December 2008 Code Watch

I just got a call from friends who want to go 12/12-12/14. What's out there as far as codes, free dining, etc? I am not sure they have a Disney Visa. they do have AAA.

I just got a call from friends who want to go 12/12-12/14. What's out there as far as codes, free dining, etc? I am not sure they have a Disney Visa. they do have AAA.

I'm going 12/7-14th and haven't qualified for anything...I've been trying for month..maybe it's just my luck but haven't found anything that works. Good luck!!! Btw, not sure where they are looking to stay but everything is pretty much booked-- values there is NOTHING, moderate I think they has CSR but that was about it.:flower3:

Thanks. I found them a standard at CBR for $452 for the 3 nights AAA. I also found a 2 bedroom at OKW for $1431 AAA.

I think rooms are starting to cancel out for Dec. I've been calling for a few weeks to try get a room at Pop for 12/5 - 12/7 and was told absolutely nothing was available. We had a room at YC for those nights but decided this is not the time for us to be spending money on lavish accomodations, especially when we won't be around the resort except to sleep. So I called again middle of last week and a standard room at Pop had opened up and I got the AP rate too. I got the room and dining plan for 2 nights for two adults and 2 kids (not tickets, I have AP) for $318! I was pretty happy with that. It's a lot less than the $779 we were going to spend at YC. I'm kinda bummed not to stay at YC but my kids are so excited to say at POP again. They love the theming. I'm going to WDW and that's all that matters!

November-December Room-Only Discount for General Public

Valid most nights: 11/1/08-11/22/08, 11/30/08-12/6/08, 12/14/08-12/23/08. Some resorts will NOT be available for all dates. Use code DMK. Compare these rates with regular "Rack" rates. Your stay will be priced on a day-by-day basis, so rates may be higher on weekends.

Availability is very limited and some dates during this span are blocked out.

I called for 11/30-12/5 and they had rooms at Beach Club, ASSports, and POFQ...didn't switch (we have WL and decided to stick there)...

Question: We will be at Pop from Dec 22 thru 28 with the dining plan. Can we use this code to even get a few dollars off the room for two nights, or would it not even apply in our case?

I am going Christmas week is there anyone out there that can PM me any codes if that is allowed.
Disney doesn't usually offer any discount codes during Christmas week. The parks and resorts are usually at capacity levels so there's not really a need to offer incentives.

Question: We will be at Pop from Dec 22 thru 28 with the dining plan. Can we use this code to even get a few dollars off the room for two nights, or would it not even apply in our case?
If your resort has availability under this code you will receive the room discount for your entire stay.

YAY!!!!:lmao:
I have been on January 2009 code watch for months.....NO code posted this AM. I went nuts (I am stressed out anyway with nervous energy because I have to go to court today:eek: ) and out of the blue booked a December trip!! I WANTED that FREE DINING with my BRAND NEW DISNEY VISA!!!

It took forever but I got a moderate. POFQ, never been there, don't know a thing about it! She said all the mods were available, so I guess when DH gives his :cheer2: (no, I did not get it beforehand!!)I will research the resort and make my dining ressies.

I have been reading on the boards about ELVES coming to people's houses before Christmas....maybe mine will bring Disney tickets the day before we are supposed to leave! :laughing:

It took forever but I got a moderate. POFQ, never been there, don't know a thing about it! She said all the mods were available, so I guess when DH gives his :cheer2: (no, I did not get it beforehand!!)I will research the resort and make my dining ressies.

You "lucked out" with choosing POFQ - very nice resort ... small, good bus service (with a boat to DTD), fun pool, great staff ... :thumbsup2 ... Don't forget to try the beignettes and the "homemade" ice cream sandwiches!! :)

And POR is your "sister" resort, about a 10 minute walk away, so you can eat/shop/swim and take part in the activities at POR, too!!

We may go back to POFQ next September ...

I have been on January 2009 code watch for months.....NO code posted this AM. I went nuts (I am stressed out anyway with nervous energy because I have to go to court today:eek: ) and out of the blue booked a December trip!! I WANTED that FREE DINING with my BRAND NEW DISNEY VISA!!!

I have been reading on the boards about ELVES coming to people's houses before Christmas....maybe mine will bring Disney tickets the day before we are supposed to leave! :laughing:

Congrats on your Dec. trip!! I've always heard nothing but good things about POFQ;) If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your Disney Visa to come in? I just applied and hope to use it for our December trip 13-21st. The website said I should hear from them within 15-30 days:rolleyes: I hope that means I will actually get my card by then cuase that will be cutting it close. Anyway, have a great trip!!

Does anyone know if there are any codes out for December 13? We have free dinning the following days so we can't use a room code then and was just wondering if there was anything for that day.

I was hoping some of you who went last Christmas could help me out. I posted a thread out there but no one seems to have an answer for me. Did any of you do the holiday "sleigh" Rides while you were there. I don't really see what the difference is between those and the regular carriage rides but they are twice as expensive. If anyone can tell me the difference and if it was worth it I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

We opted to do the sleigh ride on our Dec 2008 trip. It left from WL and went through the woods (very quiet and secluded). I think this would be the better choice for a couple, not a family. Although it was fun, we would much rather see the Christmas lights with a carriage ride through Ft. Wilderness next time. And it would be cheaper!

Thanks!! I think we will stick with the carriage ride then. I knew someone from last winter would have an answer for me.

We did the regular carriage ride which starts out at Pioneer Hall/Ft. Wilderness and we chose to go through the campgrounds. It was a lot of fun seeing all the trailers decorated! It was cheaper than the holiday sleigh ride too!

Thanks!! I think we will stick with the carriage ride then. I knew someone from last winter would have an answer for me.

Yes Yes:mic: , stick with the carriage ride. We did the sleigh ride, it was fun because we were being silly:joker: (which comes easy to us). I would have much rather seen the lights at the camp grounds. I chose the sleigh thinking it was the one that went to the camp grounds (my confusion from reading so many threads:upsidedow ) Have a great trip.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter