DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. Last tennis of the year. Next match next year on Tuesday. :lmao:

My youngest was able to play a junior on her high school team to 5-5 yesterday, and won today against rival high school team player 6-4. Still not sure she's ready for varsity tennis, but it looks like she is.

79E396C7-618A-4323-B08F-6E05CAB7B1CA_zpsrxg8a5re.jpg
79E396C7-618A-4323-B08F-6E05CAB7B1CA_zpsrxg8a5re.jpg

OK got one to post. Will be at EPCOT for NYE tomorrow. Bend a great few days with record highs on day we got here then mid 40's low today. Crowds are not bad in terms of managing days and Disney loads up staffing. Holiday wishes was great but new Star Wars show and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam were even better. Will try to get some more pics going so until then prayers, congrats bourbon and bacon.

Good looking family. Have a Happy NYE.

Morning chaps from a grey London.

Into 2017 planning mode. So far I've booked the Disney Half Marathon in Paris, my Mum's 70th Bday trip and am starting to build the August Florida pilgrimage.

what time do you want us round?

I'd like to lose more weight to run in a Disney event. Maybe one year. Bravo to you.

Nearly OD'ed on football yesterday. Some good games and I am hoping for an encore today.

Not UL or UK. Neither Kentucky school is putting on a good showing today. Of course, UL has players on the injury report due to gunshot wound. :sad2:

I changed it to Liverpool vs Man City.

Afternoon Gents!

Hope you are all having a great New Year's Eve so far. We just got back from a three day basketball tournament, DS and his team finished 3rd place. Lots of playing time for the starters as the bench still isn't strong enough to keep them in the game. He and a couple of others probably averaged over 35 minutes per game. Says he's going to a friends for NYE, bet it will be an early night.

DW and I are planning a quiet evening at home.

First up Canada vs USA in World Junior Hockey action plus some college football. I think there is a game or two on.

Happy New Year All!

Had a nice brunch with Mom, Dad and Sis. Now at work til 11:00pm. Should be home in time to bring in the New Year.
Happy New Year gents!

Gentlemen, Happy New Year to you. Best wishes to all for good things in 2017.

Into 2017 planning mode. So far I've booked the Disney Half Marathon in Paris, my Mum's 70th Bday trip and am starting to build the August Florida pilgrimage.
Sounds like a full, but fun slate of trips. Enjoy, and well done on committing to run the half.

Heard Magic Kingdom went to Phase 1 closure a little after 12:00.
Interesting. I was wondering if there would be any closure. If I'm correct, prior to NYE, no park went into any phase of closure at all this year, including July 4th and Christmas. It really shows the drop in attendance. Maybe the numbers are starting to come back just a little.

My youngest was able to play a junior on her high school team to 5-5 yesterday, and won today against rival high school team player 6-4. Still not sure she's ready for varsity tennis, but it looks like she is.
Great results. Good luck if she does make the leap to varsity tennis.

We just got back from a three day basketball tournament, DS and his team finished 3rd place.
Nicely done. Congrats to him.

First up Canada vs USA in World Junior Hockey action plus some college football.
Kind of a bummer of a game. You can't win them all, but it's nice if the game is close. Two goals in the first three shots for USA didn't make for an exciting game. Oh well, see what the playoff rounds bring.

Happy 2017 guys. A very quiet NY Eve for me. The games were awful so I ended watching some Harry Potter on one of the Disney channels. Waiting for the kid to return home after her celebrations but doubt she is even up yet. Preparations started for dinner. Stuffed mushrooms for starters, baked ham, salt potatoes and black eyed peas. Black eyed peas are a staple for New Year in deference to my mom. It is a southern tradition that on New Year, you must have BEPs because it ensures good luck during the year. Why? I don't know.

2017 is about 12 hours old and so far so good. The Dolphin game starts at 1:00 so we will see if that changes it.

Good for her, congratulations.

Hope you are all having a great New Year's Eve so far. We just got back from a three day basketball tournament, DS and his team finished 3rd place. Lots of playing time for the starters as the bench still isn't strong enough to keep them in the game. He and a couple of others probably averaged over 35 minutes per game. Says he's going to a friends for NYE, bet it will be an early night.

Exercise works better than Nyquil for kids. Congratulations to him on the tournament.

Had a nice brunch with Mom, Dad and Sis. Now at work til 11:00pm. Should be home in time to bring in the New Year.
Happy New Year gents!

Sounds fun. Hope you made it home to watch the ball drop.

Interesting. I was wondering if there would be any closure. If I'm correct, prior to NYE, no park went into any phase of closure at all this year, including July 4th and Christmas. It really shows the drop in attendance. Maybe the numbers are starting to come back just a little.

That was the only one I heard taking place. People that I saw talked about it being crowded all over but not like in years past.

Happy New Years Londontime from Rose and Crown at midnight "Londontime"

And to our Dads north of the border Happy New Years from the NYE around the world

Happy New Years! EPCOT fireworks were outstanding!
[/URL]

Excellent, looks like you guys had a great time. Were the crowds managable?

Welcome 2017! Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney & Bacon for All!

Happy New Year Guys!

And what Randall said.

Looking forward to living vicariously through all of you at the DDC.

Same to you guys. Still working on making it up there on Wednesday. Odds are improved but still 60/40 against. It may be a last minute decision.

Evening fellas, from a rainy London. Hope everyones day was a good one.

This was our day to relax. Ended up gutting the kitchen of stuff and completely re-organising. Its now half seven and just sat down. We had roast pork and bubble and squeak, which is a traditional post xmas dish for our family. Running starts tomorrow. Again.

The Dolphin game starts at 1:00 so we will see if that changes it.
Looking forward to seeing them against the Saints at Wembley this year. Should be a high scoring game....

Gentlemen, Happy New Year to you. Best wishes to all for good things in 2017.
You too buddy. Hopefully one of those layovers will turn into a night out in London this year.

Excellent, looks like you guys had a great time. Were the crowds managable?
And second question, do the countries in World Showcase celebrate the new year in their respective time zones?

Looking forward to living vicariously through all of you at the DDC.
Yep, looking forward to seeing this, I only joined in in May so this is my first DDC from afar.

Well that sounds promising!

Have a great evening and tally ho.

Hopefully one of those layovers will turn into a night out in London this year.
I keep thinking of it. Unfortunately most are just in the 4-5 hour range and generally early morning or afternoon. As much as I hate sitting at Heathrow for 4 hours, I'm always a bit uneasy to go into town for that length of time. There's not much time buffer for getting back to catch the next flight. I did have one earlier this year for 9 hours (all day) but you were in Florida at the time (I think we chatted about it then). But yeah, if I get a longer layover again I'll definitely see what you're up to.

Anyone stayed at the Yacht Club? Any good?
I walked into the lobby and it looked very nice. But I can't help you on the rooms. The pool looks awesome though.

Happy Monday. Both girls back in school, while we get one more day off work. I played tennis this morning and then went grocery shopping. Stop the fun now. :lmao:

Happy 2017 guys. A very quiet NY Eve for me. The games were awful so I ended watching some Harry Potter on one of the Disney channels. Waiting for the kid to return home after her celebrations but doubt she is even up yet. Preparations started for dinner. Stuffed mushrooms for starters, baked ham, salt potatoes and black eyed peas. Black eyed peas are a staple for New Year in deference to my mom. It is a southern tradition that on New Year, you must have BEPs because it ensures good luck during the year. Why? I don't know.

I don't know why we eat BEP either. I think I did a couple of times, but never got any better luck.

This was our day to relax. Ended up gutting the kitchen of stuff and completely re-organising. Its now half seven and just sat down. We had roast pork and bubble and squeak, which is a traditional post xmas dish for our family. Running starts tomorrow. Again.

Can you translate into American? Bubble and squeak?

Anyone stayed at the Yacht Club? Any good?

Stayed next door at Beach Club. Great location. Great theming. Captain's Grill has excellent meal selections, Yachtsman's Steakhouse is a great choice, and I really like the Ale & Compass Lounge (they also serve food).

When you send me the cake I will thank you. ;)

And send me a cake. :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter