Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

It's a little big because our trip is not until next year.
One more to finish up tomarrow.:thumbsup2

Nice job! I think it looks great. Fabulous outfit!

So I finally finished the outfit I was making for my DD for DAK. I made one similar for someone else with a green bow on the Mickey head, but my DD wanted to have a crown on the mickey head. I couldn't find a piture I liked to copy, so I looked at pics to get an idea what it looked like and free handed it. I think it came out pretty good.

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

This is absolutely fabulous. I totally love it.

Joci wanted a real Aurora dress. So "we" made it Blue!
382937_2405857558791_1621711716_2423510_503563037_n.jpg

I made a bunch of ITH wristlets for Christmas presents - these are just an example.
378791_361767340505550_163938963621723_1691624_1630064310_n.jpg

Here is a new dress I made Evangeline - lots of twirl!
301187_299747676707517_163938963621723_1467380_1088150924_n.jpg

I wish I had a good pic of their AK outfits all together
314446_305974932751458_163938963621723_1492095_764851949_n.jpg
299497_305929399422678_163938963621723_1491941_988715094_n.jpg
Sorry to hear about your ACL. I am sure that was very painful! I love all the outfits. The Aurora dress is wonderful and the AK outfits are great!

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

That turned out great! I love the colors that you used and the animal print Minnie with the crown is really cute!

RubberDuckey - could you please tell me if you used a pattern for your beautiful Aurora dress?
It's perfect!
Thanks.

It looks like Simplicity 9384. It's an older pattern that is out of print, thus people trying to sell them online for $30 or more. If you look for the pattern, I would suggest you look at your local fabric store first. I found mine recently at JoAnn's for less than $10. It's worth a look!

I did my two shirts for the day first and then the carrot cake. I barely got it done in time -- I forgot how long it takes to grate 3 cups of carrots by hand. I don't have a good food processor but our blender does have a little attachment and next time I'm trying them in there. DS gets a carrot cake every year for his birthday -- it's his favorite. However, he's getting a box mix yellow cake for his sleepover party (he hates chocolate).

Making a carrot cake is on my to-try list. I am making a banana cake for guests this weekend. Your DS is one of the few people I know who doesn't like chocolate.

So Lorelei has decided that we need to be Tinkerbell and clan for MNSSHP. So here is my dilemma..she will be Tinkerbell her dad will be John Darling (ez enough costume to make) but she wants me to be Wendy. Do you think the Jamie will work for that kind of costume if I just make it longer? If not what pattern do you think could make it work?
Im cheating on Tink...gonna get a bright green tutu and then embroider a shirt with Tink on it :) and then get some wings.

I second Mary's suggestion on the Meghan peasant. That pattern is even easier than the Jamie!

Hi! I was searching around the internet for inspiration and I found your board!

I am new to my sewing/embroidery machine (Brother SE400) but I can convinced that I'm going to successfully make outfits for my 17-mo old son when I take him to WDW for the first time in March. You all have been such an inspiration!

I was lurking and found some amazing bags that DMGeurts made. Does anyone know how much she charges for them?

Also, how I can volunteer to help with the Wish clothes?

Thanks! Nice to meet all of you!

I think Andrea answered your questions so I will just say welcome!

Hello Everyone! It has been a while since I have been on here. I am on the Facebook group though. It has been busy here between me tearing my ACL in Oct, our family trip in November, and havig the ACL repaired at the end of December. I have been doing some sewing in that time and some digitizing. Including listing a bunch of stuff in my shop. I will be going back to work soon so that will impact my sewing time. I haven't caught up on any of the thread yet but thought I would post a few pictures of a couple things I have made.
Joci wanted a real Aurora dress. So "we" made it Blue!
382937_2405857558791_1621711716_2423510_503563037_n.jpg

I made a bunch of ITH wristlets for Christmas presents - these are just an example.
378791_361767340505550_163938963621723_1691624_1630064310_n.jpg

Here is a new dress I made Evangeline - lots of twirl!
301187_299747676707517_163938963621723_1467380_1088150924_n.jpg

I wish I had a good pic of their AK outfits all together
314446_305974932751458_163938963621723_1492095_764851949_n.jpg

299497_305929399422678_163938963621723_1491941_988715094_n.jpg

Welcome back! I am sorry to hear about your injury. I hope the rehab is going well. The dresses and the wristlets look great!

Wow, TMTQ individually again. See what happens when you don't check the thread for a couple of days! Too busy watching embroidery machine how to videos. Good thing too because it came today!!! :banana::banana::banana: I'm heading upstairs to unpack it now. Can't wait to start it up. I have to run out later and get some stuff since I wasn't planning a fabric store trip until the weekend because they said it wouldn't be here until next week. Yay for fast shipping!

Congrats on your new machine! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Ladies I am a real lurker on this board and I just have to say what beautiful things you make. I have serious sewing envy!

Well, all you have to do is to start sewing to cure your sewing envy!

So I finally finished the outfit I was making for my DD for DAK. I made one similar for someone else with a green bow on the Mickey head, but my DD wanted to have a crown on the mickey head. I couldn't find a piture I liked to copy, so I looked at pics to get an idea what it looked like and free handed it. I think it came out pretty good.

th_008-6.jpg
th_009-6.jpg
th_011-3.jpg

Great job! I really like the combo you chose for the Mickey head and the crown.

Hi Everybody....Been busy at the sewing machine lately so I hadn't been checking in.....

TMTQ and I am being lazy now....but I love love love looking at all of your work ....

Tomorrow I will post what I have been working on. Wanted to do it tonight but I can't find the cord for the camera now...ugh.

I finished DD Audrey Ruffle for Valentines day....I am going to repurpose a "like new" T-Shirt to go with (shirts not done yet though)

Finished my baby gift for my neighbor, will give it to her tomorrow after work I need to pick up a couple of buttons....

I've been keeping a sewing journal too....basically documenting DD 22 outfits for our Aug trip in detail including sketches, details on trims and embellishments, requested embroidery designs....been researching how to redraft and upsize patterns too....need to start on her muslins next week...BUT i have to finalize our Aug plans cause my ADR window is next Thrusday.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I have machine envy Tinkbell13....congrats!!!!!

I CALL NEXT! :rotfl2:

Will you also take all the projects I am supposted to make with it and get them done?:thumbsup2

Sure - whatcha got on that list? :thumbsup2

I don't have an upcoming trip planned . . . so as long as I can get a few Big Gives here and there, why not :confused3

Congrats on the new machine!!!

I have another Singer vintage machine I bought for $10 that if I don't get to work restoring it soon, I think D~ might come take possession of and cite neglect on my part :rolleyes1 I swear I'm going to start working on it - right after I finish the BG project and the Star Wars pants I've promised the boys . . . . hmm, maybe I should just put it off a little longer, then I'd get a visit from D~ at least :woohoo: If only I could convince DH to take a long weekend from work, I'd fly the machine and myself to visit D~ . . . she did promise me an introduction to Patience at some point in time. . . :rolleyes1

TMTQ...

Lots and lots of beautiful stuff. I have a feeling that I will be having a bit more time to post on here for the next couple of weeks. My machine died, and I had wanted to get the Singer Futura XL400 from HSN...but they sold out.

So, I get to brave the Atlanta traffic to take my machine in for servicing. I am hoping that it can be fixed, but I seriously doubt it! Don't you know ....as soon as the business starts taking off...I loose my machine!

At least I should have time to get my house cleaned again! LOL!

We are thinking of two trips in the next 12 months...at least I am! We have a fami.y trip in either Sept/Oct or Nov/Dec and I am thinking of a mother/son trip in Jan (I am sick and tired of missing the Disbou meets!) In order to do this, I need to get busy selling stuff...of course I can't do that until I get a machine....which I can't afford until I get more money...which will require me to sell more first... Is that what they call a viscous circle? LOL!

Nini

Nini good luck with the Machine and the traffic today.

Marianne I say hold out for a trip from D~

th_008-6.jpg

th_009-6.jpg

th_011-3.jpg

looks great!

Marianne.....I second holding out for a visit from ~D

I'm hoping to get in gear and get some sewing done today

Need to clear this out of the sewing room....I've had a hard time sewing this week since it's been so gorgeous outside.....74 degrees yesterday! I almost dug shorts out...til I realized I had no tan ;)

Upcycle dress to skirt for DD
Make matchine Imke tee
easy fit PJ pants for me (even though these are flannel and its been too hot for flannel....I guess I'll be ready for next year)
embroider linen towels for bridal shower
make bitty dresses for girl twin's baby shower
make monogramed jon jon for baby boy shower

all the shower's are in the next 2 weeks :scared1:

I have another Singer vintage machine I bought for $10 that if I don't get to work restoring it soon, I think D~ might come take possession of and cite neglect on my part :rolleyes1 I swear I'm going to start working on it - right after I finish the BG project and the Star Wars pants I've promised the boys . . . . hmm, maybe I should just put it off a little longer, then I'd get a visit from D~ at least :woohoo: If only I could convince DH to take a long weekend from work, I'd fly the machine and myself to visit D~ . . . she did promise me an introduction to Patience at some point in time. . . :rolleyes1

Marianne I say hold out for a trip from D~

Marianne.....I second holding out for a visit from ~D

:confused3 Marianne... I agree, you are getting very close to neglecting that machine... Poor thing. :lovestruc I think you are just trying to get me to schedule a trip to Charlotte. :rolleyes1

D~

:confused3 Marianne... I agree, you are getting very close to neglecting that machine... Poor thing. :lovestruc I think you are just trying to get me to schedule a trip to Charlotte. :rolleyes1

D~

You've got me! I'm just trying to get you to come visit - I'd rather have the master here to show me how to do it the RIGHT way the FIRST time :) Besides, um, HOW much fun would we have? The boys said they'll get the play room **** n span for you :lovestruc

I did move it from one spot to another yesterday. . . and I still have all the supplies ready to go. . . .except for the bin to put it in to soak it . . .

My wife sews and I asked her what she would recommend for a starting machine and she said the Michley Lil' Sew & Sew LSS-505 ...It's a little guy that packs a mean stitch!!!:laundy:

Ok...Photobucket we fought and I won now cough up the pictures.....

Here's what I've been working on as promised.....

DD Valentines Skirt Front - my first time doing applique. The hearts are a little wonking but DD loved them anyway:hug:

Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012373.jpg

Back

Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012372.jpg

I plan to add fabric panels to the sides of a "like new" pink T Shirt and applique some hearts on the front as well....

Gifts for my neighbors new baby....still need to add the buttons but you get the idea. It's reversable....

Front side A

Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012376.jpg

Peak A boo to Side B
Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012378.jpg

Back

Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012377.jpg

With matching Diaper cover

Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012379-1.jpg

Sorry the pictures are all twisted I edited them but Photobucket is made at me right now....:rotfl2:

DD Valentines Skirt Front - my first time doing applique. The hearts are a little wonking but DD loved them anyway:hug:

Back

I plan to add fabric panels to the sides of a "like new" pink T Shirt and applique some hearts on the front as well....

Gifts for my neighbors new baby....still need to add the buttons but you get the idea. It's reversable....

Front side A

Peak A boo to Side B

Back

Sorry the pictures are all twisted I edited them but Photobucket is made at me right now....:rotfl2:
Your dd skirt is so cute. I should really get that pattern before my dd is too big for it. Your appliques turned out great! Love the set for the baby. Beautiful fabric. Nice job!

I have an idea for a set of matching shirts for my upcoming trip, but I think it will be too much to embroider. So, I'm thinking of using iron-on tranfer paper. Does anyone have a brand they recommend? Thank you!

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012373.jpg

Back

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012372.jpg

Front side A
th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012376.jpg

Peak A boo to Side B
th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012378.jpg

Back
th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012377.jpg

th_Disney2011andSewingstuffJan272012379-1.jpg

Those hearts aren't wonky--they have character! Love them!

Would love to make that skirt for litte Miss Abigail, but mom and dad would not be thrilled with the ruffles. :( I'm mulling some ideas in my brain. Not sure if I'll have time for Valentine's day, but I'm sure I can find another holiday in the future! *LOL*

The baby outfit is adorable!

TMTQ...

Lots and lots of beautiful stuff. I have a feeling that I will be having a bit more time to post on here for the next couple of weeks. My machine died, and I had wanted to get the Singer Futura XL400 from HSN...but they sold out.

So, I get to brave the Atlanta traffic to take my machine in for servicing. I am hoping that it can be fixed, but I seriously doubt it! Don't you know ....as soon as the business starts taking off...I loose my machine!

At least I should have time to get my house cleaned again! LOL!

We are thinking of two trips in the next 12 months...at least I am! We have a fami.y trip in either Sept/Oct or Nov/Dec and I am thinking of a mother/son trip in Jan (I am sick and tired of missing the Disbou meets!) In order to do this, I need to get busy selling stuff...of course I can't do that until I get a machine....which I can't afford until I get more money...which will require me to sell more first... Is that what they call a viscous circle? LOL!

Nini

Nini how about a :hug: I hope the traffic wasn't too bad for you and I hope you get your machine back qu - quick (that's Island talk for really fast)

Your dd skirt is so cute. I should really get that pattern before my dd is too big for it. Your appliques turned out great! Love the set for the baby. Beautiful fabric. Nice job!

Thanks bunches! I love this pattern my DD loves ruffles and ruffles and more ruffles and appliques and even bigger appliques....I :lovestruc her! i hope she doens't grow out of that to quick....You should def get this pattern.....

So cute! I love the skirt and the appliques look great! I love the baby outfit too. So sweet!

Thanks alot you guys rock...I felt terrible about the appliques then DD walked in took one look and gave me the biggest huge. I even pointed out my mistakes but she just loved it anyway. That really made me feel better....DH likes it too he says the have a "rustic feel to them"

Those hearts aren't wonky--they have character! Love them!

Would love to make that skirt for litte Miss Abigail, but mom and dad would not be thrilled with the ruffles. :( I'm mulling some ideas in my brain. Not sure if I'll have time for Valentine's day, but I'm sure I can find another holiday in the future! *LOL*

The baby outfit is adorable!

The great this about this pattern is you don't have to cover the back with ruffles you could put only 2 or 3 or try it with just 1 on the hem.....

Thanks for the compliments.....

I haven't really looked at the Jaime, but I was cleaning my sewing room yesterday and ran across Simplicity 4055 in my stash. With some minor changes, I think it would make a really nice Wendy!
Regards,
C.

this is awesome thanks. Paper patterns scare me, but I might be OK by the time I go to make it :)

Love it it is perfect and its an Epattern so WAHOOO!!

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

Love the crown!!

Making a carrot cake is on my to-try list. I am making a banana cake for guests this weekend. Your DS is one of the few people I know who doesn't like chocolate.

I second Mary's suggestion on the Meghan peasant. That pattern is even easier than the Jamie!

Ahh easier is better :)

Back

Front side A

Peak A boo to Side B

Back

Love it...butt ruffles are my favorite. Love the infant dress with the diaper cover!!

So I just checked and I should have my new machine by the 31st. Fingers crossed that it works and I can use it. I am having some serious sewing envy seeing everyones awesome outfits on here.

Side note...went and bought fabric at Joannes today had all my coupons in hand and for the first time they said I couldnt use my Michaels or ACMoore for the fabric I bought. They said they are no longer honoring competitors coupons for anything that is cut. I wanted to cry cause I got quite a bit of fabric and I didnt know that till I was already up front. Bought quite a bit of calico stuff and it wasnt on sale, but I had a few 40% off coupons and a 5 of 25 coupon...since i had it cut I didnt want to leave it there so I had to buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter