Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Here are a couple of outfits that I made this week. I am very excited about them because both of the designs were things that I digitized myself. I have figured out how to work the digitizing program and I am now really enjoying it! I have another outfit with a design that I made but it is only half finished.
P1270133.jpg

P1270134.jpg

P1270129.jpg

P1270131.jpg

I also did this outfit for a recent Big Give. The family has already received this so I can share it now. It is just like one that I made for my niece but her shirt was long sleeved.
P1180118.jpg

P1180119.jpg

This is the outfit that I made for the little boy in the Give family:
P1180116.jpg

P1180117.jpg

Here are a couple of outfits that I made this week. I am very excited about them because both of the designs were things that I digitized myself. I have figured out how to work the digitizing program and I am now really enjoying it! I have another outfit with a design that I made but it is only half finished.
P1270133.jpg

P1270134.jpg

P1270129.jpg

P1270131.jpg

I also did this outfit for a recent Big Give. The family has already received this so I can share it now. It is just like one that I made for my niece but her shirt was long sleeved.
P1180118.jpg

P1180119.jpg

P1180116.jpg

P1180117.jpg

I loved the winking Mickey design, very very cute.

Love the fabrics and prints in the Donald Dress....and the Gives are just precious...

This is my first time joining a message board, but your beautiful designs have inspired me. I still have to figure out the signature line and everything else....

In the meantime, my daughter is very sick and suffers from kidney disease. She just had surgery (her fourth) and has another planned for mid-Feb. We promised her a Disney trip in May to give her something positive to focus on. I'd like to make it extra special with some customized outfits / accessories for the trip, but have no idea where to start. I'm a quilter.... can anyone give me pointers on an easy project to start with? She loves Ariel and Minnie Mouse and loves to dress up. I have a Husky Embroidery machine and lots of accessories, just not very creative when it comes to clothing.

I've been keeping a sewing journal too....basically documenting DD 22 outfits for our Aug trip in detail including sketches, details on trims and embellishments, requested embroidery designs....been researching how to redraft and upsize patterns too....need to start on her muslins next week...BUT i have to finalize our Aug plans cause my ADR window is next Thrusday.....

I can't wait to see what you make!

I have a feeling that I will be having a bit more time to post on here for the next couple of weeks. My machine died, and I had wanted to get the Singer Futura XL400 from HSN...but they sold out.

So, I get to brave the Atlanta traffic to take my machine in for servicing. I am hoping that it can be fixed, but I seriously doubt it! Don't you know ....as soon as the business starts taking off...I loose my machine!

Nini

Sorry to hear about your machine. Good luck in traffic and hopefully it could be fixed.

Ok...Photobucket we fought and I won now cough up the pictures.....

Here's what I've been working on as promised.....

DD Valentines Skirt Front - my first time doing applique. The hearts are a little wonking but DD loved them anyway:hug:

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012373.jpg

Back

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012372.jpg

I plan to add fabric panels to the sides of a "like new" pink T Shirt and applique some hearts on the front as well....

Gifts for my neighbors new baby....still need to add the buttons but you get the idea. It's reversable....

Front side A

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012376.jpg

Peak A boo to Side B
th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012378.jpg

Back

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012377.jpg

With matching Diaper cover

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012379-1.jpg

Sorry the pictures are all twisted I edited them but Photobucket is made at me right now....:rotfl2:

Very cute skirt. I can't tell that was your first time doing appliques! That is a beautiful baby gift!

I have an idea for a set of matching shirts for my upcoming trip, but I think it will be too much to embroider. So, I'm thinking of using iron-on tranfer paper. Does anyone have a brand they recommend? Thank you!

I don't have an answer but you may get better luck over at the DISign (?) or the creative community area (Scroll down on the main forum page).

th_P1270133.jpg
th_P1270134.jpg

th_P1270129.jpg
th_P1270131.jpg

th_P1180118.jpg
th_P1180119.jpg

th_P1180116.jpg
th_P1180117.jpg

Great job on the designs and the outfits! Thank you for making the Give family feel extra special!

This is my first time joining a message board, but your beautiful designs have inspired me. I still have to figure out the signature line and everything else....

In the meantime, my daughter is very sick and suffers from kidney disease. She just had surgery (her fourth) and has another planned for mid-Feb. We promised her a Disney trip in May to give her something positive to focus on. I'd like to make it extra special with some customized outfits / accessories for the trip, but have no idea where to start. I'm a quilter.... can anyone give me pointers on an easy project to start with? She loves Ariel and Minnie Mouse and loves to dress up. I have a Husky Embroidery machine and lots of accessories, just not very creative when it comes to clothing.

Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your daughter's sickness and her treatments. If you are a quilter, it won't be hard to do clothing at all. I do a mixture of dressmaking and quilting. Depending on your daughter's age, you could do pillowcase dresses and patchwork twirls (lots of free tutorials out there). Easy Fits and Stripwork jumpers, which are available from youcanmakethis.com are good easy choices too. I have done a Minnie Mouse dress using the Precious Dress pattern as well. Oh and if you have an embroidery machine, you may want to consider looking at doing appliques. I highly recommend Heather's machine applique files. You can find the information on froufroubyheathersue.com. Please feel free to come by and ask questions. We also like to see pictures of finished products too!

Way TMTQ... I fell way behind in the last week... :rolleyes1

First... tinkerbell3747 I love how your Valentines skirt turned out - it's adorable!!! And I love the little baby outfit too - so cute!

th_P1270133.jpg

th_P1270134.jpg

th_P1270129.jpg

th_P1270131.jpg

th_P1180118.jpg

th_P1180119.jpg

th_P1180116.jpg

th_P1180117.jpg

I love the items you digitized! You did a great job - I especially :lovestruc Donald!!! And I really like the items you did for the BG!!! Awesome!

Welcome!! Most everyone here will highly recommend any pattern by Carla C at www.youcanmakethis.com Carla C's patterns are the best, and you learn so much from them. Super easy to download and print out! :) Also, since you have an embroidery machine - I'll 2nd Heather Sue's embroidery designs... Even though I don't have an embroidery machine - I have never once heard a bad thing about her designs. There are other good digitizers out there, but since I don't have an embroidery machine, I don't follow that stuff too closely. Most of all - have fun with whatever you choose to make for your trip! :)

D~

i so need to go back and quote the thread but wanted to say there is so much cuteness being posted.

I finished the order I had so that is going postal tomorrow.

I really need to get more focused on what I need to do for our April trip otherwise the kids won't have anything to wear.

I am having a difficult time finding fabric I like for J.

For C I am trying to use some of what I have here before buying more.

This is the last outfit I'm going to make before our trip in .....15 days! :cool1:

417452_10150716087755828_715130827_12185122_1533467806_n.jpg

I am going to adjust the button placement so that it fits higher on her.

Love all the outfits. Great job on the digitizing. They look fabulous!:thumbsup2 Will you be selling your designs?
Thanks! I am hoping to eventually be able to sell some of my designs. Once I have several designs that I've made, then I will decide what I am going to do. I am working on another dress with a design that I made this morning. It is so much fun!

Sorry to hear about your daughters. When I was sick, my husband took me and our kids to Disney. It was such a relief to get get away from everything related to being sick and to just have fun. You'll have a great time on your trip in May!

Since you are a quilter it should be easy for you to make some fun Disney stuff. Of course it depends on how old your daughter is as to what she will want to wear. Youcanmakethis.com is a great place to get some good dress patterns. I like the Simply Sweet and the Easy Fit pants the best. You can change them up in a million ways so that you'd never know that you used the same patterns to make many different things. The two outfits that I posted earlier tonight were both made from those two patterns. I did the Mickey halter top with the shorts and the Donald Duck dress. Also, CarlaC (the scientific seamstress) has a section on her blog that tells how to make the Simply Sweet into a princess dress. It's great to be able to do that for Disney because you can make little girls some pretty princess dresses without them being hot and itchy like the store bought dresses.

I love the items you digitized! You did a great job - I especially :lovestruc Donald!!! And I really like the items you did for the BG!!! Awesome!
D~
Thanks! I wanted a happy Donald. So often he looks mad or grumpy (which I guess is part of his personality.)

D, you got me blushing over here. Thanks so much!

I am suppose to head to a Business meeting in the morning but i'll come back tomorrow and catch up with everyone else.....

Wow! The Carla C. patterns are awesome and look like they'll be easy to follow. I think I'll start with a skirt and embroidered shirt, maybe a hat to match. Thank you for the suggestions! My daughter is 7 and loves Ariel and Jessie. I think I'll start with one outfit and if it goes well, I'll try to make one for every park.

I'm off to find Disney material tomorrow.... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in Canada, and Fabricland only seems to have a Mickey transportation print.

Ok...Photobucket we fought and I won now cough up the pictures.....

Here's what I've been working on as promised.....

DD Valentines Skirt Front - my first time doing applique. The hearts are a little wonking but DD loved them anyway:hug:

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012373.jpg

Gifts for my neighbors new baby....still need to add the buttons but you get the idea. It's reversable....

Front side A

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012376.jpg

Sorry the pictures are all twisted I edited them but Photobucket is made at me right now....:rotfl2:

Nice job on everything! I haven't been brave enough to try hand-applique yet! I'm getting inspired by all the new folks who are doing it so well!

th_P1270133.jpg

th_P1270129.jpg

Wow! That's impressive digitizing first time out! Love both outfits, too!

This is the last outfit I'm going to make before our trip in .....15 days! :cool1:

That is super, super cute! I love stripwork!

Wow! The Carla C. patterns are awesome and look like they'll be easy to follow. I think I'll start with a skirt and embroidered shirt, maybe a hat to match. Thank you for the suggestions! My daughter is 7 and loves Ariel and Jessie. I think I'll start with one outfit and if it goes well, I'll try to make one for every park.

I'm off to find Disney material tomorrow.... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in Canada, and Fabricland only seems to have a Mickey transportation print.

I missed your first post, but wanted to say welcome and good luck with everything!

I saw so many great licensed fabrics and JoAnn's today, but I restrained myself even though it was all 40% off. Walking away from the Star Wars ships was HARD!

Regards,
C.

I was wondering why I couldn't find sewing buddies in arts & crafts, You are all over here!!!!
Hello everyone!
And now I have a question,
In the disBoutique photobucket i found a pic of something I would like to know how it was done. Can anyone tell me how or steer me in the direction of how to make the lower back part of this dress. I am not sure what it is called, but the back part that looks bunched up that sits in the lower back. Thanks in advance.
And so glad to find this thread! When I get an extra sc I will browse the 160 some pages, and the past threads ;)

http://gs244.photobucket.com/groups/gg36/Z2DYWCPOQ/?action=view&current=2008_03230005.jpg

Beautiful! I like the fabric and colour combinations!

Where are you in Canada? I have seen quite a few Disney prints (mostly Pooh and princesses though) from my local Fabricland. My understanding is that Fabricland West, Fabricland, and Fabricville are different entities so what they have in store may vary across the country. I have quite a few Ariel prints I collected over the last couple of years so I know they exist here!

I was wondering why I couldn't find sewing buddies in arts & crafts, You are all over here!!!!
Hello everyone!
And now I have a question,
In the disBoutique photobucket i found a pic of something I would like to know how it was done. Can anyone tell me how or steer me in the direction of how to make the lower back part of this dress. I am not sure what it is called, but the back part that looks bunched up that sits in the lower back. Thanks in advance.
And so glad to find this thread! When I get an extra sc I will browse the 160 some pages, and the past threads ;)

http://gs244.photobucket.com/groups/gg36/Z2DYWCPOQ/?action=view&current=2008_03230005.jpg

Oh that's shirring. I haven't done it myself but there are lots of tutorials on how to do it. I know a number of people on here have done quite a few dresses with the shirred back/top and they look beautiful! I am sure they can help you through it.

Oh and by the way, welcome!

well as many of you know my dd Brendi and her hubs david are expecting a baby girl in July,well they fianlly have her name set in stone....'Liberty Elayna' ....Libby for short,but i will call her Liberty mostly because i think it is too too cute! I also think she should come home in stars and stripes but her Daddy says NO! hehe ....he
s so funny,he's picked out bottles,paci's,clothes,crib....he is truely enjoying being Daddy! Brendi has asked me to make the bedding for Miss Liberty! she is doing a Minnie Head theme...here is a picture from Pinterest,hope it's ok to share...
396233_10150511760711586_555471585_9086280_1778784498_n.jpg

she doesn';t want the bumper just the quilt and i will do some sheets maybe...and we will make other stuff to match...i am hoping we can do the tutu bedskirt that is becoming so popular...pink and back would be so pretty with the quilt...i've not sewn a quilt yet so wish me luck..
I'm off to see what you all have been up to..not sewn in a while but Brendi bought a bunch of knee socks and wants me to make some of the 'baby legs' that are all the rage...gonna get dollar tree socks to work with 1st....we have had fun buying baby girl things this week both at the thrift store and wally world { 5 pairs of plaid NB shorts for $1 each!} and 2 long sleeved shirts for fall/winter for $1.50 at target! they are also looking at buying or renting a bigger place,they will need 4 bedrooms since Elli will be 10 and Blaze 8 when Liberty gets here so she and Elli can't share...they'd keep each other up all night...lol so lots of changes going on in my crazy world...hope to have something to share sewing wise soon....~Beth~

Thank you!!! Now I have a name for it, I bet I can find a youtube video on it ;)
And if anyone does have helpful tips on it, I could use all I can get. I have only been sewing for a few months. This seems like it might be hard for a newbie, but I like a challenge.
Thank you again :D

I can't figure out how to quote.... but some quick answers:

We're in Burlington (between Niagara Falls and Toronto). I've tried all of our local Fabricland stores, but can only find the transportation Mickey print - I used it to make some pillowcases for Christmas. My sister works for Joann's at their office, but they don't have any actual stores in Canada! I'm going to try for the Lens Mill Outlet, but it's a bit of a drive. Walmart doesn't sell fabric in my area anymore.

So I finally finished the outfit I was making for my DD for DAK. I made one similar for someone else with a green bow on the Mickey head, but my DD wanted to have a crown on the mickey head. I couldn't find a piture I liked to copy, so I looked at pics to get an idea what it looked like and free handed it. I think it came out pretty good.

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

It's a little big because our trip is not until next year.
One more to finish up tomarrow.:thumbsup2

That's really cute, Corrine! I love the crown! It looks like Sleeping Beauty's. Your little princess looks like her big brother, doesn't she? Sometimes I wish my daughter was that age again. She's 19 and in her first year of college now. Enjoy yours while they're little because it goes by way too fast.

Did you get my PM a week or two ago about the suitcase at the Disney Store? I hoped you did since the one I put on hold for you was gone the next time I worked. By the way, our clearance stuff is as extra 25% off again this weekend. Maybe you can find a few more things that will come in handy.

Type atcha later!

Lori in East Podunk

I don't know how you feel about ordering fabric but Fabric.com usually has a good selection of Disney prints.

Thank you!!! Now I have a name for it, I bet I can find a youtube video on it ;)
And if anyone does have helpful tips on it, I could use all I can get. I have only been sewing for a few months. This seems like it might be hard for a newbie, but I like a challenge.
Thank you again :D
I used a youtube video to learn how to do the shirring. It was pretty easy once I watched a couple of the videos. I used some scrap fabric first to play around with and then made a dress with a shirred back. The big thing is to keep your lines of sewing straight so that the shirring doesn't go all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter