Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here and vowing to keep up better!

(No, really.)

I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

DSC00118.jpg

Rebecca as Tink...Simply sweet bodice with a petal shaped skirt I drew out myself. Easy Fit shorts with an added ruffle. She loved that everyone called her Tinkerbelle, and one CM told her she was late for the parade! Here's a better closeup pic.
DSC00283.jpg

Middle DD wanted something silly for her shirt...she picked Heather's Pirate Jack Mickey and came up with the saying herself.
DSC00126.jpg

Our main reason for going to US/IOA was the new Harry Potter section, the big girls are huge fans. Carol was nice enough to chase HP fabric for me, and I found the HP embroidery online. I knew it was going to be terribly hot, so I wanted this to be as light as possible, so this Vida is a stripped down model with no extra ruffles! The HP ride was great, and has a nice child swap area showing the 1st movie. Teenagers in the queue were commenting on how cool her HP dress was...many of them were wearing wizard robes, lol!
DSC00194.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

And finally, my biggest project. The main skirt fabric was from a Cat in the Hat crib sheet. I wanted as many of the characters as possible, and the best way to do that was to make a pieced circular skirt, fussy cutting the fabric to get as many of them as I could. This is my ultimate Frankenpattern...its got a Simply Sweet halter top, circle preppy skirt over a twirl skirt for the fullness. She loved it, and got many compliments. The big girls wore Things 1 & 2, another design from our favorite digitizer.
DSC00265.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

I am here! Going to Disney in T-minus 4 days! :cool1::cool1:

*Think I can crank out some customs for the girls before we go?*
(Nothing like planning ahead! LOL :rotfl2:)

Someone was looking for Peter Pan. This one looks easy and cute:
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/10/peter-pan-costume.html

Yep, started today! I'll post a picture just because I never post anything anymore!

38571_10150244532755327_575830326_14004230_7141236_n.jpg

I also posted on facebook wondering what kind of car I should buy. I am open to hearing thoughts! I am not a car shopper. So far I love Wendy's suggestion of the Hyundai Santa Fe, but I was leaning towards a Sonata. I loved the one I rented once. I also really like a Ford Mustang but I think that would be more hassle then it is worth. Currently I own a Chrysler Sebring convertible and LOVE it! But it is OLD! And not being good to me anymore!
WOW-he looks so much older.

My SIL recently bought her 2nd Santa Fe and really likes it. I really love my Toyota Venza-more than I actually thought I would. My DH was driving a 1998 Toyota Sienna mini van that needed to be replaced. I was drving a 2006 AWD Sienna-he's a stay at home so it made sense that I buy a new car that got better gas milage for commuting but also fit all 5 of us if need be. I really like the mini van so I was afraid I wouldn't love anything else but I really like the Venza.

Jumping in on this new thread. My mom upgraded her sewing machine so she was nice enough to give me her Brother sewing machine (Innovis 900) which she actually bought only last year because of all the preloaded Disney characaters. So can't wait to start embroidering everything.:woohoo:

I actually made a dress for my daughter this week with some Ariel print fabric I found at Walmart. But my skills are very lacking.:rolleyes1 But at least it is wearable in public.:rotfl:

Hello my fellow DISers! Its been way too long since I have been home! I shall have many things to share in the near future. Now I need to catch up on everyones great creations!

Question for the Guru's!

Do you use lining in your Simply Sweet bodices? I am making these two dresses and am debating not lining them because of the added bulk in Disney in August could be very hot!

Whatcha think? Can I leave it out without messing up the bodice?

I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

DSC00118.jpg

Rebecca as Tink...Simply sweet bodice with a petal shaped skirt I drew out myself. Easy Fit shorts with an added ruffle. She loved that everyone called her Tinkerbelle, and one CM told her she was late for the parade! Here's a better closeup pic.
DSC00283.jpg

Middle DD wanted something silly for her shirt...she picked Heather's Pirate Jack Mickey and came up with the saying herself.
DSC00126.jpg

Our main reason for going to US/IOA was the new Harry Potter section, the big girls are huge fans. Carol was nice enough to chase HP fabric for me, and I found the HP embroidery online. I knew it was going to be terribly hot, so I wanted this to be as light as possible, so this Vida is a stripped down model with no extra ruffles! The HP ride was great, and has a nice child swap area showing the 1st movie. Teenagers in the queue were commenting on how cool her HP dress was...many of them were wearing wizard robes, lol!
DSC00194.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

And finally, my biggest project. The main skirt fabric was from a Cat in the Hat crib sheet. I wanted as many of the characters as possible, and the best way to do that was to make a pieced circular skirt, fussy cutting the fabric to get as many of them as I could. This is my ultimate Frankenpattern...its got a Simply Sweet halter top, circle preppy skirt over a twirl skirt for the fullness. She loved it, and got many compliments. The big girls wore Things 1 & 2, another design from our favorite digitizer.
DSC00265.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

Wow! I love the Cat in the Hat dress! Great job! It's all looks terrific!

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg

I am finally here...Page 3 isn't too bad. I have been in my little hole sewing all night and didn't realize everyone had moved!

th_DSC00118.jpg

th_DSC00283.jpg

th_DSC00126.jpg

th_DSC00194.jpg

th_DSC00284.jpg

th_DSC00285.jpg

th_DSC00265.jpg

th_DSC00280.jpg

th_DSC00281.jpg

Wow...I am not even a huge Harry Potter fan but I love that vida. That turned out so cute. And the cat in the hat is sooo cute. I like how you combined the 2 skirt patterns. The stripes really make it!!

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg

Great job! She looks like she loves them!

I know she my DD6 is still young. But because of her size I get people thinking she is even younger. I still had the themes together, the girls are just different builds, and like different things. They picked the fabric for them selfs this trip!

I spent most of the day sewing the Ariel dress. I don't know that it looks too much like Ariel's wedding dress, but I only had one metre of the fabric. That material is slippery and it does fray. I still have the zipper to put in. Not sure if I should go to Fabricland and purchase the invisible zipper food adapter (universal, but doesn't list Brother-which is what my machine is) or if I just use a white or more bluish zipper with the regular zipper foot. The invisible zipper I found at the second-hand store and it's the perfect color.

I almost feel like I'm getting near the end of the pile of dresses I had planned for the trip. The Halloween party dresses are finished, I just need to hem the one for my niece-I need her to try it on so I can see how short/long to make it.

I have some animal print that I plan on making a dress with. I do have more Mickey fabric that I was going to make a dress with for the younger niece. So I guess that's two more for her and I have one more for myself.

I have some more material that I should make the older niece some dresses with, since she seems to have outgrown all the clothes from last year's trip.

Thanks for all of the love on the previous thread about the matching headbands I made for DD and I and for our freebie bags!! I didn't get a chance to get back over before we moved. :)

Also, Teresa, that video cracked me up when I saw it!! I would love DD to dress as one of the sisters!!! :)

So many other cute items were added on the last page. Great work!!!

hi all
just popping in to say hi
2 weeks from today til disney. woohoo

guess what? i promised my dd mia that she could have the doll cradle my dad made for me when i was 3. so i dragged it up from the basement, it was wrapped in about 10 plastic bags and i open it up and find my very first baby doll and a handmade blanket ( i think my grandma made it) with this cute mickey and minnie print , i think it might have been from an old sheet. i wish i had some now.
IMG_5626.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_5627.jpg
[/IMG]
and my old dolls :love:
IMG_5628.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter