Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The move has been done, the excitement is over, I guess I really do need to go down and get to sewing...I only have 2 quilts and 3 dresses to get finished this week!

Nini

hi all
just popping in to say hi
2 weeks from today til disney. woohoo

guess what? i promised my dd mia that she could have the doll cradle my dad made for me when i was 3. so i dragged it up from the basement, it was wrapped in about 10 plastic bags and i open it up and find my very first baby doll and a handmade blanket ( i think my grandma made it) with this cute mickey and minnie print , i think it might have been from an old sheet. i wish i had some now.
IMG_5626.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_5627.jpg
[/IMG]
and my old dolls :love:
IMG_5628.jpg
[/IMG]
So cute!

Here's the Aurora dress I made for DD's b-day coming up. She wants an Aurora cake, so I'm planning on making a doll cake with the dress splotches of pink & blue with the fairies next to it... hopefully people will understand!
DSC06698.jpg

Very cute. Make sure to post a pic of the cake later too.

Yep, started today! I'll post a picture just because I never post anything anymore!

38571_10150244532755327_575830326_14004230_7141236_n.jpg

I also posted on facebook wondering what kind of car I should buy. I am open to hearing thoughts! I am not a car shopper. So far I love Wendy's suggestion of the Hyundai Santa Fe, but I was leaning towards a Sonata. I loved the one I rented once. I also really like a Ford Mustang but I think that would be more hassle then it is worth. Currently I own a Chrysler Sebring convertible and LOVE it! But it is OLD! And not being good to me anymore!

Oh boy, where did the summer go? So glad my guys have another month.

I was saving this so it wouldn't get lost in the move. Last week we went to Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure for 4 nights, after spending one night at WDW to see the new fireworks and ELP @ MK. It was a great trip, but I know for sure (not that there was any doubt!) we are Disney folk. The trip was fun, but not magical. Some things were better (FOTL for resort guests), some not (lack of vegetarian options and early park restaurant closings) I made just a few customs, and didn't see any others.

th_DSC00118.jpg

!
th_DSC00194.jpg

th_DSC00265.jpg

Love everything. The suess is awesome you are right to be so proud of it.

My first move with you too and I actually have a project to post. I just finished a pair of easy fit pants from Carla C. They were my first pair and we did them in fleece for lounge pants. She loves them. :cool1: And yes, that is a Royal Caribbean Cruise shirt she is wearing. :laughing:

39889_1470577439280_1078945442_1348529_7128721_n.jpg

Too cute. My guys love easy fit lounge pants.

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

th_068.jpg

Everything is great. Glad you got over the 100 page fear and tried it out.

And if you didn't notice, yes that's my embroidery 61count thread holder in my china hutch! Moved the china to make room for thread! My entire dining room table has been taken over....thank goodness we have a dining room that we NEVER use.

Here's my son's tees
th_073.jpg

th_072.jpg

His stuff is great too.

Looks great. Good idea with the apron.

I found it on an outside thread but the person who posted it - hasn't responded to who made it. So I have no clue where that person got it from but she did post that she got it from someone on the disboards. So here I am =)

Try the last thread (#21)...it was recently, so maybe in the last 20 pages or so.

hi all
just popping in to say hi
2 weeks from today til disney. woohoo

guess what? i promised my dd mia that she could have the doll cradle my dad made for me when i was 3. so i dragged it up from the basement, it was wrapped in about 10 plastic bags and i open it up and find my very first baby doll and a handmade blanket ( i think my grandma made it) with this cute mickey and minnie print , i think it might have been from an old sheet. i wish i had some now.
th_IMG_5626.jpg
[/IMG]
th_IMG_5627.jpg
[/IMG]
and my old dolls :love:
th_IMG_5628.jpg
[/IMG]

My DD29 had that same doll (the pink one) when she was little. I think we may still have it in a box somewhere. How sweet that you came across that.
Check :wizard:....sometimes people sell old sheets like that.

I am ALWAYS late to the party...but at least I am here!

I am getting ready for our trip to DC and Ohio...the one that yet again I gave up Vegas for. I may get there someday...when the kids are grown...that's okay, I'm looking forward to DC.

I am doing some sewing, nothing too major. Just some aprons for DH's Aunts in Ohio. I will post some pics when I get them all done.

Great stuff posted lately...I lurk A LOT but the kids usually run me off the computer to either play themselves or to go somewhere.

Jessica, I PM'd you.

Ladies & Gentleman, I am reading and admiring everything. I am sidelined from sewing for a while because of the stroke I had June 7th. It slightly affected my right side--including making vision in my right eye blurry. I sewed some curtains for my nephew, but even straight lines were a major challenge, so until things resolve (may be a while because they discovered that I am in the beginning stage of catracts on both eyes) I am just going to read and admire!

20gmbu1.jpg

I am in love with this dress but can't find the seller or creator. I hope someone can help :goodvibes

I brought this over from the previous thread for you:

I just finished up a few dresses for 2 little girls going in August. They turned out super cute. Except for the Snow White cape I totally CASEd!

SnowWhite.jpg

Cindypink.jpg

I got the bird applique from bowsandclothes.com. It stitched out really nice! I am loving my new machine!

Thanks!

there ya go.

At the end of the previous thread someone requested some boys outfits. I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would dig up some of Ethan's outfits from previous years and share some pictures of my little guy.

He just turned 6!

IMG_0599-1.jpg

Bowling Shirt Oct. 2009

IMG_0519.jpg

Cars Bowling shirt Oct. 2009

IMG_0597.jpg

t-shirt embroidered with Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas Oct. 2009
IMG_0046.jpg

Peter Pan Flying past the moon Jan. 2009

IMG_0097.jpg

A sleepy boy in January 2009

IMG_5742.jpg

Pirate Mickey Head March 2008

IMG_5689.jpg

Captain Hook Costume Feb. 2008

IMG_4953.jpg

At the Fort Wilderness Campfire Singalong in August 2007

IMG_5035.jpg

Animal Kingdom overalls August 2007

IMG_4847.jpg

Boys Romper or Jon-Jon August 2006

Jessica, I PM'd you.

Ladies & Gentleman, I am reading and admiring everything. I am sidelined from sewing for a while because of the stroke I had June 7th. It slightly affected my right side--including making vision in my right eye blurry. I sewed some curtains for my nephew, but even straight lines were a major challenge, so until things resolve (may be a while because they discovered that I am in the beginning stage of catracts on both eyes) I am just going to read and admire!
I was MIA in June so had no idea you had a stroke. I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that the cataracts don't affect you too badly.

I think we are heading to St. Louis for a couple of days. Isabelle starts school next Wed. Poor thing has had her eye swollen for 2 and a half days. It seems to be going down finally. Doctor gave her a steriod, antibiotic, and said to keep taking Benedryl. Not really sure what is up with it. In case you want to see, this was yesterday morning at the doctor's. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=240114243175&ref=mf#!/photo.php?pid=436835&id=100000060367217
It looks like preseptal cellulitis to me. Please tell me the doctor gave Isabelle an oral antibiotic (augmentin is the most common one used for treatment).

Also wanted to say I loved Gabriele's outfit and hat -- I lost my multiquote yesterday evening so didn't specifically comment on it then.

i have found my way back. Some cute stuff, as usual:) I haven't made anything at all since the stuff I made for my last trip in December. I haven't even made it back to DIS since before my trip. I am almost ready to say when my next trip is, but can't yet, because I have to keep a secret from the Facebook world that doesn't come to the DIS. I can't talk about it there yet LOL

Piper: I was out of the loop for a lot of June, as my grandfather died on June10th. So sorry to hear about your stroke. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Phew! I made it over...not until page 6, but better late than never!

Here's my question...
I know that typically it's best to prewash all of the fabric before you make something out of it. I am just wondering about the fabric for my girls' princess dresses that I am making.

Would you prewash glittered costume satin? I really don't want all of the glitter to wash off before I even get the dresses made...but hesitate to make something without prewashing, for fear of all of the chemicals in the fabric that would be next to DDs' sensitive skin when wearing, and making the colors bleed when they do get washed! It says that it is washable, but you are supposed to turn inside out, which I obviously can not do when it is in one long yardage length. Recommendations?

38096_1454176749059_1072505523_1310905_7499444_n.jpg

Here is Gabriel in the Make-A-Wish outfit on Saturday!

This is just a precious picture of the two of you :cloud9:

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

I'm so glad you all got me over the fear of the simply sweet 100 page pattern. It obviously has become the outfit of this vacation, so versitile and simple! I love it.....next the boy tees!

WOWZA!! :worship: I love them all!! And the fact you keep your thread in your China hutch just cracks me UP!! :lmao:

I just finished up a few dresses for 2 little girls going in August. They turned out super cute. Except for the Snow White cape I totally CASEd!

SnowWhite.jpg

Cindypink.jpg

I got the bird applique from bowsandclothes.com. It stitched out really nice! I am loving my new machine!

Thanks!

Very pretty!! :lovestruc They are both fantastic, but the Snow White one is my fav.

HERE. I stayed up late to watch some shows :happytv: and just got caught up here at work enough to check! I am glad I made it before double digits.

AND I made the mistake of clicking on the lovely advertistment below and finding out that I can go to Disney with hotel, tickets and food for $700!!! AAHHHHHHHH Are you kidding me?? Like I needed THAT temptation.

Okay, have a good day:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter