• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe dining thread

Okay so here it goes ~ These are all the Adr's I have made for our trip. I may still make some adjustments. And yes I know this will be a lot of food - I hope we can handle it ! Feel free to give any feedback. I have done a lot of research and I will say upfront that these are the resturants that I feel my picky eaters will be the most happy with.

Day 1 : (arriving in the late afternoon)
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

Day 2:
Breakfast: CRT - (2 tbs. credits)
Dinner: Chef Mickey's at Contemp.

Day 3:
Breakfast: Cape May Buffet (Beach club via international gateway)
Lunch: Garden Grill (Future World)
Dinner: Coral Reef (Crab Legs BABY !!)

Day 4:
Breakfast: Boat Wright's (POR - staying here)
Lunch: Prime Time Cafe
Dinner: Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner Package

Day 5: (Sleep-in Day)- Typhoon Lagoon
Breakfast: Boat Wrights
Lunch: Leaning Palms
Dinner: Capt n' Jacks - (downtown disney)

Day 6:
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Cinderella's Gala Feast - (Grand Flor.)

Day 7:
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine Play House Disney Buffet
Lunch: Mama Melrose's
Dinner: Cape May Clam Bake Buffet - via boat

Day 8:
Breakfast: Princess Storybook Buffet
Dinner: Yacht Club Steakhouse - (2 tb. credits) (hubby's b-day)

Day 9: (Sleep-in day) Blizzard Beach
Breakfast: Boatwrights
Lunch: counter service
Dinner: Planet Hollywood

Day 10:
Breakfast: Tusker House Buffet
Lunch: Flame Tree Barb.
Dinner: Le-Cellier

Day 11:
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare (Grand Flor.)
Lunch: The Plaza (main street)
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe' (Wilderness Lodge via boat)

Day 12 :
Breakfast: Boatwrights

Hang out at hotel and catch a bus to airport.

This will leave us with one full meal - I am thinking on the two days ( CRT & YSH) we will use two tableservices at dinner we can share a counterservice meal for lunch if any one wants.

I was really leaning towards the deluxe dining plan at one point, but I ended up changing my mind. Not because it was too much food, but more that it was too much time spent in restaurants! After reading this thread however, I came across someone who was doing 1 credit at a good TS, along with a signature restaurant that used 2 credits each day. Now I'm starting to wonder about switching back to the deluxe again! :rotfl:

I was really leaning towards the deluxe dining plan at one point, but I ended up changing my mind. Not because it was too much food, but more that it was too much time spent in restaurants! After reading this thread however, I came across someone who was doing 1 credit at a good TS, along with a signature restaurant that used 2 credits each day. Now I'm starting to wonder about switching back to the deluxe again! :rotfl:

Just our idea also.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

And no offence to anyone but with the deluxe plan you can eat what you like but nobody puts a gun on your head if you don't eat the whole plate.

The DLDP rocks :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi All-- hope you are having a great weekend. My DH and I came up with a tentative ADR plan for our late Nov/Early Dec trip. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and renting a car with our three girls ages (at that time) 7,5 and 20 months.

I am hoping we can do a few breakfasts using snack credits-- I didn't really want to have an early breakfast every morning.. so I tried to do a few character meals for lunches.

I thought about maybe using one less (2) credit meal and sticking another TS meal in there somewhere too-- or maybe using it that first day..?

Do you all have any suggestions for CS in Epcot for lunch? Sunshine Seasons?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT! Jen

Here is our list:

Sat-- arrive in Orlando around 11
OOP DTD meal-- probably WPE
Dinner- Chef Mickeys

Sun-- MGM day
Breakfast-- snack credits
Lunch- Hollywood and Vine
Dinner-- Flying Fish Cafe (2)

Mon-- MK
Breakfast- snack credits
Lunch-- CRT (2) hopefully!
Dinner-- Narcossee's (2)

Tues-- EPCOT
Breakfast-- Princess Akerhaus
Lunch-- Counter service somewhere
Dinner-- Coral Reef

Wed-- MK
Breakfast-- Crystal Palace
Lunch-- Tony's
Dinner-- Whispering Canyon

Thursday-- AK-MVMCP
Breakfast-- Donald's
Lunch-- Flame Tree
Dinner- LTT

Friday-- Leave Orlando
Breakfast-- Ohana

DH has resisted taking our family to WDW for twelve years on the grounds that it was "too expensive," "too commercial," "too artificial." I finally talked him into letting us go this spring. He is a real foodie and I think he will love the dining if nothing else. But I knew that if he had to pay those checks for the five of us three times a day it would make him sick. Therefore, I bought and paid for the DXDDP with wine when I booked our trip last October. He howled and yowled when the credit card bill came. He stormed and hollered. But that was four months ago. Now he has forgotten about it. I know that when we sit down to eat and he can order whatever appies he wants (and order for the kids too!) and feel like it is all "for free" he can have a great time. He won't have any problem paying tips with all that other stuff covered. It's not that we need all that food, but I decided to spend some extra $$ up front in order to smooth the way once we get to WDW. That may be the craziest reason anyone has ever given for DXDDP w/wine, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Just popping over to say hello. We've had the Premium Dining Plan twice, the Silver Plan once (this is before the official DDP came into existence), and now are trying the Deluxe Plan. Feel free to ask questions of us if you have them. We are pretty much experts by now! ;)

DH has resisted taking our family to WDW for twelve years on the grounds that it was "too expensive," "too commercial," "too artificial." I finally talked him into letting us go this spring. He is a real foodie and I think he will love the dining if nothing else. But I knew that if he had to pay those checks for the five of us three times a day it would make him sick. Therefore, I bought and paid for the DXDDP with wine when I booked our trip last October. He howled and yowled when the credit card bill came. He stormed and hollered. But that was four months ago. Now he has forgotten about it. I know that when we sit down to eat and he can order whatever appies he wants (and order for the kids too!) and feel like it is all "for free" he can have a great time. He won't have any problem paying tips with all that other stuff covered. It's not that we need all that food, but I decided to spend some extra $$ up front in order to smooth the way once we get to WDW. That may be the craziest reason anyone has ever given for DXDDP w/wine, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it!

This one made me chuckle, and I have to say the same kind of applies to us! Paying the bills every day we're there would cause lots of crabbiness, now he'll order the most $$ thing on the menu everywhere and feel like he's getting one over on the mouse. :lmao: Hey, whatever works!!

Are there any more reports on the DxDP. I am really wanting to hear some more of the positives and negatives of the plan. Thanks

what a great thread! I love the family A & B stories. We are for sure family B. I was never really interested in the reg dining plan bc on our trips we pretty much do all ts and love the signature! I am looking forward to using this.

Can someone tell me what kind of credit is used for room service. I read that someone ordered or will be ordering roomservice for breakfast and we love to do this!

Is it possible to go to a restaurant and order the meal but have them package it to go? Then we could take it back to the room.

Is it possible to go to a restaurant and order the meal but have them package it to go? Then we could take it back to the room.

Not likely. They don't want you to share the dining plan food. They will let you take your desert to go, but not the meal.

Here are my ADR's for my family's trip in June. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Wed, June 11 Arrive @10:45
Lunch @ the resort
Visit the pool
Dinner @The Yacht Club’s Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:30pm
Visit a park to view fireworks

Thurs, June 12 Breakfast @ Contemporary’s Chef Mickey’s Character Breakfast 7:30am
Go to Magic Kingdom
Snack in the Park
Dinner @ The Polynesian’s Ohana 6:55pm

Fri, June 13 Breakfast @ Pop Century
Go to Epcot
Lunch @ Teppen Edo 12pm
Dinner @Coral Reef 6:10pm

Sat, June 14 Breakfast @ Pop Century
Go to Animal Kingdom
Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
Go to Hollywood Studios
Dinner @ Hollywood & Vine 5:20pm (preferred seating for Fantasmic)
Fantasmic Show

Sun, June 15 Breakfast @ Pop Century
Go to Blizzard Beach
Lunch at Lotta Wotta
Narcoossee's for dinner 6:55pm

Mon, June 16 Breakfast
Go to Hollywood Studios
Lunch @ Sci-Fi Dine In Theater 1:20pm
Dinner @ California Grill in the Contemporary 8pm

Tue, June 17 Open for anything, last chance to see stuff we have missed in the morning.
Leave for airport by 3:30
Depart 5:55

We purchased the deluxe plan for our 11 night trip in November. Just waiting for the park hours to finalize. We too do not need a huge breakfast with all of those snack credits so we will be doing a few signature dinners.
I'll list my ADR's when they are close to being done.
Enjoy folks!!

Deluxe Plan here we come...5 days and I am so happy.

5/6- Arrival day @4pm:cloud9:
7:00pm dinner at Artist Point

5/7-MK day 1:cheer2:
CS in Park
6:30pm dinner Flying Fish

5/8-DHS (boy do I hate calling it that:confused3 )
10am breakfast at Kona
6:30pm dinner at 50's PTC

5/9-Typhoon Lagoon
CS in park
5:15 dinner Teppan Edo

5/10-AK
1:00pm Lunch at Tusker House
9:20pm dinner at CA Grill

5/11-MK day 2
9:05 breakfast at CP
5:30pm dinner at HDDR

5/12-Half Epcot/Half water park
8:50am Princess Breakfast Norway
8:10pm dinner at Narcoosees

5/13-Epcot
DATW:rolleyes1 +Snacks ATW
5:50 dinner at Brown Derby

5/14- Departure day:-( Possible trip around the lazy river at TL;-)

I am so excited, but I am losing my voice and have a sore throat:sick: . I am HOPING its allergy related, but I am tired so gotta keep up with my happy thoughts!!
CANT WAIT!!CANT WAIT!!CANT WAIT!!CANT WAIT!!:yay:

We just upgraded from the basic to the deluxe plan. (After some major number-crunching! :teacher: ) W/ the basic, we were paying OOP for 2 meals plus CRT plus any appetizers, so we decided that an upgrade to the deluxe would really only cost us about 200.00 plus we'd get some extra meals. You know, Disney math! :lmao:

Anyway, here's our new ADR schedule:

June 16, Monday - Arrival Day - MK afternoon/evening

Lunch - counter-service in the MK
Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern

June 17, Tuesday - Epcot Day/"Whatever-Strikes-Us" Evening

Breakfast - split 2 meals at Roaring Forks (counter-service)
Lunch - Garden Grill
Dinner - either WS counter-service or Spoodles (haven't made an ADR for Spoodles yet, though)

June 18, Wednesday - MK Day/"Whatever-Strikes-Us" Evening

Breakfast - split 2 meals at Roaring Forks
Lunch - Crystal Palace
Dinner - Kona

June 19, Thursday - Disney Studios Day/Evening

Lunch - Sci-Fi Dine-In
Dinner - Mama Melrose (FDP)

June 20, Friday - "Whatever-Strikes-Us" Morning/Epcot Afternoon & Evening

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's
Lunch - Sunshine Seasons (counter-service)
Dinner - Le Cellier

June 21, Saturday - MK morning/resort afternoon & evening

Lunch - CRT
Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe

June 22, Sunday - AK day/MK evening

Lunch - Flame-Tree BBQ (counter-service)
Dinner - California Grill

June 23, Monday - Epcot Morning/MK afternoon & evening

Lunch - Coral Reef
Dinner - Ohana

June 24, Tuesday - Departure Day - MK morning/DTD afternoon

Breakfast - Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch - Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express

I'd like to switch California Grill & Ohana, but I can't get an ADR at Ohana for June 23. I'd also like to switch Grand Floridian Cafe & Chef Mickey's, but I can't get an ADR at Chef Mickey's for June 24.

Other than that, how's it look? :cool2:

I've read through the deluxe threads and haven't seen this question come up: we've done the basic plan several times, and often shared a meal (well, when appetizers were still included). Is this allowed with the Deluxe plan...meaning: the three of us on the Dining Plan order two meals worth of food not three...? Anyone know? Thanks.

CoasterAddict- This is how our family dines whether on the DDP or not, we share meals. This way we eat what we like in the amounts we like. My 11 yr old will only eat off the kids menu in some restaurants, so I pay OOP for her there. No problems whatsoever. I have one night booked at Pop for just my kids and I before checking into Windsor Hills for 7 nights when hubby will join us. Since they (finally!:banana: ) made DDP available to AP holders, I booked the package w/DDP, then decided after looking at it more closely, to upgrade to DXDDP. We also have DDE...love the 20% off my wine!:goodvibes We like signature restaurants for most of our dining, getting an appetizer, not to mention the extra snacks and mug, so the DXDDP is a good option for us. We have done free DDP and found we used up more snack credits than counter service.

As for the DXDDP, it seems to be set up the same way with all the credits together so you use them however you like. We'll have 9 credits between the 3 of us (all adults on the plan) to use over 2 days. Plus 6 snack credits, which I expect to collect some treats those two days to be consumed during the rest of our stay.

Here's my plan...

Day One:
Lunch at Chefs de France: 3 of us sharing 2 credits
Dinner at Flying Fish: 2 of us sharing 2 credits, paying OOP for 11yr old's kid's meal

Day Two:
Lunch at Crystal Palace: 3 credits
Dinner at California Grill: 2 of us sharing 2 credits, paying OOP for 11yr old's kid's meal

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...cific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08DeluxeDining.pdf

Using Your Meals
Use your meals and snacks in any order throughout your package stay until your total is depleted.

For example, on the day of arrival, a party with 2 Guests ages 10+ and 2 Guests ages 3-9
could use a total of 8 meals (4 for Guests ages 10+ and 4 for Guests ages 3-9). On Day 2,
the party could use a total of 12 meals (6 for Guests ages 10+ and 6 for Guests ages 3-9),
and 8 Snacks (4 for Guests ages 10+ and 4 for Guests ages 3-9). You can continue using
meals/snacks for the rest of your package stay until each person has depleted his/her
allotted meals/snacks.

Redeeming Your Meals
The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan must be redeemed at the time a meal or snack is purchased.
To save time at checkout, present your Key to the World card to your server or cashier prior
to ordering and specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 10+
on your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan and the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for
Guests ages 3-9 on your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. Tell the server or cashier to charge those
meals or snacks to your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. You may not use your Key to the World
card to redeem meals or snacks for Guests who are not on your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan.

Tracking Your Meals
Your meal usage will be tracked electronically to your package reservation. Each time
you redeem meals or snacks from your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, your server or cashier
will provide you with a receipt showing your remaining balance for that portion of your
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan.

For example, if your party with 2 Guests ages 10+ and 2 Guests ages 3-9 started with a total
of 40 Meals and Snacks (20 for Guests ages 10+ and 20 for Guests ages 3-9) and everyone
in your party used 1 Meal, your paid receipt from the cashier would indicate a balance of 36
Meals and Snacks (18 for Guests ages 10+ and 18 for Guests ages 3-9) for the remainder of
your package stay.

Contact your hotel concierge at any time for your meal plan balance. All unused meals and
snacks expire at midnight on your package reservation check-out date.

If I remember, lol, I'll post back when I return. I expect it to work the same way though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter