Did Y'All Hear About AP Dedicated Lines

Haven't heard much about the AP line the past few days.

Our experience... they couldn't care less who was going through the line. A sign was up, but nobody cared.
Three hours before park close those turnstiles were exits.
Now, maybe this is all because the "benefit" has ended?? If so, please take down the el cheapo signage.

MG

We were there Jan 3-9 and LOVED the AP entrance lines. HUGE timesaver for us as the reg. entrance lines were huge & these were a fraction of the people. It seemed about 50/50 if they wanted proof upon entering the line (seeing the AP card or ID). But when they did they usually asked how many were in our party then asked for just 1 AP card. I for one hope they keep these special lines. The people using them definitely knew how to operate at the touch points and didn't gunk things up.

We just returned Saturday. Many times it seemed as though the AP lines were longer than regular lines. One morning at AK, the CM said to my daughter and I, "oh...you know you can use the AP lane?" I looked at her, looked at the line about 10 people deep and told her I had just walked up to her empty turnstile....she didn't seem to understand what I was telling her! We weren't asked for our cards at all, the couple of times we did use it. Granted, we were there in a slow season, which I think is why the AP lines were longer.
Also overheard a guest in front of me asking for directions of how to get to a ride....not sure about the status of their pass....

My wife and I are going to upgrade our tickets to AP's when we go in February. However, my parents will be joining us and they won't have AP's. Does anyone know if this is only for the actual AP holders or is it for the AP holder and those in their party? I just don't want to get in a line and then have them ask my parents to get in another line. Thanks!

My wife and I are going to upgrade our tickets to AP's when we go in February. However, my parents will be joining us and they won't have AP's. Does anyone know if this is only for the actual AP holders or is it for the AP holder and those in their party? I just don't want to get in a line and then have them ask my parents to get in another line. Thanks!

When we were there the first week in January DH and I went thru bcuz we have AP's but our DS only had a 7-day hopper. He went thru with us no problem and then we upgraded his tix to an AP after we went into the park. It was only that one time tho.

When we were there the first week in January DH and I went thru bcuz we have AP's but our DS only had a 7-day hopper. He went thru with us no problem and then we upgraded his tix to an AP after we went into the park. It was only that one time tho.

I'm going to have to wager that is because it was a child.

I have seen them ask those without AP's to go to another line and I have seen it where they didn't care and let everyone through. I think if you're going at a prime entry time they may be asked to use a different line. If it's an off time, they may be allowed through.

I'm going to have to wager that is because it was a child.

I have seen them ask those without AP's to go to another line and I have seen it where they didn't care and let everyone through. I think if you're going at a prime entry time they may be asked to use a different line. If it's an off time, they may be allowed through.

I would say not so much. He is a 6 ft. 19 almost 20 yr old now so not really a "child" any more.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Please, WDW? Just dump this. We HAVE APs. This is a solution in search of a problem - of ZERO value. It just increases your costs, and provides nothing.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Please, WDW? Just dump this. We HAVE APs. This is a solution in search of a problem - of ZERO value. It just increases your costs, and provides nothing.
Most reviews are positive for it. It is a fast line because the people in the line know what they are doing.

Most reviews are positive for it. It is a fast line because the people in the line know what they are doing.
Personally I have never seen anyone have a rough time with it. It's hardly rocket science. Use it once and you are well trained.

MG

Personally I have never seen anyone have a rough time with it. It's hardly rocket science. Use it once and you are well trained.

MG
That wasn't the case when I was there in January. It seemed like I was either behind people complaining about the finger print scanner, people not having tickets linked, or people who couldn't figure out Mickey to Mickey.

We just returned Saturday. Many times it seemed as though the AP lines were longer than regular lines.

That was exactly our feelings when we were there 2 weeks ago. A couple times, I tried to go through the regular line, because that line was shorter, but when the CM directed AP holders to the AP line that was so much longer, I felt, not special, but being punished by being made to of through a longer line.

I went to Epcot and MK Saturday and I have to say the things I heard in the AP line at MK were ridiculous. A family of 3, were in the AP line behind my family and were complaining that they felt "regular basic " people were in "their" line and that was just unacceptable. They were literally checking out the line to see who hasn't the AP magic band on. My mother who just got her pass doesn't have a magic band and I was just waiting for them to say something to her.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is yes, the dedicated line is a perk but what makes a person feel better than someone just because they have an AP?!? I was honestly embarrassed by the way they were talking. Where's the Disney magic and kindness when you think your above someone just because of a special line?!?

We loved

We absolutely loved it when we were there in early January. The parks were BUSY (marathon week) and at each park it was a huge time saver. I wrote to Guest Satisfaction and told them what a great bonus it was. They called me back a week later and said how much they appreciated the feedback. I hope they keep it. The lines were a fraction of the size of the regular lines and everybody in them knew the drill so they moved faster.

That was exactly our feelings when we were there 2 weeks ago. A couple times, I tried to go through the regular line, because that line was shorter, but when the CM directed AP holders to the AP line that was so much longer, I felt, not special, but being punished by being made to of through a longer line.

We were never forced to use the AP line over the Christmas holiday. We just picked the shortest line, which often wasn't the AP line. I don't think there is any rule that if you have an AP you *have* to use the AP line...

We were never forced to use the AP line over the Christmas holiday. We just picked the shortest line, which often wasn't the AP line. I don't think there is any rule that if you have an AP you *have* to use the AP line...

There's not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter