DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Cinderella's Fella, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

What are these machines you are talking about?

Emma's Dad likes this.
  2. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Hey, I thought you'd appreciate this instead of telling him to just park the camper in your yard.

3. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

Come on up I will let you give it a try.

4. Avatar

Advertisement

5. londontime

londontime DisDad #818. London. Allo Mairee Pawpins.

Come on then, spilt the beans. What park what day?
    :D. Welcome back to the regular word Mike. Looks like you had a good one. The londontime pic did make me laugh.

One of the main reasons, as we'd like to hit Epcot harder this year. Cheers CJ. Have you made the call on DDC yet?
    Well that could get messy.
    You know I love ya. Even as a Man U fan.
    All the best Rob. Do you want us to start doing the butt jokes again?

6. declansdad

I'm more of a casual fan, just like seeing a good game, DS knows all the players and DW yells at them. LOL

As for the trip, we built the FP+ for the mornings and plan to park hop in the afternoons. We arrive late in the evening on the 4th and hit the ground running early the next day.

5th - MK

BoG ADR followed by FPs for HM (9:30), SM (10:30) and POTC (11:35)

6th - DHS

TSM (9:05), ST (10:30) and TT (11:55)

7th - AK

KS (9:00), FOTLK (10:30), EE (11:55)

8th - EPCOT

SE - (9:00), MS (10:15), Soarin' (11:45)

9th - DHS and DS's birthday

RnR (9:25), TT (10:50). Just didn't see anything else here that was worth it right now.

Raglan Road ADR in the evening

10th - MK (last day)

BTMRR (9:05), Buzz (10:30), SDMT (11:35)

Head to the airport around 7 pm.

Terra Nova guy likes this.
  7. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Yes, it looks like fun down there. It would be nice to make it someday, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.

It's great when the planning gets to that stage. I'll be doing ADR's next week for DW & DD's trip in July. (Just a reminder, they are going to WDW on a dance trip early in July, but I can't go due to work commitments. I've been coming to terms with it. I keep a few tissues in my pocket now for any time I think about it too much :sad:)

donald laugh.gif

Google says it comes from the sound made in the pan as the potatoes are frying. Makes sense actually, when you think about it.

That's a hard adjustment. I like to keep some buffer between vacation and work, too.

Great pic, especially the ugly Christmas sweater :thumbsup2
    I'd love to get down once just to see the decorations at Christmas time.

8. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Don't call Dan bitter. He's a fanatic.

I like having that extra day as well.

Good pictures. I don't think I'll ever want to do the parks those days. I wouldn't mind going the first two weeks of Dec to see the decorations and a MVMCP. I wouldn't a stay over NYE, but I would just tour the resorts and watch fireworks from TOTWL.

Glad to help. :lmao:

Still a great idea and future plan for me.

A good plan. I agree with you about DHS. We really liked Star Tours, with the Vader one being the best. However, with so many other attractions closed, it seemed way crowded than usual. We were going to skip that one this year as well.

I should have searched Google. It makes sense.

9. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Can't. Kay won't go there.

PIPE DOWN, YOU!

10. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

I did grow up in Syracuse when I was a kid and have memories of shoveling the driveway. That was until my mom told my dad if he wanted to stay married, they were moving south. She was the smart one in the family.

I think you will like YC. And final decision is tomorrow morning, waiting on a call.

11. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

I just a couple of days ago asked my Dad why did he move here when he came from over seas. Sooooo many warmer spots!

12. declansdad

Our family has been in this area since 1785, we've had plenty of time to head south but for some reason we haven't.

13. budamacdvcr

budamacdvcr DIS Dad #737

Top O the Mornin Dads! Only good thing about this week is that it is only a 4 day work week and FP+ booking for next trip is next week which helps with getting over the post trip blahs! Freezing temps here for the highs for a bit and chance of some snow. Gonna make trying to get outside decorations down Saturday while DS is still around a bit of a challenge.
    Nice plans, all except that part about having to head back to the airport that is

14. declansdad

Thanks and I agree.

15. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Happy Wednesday. I know people are happy seeing 2016 go, but 2017 hasn't been working out well for me so far. I'm hoping this trend ends soon.

And a bit more expensive than a snow blower.

::yes::

And the answer is ......

I managed to make it 2 hours south west of where I grew up. Only 2, and it included west. I should have moved a lot further south, but was just too stupid.

Always a good idea to include child labor. :lmao:

16. londontime

Evening all. Hope everyones day is full of good stuff.

You and me both mate
    We need at least 2, and the kids really need at least 3 with the lag. When are you off to VB?
    Yep, I think its done. 5 nights Poly, 1 week Beach House (probably Anna Maria Again) and 4 nights YC. Splitting the disney this year, it should give us a chance to stay up later with them and enjoy some of the night stuff as they should be in the swing and relaxed.
    Now that one sir, is a quality morning.

Have a great evening chaps from a frosty London.

17. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Well, a big glass of Beverly for me today. Van went in the shop for routine maintenance (one of the bigger $300 ones of course). But on top of that, but the front and back brakes were shot and the rotors on back had to be machined (full disclosure, I know nothing about mechanics, I'm just repeating what the garage guy said as I passed him my credit card). So, $1380 later, I have the van back. That's gonna be real nice on top of the Christmas bills. I kind of agree with @AirGoofy that 2017 kind of sucks, so far. Hope it's going better for everyone else.

18. budamacdvcr

budamacdvcr DIS Dad #737

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  19. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

We missed Vero Beach with the hurricane and are going to try something new this summer for the first time - a two week vacation - first at Boardwalk Resort and then a week at Miramar beach.

That stinks. Bring on February.

20. londontime

London calling, morning all.

Sorry mate, that's rubbish. Hope your week gets better.
    Nice. I remember the hurricane bit, I thought you had just moved your dates. Boardwalk looks lovely. What's the vibe like that far north in FL? Is it more like the neighbouring states than Florida?

Have a good one fellas...

21. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

praying