Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

th_DSC00118.jpg

Rebecca as Tink...Simply sweet bodice with a petal shaped skirt I drew out myself. Easy Fit shorts with an added ruffle. She loved that everyone called her Tinkerbelle, and one CM told her she was late for the parade! Here's a better closeup pic.
th_DSC00283.jpg

Middle DD wanted something silly for her shirt...she picked Heather's Pirate Jack Mickey and came up with the saying herself.
th_DSC00126.jpg

I love the Tink! She looks adorable! Dead Mice tell no tails (or was it tales?) very clever!!!

I love the Dr.Seuss dress!!! We have a picture of us in front of that same garage door in our Thing shirts!
15330_390337358159_677208159_4092468_7816290_n.jpg

I took this before I realized the camera was on manual focus, soo a bit blurry!

I am here! Going to Disney in T-minus 4 days! :cool1::cool1:

*Think I can crank out some customs for the girls before we go?*
(Nothing like planning ahead! LOL :rotfl2:)

Of course you can do it! You have plenty of time!

Question for the Guru's!

Do you use lining in your Simply Sweet bodices? I am making these two dresses and am debating not lining them because of the added bulk in Disney in August could be very hot!

Whatcha think? Can I leave it out without messing up the bodice?

Like Andrea said, you could just do a facing instead of a complete lining. What I do it take the original pattern piece and then make it about 2" long, following the outline of the bodice (so it's not straight across, but follows the line of the top). Then, I usually serge the bottom edge or you could serge, zig zag or do a narrow hem. Let me know if this doesn't make sense, and I'll try to explain better!

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg

Great job!!! They look very comfy.

I spent most of the day sewing the Ariel dress. I don't know that it looks too much like Ariel's wedding dress, but I only had one metre of the fabric. That material is slippery and it does fray. I still have the zipper to put in. Not sure if I should go to Fabricland and purchase the invisible zipper food adapter (universal, but doesn't list Brother-which is what my machine is) or if I just use a white or more bluish zipper with the regular zipper foot. The invisible zipper I found at the second-hand store and it's the perfect color.

I almost feel like I'm getting near the end of the pile of dresses I had planned for the trip. The Halloween party dresses are finished, I just need to hem the one for my niece-I need her to try it on so I can see how short/long to make it.

I have some animal print that I plan on making a dress with. I do have more Mickey fabric that I was going to make a dress with for the younger niece. So I guess that's two more for her and I have one more for myself.

I have some more material that I should make the older niece some dresses with, since she seems to have outgrown all the clothes from last year's trip.

We need some pictures!!! I've been waiting to see how that Ariel dress came out! I think I told you that I've had similar material in my stash for this same dress for about two years now! Come on and inspire me!

Thanks for all of the love on the previous thread about the matching headbands I made for DD and I and for our freebie bags!! I didn't get a chance to get back over before we moved. :)

Also, Teresa, that video cracked me up when I saw it!! I would love DD to dress as one of the sisters!!! :)

So many other cute items were added on the last page. Great work!!!

Thanks!!! I just love that video! I'm so glad Heather thought to turn the video on before we walked in!! She is a smart girl, my sister!

hi all
just popping in to say hi
2 weeks from today til disney. woohoo

guess what? i promised my dd mia that she could have the doll cradle my dad made for me when i was 3. so i dragged it up from the basement, it was wrapped in about 10 plastic bags and i open it up and find my very first baby doll and a handmade blanket ( i think my grandma made it) with this cute mickey and minnie print , i think it might have been from an old sheet. i wish i had some now.
IMG_5626.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_5627.jpg
[/IMG]
and my old dolls :love:
IMG_5628.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh WOW!!! That is just so cool! Have fun playing!

I am so addicted to facebook I just tried to "like" this!

I've been known to do that myself!!! I'll go to a different site and hover over the thumbnail pictures and wonder why they aren't popping up larger, and I'll read something and immediatly try to hit the "like" button! Maybe we both need a Facebook addiction help group?? :rotfl:

Ah...I go to bed early and look what happens...you move! I have been watching this thread like a hawk all weekend!

Nini

Oh man!! I'm so sorry! I should have PMed you!

I hate when we move in the night! Guess what? Megan asked me to make her an Epcot outfit when we go Labor Day weekend! I am so excited!

YAY on Megan wanting an Epcot outfit!

Here I am on page 4! :wave:

:wave: Hello clever sister!

Jessica, I PM'd you.

Ladies & Gentleman, I am reading and admiring everything. I am sidelined from sewing for a while because of the stroke I had June 7th. It slightly affected my right side--including making vision in my right eye blurry. I sewed some curtains for my nephew, but even straight lines were a major challenge, so until things resolve (may be a while because they discovered that I am in the beginning stage of catracts on both eyes) I am just going to read and admire!

Piper, I hope you are doing ok now. I'm so sorry to hear about your stroke. :hug:

At the end of the previous thread someone requested some boys outfits. I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would dig up some of Ethan's outfits from previous years and share some pictures of my little guy.

He just turned 6!

IMG_0599-1.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

Boys Romper or Jon-Jon August 2006

NANCY!!! You went and made me cry!! Look how your boy has grown!

Phew! I made it over...not until page 6, but better late than never!

Here's my question...
I know that typically it's best to prewash all of the fabric before you make something out of it. I am just wondering about the fabric for my girls' princess dresses that I am making.

Would you prewash glittered costume satin? I really don't want all of the glitter to wash off before I even get the dresses made...but hesitate to make something without prewashing, for fear of all of the chemicals in the fabric that would be next to DDs' sensitive skin when wearing, and making the colors bleed when they do get washed! It says that it is washable, but you are supposed to turn inside out, which I obviously can not do when it is in one long yardage length. Recommendations?

I don't usually pre-wash the stuff with sparkles, it comes off too easily. I don't pre-wash the satin either, so my vote is to not wash it. However, if your daughter does have very sensitive skin and your worried about the chemicals, you could hand wash it and line dry it.

Sorry can't quote...

BILLWENDY....I got the Epcot minnie from bowsandclothes. It was so cute and different I couldn't pass it up. I've got mickey also. I'm kinda procratinating on that one, it took a long time to do, and lots of thread changes!

So I started the cinderella simply sweet last night, got the bodice done, now I just have to decide what I'm doing with the rest of it. I'm trying to be practical for the girls sake, this is for 1900PF and then we're heading over to the MK after dinner. I don't want a long gown, so I'm thinking a top with shorts?

I'm also second guessing our dress for BBB and the castle lunch. Last time we went I bought her a ballerina tinkerbelle outfit. It was basically a bodysuit with some tulle over it, with wings. It was perfect because she was fine in the hot weather and riding the rides after the castle......

So this year I bought the ballerina cinderella and sleeping beauty and they just look really cheap to me, so now I'm thinking I should just make something.

I found great sparkly blue & pink patterned fabric and I bought sparkly tulle. I'm thinking short dresses (the simply sweets of course) with tulle overlays. Do you think that would work? Do you finished off the bottom of the tulle later? I'm definatley saving this project till the very end.

Either this or I'm casing (I think it was HeatherSue's) scallopini skirt with the halter top.......

Oh decisions, decision.....but the crazy part is we're going back in May, so I'll have to come up with all new ideas for then!

Here are a few pics of the girls in their outfits during our trip in July. It's very hard to get a good outfit pic of a 7 month old!!! Had a WONDERFUL trip 11 nights at the campground and only 2 days of parks. Baby's first trip and big sister LOVED introducing her to all of the princesses. Great memories!

Chip and Dale for campfire nights at the Fort

Aurora for Breakfast at the castle

Mini Aurora

Cindy bubble and short set for our day at MK.

Western wear for the Hoop De Doo

The girls waiting for dinner in Epcot

Cindy shirt for resort day

Wow totally missed this move. I wasn't even paying attention to the page number we were on!

Here are a few pics of the girls in their outfits during our trip in July. It's very hard to get a good outfit pic of a 7 month old!!! Had a WONDERFUL trip 11 nights at the campground and only 2 days of parks. Baby's first trip and big sister LOVED introducing her to all of the princesses. Great memories!

Mini Aurora

]

I love the pictures inside your camper!! I don't know why, but they just make me smile! Well, other than the fact that there are very cute kids in adorable outfits in the pictures that is!

The Aurora dresses are just adorable!!! I love the baby Aurora! Everything looks great!!!

I'm trying to figure out what to make my girls for Hoop De Doo, so I love seeing your pictures!

Piper sorry to hear about the stroke and wishing you a speedy recovery!

I am hoping to do more than drool over all the yummy creations now that school is going to be starting in a few weeks. Can't wait!!! Dh is still home with us right now but goes back to work on Monday after taking a month off to recover from his ankle surgery...it is still pretty swollen and he is not allowed to put weight on it yet. So today we sorted through all the back to school supplies. Still need to get paper towels and hand sanitizer. DH finally agreed after looking at oldest DS's backpack from last year that we needed something stronger so I ordered 3 new LL Bean backpacks. Should be here soon and hopefully they will stand up to the beating the binders gave last year's backpacks.

Ramona

Teresa this made me laugh so hard:rotfl2:. My DD6 turned and looked at me like I was crazy. Thanks for the laugh.

ETA: do ya realize ya typoed your own name :P

I'm glad I could make you laugh!!

Yes, I realized it right after I posted it! I've tried reuploading, but it's still showing up as the misspelling for me too. (I'm ALWAYS doing that with the s and the a, they are too close together on the keyboard! This time the j just jumped in there too!)

OH thank you for making it EXCUSED! I dont want to have to visit the principals office this early in the school year! (we start back next wednesday!):rotfl2:
You are very welcome!! Just don't let it happen again!

omg this is hysterical !!

Glad you like it! It was something I could do to avoid finishing cleaning the living room!

Hey you guys moved!! I like what you've done with the new place :lmao: Well I guess i'll hang out with you guys over here :)

Mini Aurora

those outfits are gorgeous which pattern did u use for minnie dress as thats exactly the one i would like to make my daughter

thanks

you always move when i am asleep
3am my time is not a good time to move :)

My counter is now down the 9 months exactly so gonna dance :yay::banana::yay::banana::yay::banana::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::banana:

Mini Aurora

OMG....what great pictures (and outfits) but those kiddos are just adorable. I love the baby Aurora. What great memories!!

I'll excuse it this time...

TardyPasstmh0206.jpg

tee hee....you are too funny!!

Here is a picture of the Ariel Dress with a piece of paper inside so you can see the neck line better. Any ideas to make it more Ariel looking? I do have some white flower ribbon that I could possibly sew along the bottom of the bodice. I did pick up some green colored ribbon that matches the dress to make some hair bows.

IMG_2366.jpg

Nancy, Ethan has grown up so much just with this thread. I enjoyed seeing him through the years and all of his adorable outfits! Overalls were always my favorite!

Loved all the new pictures. Thanks for the advice on cars. No need to worry about buying an expensive car to fix here, too expensive to begin with! LOL! I am cheap! And yes, I will miss my convertible so much! I just love it! I have not written off getting another but I really doubt I do. If DH had a car I liked better then I would get something super fun again, but I don't love his car (or like it at all to be honest!). Of course, I guess I could get something super fun, his idea and my idea are a bit different though. He wants to go all out where I like stripped down cars (and NO leather seats)! It makes it really hard to buy a car when I refuse to have leather seats! I gave up on refusing power windows. UGH! I have never had so many issues with power windows! Every car I have ever owned and pretty much every window at some point.

Oh, I have not liked the simply sweet before, construction wise it doesn't make a difference. I almost always line it, I just like it being a bit thicker. The twirl top (is that the name of it) and not lined and it was just more flimsy to me. Probably because at that point I had only made the ss lined.

Thanks for the well wishes. I had the stroke whild I was at the doctor's office for a "well-visit" and that has made all the difference. I had no artery blockage, no heart problems--it was all stress related. God was definitely looking out for me. If I hadn't had the stroke, we probably wouldn't have found out about the cataracts. Now I can get them removed before they cause too many problems--not yet though--they're not "ready." It was on my right side so I have some residual weakness, a slight hearing loss and blurry vision on that side--but I am so very lucky. It could have been much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter