who that was when I saw the pic I just couldn't place the name because I never saw the entire movie. Very pretty.

I love your pink Cindy dress. Jenna's Pink Cindy dress is almost finished. I just have to attach the bodice to the skirt. I like the big bows. That is how Cinderella's dress is in the movie. That's how I did Jenna's dress too.

This dress is cute too. You have been busy.

More cute stuff.

That is cute! We love Cinderella around here!

That turned out great! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

Here is my pink Cindy dress. I still have a couple of things to do. I want to tack the bows a little more, so they won't "spin" some. My Mother thinks the bows should be smaller, but I'm not about to change them at this point. And the white sleeves are loose, but I wanted to wait until closer to we leave to take them in, for growing room. I bought pink sparkle shoes for her wear with it.

I love everything, but the pink Cinderella is my favorite! You all are convincing me that Lily needs one!

Precious clothes y'all. I decided to schedule a trip:May 29-June 5. Anybody going then? My daughter is 14, so no one to sew for but I'll keep my eyes open for DIS boutique clothes.

This sounds like a GREAT idea! I'm not a quilter, but if I were going to guess, I would think 6x6 squares? And how cute would it be to take pics of your child with each character getting the autograph, and print those on to fabric as well? That would be really, really awesome!

I had the characters sign on fabric blocks for a family disney quilt and it's not done but it will be great, I think. The size of the blocks will depend on you and what you want for your quilt. I think if you do squares that are 6 1/2" square, you'll have the flexability to add whatever else you like to them. The extra 1/2" is your seam allowance so your finished squares of your quilt will be 6". I just used fabric markers on my fabric and had the characters sign directly on to each piece. Just be sure to bring a small clipboard so there is something to sign against.

I had that size in my mind too - I just wasn't sure if they would be big enough for signatures. Great idea about the photos!!!

47b8db22b3127ccea955e175f90700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e17df90f00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e162782000000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Here is my pink Cindy dress. I still have a couple of things to do. I want to tack the bows a little more, so they won't "spin" some. My Mother thinks the bows should be smaller, but I'm not about to change them at this point. And the white sleeves are loose, but I wanted to wait until closer to we leave to take them in, for growing room. I bought pink sparkle shoes for her wear with it.

I love the big bows!!

my machine is a regular sewing machine (euro pro shark)

when you do embrodery do you remove the presser foot and lower the feed dogs?:confused3

Do you use the embrodery hoop?

Thanks
Linnette

I do this for free hand quilting. I don't use a hoop though.

Phew...made it! :goodvibes
Took me a while to catch up and over!
Okay - went to the Disney store last night and a very nice girl went and got a petti from the back for me. Showed it to DD9 and she said no! :headache: ...is she already too old! NOOOO!!!! So, I was so upset! I really wanted her to like it! Oh well...is 37 too old for one?:lmao:

oh well....

Did you go to Concord mills? That is my store! The only reason they know they have pettiskirts is because I found them and unboxed them! Sorry she didn't like it. Have to say they are a pain in a carseat!

Wow- where is everybody today?
Well, I ripped out those double lines of gathering threads, thinking my zig zag attempt would be a bust.

Well let me tell you....
the cording and zig zag trick worked miracles!!!!!

On a good note- DD is learning/figuring out how to twirl a dress skirt for the very first time!

back-virtually the same as the front.

Glad the zig zag worked! And you did a great job on the dress! I love the ruffles at the bottom!

I've been lurking since Jan and am a long time sewer, but had been in a lull. You guys got my creative juices flowing- and made me buy a serger. And restock my stash. And buy Ottobre. And buy Farbenmix patterns......This is a very expensive place to hang out. My DD6 checks out the new posts daily with me and has been bugging me to put her pic here. She loves looking at the other kids and knows them by name. We have also had to do the sock curls for 10 nights in a row.

It took me a while to figure out how to post, but here she is in a CASED HSM top. No sock curls today.

th_IMG_1468.jpg

th_IMG_1471.jpg
th_IMG_1467.jpg

th_IMG_1464.jpg

th_IMG_1466.jpg

I love the way you did the top. All the ruffles really make it look great!

Love it! Jasmine?

47b8db22b3127ccea955e175f90700000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e17df90f00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955e162782000000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

I LOVE IT! You did a great job!

Okay, this one isn't done either. I have to put elastic in the sleeves, so they puff up. I don't like the long sleeves, I tried to find something sheer. But not hot. After I did this, I found white eyelet on cotton knit that would have been better. But Kirsta likes it the way it is. The top, I love!! The ruffle around the top is really nice. I bought a white mans tshirt and cut it apart for the top. I also bought pink bike shorts for underneath, but I don't know where they were right now. The problem with this outfit is that her belly is still big and no waist. Mom-mom is crocheting her a pink pirate hat from YCMT. And I think we will try to do BBB for the pirate crown.

47b8db22b3127ccea955fea3387600000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955feab387e00000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b8db22b3127ccea955fe80b96500000015110AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

I made this for Epcot, but Kirsta wants to wear it to MK becuase of Small World. That works better, becuase she wants a Mulan outfit and she can wear that to the Princess breakfast. I'd like to shorten it, she has bike shorts on. But she likes it more like a jumper. Mom and sister think the outfit is stupid. It's the Anna pattern from Farbenmix. I might try to put her name on the shirt just above the jumper front. The applique, I did a lousy job on. But it's one of the little girls on the fabric. I bought the black eye buttons for the eyes.

The little girl in the picture is my neice Lexi. Notice Kirsta's white bandage on he knee? She spent the afternoon at AI Hospital. She fell this morning. She looked like she needed stitches. The Dr. said she really should have them, but she actually took a huge chunk out of her knee, so there wasn't anything there to stitch. She has prescription cream to use. But she's okay now.

This is Lexi's dress for her Bday pictures in June. She'll be 2. The pink bow can be in the front or the back. But I like it in the front. I'll have to show you later when we get her pictures in the dress.

You do great work! I love all your creations!

Did you go to Concord mills? That is my store! The only reason they know they have pettiskirts is because I found them and unboxed them! Sorry she didn't like it. Have to say they are a pain in a carseat!

Yep that is where we went. I thought about asking if you were there, but then I didn't know your "real name"! It might seem strange if I asked for "mommyof2princesses"...but then they probably know of your sewing? I don't go that way much because the interstate is real bad between here and there...going from 15 million lanes in Salisbury to 4, peolple can't drive! But, my husband needed new Rockports so I was like yep we need to go...mainly because I wanted to go to your store!:cool1: I need to go back without the kids because I need to buy some stuff to finish off their "Mickey" baskets for WDW. So, maybe I'll see you before we go!

I'm so glad you found something that worked for you. It's funny, I had to try several different ways to ruffle before I found the way I do it. That's what's great about here, you will always get a variety of opinions.

I love the dress, I don't think it looks handmade at all. And all girls need to learn how to twirl, lol!

I don't know about everyone else, but I just got back into town from my sister's college graduation and let me say I love my family, but I have had enough for a while. :mad: My father and sister are like oil and water, fight constantly. My sister is "high maintaince" irf you konw what I mean, and my parents tend to let DD do whatever she wants so I have a hard time with her when they are around. It just seems like they undermine me every time I try to make her behave:sad2: Anyway, sorry for ranting, but I just had to get it out somewhere!!!

My kids are the same way when my parents come over. They behavior just gets continually worse and when I try to discipline my mother will tell me in front of them to stop being mean to them! :headache: I can live with it because I am thankful that they can visit, but it is a tough couple of days after they leave, reprogramming them!

The fighting would really wear me down though, sorry about your dad and sister. :hug:

Phew...made it! :goodvibes
Took me a while to catch up and over!
Okay - went to the Disney store last night and a very nice girl went and got a petti from the back for me. Showed it to DD9 and she said no! :headache: ...is she already too old! NOOOO!!!! So, I was so upset! I really wanted her to like it! Oh well...is 37 too old for one?:lmao:

oh well....

I did get my DS4 a Perry the platypus shirt which he was thrilled about...he pretends to be Perry all of the time and nobody knows who that is...now he can just point to his shirt. Which brings me to...the doctor told me yesterday that he thinks he needs to be evaluated for ADHD...at 4? He should have seen him a year ago! The kid has really calmed down. This is the first time this doctor has seen him and this is after he has had us waiting in a room for 45 mins!!! Anybody would be bored! I WAS!!! Kinda made me mad...don't get me wrong...I know my kid is wired...he pushes me some days...but how can he say anything after one visit!:headache:

Aw, sorry about your daughter. I have been looking at crafster for older girl things to sew in preparation for Megan telling me what I am doing is not cool. I definitely think 37 is not too old for a pettiskirt!

We love Perry the platypus shirt too! Who can resist a secret agent platypus?

Wow, I love all the double edge ruffles! It's so beautiful, with that pretty fabric on the top, it really dresses it up. Thanks for posting, I am CASEing that for sure!

Megan just walked by and said, "Meg!" so I think you're ok! It looks great so far.

Megan said (she has lots of opinions this morning) that it also looks like Giselle's dress so if you wanted to change you could take off the bows and put flowers in your hair and be Giselle later. Isn't she clever?

I don't think the bows are too big, it really is cute!

Cute pirate dress! I love the sleeves, but I could see how they would hot and annoying. They are so cute though!

Megan calls her outfit like this her small world outfit, even though she has only worn it in Epcot. I think it would work for either one. From here your appliqué looks great!

Wow, how scary about her knee! I hope it heals quickly.

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/hair-accessories/How-to-Make-Boutique-Hair-Bows-Manual.htm Has anyone bought this yet? Wondering if it is worth buying? I am trying to find something to guide me through making bows lol.

I don't know, there are so many free sites in Teresa's links, I don't know if I would spend that amount. I think the thing is, it takes a lot of practice, and unfortunately you can't buy that for $30. I would check out the free sites first, some are really detailed.

Sally, honey, you really outdid yoself!!!!

The Cindy dress is adorable!
The little blue Cinderella dress- what pattern is that? Was it complicated? How long did it take you? Im very interested! I have some princess fabric I plan to cut into today....

Question- CarlaC's A-line- has anyone tried adding a bottom accent? I have some small white eyelet lace I was thinking of trying to sew right in when I sew the bottom closed- has anyone done this?

Oh- DH wanted me to make sure you all knew that DD is NOT sitting on a potty in the pictures, that its a little step stool.
He was too funny yesterday, asking DD to twirl. I think next time I make that I'll do the next size down, I went up in size because I thought hte bodice would be too snug, but I was wrong. I didnt want her to out grow it too fast.

Oh! Oh! LOOK at my ticker!! We are under a month!!!
I really wish we were going for more than 5 days, seems like such a short trip as it gets closer...
I didnt coordinate what outfit to wear to what park.
1. Mickey Mouse with yellow ruffle and capri
2. Winnie the Pooh peasant dress
3. Little Mermaid top and easy fit shorts
Non-Disney
4. Dolphin A-line go-go length dress
5. A-line top with paisley/party color print and easy fit capri pants
Not made by me-
Minnie Dot A-line dress with embroidered girl- who we voted should be left with straight hair (Thank you!)

Well, DD often wears more than one outfit a day, since it gets so hot, we put something fresh on after her nap, so I can rationalize sewing more Disney outfits. ;)

I know what pattern you used for this one. I bought the same pattern and the outfit was almost a disaster. I have to say, you did a better job out of it than I did. I just might try it again. :rotfl:

Now that I'm finally done sewing for the masses...:rotfl: it's time for me to sew for our trip. so the list is....Parrot Cay, Toy Story, Nassau, Boarding outfit, Pirate Night, and Animators palate...
Then, Epcot, MGM, AK, Liberty Tree, MNSSHP costumes, and maybe..an outfit for disembarkation ...most likely pop century, since that's where we're going.
I should have these "whipped up" in the next hour or so...:lmao: :lmao:
Anyone wanna help...:rotfl:

I know what pattern you used for this one. I bought the same pattern and the outfit was almost a disaster. I have to say, you did a better job out of it than I did. I just might try it again. :rotfl:

Thanks. I love the dress part. I think I'd like the corset better, if I made the body shorter, and made a larger size. I was thinking if it got too hot, we could take it off. But now I'm kind of wishing I made the dress in the skulls and the underskirt in the dots. Oh well, live and learn. I'm not about to redo it. The dress part is really adorable.

Sally, honey, you really outdid yoself!!!!

The Cindy dress is adorable!
The little blue Cinderella dress- what pattern is that? Was it complicated? How long did it take you? Im very interested! I have some princess fabric I plan to cut into today....

Well, DD often wears more than one outfit a day, since it gets so hot, we put something fresh on after her nap, so I can rationalize sewing more Disney outfits. ;)

Thank you, I like to sew for the kids. I don't seem to do well for myself. The Little Cindy dress is pattern Butterick 4715. I wanted to use the model with ties at the shoulders, but I didn't have enough material. And the bow came from another pattern, but I can't find where I put it. It's a cute pattern, it also has a little jacket with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter