• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2014 watch

Well we decided to switch to BW club level with the discount rather than BC standard with no discount. Disappointed we couldn't get BC was really excited to try something new. Oh well! Maybe in February! Lol!

I called this morning. We had a Woods view room booked at the WL 12/6 to 12/12. We had to change to bunk bed woods view room which is $40 extra per night in order to get the 30% discount. We saved $492 from our original booking price even with the $40 per night added on. :)

We called around one something, and woods view was available for 13 -22 :confused3

Tried to apply the discount for our Yacht Club rooms for the first week of December and there was no availability. Looks like its rack rate for us. Terrible selection this morning and a little heads up from Disney (like usual) would have been nice. Oh well.

I was able to get one night at the Grand Floridian for our pre-package stay, so I guess that's something.

Was considering switching to contemporary but they must have almost nothing available because no matter what dates I click, it's sold out. Is it true that they are only offering 20% instead of 30% like other deluxe?

Orbitz seems to have a fairly decent selection of rooms available (at least they did for my dates) and you can stack promo EMAIL15 on top of the new late fall promo for an additional 15% off.

I booked a courtyard view, which was the cheapest thing available, but I don't hate that view category! This brought me to a total of 40% off all told for my mid-December weekend Wilderness Lodge stay. Disney rack rate: $587.62 per night inclusive of tax, Orbitz rate: $367.55 per night inclusive of tax (I also had Orbucks for this booking which brought me down to $355.52 inclusive).

UMMMM thank you Disney for making it so easy to give up all my money! LOL. I am also AP but can't imagine the AP rate will be 40% off... and if for some reason it is, I can cancel up to 5 days before check-in. I love Orbitz. :love:

Now... if only I could stop kicking myself for wiping out my savings on this... Can't wait for my first holiday trip to WDW!!!!

Was considering switching to contemporary but they must have almost nothing available because no matter what dates I click, it's sold out. Is it true that they are only offering 20% instead of 30% like other deluxe?

One last thing - the Disney site was really glitchy earlier when I was first checking rates. I had to click around for a while before it showed me any availability at ALL for the late fall rates, then suddenly it was wide open. I have no idea what's up with that :confused3

Yes. I booked a Garden Wing Deluxe room earlier today and the CM told me it was only a 20% discount. Oh well. At least it's something.

I had to switch from Beach Club to Wilderness Lodge Villas Studio, but I saved $1000! I am wondering if I should have just upgraded to CL? The only thing is I don't think we'll be in the room that often to justify CL. I'm just so excited to save that much money. I also saved one of my best friends over $300... she did not know about the offer:cool1: Hooray for saving money!

We called around one something, and woods view was available for 13 -22 :confused3

Could be our dates. I noticed yesterday on the site, when I put in our dates only two options were available: courtyard view and woods view bunkbed, but when I changed the dates there was woods view available. I guess they were sold out for woods view when I called.

I was only able to get resort I wanted by switching our dates... Those rooms went fast. Does disney tend to open up more rooms as things book up?

Orbitz seems to have a fairly decent selection of rooms available (at least they did for my dates) and you can stack promo EMAIL15 on top of the new late fall promo for an additional 15% off.
I've never booked with Orbitz, but I was hoping for WL for our first holiday season trip and Disney's website does not have any availability for our dates.

When you say "on top of the new late fall promo" do you mean that Orbitz has already changed their rates to match what they would be from Disney's site? I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything else that I need to add other than the EMAIL15 code. :)

Their rates were kind of confusing for AKL... I got really excited by what appeared to be a fantastic rate $100 a night below Disney's... but then I noticed there are 2 sets of rates and the low ones don't include resort benefits?!

I've never booked with Orbitz, but I was hoping for WL for our first holiday season trip and Disney's website does not have any availability for our dates. When you say "on top of the new late fall promo" do you mean that Orbitz has already changed their rates to match what they would be from Disney's site? I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything else that I need to add other than the EMAIL15 code. :) Their rates were kind of confusing for AKL... I got really excited by what appeared to be a fantastic rate $100 a night below Disney's... but then I noticed there are 2 sets of rates and the low ones don't include resort benefits?!

All of the Disney rooms available on Orbitz have all the disney benefits you would get booking through Disney but the rates that say "resort benefits" is essentially a placeholder instead of saying "0% off" LOL. You can link your Orbitz reservation on MDE and order magic bands, select FP+ if you have tickets, etc. I've already done this for the booking I made last night!

To answer your question, yes, the Disney offers should all automatically show up on Orbitz and you don't have to type in anything extra to get the Disney late fall offer. In order to "stack" the discounts just be sure you select a room with the discounted rate on Orbitz (for WL it was 30%, not the "resort benefits" rack rate rooms) and add in the promo. The 15% comes off the discounted rate so that's why you get a total of around 40% off versus 45%.

Be sure to sign up for a loyalty account and collect your Orbucks for your next trip! Let me know if I can help further :)

All of the Disney rooms available on Orbitz have all the disney benefits you would get booking through Disney but the rates that say "resort benefits" is essentially a placeholder instead of saying "0% off" LOL. You can link your Orbitz reservation on MDE and order magic bands, select FP+ if you have tickets, etc. I've already done this for the booking I made last night!
Oh! I was worried that maybe somehow they had these special low rates that didn't let you get the MDE stuff. I am glad I asked because I probably would have just booked the other one thinking I was not going to be able to do magic bands and FP+ and what not!

Hmmmm, now I am faced with a decision... I was expecting to pay ~$350 a night for either WL or AKL, but now I could do AKL pool for ~$250 or stay at $350 and get AKL savannah. :)

Hmmmm, now I am faced with a decision... I was expecting to pay ~$350 a night for either WL or AKL, but now I could do AKL pool for ~$250 or stay at $350 and get AKL savannah. :)

That is a tough choice since both are so beautifully themed! I have never stayed at AKL but like the transportation options at WL so that's why it was my "dream" holiday resort. Good luck with your decision!

That is a tough choice since both are so beautifully themed! I have never stayed at AKL but like the transportation options at WL so that's why it was my "dream" holiday resort. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for your help! My reservation is successfully into MDE already. :)

We ended up with pool view AKL for $245.64 a night (including tax), which is not as good as it seemed this morning because I see that if I actually try to book AKL, it gives me the same rate as Orbitz for pool view (but I did save the extra 15% and got the Orbucks). I had thought the Orbitz one was a lot better because if I just search all resorts, it shows me $356.44 (not including tax) a night in the results for AKL, which is the savanna view rate. I would have only expected it to show that if there was nothing below savanna view available, but it says that pool view is still available if you go to book it.

Oh well, the Orbitz coupon paid for the tax and then some! :) :cheer2:

Did she get it in an email, snail mail, or just called and checked?

Email yesterday. Looked just like current offer. we almost dismissed it, but I decided to click the link in the email. I called as soon as I realized what we had.

If you book a room on Orbitz, I understand how you can link the reservation to your magical experience account. But how do you add members of your travel party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter