December 2008 Code Watch

There are some people having luck with getting codes during Christmas week BUT they have to check in before the current codes expire (12/23 I believe)

For those of you coming in after, I fear you will be out of luck.

There have been many, many people who have posted that they have gotten free dining during Christmas week. The Visa free dining offer is for December 14 - 22. Many people have been able to book by the 22 and have their free dining go through Christmas week.

I have a disney visa and I am going the 18th to 22. I booked the dining plan, how do I get the free dining? Do I just call and ask?

I have a disney visa and I am going the 18th to 22. I booked the dining plan, how do I get the free dining? Do I just call and ask?

I just called and they took the cost of the dining off my bill! Yay! I just saved $600 thanks to this board! You all are the best!

I am trying to get the Visa free dining. Is there a room only without tickets? I dont need tickets.
No, to receive the free dining offer you have to book a Magic Your Way package, which includes room tickets and dining.

I am trying to get the Visa free dining. Is there a room only without tickets? I dont need tickets.

No, you have to purchase at least 1 day MYW tickets for everyone in the room....even as Annual Passholders we had to do this.

BUT...you do NOT have to USE the 1 day tickets now. When you check in ask them to remove them from your room key and give you physical tickets. Save these and use them your next trip, or to renew your AP.

I figured that the cost of 3 one day tickets was a good future investment to get over $1,000 of free dining.

There really has not been any thing open for the deluxe resorts for those dates. I have the same dates at the Poly and have also failed at getting a discount. If you find a way let me know...

I'm in the same boat...got a pin postcard, but only for value resorts. Just my luck..... :mad:

No, you have to purchase at least 1 day MYW tickets for everyone in the room....even as Annual Passholders we had to do this.

BUT...you do NOT have to USE the 1 day tickets now. When you check in ask them to remove them from your room key and give you physical tickets. Save these and use them your next trip, or to renew your AP.

I figured that the cost of 3 one day tickets was a good future investment to get over $1,000 of free dining.

That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

Sorry, I am a WDW newbie - only been there a couple of times (1976 and 2003) and when I went in 2003 it was a convention and didn't have to plan much, just went.

I have booked 2 rooms at AS Sports for Dec 13-20, with free dining for the 14-20 (I received an email with a pin, as well as a Disney Visa code). I have read about invitational upgrades, and have just been reading about codes, etc. What are my chances of an upgrade to a moderate resort (hopefully at a minimal cost). We would even consider merging into one room. (It is just myself, my husband, and our sons, ages 18 and 16). Of course two rooms would be better, but I am beginning to regret reserving a value resort. Would they do a free upgrade along with the free dining?

What are my chances of making a change, and how should I go about pursuing this?

Thanks in advance for answers, I know it pays to ask the experts!

Called last night and was told there was nothing left for the free dining code for my dates, HOWEVER there had been many cancellations, and I should try in the am when the system had been reset. I called early this am (West Coast time) and was able to get reservations at Port Orleans Riverside with Free dining. Of course, we will now have to share a room with our two teens, BUT I think we will enjoy our stay more than we would at AS Sports. YAY!!!

Called last night and was told there was nothing left for the free dining code for my dates, HOWEVER there had been many cancellations, and I should try in the am when the system had been reset. I called early this am (West Coast time) and was able to get reservations at Port Orleans Riverside with Free dining. Of course, we will now have to share a room with our two teens, BUT I think we will enjoy our stay more than we would at AS Sports. YAY!!!

Congrats:cheer2: glad you got a deal.:santa:

I have booked 2 rooms at AS Sports for Dec 13-20, with free dining for the 14-20 (I received an email with a pin, as well as a Disney Visa code). I have read about invitational upgrades, and have just been reading about codes, etc. What are my chances of an upgrade to a moderate resort (hopefully at a minimal cost). We would even consider merging into one room. (It is just myself, my husband, and our sons, ages 18 and 16). Of course two rooms would be better, but I am beginning to regret reserving a value resort. Would they do a free upgrade along with the free dining?

What are my chances of making a change, and how should I go about pursuing this?

Generally, the only way to get upgraded to a different resort is if yours is overbooked.

November-December Room-Only Discount for General Public

Valid most nights: 11/1/08-11/22/08, 11/30/08-12/6/08, 12/14/08-12/23/08. Some resorts will NOT be available for all dates. Use code DMK. Compare these rates with regular "Rack" rates. Your stay will be priced on a day-by-day basis, so rates may be higher on weekends.

Availability is very limited and some dates during this span are blocked out.

I called for 11/30-12/5 and they had rooms at Beach Club, ASSports, and POFQ...didn't switch (we have WL and decided to stick there)...

November-December Room-Only Discount for General Public

Valid most nights: 11/1/08-11/22/08, 11/30/08-12/6/08, 12/14/08-12/23/08. Some resorts will NOT be available for all dates. Use code DMK. Compare these rates with regular "Rack" rates. Your stay will be priced on a day-by-day basis, so rates may be higher on weekends.

Availability is very limited and some dates during this span are blocked out.

I called for 11/30-12/5 and they had rooms at Beach Club, ASSports, and POFQ...didn't switch (we have WL and decided to stick there)...

I finally qualify and can't use it because I have tickets and dining...bummer!!:sad2: and they have no upgrade.......ugh!!

I called yesterday to see if I could get an AP room only discount. I got WL for 16-21 Dec. We've never stayed at WL but always wanted to during December. I got first 3 nights at 209 and last 2 at 259 for cy view. Is that ok or should I try to do better?

TIA

Got a code a few weeks ago. Thankfully I was still able to use it, room and tickets discount, saved us about $250. I was hoping for Pop, but I guess because of all the room only and Disney visa discounts, all the rooms went quickly and we were ended up getting All Star Sports. Ended up being $741 for 2 people, base tickets plus 5 nights/6 nights at Sports. No biggie though, a discount is a discount and we're going!! Dec 15th-20th:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter