Did Y'All Hear About AP Dedicated Lines

Security doesn't check for your passes, how would they know who has an AP or not? Honor system? Pfft, yeah, that would work. They aren't going to put scanners at the bag check queues.

Didn't say it would work but more the fact that security is where the hold up is on entering park. We have never waited more than a few mins to get through gates after security.

Sure, main entrance lines. Starting tomorrow.
THANK you - just Main Ticketing. Not sure what problem WDW is seeking to fix..... "Main Ticketing" has never been an issue with us (both APs).

Not trying to slam anyone - but this appears to be pretty much a non-event :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Didn't say it would work but more the fact that security is where the hold up is on entering park. We have never waited more than a few mins to get through gates after security.
So how do you propose a bag check line for AP holders?

THANK you - just Main Ticketing. Not sure what problem WDW is seeking to fix..... "Main Ticketing" has never been an issue with us (both APs).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
They are trying to give AP's a perk. This perk is potential shorter lines at the main gate.

It was pretty useful at AK opening today

dsc0482-01-1.jpeg

We used it at AK today. WAY better than waiting behind a line of clueless newbies. Yesterday we saw a kid rehearsing how to scan his card and finger about 10 people before he got to the touchpoints. He STILL didn't get it right.... LOL.

We used the AP only line again today at Epcot. Efficient, but today there was a new twist. Before going to the touch points they had a cast member asking to see your annual pass card because "anyone could claim they are a pass holder". Luckily we had ours with us. Seems to me it would show up when you scanned at the touch point if you were a pass holder or not.

As we were exiting the touch points, we overheard a manager telling another cast member that "guests either need their card, or the slider on their MagicBand that shows they are a pass holder". The first cast member we encountered didn't seem to know that the slider was acceptable for ID, so apparently Disney is still working out the kinks in this system.

Since they didn't actually scan the card, and the cards have looked the same for at least several years, I could have shown the cast member any old card.

I wish if Disney was going to use MagicBands that they would go to them fully. We still have to carry our cards around to get restaurant discounts, and now apparently to get through the AP only lines. One more thing to keep up with.

We used the AP only line again today at Epcot. Efficient, but today there was a new twist. Before going to the touch points they had a cast member asking to see your annual pass card because "anyone could claim they are a pass holder". Luckily we had ours with us. Seems to me it would show up when you scanned at the touch point if you were a pass holder or not.

As we were exiting the touch points, we overheard a manager telling another cast member that "guests either need their card, or the slider on their MagicBand that shows they are a pass holder". The first cast member we encountered didn't seem to know that the slider was acceptable for ID, so apparently Disney is still working out the kinks in this system.

Since they didn't actually scan the card, and the cards have looked the same for at least several years, I could have shown the cast member any old card.

I wish if Disney was going to use MagicBands that they would go to them fully. We still have to carry our cards around to get restaurant discounts, and now apparently to get through the AP only lines. One more thing to keep up with.

Interesting. They didn't require anything of that from us and we went on 12/24.

Now that I know they'll use the sliders I'll be sure to put them on our bands, if I can find them. I thought for sure there would be a way to limit the tap stile to only accept one sort of ticket and there must be because if you didn't have a ticket to enter that day the tap would inform the cast member standing there.

I wouldn't mind this staying and even moving deeper into parks. I would like a AP line for attractions but people would really have a heart attack. I even thought before we should have FL residence lines to get past all the tourists LOL!

I wouldn't mind this staying and even moving deeper into parks. I would like a AP line for attractions but people would really have a heart attack. I even thought before we should have FL residence lines to get past all the tourists LOL!

As an AP, I think having our own dedicated ride line would be stepping a bit too far. Sure, it would be nice, but with fastpass+, I think it unnecessary.

The only place we ended up having our card checked was at Epcot. We used the line the last two days of our trip at MK, and there was no one checking cards at MK.

Obviously not the poster you were talking to, but it just thinking off the top of my head...(used Google Earth for the picture)

I've seen the right most exit (when facing the castle) used as a secondary bag check area in the morning (see the circle in the picture). A cast member can be standing on the outer side of the fence asking to see everyone's AP card (first step verification). Upon showing your AP Card, you go through the bag check (also in the circle of the picture). Once you pass bag check, you start making your way to the metal detector (square in my picture). Once you go through the metal detector you go to the far right (when facing the castle) turnstile. Here you scan your magic band (second step verification) where it will again show that you are an AP...and on your merry way you go.

If they wanted to go crazy, they could also open far left (when facing the castle) exit and have a mirrored set up, so that way AP's getting off the monorail don't have to walk all the way past the main non-AP Holder bag check area.

Honestly, I would kindly walk all the way to the left side or right side if it meant not having to wait in the main bag check area...or even having to deal with the sea of people (we usually don't bring bags in the parks).

upload_2017-1-9_15-5-30.png

Actually, we had way shorter lines for bag check over the Christmas holidays in all parks compared to past trips in May and September. Maybe it was the time of day we showed up at the parks, but we never waited in a line longer that 5 minutes for bag check. Ever. Including Epcot on Christmas day.

We're packing to go home after experiencing bag check at MK, AK, and Epcot. For AK and Epcot, it worked OK-there was a CM at the AP entrance holding a sign to make sure no non-AP ticket-holders used the line. MK, however, was almost the opposite, and I wasn't at all happy. There was a CM in the middle of the entry area with an AP sign, then you were directed to an entrance w-a-y over to the left. But since every other line had 15-20 people in it, I hoped that at least the line would be shorter. Not at all-it had at least 25 people in it, very slow moving, and lots of people who just didn't seem to know how to use the MBs. I felt like they were keeping us AP-holders out of the regular lines and making it take longer.

I wouldn't. And I have an AP. WHY?

This is a security issue - not a class issue. Really, even the "kind of, sort of accelerated ticket check" is fairly pointless. It increases costs, and solves a problem that we've never seen EXIST.

Now - going after the REAL issue.....

Security for pre screened onsite guests - separate from day trippers. Yes, this could be done.

I don't think a pre-screening will ever happen. A separate line, maybe. Pre-screening? Nah.

How about AP Holder ride lines. I couldn't care less about getting through the turn styles.

We found the AP lines to be moderately beneficial. It saved time at AK, and Epcot, but MK was a mixed bag. At MK, the AP entrance was all the way to the left side of the gates and it was a pain to play "Frogger" with the mass of humanity there for opening as we entered the complex from the right side after a ferry ride. One day at MK, we found that the non-AP line next to the AP entrance was actually shorter... but for some reason AP holders kept reflexively getting in the somewhat longer AP line! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!