• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe dining thread

She will have to eat off your plate or someones plate to be free. If not you can pay for a kids meal oop.

-Becca-

We upgraded to the DxDDP in sept. since the dining plan was free. In 2006 we went on the regular dining plan and found we had enough food (appetizers, deserts and tip were included back then!!). This time around were using all the extra TS to try out signarture restaurants; Jiko, narccoossee's and California Grill. Can't wait!!:cool1:

We upgraded to the DxDDP in sept. since the dining plan was free. In 2006 we went on the regular dining plan and found we had enough food (appetizers, deserts and tip were included back then!!). This time around were using all the extra TS to try out signarture restaurants; Jiko, narccoossee's and California Grill. Can't wait!!:cool1:

We thought the same thing since the DDP was free...the upgrade would have been around the cost of the basic DDP. We love the dinner shows and paid OOP last September during free DDP. Now we will have to compare the two plans to see if it worked for us or just purchase the DDE since we will get the APs next year.:wizard:

ETA:

I wish there was a way to bank money ahead when using the DDE and whatever is not used will be refunded.
I think the DDE is a good deal but I just like the knowing with the DDP it's ALREADY paid for. Decisions...decisions :confused3 .

That's true; I could do that!

Let me think this through now that we have our ADRs. They'd get 6 TS credits, but would need 9. And they'd get 6 CS credits but would need (not counting breakfast, which I think they'll likely not be eating most days) 4. Hrm. I guess that would work out -- I'd pay for one 2TS restaurant and one 1 TS restaurant -- but it seems more complicated.

Or am I just worrying too much? :confused:

Your worrying because you want them to enjoy themselves....If your 2TS restaraunts happen to me dinner shows I know you can get a discount with your DDE. :) Someone just told me that today. It seems complicated on paper but realistically it would work smoothly when you receive your bill after dining. However you should keep in mind that before ordering the meals you plan on paying OOP for you should let the sever know and keep your receipts incase a mistake is made. :dance3:

Your worrying because you want them to enjoy themselves....If your 2TS restaraunts happen to me dinner shows I know you can get a discount with your DDE. :) Someone just told me that today. It seems complicated on paper but realistically it would work smoothly when you receive your bill after dining. However you should keep in mind that before ordering the meals you plan on paying OOP for you should let the sever know and keep your receipts incase a mistake is made. :dance3:

That's a very good point! Thank you for helping me, Disney_Angel!

ETA:

I wish there was a way to bank money ahead when using the DDE and whatever is not used will be refunded.
I think the DDE is a good deal but I just like the knowing with the DDP it's ALREADY paid for. Decisions...decisions :confused3 .

You can buy Disney Dollars or Disney Gift Cards to pre-pay your meals when using the DDE. Disney Dollars, I believe, can be converted back to cash. Disney Gift Cards cannot be converted, but can be used for souvenirs, etc. :goodvibes

I've been obsessing over our ADR's for our 6 night POLY stay with Delxue dining plan. Any thoughts on this from anyone? We go to WDW every year, and the parks are not all that important to us, but dining, relaxing, and just wandering are important. No kids, just 2 adults.

Wed
Arrive MCO around 3pm
Dinner at California Grill

Thurs - MK all day
Breakfast at Kona
Lunch at Tonys
Dinner at Ohana
Downtown Disney for shopping at night

Fri - EPCOT all day
Breakfast - CS at POLY or Light snack
Lunch - San Angel Inn
Dinner - Chefs de France
Illuminations

Sat - Relax day - Rent a boat, explore hotels, pool, etc.
Breakfast - GF Cafe
Lunch - Kona Cafe
Dinner - Citricos
Wishes

Sun - MGM most of the day
Breakfast - None (credits for Citricos)
Lunch - Sci Fi
Dinner - Japan @ EPCOT - Teppen Edo
Fantasmic or Mini Golf

Mon - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Open still
Lunch - Yak and Yeti
Dinner - The Wave
No plans for evening yet

Tues - MK in the AM
Breakfast - (credits for Cali Grill)
Lunch - Open still

Hi reedycreek. You sound like my dh and myself. We go to WDW every year for the whole experience. We love the DxDDP because we can relax and eat at some very nice resturants that we wouldn't normally eat at. We also love to wonder around at different resorts and just relax. Your schedule looks great.
Just a thought.....do you have any children, grandchildren or children you may know well? The reason I am asking is that we use our extra snack credits for rice krispy mickey heads and bring them home to our grandchildren and others in our neighborhood. It is a good way to know that we used all the snack credits. Just a thought.

kimis-

thanks for the idea, that is certainly something to consider if we don't use all the snacks. it sure seems like a lot of food on this plan!

Back to the under 3 kids on the DDDP.....
For buffets you can just get an extra plate and pile more on yours for the child right???
At other TS places can you just ask for a plate and give them some of your food???
How do they handle drinks for the u-3 children too????
Thanks

We went to WDW this past Aug/Sept and totally enjoyed the DxDDP!!! There were 8 of us in our group and it was great not to have to worry about food prices or paying out of pocket.

Here's who went DH, me, DBIL, DD, DGS2, DGS9, DGD5, DDBF

We stayed at the All Star Sports in 2 rooms.
Our trip was 10 days, nine nights

Our dining credits were as follows:
Meal credits--adult 135 credits child 54 credits snack credits 126 credits

Here's where and how we did it:

Aug 24--check in day
Breakfast--Crystal Palace used 7 meal credits (baby was free) would have paid OOP w/o tip $128.54
Dinner--Crystal Palace again--used 7 meal credits (OOP-would have been $184.18 [175 meal credits left]

Aug 25
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's --used 7 meal credits--(OOP would have been $150.10
Dinner at the hotel since we went to sea world this day
we used 7 meal credits for this --not sure of the total
[161 meal credits left]
Aug 26
Breakfast at the hotel used 7 credits--not sure of cost
Dinner at Mickey's BBQ--used 14 credits (OOP cost would have been $278.94
[147 meal credits left]

Aug 27
Breakfast at PlayHouse Disney <Hollywood & Vine> used 7 credits (OOP would have been$160.71)
Dinner at Hollywood & Vine used 7 credits (OOP would have been $160.75
[133 meal credits left

Aug 28
Breakfast at Crystal Palace used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $124.54)
Lunch at Cosmic Rays used 8 meal credits (not sure of OOP cost)
Dinner at Chef Mickey's used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $191.64)
[111 meal credits ledt]

Aug 29
Breakfast at Norway Akershus used 7 credits (OOP would have been $192.70)
Dinner at Poly LUAU used 14 meal credits (OOP would have been $328.89)
[90 meal credits left]

Aug 30
Breakfast at Tusker House used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $124.54)
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $216)
[76 meal credits left}

Aug 31
Breakfast at CRT used 14 meal credits (OOP would have been 254.82)
Dinner at the hotel used 7 meal credits (not sure of OOP)
[55 meal credits left]

Sept 1
Breakfast at Ohana used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $145.58)
Lunch at AK Pizzafari used 7 meal credits (not sure of OOP)
Dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo used 14 meal credits (OOP would have been $361.90)
[27 meal credits left]

Sept 2
Breakfast at hotel used 7 meal credits (not sure of OOP)
Counter Service lunch used 7 meal credits (not sure of OOP)
Dinner at Chef Mickey's used 7 meal credits (OOP would have been $ 191.64)
[6 meal credits left]

with the remaining 6 credits we purchased small pizza's for the drive home and also used up our remaining snack credits. (on drinks and snacks--so we didn't have to buy anything on the road except gas and coffee...lol)

We are going again in June and are definately planning on using the DxDDP again. This time we are going to venture and try some different restaurants.

Back to the under 3 kids on the DDDP.....
For buffets you can just get an extra plate and pile more on yours for the child right???
At other TS places can you just ask for a plate and give them some of your food???
How do they handle drinks for the u-3 children too????
Thanks

Anyone?:confused3

this is what I have came up with. I am going to the World from 12/09-12/20 with DD 8 and DS 5.

12/09
10:55am CapeMay Cafe
5:15pm Spirit of Aloha

12/10
8:05am Hollywood and Vine
1:45pm Sci Fi Dine in
8:05pm Flying Fish

12/11
10:00am Grand Floridian Cafe (my kids will be on the pirate cruise)
6:00pm Raglan Road

12/12
8:05am Tusker House
4:00pm Yak and Yeti

12/13
8:05am Crystal Palace
6:10pm Tonys Town Square

12/14
9:00am 1900 Park Fare
5:55pm Liberty Tree Tavern

12/15
11:55am Le Cellier
7:20pm 1900 Park Fare

12/16
1:30pm CRT

12/17
11:30am 50's Prime Time
4:30pm Brown Derby

12/18
8:30am Ohana
5:45pm Biergarten

12/19
9:00am Boma
5:00pm Hoop De Doo Revue

12/20
9:55am Chef mickeys

After we do all of these, I have 6 adult credits left and each child has 7 credits left. I figure I will save this for CS meals if we get hungry on days where our meal times are spread out more.
We are thinking we might do
Cosmic Rays (we might do on MVMCP night we like the food)
Columbia HOuse on the 13th
Wolfgagng Puck in DTD
Morracco on the 18th
might do the pizza deal one night
not sure yet but I am sure we will use them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter