• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe dining thread

I am very excited about using the Deluxe plan. Like most everyone else here I love that my meals will be paid for and I'll only have to worry about tip and alcohol. It's a lot easier to pay for everything now, while I'm excited about my trip then it would be after the trip was over and I was feeling post-trip depression. And I like that I don't have to be a scrooge and try to convince my 11 year old to order cheap...if she wants steak or beef tenderloin all the better!!! Counting pennies has put a damper on other trips so I'm glad we don't have to worry about it. Since we don't need 3 big meals a day, the plan allows us to eat at the Signature restaurants...something for the grownups to look forward to....it works in everyones favor I think.
My ADRs...
July 6- 1900 Park Fare Dinner
July 7- Princess Storybook Lunch
Flying Fish Dinner
July 8- Hollywood and Vine Character Breakfast
Boma Dinner
July 9- Crystal Palace Breakfast
California Grill Dinner
July 10- Donalds Safari Breakfast
Jiko Dinner
July 11- Chef Mickeys Breakfast
Cinderellas Royal Table Lunch
Yak and Yeti Dinner
July 12- Boma Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch

Definately sounds better than burgers and fries all week!!!!:woohoo:

I meant my 13 year old....why on earth did I say she was 11???? :confused3 :laughing: Hate to see them grow up huh??????

Bumping this up anyone done the deluxe dining plan that can give more reviews likes/dislikes were still on the fence trying to decide :worried: Thanks

We use the DDP as a treat, not a every day requirement. We accomplish this by doing a split stay so we don't have to be on the plan for the entire vacation.

We come to WDW to enjoy the Disney experience, not the restaurant experience. So many people let the DDP become the focal point of their vacation. Being under pressure and having to plan your day around the next ADR is not fun for us. The DDDP has the same issues, only more so.

Dining at Signature restaurants is not the best use of credits and based upon your eating habits, the DDDP may not be the best deal either.

We currently have the DDP for our trip in Nov., but am debating upgrading to the Deluxe version. A couple of questions...

We will be there for 3 nights - so that is a total of 9 meals per stay. Can it be any combination of quick service and table service meals? In other words, we may end up eating more quick service than actual table service - and if that is the case is the deluxe plan worth the money?

Second - our main reason for going was to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table -which we have a ADR for - but we made the ADR before booking our trip. So I paid for the CRT in advance - can they credit my card and now use dining credits?

THANKS!

kjlc - Yes, you may use your credits at any combination of TS and CS on the Deluxe plan. But if you plan on using more CS on this trip I honestly don't know if it would be worth the cost to you and your family. What I did to see if it was worth the cost was to look at the menus to see what we would order then add it up. Yes, it is time consuming, but it is worth it for my peace of mind. Sorry I can't help with your other question about CRT.

I have found this thread very useful. I am on the fence about what to do for 9/2009 regarding dining plans. I have used the ddp in the past, and it worked out well for us. I think that ddp will be a little better for us but I am not sure. I know that I don't want to have ts for every meal, but I will double up for signature and I would like the flexibilty of cs or ts. I need to crunch the numbers and talk to dh.:surfweb: We did spen alot oop last time for breakfast, hhhmmm, my head is spining!

Are appy and desert still included in this plan?

The deluxe plan does include appetizer and dessert, but does not include tip.

I understand the agony of deciding which plan to purchase. :goodvibes

I've got the Deluxe DDP on the reservation I made for my parents (we're treating them to their first trip to WDW this November), but I find myself suddenly on the fence over this, too. My original thought was that it was a great way to pay for their meals in a way that they wouldn't feel obligated to order cheap items off the menu or otherwise economize their son's money. But as I think about how they really eat, I'm coming to the conclusion that it will be a big waste of money. So now I have a choice of either wasting money, or making their dining more awkward!

The only other thing I can think of would be to give them Disney Dollars for their snacks and CS meals, and then pay directly for their TS meals using the DDE card. But I think, again, that they would order not what they want, but what they think would be most economical, if I did that.

Oh, well, I still have a few months to agonize over this. :)

Good luck with your decision!

DDP is regularly priced $69.99 a day. My personal experience...even two meals a day and 2 snacks...I've definitely spent over that amount.
However, I am a no holds barred eater on vacation..and let myself get dessert and a snack or 2 if I want.

So I guess it just depends on your eating personality.

The value is excellent also. For $79.99, you get 3 meals, table or counter service, 2 snacks, and the resort refillable mug. If you do only table service meals (or at least 2 a day), you definitely save. I am looking forward to bypassing busy counter service lines and heading straight for our table service meal!

This was a GREAT tip...at least for our family. I based my ADRs for September on this. Trying to find a table was a nightmare :sad2: . I just want to sit and be waited on. And to be honest by the time you scout the table and sit down and discuss what everyone wants you still hae to send someone to get the food. It may still take the SAME amount of time to dine. :thumbsup2 But I recognize this may NOT be for everyone but it works for our family.

The deluxe plan does include appetizer and dessert, but does not include tip.

I understand the agony of deciding which plan to purchase. :goodvibes

I've got the Deluxe DDP on the reservation I made for my parents (we're treating them to their first trip to WDW this November), but I find myself suddenly on the fence over this, too. My original thought was that it was a great way to pay for their meals in a way that they wouldn't feel obligated to order cheap items off the menu or otherwise economize their son's money. But as I think about how they really eat, I'm coming to the conclusion that it will be a big waste of money. So now I have a choice of either wasting money, or making their dining more awkward!

The only other thing I can think of would be to give them Disney Dollars for their snacks and CS meals, and then pay directly for their TS meals using the DDE card. But I think, again, that they would order not what they want, but what they think would be most economical, if I did that.

Oh, well, I still have a few months to agonize over this. :)

Good luck with your decision!

If they are staying in seperate room is it possible to just get the basic DDP plan for them and pay out of pocket using your DDE for any extras they may need.:idea:

We have the DxDDP for this coming trip in September. We got the free DDP and upgraded to the DxDDP. Well we are already planning our trip for next year :eek: . DH was pretty receptive when I mentoned going to Disney in the fall and at Christmas. So I have been running numbers at the Disney World site and on the fence wether or not to do DxDDP for the Christmas trip. But dear hubby chimed in that we would end up spending more money on the DDP so it just makes sense to get the DxDDP.:santa:

Any thoughts?:idea: :confused:

If they are staying in seperate room is it possible to just get the basic DDP plan for them and pay out of pocket using your DDE for any extras they may need.:idea:

That's true; I could do that!

Let me think this through now that we have our ADRs. They'd get 6 TS credits, but would need 9. And they'd get 6 CS credits but would need (not counting breakfast, which I think they'll likely not be eating most days) 4. Hrm. I guess that would work out -- I'd pay for one 2TS restaurant and one 1 TS restaurant -- but it seems more complicated.

Or am I just worrying too much? :confused:

Dh & I used the DXDP this past May & absolutely loved it! We're going back in August for 2 weeks w/ the kids & plan on using it again. I don't remember the exact figures, but when we were there in May I think we saved over $200 on what we paid for the plan & that was only counted based on our meals, not including the mugs or snack credits. We ate an early TS lunch every day & had a late dinner at a signature restaurant every night. We never felt too full & the quality of food was so much better eating at all TS rather than at CS. We enjoyed having a reservation for each meal & being served by a waitress. We used most of the snack credits to bring things home for the kids. That was the only thing we really weren't hungry for since you get dessert w/ every meal. This summer we're planning on going to a character meal everyday for the kids. Some days we have 2 meals planned & others we have 3. I don't know about other families, but when you have 3 little ones, you really don't get the opportunity to eat much at character meals w/ all of the excitement going on all around us! Another plus is that you get a break from the heat for every meal in the AC & there is no hassel of searching for a table at a CS while one person has to go up & wait in line for food. It was just so relaxed & that is what a vacation is suposed to be about. We typically order the more expensive meals, just because that is the type of food we prefer & it really saves us a lot. We'd definitely spend more money if we were not on the plan. As long as this plan exists & my kids are counted as "kids" at WDW, I think we will be purchasing the DXDP from now on.

We have the DDP for Dec. 08 trip, there are 5 of us, DH, DD 12, DD 8, and DD 2. How does the DDP work for a 2 year old? We have ADR for mostly table service /buffets. I know there will be food I will order that she will not enjoy. Will they give her her own food or will I have to order things she will eat too?
We will be going to Le Celliure, Coral Reef, California Grill, for example. Thanks for any help.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter