• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2009 Code Watch

To Anyone, when you got your reservation e-mail, does it show up as Magic your way pkg + free dine? This should be for basic dining, I think. I assume if you have quick or deluxe it will say magic your way pkg + free dine quick service or deluxe, right?

Another Q, I'm getting nervous about all the talk about crowds for December. I'm going Nov 30-Dec 10. I've gone in Sept twice and had low waits and 60-90 (occasional 120) for headliners at times (about the same in January, but with more crowds in park). What should I expect for beg. of December?

Thanks

That's what my email confirmation says. We were there Nov 27- Dec2 last year. Thnksgiving day was a little rough, but the rest of the trip was really low crowds. I don't know how FD is going to effect that though.

from an ad at the top of the DIS boards, - I called and was able to get a room only discount at AKL for 12/5 (one night) normally it's like $350 and I got a Savannah view with bunk beds for $274.50 (incl tax). WOOHOO!!
Apparently its now a code for room only discounts! Up to 35% off between october 4 and 12/24. It's on the main DIS page and on the official WDW page. It appears you can use it to make it into a package too.

Hahaha well it would probably be faster to drive one over to you then to meet you in Disney lol!:rotfl2:

Oh... and look at our cute little tickers - we're from the same place and going to Disney the same day - you'd think we planned this!

Oh... and look at our cute little tickers - we're from the same place and going to Disney the same day - you'd think we planned this!

If they sell mickey bars around here I am sure I could find them! That is really funny! I'll be at the Wilderness from the 4th-13th...where will you be?

If they sell mickey bars around here I am sure I could find them! That is really funny! I'll be at the Wilderness from the 4th-13th...where will you be?

Ugh-oh, someone's ticker is off!!! We are going the 6th - 11th and staying at Caribbean Beach. How early is your flight? You flying Logan or Green?

P.S. - I sent you a PM so we don't hi-jack the thread LOL

This was sort of weird: I was calling to make a change to my Sept. reservation and on a whim asked about the bounceback I booked at GF for Dec. 18-21. I had the CM use the recent room only code (KHP) and...it worked! Even though the dates say it ends 12/17. The bounceback was still slightly better, but the KHP code did give a pretty good discount off rack rate. Just thought I'd pass that along.

This was sort of weird: I was calling to make a change to my Sept. reservation and on a whim asked about the bounceback I booked at GF for Dec. 18-21. I had the CM use the recent room only code (KHP) and...it worked! Even though the dates say it ends 12/17. The bounceback was still slightly better, but the KHP code did give a pretty good discount off rack rate. Just thought I'd pass that along.

The discounted room rate codes as stated on wdwinfo go through 12/24. Although they do increase slightly as you get closer to Christmas. I called and got a discount on our one night 12/20-12/21. $47 cheaper than rack rates on value (not bad).

Just saw the "room only" discounts for Dec. and will have to compare to FD offer that we got.
Can't believe there are so many discounts for Dec. this year. :banana:

Yeah - so much math for us to do! I was really excited about the room discount because I didn't need/couldn't use free dining.
It makes me think that the bookings must be WAY down for fall. Yay for us! Hopefully they will have enough that they won't cut down too much on shows and hours, but not so many that it's too crowded! Gosh, I'm not too picky am I? :confused3
As Sally said in When Harry met Sally, "I just want it the way I want it".

I just used the room only discount for Christmas Eve at the GF!!
I'm so happy! I would never be able to pay the regular rate there.
Only 5 more months!!

So far the Free Dining PIN we got seems to be the best. :woohoo: Now I have to find some cheap airfare. :scratchin

Free dining for us would have cost me more! :scared1: The room discount saved us about $85. Anything we save on the room or dining I am sure will go back to WDW when we hit the shops! :rotfl2:

so I have been following this thread patiently waiting for a discount....then it finally comes out. I call and the CM says "this discount does quality for the resort you are staying at but the limit for the resort has been filled"

WHAT!! :worship:

The CM said I can continue to keep calling..maybe someone will change their ressie.

And this saga continues on......

I may change our reservation to room discount only. I can get a super deal on park tickets thru my brother inlaw. Would save us about 500 dollars. Will find out tonight. Holding my breath that he can get the ticket discount.:worship:

so I have been following this thread patiently waiting for a discount....then it finally comes out. I call and the CM says "this discount does quality for the resort you are staying at but the limit for the resort has been filled"

WHAT!! :worship:

The CM said I can continue to keep calling..maybe someone will change their ressie.

And this saga continues on......

Awwww, bummer. :sad2: What resort? Do you guys not want to switch to get the deal? :confused3 Are you trying to get free dining or the room only?

We are staying at Fort Wilderness in our camper. The campsites don't qualify for the dining plan; but the room code does apply. Hoping someone will change their ressie so that I can apply the code.
I have thought it over and over before the codes came out....to possibly switching. But my husband really really wants to camp and then if we switch I have to figure out what to do with the dog for a week......it never ends!

Yeah - so much math for us to do! I was really excited about the room discount because I didn't need/couldn't use free dining.
It makes me think that the bookings must be WAY down for fall. Yay for us! Hopefully they will have enough that they won't cut down too much on shows and hours, but not so many that it's too crowded! Gosh, I'm not too picky am I? :confused3
As Sally said in When Harry met Sally, "I just want it the way I want it".

ha!! That's exactly how I fee!! Have they ever offered FD in Dec before? I don't remember ever hearing about it. The code offered for room discount wasnt available for me. I asked about it...not sure if it was because it was the CR or the ThemePark view or what. Just thankful to get the FD!!!
I think attendance must be super low...I read somewhere (can't remember what thread) that this offers are just to get the #s up TO normal, so at this point they must be low. I think we are looking good for Dec!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter