• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2008 Code Watch

OK - just called again to check one more time with UWI. The CM told me I could not apply that discount code because I already booked the trip. This code was only for those booking 9/25 through 10/18 with travel dates between 10/19 and 12/23.

Does that make sense?

I called and asked the price of QXD compared to UWI and UWI was about $30 more... so we just stayed with QXD.

Our package with UWI was more $$, but included the DDP, so for us it was worth it. With UWI, the DDP came out to about 25 bucks a night per adult.

It's so interesting the way certain codes work differently for certain reservation.

To those who haven't found any luck with the codes, I'm sending some pixie dust your way!! I couldn't find anything for our last trip, but have somehow lucked out this time around. Fingers crossed that you find something that works for you!:flower3:

Our Nov 30-Dec 6 POR package was going to be $75 more with the new code! :confused3 So we kept what we had. I have had no luck with disney visa free dining,or this new deal! Send me some pixiedust: please! Either way we are still going to the World!:woohoo:

Does anyone know if I can book using a discount code online?:confused3

Also, (I am so out of the loop right now LOL) what is the best deal

Right now I have the POP for Dec 14/18 for $54 a night using the AL/GA code but I was thinking about the Caribbean beach or Wilderness Lodge. I would do the dining plan only if it was $25 or less per day.

I do have a disney visa.

Thanks

We are also supposed to be at AKL that same week. I am wondering if the FD would be a better discount than the one we have. Need to get my TA on the ball. I knew about FD before she did. :headache:

we saved almost $700 with the visa FD package for 2 adults w/ 7 day hoppers. i just called and was told that UWI would add $200 to our package, so visa FD is definitely better for us, good luck.

I have done the same thing....they keep telling me persistance pays off, but i'm with you, no luck here!! Oh well...we're still going to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Right there with ya. It's maddening! I think it says on my reservation "Do not give this woman a code."

It would have been nice to save some $$, but I'm can't complain about going to Disney.:yay:

Right there with ya. It's maddening! I think it says on my reservation "Do not give this woman a code."

It would have been nice to save some $$, but I'm can't complain about going to Disney.:yay:

I think my ressie says that too, lol!!!:rotfl: AND this woman keeps calling every other day, don't give her a break, she's a pain!!:goodvibes

I keep calling to check on codes too!:thumbsup2 Don't feel bad about doing that. I am sure my ressie says the same thing about me. We have every right to call and check to see if we can save some more $$$$$:teacher:

This is what I found on the codes that you are talking about....

WDW October - December room only discounts

Travel Dates: October 19 - December 23, 2008

some Sample nightly rates:.....

Polynesian, garden view room: $285 - $375

These prices are the nightly price, and do not include the 12.5% room tax. Weekday and Weekend nights appear to be the same price, though some nights during the travel dates appear to be slightly more expensive. Only the nights that fall within the travel dates above will be discounted, though your stay can extend past the end of the travel dates.

You must book this discount by October 18, 2008.

Make sure you ask for code NYB!

DLK - Magic Your Way Package
UWI - Magic Your Way with Dining Package
KCF - Magic Your Way with Deluxe Dining Package

:dance3:

I got the same rate with AAA, so I guess this discount really isn't worth the hassle of trying to rebook...

OK, so I just convinced DH into a December trip. We are looking at 12/5-12/9, 2 adults, 2 kids. Either a mod or deluxe, don't know yet. I read that this is "low crowd" time, so thought that would be a good time to go...? Am I right? Are there any codes out for this time yet? I'm a "general public" person, but I do have AAA (no Visa, etc).

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

OK, so I just convinced DH into a December trip. We are looking at 12/5-12/9, 2 adults, 2 kids. Either a mod or deluxe, don't know yet. I read that this is "low crowd" time, so thought that would be a good time to go...? Am I right? Are there any codes out for this time yet? I'm a "general public" person, but I do have AAA (no Visa, etc).

Thanks!

I hope you can find something - as far as I know, all the resorts are booked at that time! Between bouncebacks, pop warner week....rooms went fast! There are codes but they seem to be blacked out for the days you are thinking of - but don't quote me on that ;)

Look for a room first - and FAST! You can always add that code on later!

I think MOST of the moderate resorts are fully booked for most of that time!
There are a bunch of different codes out there but I think most of that week is blocked out. ( I MAY be wrong) There was a good deal on disney.com yesterday- try that! At this point I think I would book through AAA and start looking for dining reservations!
I think the Yacht Club still had room when I looked! But def, try to get a code! My sister was going to come down with her 3 kids ( one is an infant)
from the 6-10th and it was almost twice the price of our 8 day trip!! Needless to say, she isnt going to come down!

GOOD LUCK!!!:)

Thanks!

I hope you can find something - as far as I know, all the resorts are booked at that time! Between bouncebacks, pop warner week....rooms went fast! There are codes but they seem to be blacked out for the days you are thinking of - but don't quote me on that ;)

Look for a room first - and FAST! You can always add that code on later!

OMG, are you serious?! I finally got him convinced and now this?! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this was "low crowd" time?! If all rooms are booked, then the parks will be totally crowded, right? THAT will not go over well with the DH. Would shifting to 12/19-12/23 be better? Trying to work around his work schedule is killing me! HELP!!!

OMG, are you serious?! I finally got him convinced and now this?! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this was "low crowd" time?! If all rooms are booked, then the parks will be totally crowded, right? THAT will not go over well with the DH. Would shifting to 12/19-12/23 be better? Trying to work around his work schedule is killing me! HELP!!!

Disney does say this is a lower crowd time. However Pop Warner Sports Festival will be held at WDW Sports complex that week so the resorts are pretty booked. If you can shift it up a week you will probably have an easier time finding a discount code to apply to your reservation. I'm not sure of the date when WDW raises their rates for the Christmas holiday so you'd better check that out too. I think you'd be safe both ways if you got something for the week of 12/14.

I haven't been able to get a code to workd 12/7-14th for months now, every time a new one comes out I think this is it! But nope....everything is booked solid and there isn't anything they can do for me. It's supposively still low crowd week, they keep telling me that Pop Warner doesn't really effect the parks, except maybe at night from time to time, and that the only resorts it will effect is the All Stars--I'm holding my breath, we've had this trip planning all year and we can't wait! Good luck!!:thumbsup2

We went during that time period 2 years ago, and were able to walk right onto most rides. Night time was a little bit more crowded, and the only place we noticed the Pop Warner crowd was at MGM.

So we booked the same week for this year, but now I am a bit worried hearing how everything is booked.

But, its Disney at Christmas time, so all is good.

OK...just got off the phone with Disney.

Here's what I found out:

I could get a standard room at YC for 12/5-12/9, 2-day hoppers for all 4 of us (we have 2-day complimentary hoppers for inconveniences last trip, so total would be 4 days), and dining plan for $2474.36. This was pretty much the only thing he had available (other than super-expensive rooms like suites at AKL for $1200/night that only Bill Gates can afford) for those dates. This was using code UWI. DH had told me to keep it at $2K, but since this is the dates that we wanted, and it's a deluxe and we get to ride the boat ;) , he is OK with it. What do y'all think?

I asked the CM about park crowds if all the resorts are booked. He said the parks won't necessarily be crowded just b/c the resorts are. He said that the marketing dept. does a good job of filling up the resorts that typically have lower attendance (by offering lots of promos, etc), so the resorts being full just means that more people are staying on-site than off-site. Does that make sense? He also didn't think we'd be impacted too much by Pop Warner kids since we'd be at YC. Agree??

I had him also look at 12/19-23 for comparison sake -- the deluxes were more ($2654 was the lowest one he quoted), but he said I could easily get a mod for $1800-1900. DH likes the earlier dates better, though, so that's what we'll go with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter