December 2013: We just booked!

It doesn't sound crazy at all, since that is something I want to do, too. ;) We are arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I want to head over to MK and ride the railroad train just so I can see what it looks like when the park is a ten. We will be at WL, so it won't be too difficult. If the crowds don't look to scary, we might even get off the train and walk around. :)

We're arriving that day too! I made a dinner ADR at CRT, and that's the ONLY plans I have for MK that night. I'm just going to be picking up the pieces after DD's head explodes :lmao:

We're arriving that day too! I made a dinner ADR at CRT, and that's the ONLY plans I have for MK that night. I'm just going to be picking up the pieces after DD's head explodes :lmao:

An ADR at CRT on arrival day sounds perfect. :goodvibes Is your daughter going to wear a princess dress for dinner? Our three year old granddaughter loved all the princesses when we were at WDW in February. That is such a great age for the characters because the kids that age really believe that they are meeting the real princess. :)

We are going to have dinner at our favorite restaurant, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Then we will either walk into Epcot or head over to see the Osborne lights at HS. I'm not sure which one we'll do. But the goal is to avoid MK at all costs that night. ;)

An ADR at CRT on arrival day sounds perfect. :goodvibes Is your daughter going to wear a princess dress for dinner? Our three year old granddaughter loved all the princesses when we were at WDW in February. That is such a great age for the characters because the kids that age really believe that they are meeting the real princess. :)

We are going to have dinner at our favorite restaurant, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Then we will either walk into Epcot or head over to see the Osborne lights at HS. I'm not sure which one we'll do. But the goal is to avoid MK at all costs that night. ;)

I don't blame you for wanting to avoid MK that night! Our "problem" is that first night we are staying at BLT in a theme park view room, so I figured it would be nearly impossible to avoid MK. Especially since to DD it's all about the castle!

I am going to be bringing a couple princess gowns for DD, we will see if she wants to wear it that first night. She has some beautiful princess pajama dresses, so she might prefer that (those things are gorgeous!) :)

I want to book a carriage ride for arrival night (I think), but we haven't bought our flights yet, so I have no idea what time to book for. Hopefully thy don't book up too quickly.

I want to book a carriage ride for arrival night (I think), but we haven't bought our flights yet, so I have no idea what time to book for. Hopefully thy don't book up too quickly.

Hello again February planning friend:wave2:

I booked a carriage ride the other day for December 21st. I am assuming you mean the ones at Fort Wilderness?
I don't know how booked they were, but I got my first choice of date and time.:)
Have you thought of booking one right now for another night you might like, and then cancelling it if you can get the arrival night reservation later on?

Hello again February planning friend:wave2:

I booked a carriage ride the other day for December 21st. I am assuming you mean the ones at Fort Wilderness?
I don't know how booked they were, but I got my first choice of date and time.:)
Have you thought of booking one right now for another night you might like, and then cancelling it if you can get the arrival night reservation later on?

Hi February friend!! Lol. I thought about that just after I posted this. Lol. Thanks for rinsing me. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

We're going the first week of December. DH has been to WDW once before, several years ago over Christmas. Will be first ever WDW trip for me and our 4-yr-old DD. With lots to do, 12 weeks suddenly feels like not very long. Time to get busy. :)

We're going the first week of December. DH has been to WDW once before, several years ago over Christmas. Will be first ever WDW trip for me and our 4-yr-old DD. With lots to do, 12 weeks suddenly feels like not very long. Time to get busy. :)

Funny.. because the 97 days I have left to go feels like an absolute eternity:rotfl:.
This is a surprise for our kids, and they have been laying it on HEAVY this week. They keep saying they don't care how far away it is, they just want to pick a date so they can start a countdown and plan a trip.:rolleyes1
Then my husband and I launch into all the reasons why it's just not a good idea this year, and how we'll pick a date when we know a little bit more about the schedule next year and blah blah blah. They have NO idea and it's killing me not to blurt it out.
However I know my kids and they will react very very well to a surprise so it's worth it to keep waiting...even if it kills me:rolleyes1

Funny.. because the 97 days I have left to go feels like an absolute eternity:rotfl:.

This is a surprise for our kids, and they have been laying it on HEAVY this week.

Surprise here too ... and we only have like 88 days until we check in but it feels like forever! So much to get through before we leave!

Anyone else still feel the need to tweak their December plans, despite it only being 2 months away?!
:rotfl:

For the past few days, I've been torn on whether or not to do a split stay at 2 resorts. The main reason being I'm unable to get any discount for our current room at Pop. If I stayed for 4 nights at Pop, then switched to AKL, I could get a military rate for those last 3 nights.
It sounds so tempting, but my DH, DM, and myself will have a 7 month old baby with us. It's a gamble. Could be a great decision to stay a few nights in a deluxe (which we've never done before) or it could be a disaster! :lmao:
Decisions, decisions....

Anyone else still feel the need to tweak their December plans, despite it only being 2 months away?!
:rotfl:

For the past few days, I've been torn on whether or not to do a split stay at 2 resorts. The main reason being I'm unable to get any discount for our current room at Pop. If I stayed for 4 nights at Pop, then switched to AKL, I could get a military rate for those last 3 nights.
It sounds so tempting, but my DH, DM, and myself will have a 7 month old baby with us. It's a gamble. Could be a great decision to stay a few nights in a deluxe (which we've never done before) or it could be a disaster! :lmao:
Decisions, decisions....

I keep changing mine. Mostly ADRs. I change my mind about what I want to do. Bad thing is its hard to get the perfect ADR. We also had to drop a day. My ILs are staying with the kids and we were going to come home On a Sun but they want us back Sat so they can rest Sun. So we decided to go early on Tues instead of late so we will make up that day some what.

Trip is 80 days away! Feels like 4ever! Dec. 1-8 free dining at CBR. Haven't been in Dec. before & we are so excited! Just a bit nervous about the weather. I've been in June, Aug., & Sept. It was HOT on all of those trips!

I am a notorious reservation changer. In fact, I had quite the reputation in the August 2012 thread, that has followed me for awhile now:rotfl:. There's just too many options for me. I can see reasons to stay just about anywhere :rolleyes1.
I haven't changed resorts for this upcoming trip, and that is only because I rented points and I can't:rotfl:. Well that, and I really wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge for the Christmas Holidays. I think I booked back in April or so .
Where's everyone else staying?:)

I am a notorious reservation changer. In fact, I had quite the reputation in the August 2012 thread, that has followed me for awhile now:rotfl:. There's just too many options for me. I can see reasons to stay just about anywhere :rolleyes1.
I haven't changed resorts for this upcoming trip, and that is only because I rented points and I can't:rotfl:. Well that, and I really wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge for the Christmas Holidays. I think I booked back in April or so .

We are staying at our condo that we bought earlier this year. It's so great!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wilderness Lodge sounds like a beautiful place to be in December! :goodvibes

We have a Royal Room at POR booked with free dining. My daughter will turn 7 in Disney and she really wants to eat at Cinderella's Castle. But we have AP's so we really don't need extra park tickets and I would be just as happy staying at Pop with a RO discount. We could save a ton of money......

Did I mention I also have the Dolphin booked?? :rolleyes1 I can't seem to let that go yet.

We are staying at our condo that we bought earlier this year. It's so great!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Now that sounds amazing!!!! My parents had a condo in Florida when I was younger and I loved it! :love: That would be something I would be interested in purchasing. How far is your condo from Disney??

Wilderness Lodge sounds like a beautiful place to be in December! :goodvibes

We have a Royal Room at POR booked with free dining. My daughter will turn 7 in Disney and she really wants to eat at Cinderella's Castle. But we have AP's so we really don't need extra park tickets and I would be just as happy staying at Pop with a RO discount. We could save a ton of money......

Did I mention I also have the Dolphin booked?? :rolleyes1 I can't seem to let that go yet.

That's a tough choice. I LOVE POR, and we stayed there for our February trip. I think a little girl would just be in love with that room. The Dolphin.. well I've never stayed there, but that is my favourite location hands down. You can't beat walking to two parks! Maybe a split stay?

That's a tough choice. I LOVE POR, and we stayed there for our February trip. I think a little girl would just be in love with that room. The Dolphin.. well I've never stayed there, but that is my favourite location hands down. You can't beat walking to two parks! Maybe a split stay?

A split stay would be a great idea if we were staying longer. We are coming from Toronto for only three nights. :crazy: I know my daughter would love POR (we've stayed at POFQ before) but I'm not sure the dining plan would be worth it for us for only three days.

As for the Dolphin.....I absolutely love this location as well and I could never justify the Beach Club prices. We could stay for about $230 per night at the Dolphin which includes taxes and service charges and that also factors in the transportation cost to and from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter