DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Worst day ever.
I ache in places I didn't even know I had. I have aches on top of my aches.
Had to shovel to get out of the driveway... and down the road to where it was a bit more passable.
Google mapped it and I shoveled 350 meters/380 yards. No. Not a typo. Equivalent to 7 Olympic pools.
And now that I'm at work.... I'm stuck here for at least 24 hours.

Happy Monday. Another wonderful week off and lined up tennis everyday this week. Life is good.

Happy Boxing day to you. Very cool gift from DD, bet it will be a great trip.

We had a nice Christmas. My best gift was a card with a heartfelt Christmas message from DD. Other than graduation, this year kind of sucked for us. Looking forward to the end of 2016 and a better 2017.

Hope next year will be better. Life is just one day at a time for me.

A great day to all and to all who you love.
May the holidays continue to treat you well and may the new year that is upon us bring you more comfort then trials.

Have a good one there, Stats.

Happy Boxing Day Gents!

View attachment 211704

So that is what boxing day is all about. :lmao:

Worst day ever.
Had to shovel to get out of the driveway... and down the road to where it was a bit more passable.
Google mapped it and I shoveled 350 meters/380 yards. No. Not a typo. Equivalent to 7 Olympic pools.

Sounds like a lot of work. Hope you can rest some at work, and that the aches get better.

Worst day ever.

Sounds like it is time to invest in a snowblower.

ok Dads with Christmas behind us and the BBQ podcast released. We would like to get one last count for the BBQ. This is not do or die you can still come even if you don't respond with a yes. You can comment with additional guests.This is to give the prep team the best estimate of what to get and prepare. Throwing a BBQ is hard enough pulling it off at Disney is only something Disdads can pull off.
So far the menu consists of Grilled chicken, pulled pork, Sausage, hot do...gs and burgers and a Veggie burger or portabellas for our non meat eaters( just let us know). We will have sides of pasta salad, potato salad, Mac and cheese( pulled pork over mac and cheese, wonder where this comes from
1f642.png
:) ) and a garden salad.There will be water, soda and beer.
The plan is to use the grill area next to the pool in the grandstands area of SSSR next to the pool. This way we can kinds of spread out and use pool area also. The Dads will be taking over SSSR! hope to see you all there.
Disclaimer. any bumps or hiccups in this event will be Randall's fault

ok Dads with Christmas behind us and the BBQ podcast released. We would like to get one last count for the BBQ. This is not do or die you can still come even if you don't respond with a yes. You can comment with additional guests.This is to give the prep team the best estimate of what to get and prepare. Throwing a BBQ is hard enough pulling it off at Disney is only something Disdads can pull off.
So far the menu consists of Grilled chicken, pulled pork, Sausage, hot do...gs and burgers and a Veggie burger or portabellas for our non meat eaters( just let us know). We will have sides of pasta salad, potato salad, Mac and cheese( pulled pork over mac and cheese, wonder where this comes from
1f642.png
The plan is to use the grill area next to the pool in the grandstands area of SSSR next to the pool. This way we can kinds of spread out and use pool area also. The Dads will be taking over SSSR! hope to see you all there.

Man! That sounds good. Wish I could make it.

Morning all. The temp has dropped again. We hit 70 degrees and rain yesterday, and it is 35 degrees right now. Ahhh, Kentucky weather. I have been going thru my Christmas candy junk food and should be out of it today. Sadly, when junk food is around, I am compelled to eat until I get sick. Thanksfully, I won't go thru DW or the dds candy. I heard a comedy bit about why some celebrities are so then, and the punch line was that if I was that rich, I cold hire someone to swat cookies out of my hand all day.

Sounds like it is time to invest in a snowblower.

::yes::

People keep telling me that.

I'm starting to think they're right.

Or get your children to do it. :lmao:

1f642.png

Sounds great. If you could just cover that transportation thing for me.......and ticket......and lodging....and

Man! That sounds good. Wish I could make it.

Same here. Maybe in 10 years.

Worst day ever.

Wow, that really sucks. Hope you made it through the work day.

Hope next year will be better. Life is just one day at a time for me.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Thankfully, I won't go thru DW or the dds candy. I heard a comedy bit about why some celebrities are so then, and the punch line was that if I was that rich, I cold hire someone to swat cookies out of my hand all day.

That is funny.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Head to the airport in a couple of hours, will try to post a pic or two from DaWorld. Have a good week and a happy and safe NYE.

Have a blast storming the castle and enjoy the New Years.

We had a nice Christmas. My best gift was a card with a heartfelt Christmas message from DD. Other than graduation, this year kind of sucked for us. Looking forward to the end of 2016 and a better 2017.
Whether 2016 was good, or not so much, hoping 2017 will be better for all the DISDads!

Worst day ever.
Yikes! On both counts!

Morning all. The temp has dropped again. We hit 70 degrees and rain yesterday, and it is 35 degrees right now. Ahhh, Kentucky weather
Sounds like you're a day ahead of us. Rain today and forecast to reach 70. Two days before the really cold temps predicted.....

Happy Wednesday. Not a lot of traffic here, but it was quality traffic. :lmao:

Lots of chores done today - chauffeuring, tennis, laundry, and mulched the last of the leaves that finally fell. I went ahead and mulched by neighbor's leaves as well emptied the lawnmower bag. Way more work than I am used to, but less than clearing 300 yards of snow.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Head to the airport in a couple of hours, will try to post a pic or two from DaWorld. Have a good week and a happy and safe NYE.

Have a great trip. I've got the champagne in the fridge for NYE. It is something new than I usually get. I'll post a picture.

Are you still with us? Or, did the snow do you in?

Well, there is that.

Happy Wednesday. Not a lot of traffic here, but it was quality traffic. :lmao:

Lots of chores done today - chauffeuring, tennis, laundry, and mulched the last of the leaves that finally fell. I went ahead and mulched by neighbor's leaves as well emptied the lawnmower bag. Way more work than I am used to, but less than clearing 300 yards of snow.

Same here, busy day today. I was running around since this morning. Good job doing a favor for the neighbors.

Are you still with us? Or, did the snow do you in?

Well, there is that.

Took me until today, but I'm mostly recovered. Then the grader and loaders came through a few minutes ago so had to clean that up. Almost wiped out on a surprise slick spot. That hurt. Plus... broke my dang shovel.
Snow pile is about six feet high now.

First Carrie Fisher and now her mom Debbie Reynolds. How incredibly painful for their family. Go away 2016 and never darken our door again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter