Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Aurora dress I made for DD's b-day coming up. She wants an Aurora cake, so I'm planning on making a doll cake with the dress splotches of pink & blue with the fairies next to it... hopefully people will understand!
th_DSC06698.jpg
That turned out great and I can't wait to see pics of the cake.

Yep, started today! I'll post a picture just because I never post anything anymore!

38571_10150244532755327_575830326_14004230_7141236_n.jpg

I also posted on facebook wondering what kind of car I should buy. I am open to hearing thoughts! I am not a car shopper. So far I love Wendy's suggestion of the Hyundai Santa Fe, but I was leaning towards a Sonata. I loved the one I rented once. I also really like a Ford Mustang but I think that would be more hassle then it is worth. Currently I own a Chrysler Sebring convertible and LOVE it! But it is OLD! And not being good to me anymore!
2nd grade! My ds will be in 3rd this year -- they are growing too fast and he's too old to make customs for (I had a hard time last year getting him to wear a Donald shirt to Tusker House and when I tried getting him to wear a Mickey shirt to school so it would be worn more than once his reply was: "Mom, that would be embarrassing!").

We have a Honda Insight that we love. Just buy something that's inexpensive to repair (in other words do not buy a Mercedes or BMW).

I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

th_DSC00118.jpg

Rebecca as Tink...Simply sweet bodice with a petal shaped skirt I drew out myself. Easy Fit shorts with an added ruffle. She loved that everyone called her Tinkerbelle, and one CM told her she was late for the parade! Here's a better closeup pic.
th_DSC00283.jpg

Middle DD wanted something silly for her shirt...she picked Heather's Pirate Jack Mickey and came up with the saying herself.
th_DSC00126.jpg

Our main reason for going to US/IOA was the new Harry Potter section, the big girls are huge fans. Carol was nice enough to chase HP fabric for me, and I found the HP embroidery online. I knew it was going to be terribly hot, so I wanted this to be as light as possible, so this Vida is a stripped down model with no extra ruffles! The HP ride was great, and has a nice child swap area showing the 1st movie. Teenagers in the queue were commenting on how cool her HP dress was...many of them were wearing wizard robes, lol!
th_DSC00194.jpg

th_DSC00284.jpg

th_DSC00285.jpg

And finally, my biggest project. The main skirt fabric was from a Cat in the Hat crib sheet. I wanted as many of the characters as possible, and the best way to do that was to make a pieced circular skirt, fussy cutting the fabric to get as many of them as I could. This is my ultimate Frankenpattern...its got a Simply Sweet halter top, circle preppy skirt over a twirl skirt for the fullness. She loved it, and got many compliments. The big girls wore Things 1 & 2, another design from our favorite digitizer.
th_DSC00265.jpg

th_DSC00280.jpg

th_DSC00281.jpg

Wow! Some great creations. I adore the tink and glad your dd got some attention it ~ she looks absolutely adorable wearing it. I also really like the Harry Potter -- great fabrics! But my favorite is your Cat In the Hat. I love the fullness of the skirt and the striped accents on the strraps and underskirt. It is fabulousa!!!

Question for the Guru's!

Do you use lining in your Simply Sweet bodices? I am making these two dresses and am debating not lining them because of the added bulk in Disney in August could be very hot!

Whatcha think? Can I leave it out without messing up the bodice?

Not a guru, but I skip the underlying and use a thin material for the lining such as muslin. I would think you'd need the lining for a place to insert the straps between. You may be able to try it with a shortened lining more like the Vida for the straps (if that makes no sense, I mean make a lining shorter than the pattern that is not attached to the skirt, but still gives you room to insert straps).

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg

Those look great! I bought fleece last year and have yet to make any Easy Fits with them, but I positively will this winter b/c that fabric takes up a lot of room in my cabinet!

WOW Page 3! I'm so glad to be here, now I have to go and catch up on what I've missed.

Ah...I go to bed early and look what happens...you move! I have been watching this thread like a hawk all weekend!

Nini

I hate when we move in the night! Guess what? Megan asked me to make her an Epcot outfit when we go Labor Day weekend! I am so excited!

20gmbu1.jpg

I am in love with this dress but can't find the seller or creator. I hope someone can help :goodvibes

Here's the Aurora dress I made for DD's b-day coming up. She wants an Aurora cake, so I'm planning on making a doll cake with the dress splotches of pink & blue with the fairies next to it... hopefully people will understand!
th_DSC06698.jpg
Your daughter is so cute in that dress. Great idea for the birthday cake

Yep, started today! I'll post a picture just because I never post anything anymore!

38571_10150244532755327_575830326_14004230_7141236_n.jpg

I also posted on facebook wondering what kind of car I should buy. I am open to hearing thoughts! I am not a car shopper. So far I love Wendy's suggestion of the Hyundai Santa Fe, but I was leaning towards a Sonata. I loved the one I rented once. I also really like a Ford Mustang but I think that would be more hassle then it is worth. Currently I own a Chrysler Sebring convertible and LOVE it! But it is OLD! And not being good to me anymore!
How handsome. Good luck with your car search. My husband is in need of a new car but he has been too busy to car shop. Let me know what you pick. Do you think you will miss having a convertible. I had a Sebring BK (before kids) and I still miss it but love my minivan for running around town with the kids and for vacations.

I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

th_DSC00118.jpg

Rebecca as Tink...Simply sweet bodice with a petal shaped skirt I drew out myself. Easy Fit shorts with an added ruffle. She loved that everyone called her Tinkerbelle, and one CM told her she was late for the parade! Here's a better closeup pic.
th_DSC00283.jpg

Middle DD wanted something silly for her shirt...she picked Heather's Pirate Jack Mickey and came up with the saying herself.
th_DSC00126.jpg

Our main reason for going to US/IOA was the new Harry Potter section, the big girls are huge fans. Carol was nice enough to chase HP fabric for me, and I found the HP embroidery online. I knew it was going to be terribly hot, so I wanted this to be as light as possible, so this Vida is a stripped down model with no extra ruffles! The HP ride was great, and has a nice child swap area showing the 1st movie. Teenagers in the queue were commenting on how cool her HP dress was...many of them were wearing wizard robes, lol!
th_DSC00194.jpg

th_DSC00284.jpg

th_DSC00285.jpg

And finally, my biggest project. The main skirt fabric was from a Cat in the Hat crib sheet. I wanted as many of the characters as possible, and the best way to do that was to make a pieced circular skirt, fussy cutting the fabric to get as many of them as I could. This is my ultimate Frankenpattern...its got a Simply Sweet halter top, circle preppy skirt over a twirl skirt for the fullness. She loved it, and got many compliments. The big girls wore Things 1 & 2, another design from our favorite digitizer.
th_DSC00265.jpg

th_DSC00280.jpg

th_DSC00281.jpg

Love the tink petal skirt and the Harry Potter Vida. The pirate shirt is really cute. Great job with the Cat in the Hat dress!

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg
Those look comfortable.

I spent most of the day sewing the Ariel dress. I don't know that it looks too much like Ariel's wedding dress, but I only had one metre of the fabric. That material is slippery and it does fray. I still have the zipper to put in. Not sure if I should go to Fabricland and purchase the invisible zipper food adapter (universal, but doesn't list Brother-which is what my machine is) or if I just use a white or more bluish zipper with the regular zipper foot. The invisible zipper I found at the second-hand store and it's the perfect color.

I almost feel like I'm getting near the end of the pile of dresses I had planned for the trip. The Halloween party dresses are finished, I just need to hem the one for my niece-I need her to try it on so I can see how short/long to make it.

I have some animal print that I plan on making a dress with. I do have more Mickey fabric that I was going to make a dress with for the younger niece. So I guess that's two more for her and I have one more for myself.

I have some more material that I should make the older niece some dresses with, since she seems to have outgrown all the clothes from last year's trip.
Sounds like you have been busy. Can't wait to see the Ariel dress.

I thought about checking the site before I went to bed last night but I was too tired to move.

I got in before page 5? Wow! That never happens.
I know I sorta dropped of the face of the earth after we got back from our trip, but I'm frantically trying to get the house reararnged for the new baby before he gets here. And working full time doesn't leave much energy for sewing crib stuff or rearranging bedrooms when I get home. I have been keeping up with the thread though & there has been a ton of great stuff posted.

I go to bed and wake up and you all are already on page 4! I love the Harry Potter and the Dr. Seuss dresses! :wizard:

20gmbu1.jpg

I am in love with this dress but can't find the seller or creator. I hope someone can help :goodvibes

Where did you find the picture? That will help. I think someone just posted this on the last thread as something she made for her daughter to wear. If you can find the original post, you can PM her about it.

Where did you find the picture? That will help. I think someone just posted this on the last thread as something she made for her daughter to wear. If you can find the original post, you can PM her about it.

I found it on an outside thread but the person who posted it - hasn't responded to who made it. So I have no clue where that person got it from but she did post that she got it from someone on the disboards. So here I am =)

Of course, I checked the disboards all day yesterday waiting for it to move and yall went and moved it while I was asleep!!!

I got my fabric and my pattern...well what does the machine decide to do. break down right before we go.

Does anyone have any boy designs to show off??

HELP PLEASE

I know I don't post much but I LOVE reading along and getting ideas. I am having an issue I hope you ladies might be able to help with.

I need to make a Peter Pan costume for my little one and cannot find a pattern. The old simplicity one only goes down to size 3 and my little guy is still about a sixe 1 or 1/2.

Last year I made him the pinocchio costume

100_3045.jpg

I used a baby overalls pattern, added the top half of a vest from YCMT and made the hat pattern from a Peter pan costume.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could put together a peter pan costume in the same way? Do you think I could make up the tunic top? OR do you think I could size down the simplicity pattern???? Any advice from you experts?? Thanks in advance!

I have made the Simplicity Pattern and I think it runs small. I had to make a size 3 for my little guy when he was just 2 and he was a tall skinny 2 year old.
I think you could easily size it down, I don't think a bowling shirt would create the same look. (too many buttons on the front)

aurora.jpg

Here he is 4 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter