• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe dining thread

pickles

<font color=red>Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someon
yes hard for some folks to believe but not all of us think the ddp is "too much food" and some of us simply like having a known prepaid amount, no budgeting

We are all dying to know how people are faring on the Deluxe ddp

so, if you are on it, please post your exp /info here

Ok, my first question is regarding dining at Morocco. I LOVE the brewat rolls and last time I was there I bought them cash opp

what are the odds I can use my dlxddp to get just the brewat rolls?

Thanks for starting this thread.

Since no one will be forcing us to order/eat everything that's included with the plan, I don't think it's too much food.

I was wondering if the final receipt (the one the customer keeps) will include actual prices as opposed to all zeros.

I'm dying to hear people's experiences too! My family and I will be Deluxe DDPing in December... and I would love to stock up on those great tips!

We are also using the Deluxe DDP in March. I just wanted it to all be covered and let that be one last thing I need to worry about while there. I am sure it will be too much food for us, but we love to eat! LOL!

We're doing the deluxe dining plan for our 1/16-1/20 trip and again in August. Since we eat three meals a day, it seemed like a logical plan. And no one's going to force us to clean our plates. So, I'm not too worried about it being too much food. We mainly chose it to make sure all of our meals were covered. And the best part is that we NEVER have to eat a counter service meal!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: The thought of standing in line for a burger and fries and trying to find an empty table was just not appealing to us.

Since I'm going in less than two weeks :yay: I will be sure to post photos and a complete report on our experience with the deluxe dining plan.

As of right now, here are our ADRs:

CRT (lunch), O'hana (breakfast and dinner) Kona (breakfast), Garden Grill (lunch), Chef Mickey's (dinner), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner), Yak & Yeti, Crystal Palace (lunch), Plaza Restaurant (dinner)

We're doing a lot of character meals because we're celebrating my nephew's 4th birthday.

Anyone else going this month and using the deluxe dining plan?

We're on the DxDP as well, I can't wait!!! We'll be there in 30 days.

We leave in 10 days for 11 nights on the deluxe dining plan. I'll be posting a full food report when we get back, but I might have time for some live updates since I'll have to have a day or two of internet to check in on work anyway. I have 23 ADRs and a total of 88 snack credits to use, so I'm sure there will be lots to tell!

We are going in 4 months - can't wait! We don't like counter service at all, and had eliminated it, until we got DP last summer, and had no choice (we do like Tangeriene Cafe, Earl ofSandwich & Wolgang Express CS only). This plan is perfect for us as we eat 2-3 TS per day and no counter service! Yippee!!

Happy eating to all, Tiger :)

The transition to the new plan was crazy and the waitstaff had quite a bit of trouble the first day. But the plan is still great and, yes, they first bring you a receipt with all the prices on it (that's what you base your tip on!) and then they bring you the zeroed out bill at the end along with the bill for your tip --if you are charging it.
I'm sure they will get it figured out soon and the wait for the check will be less than the 10-20 minutes we experienced the first day.

we are probably changing to deluxe. I just did the math. I choose 16 rest for 18 credits and we would save over $400 on what we would normally have. And that doesn't even include the snacks or cups. I included the tax in my total and took 20% off of CRT as tip is included.

We really arent' too big on sit downs either and for the additional 30/day for hubby and I and 10/for DS...I think it will be worth it to be able to do all sit downs.

It was actually fun looking at the menus, I spread them out breakfast/lunch dinner, too...so it will be good estimate. I'm excited about doing a character breakfast almost every am!! Hopefully my youngest DS doesn't freak at the characters.

The transition to the new plan was crazy and the waitstaff had quite a bit of trouble the first day. But the plan is still great and, yes, they first bring you a receipt with all the prices on it (that's what you base your tip on!) and then they bring you the zeroed out bill at the end along with the bill for your tip --if you are charging it.
I'm sure they will get it figured out soon and the wait for the check will be less than the 10-20 minutes we experienced the first day.

Using the deluxe plan in april.....regular DDP BWV.....
Deluxe DDP at OKW...

Day 1...deluxe

lunch-brown derby
dinner-Olivia's

Day 2...early lunch....Akershus
dinner-Narcosee's

Day 3....early lunch... Yak and Yeti
dinner-Flying Fish

Day 4...DD's birthday:goodvibes
bkfst....Chef Mickey's
Dinner.....Cindy's Royal Table:yay:

Kerri

The value is excellent also. For $79.99, you get 3 meals, table or counter service, 2 snacks, and the resort refillable mug. If you do only table service meals (or at least 2 a day), you definitely save. I am looking forward to bypassing busy counter service lines and heading straight for our table service meal!

The value is excellent also. For $79.99, you get 3 meals, table or counter service, 2 snacks, and the resort refillable mug. If you do only table service meals (or at least 2 a day), you definitely save. I am looking forward to bypassing busy counter service lines and heading straight for our table service meal!

For some reason I thought it was only $69.99/day. Either way, it is an awesome deal! And I totally agree, it will beat the CS food and waits! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter