Did Y'All Hear About AP Dedicated Lines

Yes just heard about it. Not sure what good it does other than getting you into the park maybe 3 - 4 minutes faster. You still have to stand in line with other AP people and scan your pass so why not get in line with the common folk??

Yes just heard about it. Not sure what good it does other than getting you into the park maybe 3 - 4 minutes faster. You still have to stand in line with other AP people and scan your pass so why not get in line with the common folk??

Because alot of first timers are clueless about the process, and I include myself the first time I used MagicBands. AP holders (theoretically) have been to Disney before are are probably much quicker : they have their pass out, know exactly how to use the MagicBand etc. No doubt it speeds things up. Its like people at the airport going through security who have their ticket out, shoes off, and all their liquids stored in a clear bag versus those who have NOTHING ready by the time its their turn to go through the scanner :)

I have season passes to a much smaller theme park that has these lines. It definitely helps during the busier times. Like PP said, they're seasoned visitors, and know what to have prepared prior to entry. Makes it that much quicker.

The OP of that post is a highly credible source. :thumbsup2

As an AP I am thrilled to not be in line with the "common folk". It is very aggravating to be stuck behind folks who can't scan, put their finger down and get green. It never fails guest after guest there is a problem, or they don't get their finger down in time or the right finger ... and now that kids are scanning, it's worse.

I am super excited about this. I think during the busy season, there will be less local AP holders attending. Because if you lived next door, why would you go at the busiest time:confused3 However, I have an AP, am not local, and will be there during this time. I think it will save a lot of time. Add this to my TSA Precheck, and I am going to feel like a VIP on this trip:thumbsup2

Sounds nice but an AP only bag check line would be even more awesome, at least at MK, thats what takes forever.

Last trip we had the most thorough bag check of our lives at Animal Kingdom. It felt so thorough that I thought I wouldn't need a physical this year:rolleyes: The guy opened my sunglass case. Well, I opened it for him after he almost dropped the glasses of the people in front of me. Mine are prescription and not easily replaced on vacation. He also opened every crevice of my wallet, and the tiny zipper pouches that I use to hold coins for the penny presses. It took him more at least 5 minutes to go through my bag and a tiny backpack that DH had. We had to pull every single item out too and put them on the table. I don't know what could have gotten through that guy. It took me a while to then put everything back in. I couldn't hold it all in my hands, so I had to put it back at the security table. He waited until I finished before starting the people behind me.

If there are lines big enough to NEED a dedicated AP line...not much fun awaits you on the inside of the park based on past experience...have fun!!

So wondering how this will work for our family next trip since we all have AP's except for our 3 year old who we got a park hopper for. (We are more than halfway through our AP's. She just turned 3 and we didn't want to get her on a different AP renewal than us. Figured we'd just get her one next year) How much do you want to bet they won't let her go through with us so perk wasted. Oh well.

I bet it will speed lines up a bit.

I'm a season-ticket holder for my local MLB team and one of our STH "perks" is a STH-only entrance at all four entrances that includes bag check/metal detector. You would think it wouldn't be that big of a difference because there are so many STHs ... but it REALLY does make a significant difference in the time you wait.

I'm very excited about this as an AP-holder. And if they made it to include bag check? I'd be stoked - no more getting stuck behind someone with a huge cooler of food or 97 bags shoved in their stroller that they didn't know they needed to pull out because they've never been to the parks before.

Sounds nice but an AP only bag check line would be even more awesome, at least at MK, thats what takes forever.

AMEN! The Magic Band Line? Inconsequential. Provide AP Holders the equivalent of TSA Pre - even if we have to pay for it, and provide background data.
Really - if you can't acquire SERIOUS data on your AP holders? Who CAN you get it from?

I am all too excited to find out this is true. We arrive in two days and I cannot wait to bypass the "common folk". While some who are experienced visitors have it together, there are most that do not. Meanwhile, I have my band on, I know exactly how to get through the gate.

To answer the original question.... yes, heard about them.

But to date? I have no idea WHICH lines are affected. Security? Main Entrance?

Does anyone have actual data?

The OP of that post is a highly credible source. :thumbsup2

As an AP I am thrilled to not be in line with the "common folk". It is very aggravating to be stuck behind folks who can't scan, put their finger down and get green. It never fails guest after guest there is a problem, or they don't get their finger down in time or the right finger ... and now that kids are scanning, it's worse.

Because there aren't AP Holders that aren't just as clueless.

Security doesn't check for your passes, how would they know who has an AP or not? Honor system? Pfft, yeah, that would work. They aren't going to put scanners at the bag check queues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter