Daily Room checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did experience this first hand, I felt very uncomfortable that I was clearly targeted and followed. And in my several trips since and my trip next month ... I am staying offsite. Offsite where I have a real DND sign and gotten a letter assuring me if I use it they will not walk in on me.

Ok, could you explain further? You were targeted and followed?

i would be surprised at the unexpected and unprecedented action, but ultimately no. No specific reason for not having an issues, but i considered the question, and no.

its one thing to be upset or outraged regarding a specific situation, but it makes no sense to me to project.
OK so your answer is that you don't care if they unlock your door that was latched. That is logical, since you already expressed approval in their entering your locked room in the first place. Focusing on whether they have unlatched the latch or only unbolted the bolt is an odd distinction to make.

So now we are left with why people who claim to not care about the policy have spent 7 months arguing with people who do care about the policy.

OK so your answer is that you don't care if they unlock your door that was latched. That is logical, since you already expressed approval in their entering your locked room in the first place. Focusing on whether they have unlatched the latch or only unbolted the bolt is an odd distinction to make.

So now we are left with why people who claim to not care about the policy have spent 7 months arguing with people who do care about the policy.

Most likely because the people partaking in the arguing enjoy the arguing.

Provided we also take the overall number of WDW visitors and multiply it by the same substzntial amount, sure.

Shut down? Really? Could you please explain why its apparently completely acceptable to passionately complain, but not to not complain?

Absolutely agree with this. Right now the premise discussed is that it has happened to so few (based on DIS reports) compared to the number of rooms and guests at Disney. That is math without all the information.

Most likely because the people partaking in the arguing enjoy the arguing.

I don't care about Dole Whips. If Disney got rid of them tomorrow I wouldn't give a hoot. I still would not come on DISboards and argue with people who love them that they aren't all that good anyway. That would be a pretty disordered thing to do.

I don't care about Dole Whips. If Disney got rid of them tomorrow I wouldn't give a hoot. I still would not come on DISboards and argue with people who love them that they aren't all that good anyway. That would be a pretty disordered thing to do

I don't like them either, but I respect those that do and would never insult , condemn, or argue about their love of them!:)

I have very clearly stated what the problem is. You just quoted my explanation, so it's seems redundant to repeat it.

What isn't clear is why certain DISers have spent months trying to shut down discussion about this policy. It's one's choice to think it's fine for "security" to walk in on people and stare at them sleeping or walk in on them when they are on the toilet. Many, MANY people don't think it's fine.
If they do think it's fine, why do they have such an investment in arguing with those who don't think it's fine? That's a lot of energy invested in something that one feels indifferent about.

Who has said that walking in on them when they are sleeping or on the toilet is ok? If they are not knocking as they are supposed to be, that is a problem.

There is a thread locked to the top of the forums where many people have had CMs walk in on people WITHOUT being let in by guests.

You seem to be saying that such behavior is just fine, and it is the guest's fault for not putting on the security latch, which many others have explained very plainly that does not work if there are other members of your party outside the room.

Does it matter that the CMs have not (yet) been documented to override the latch (which they can do)? They ARE documented walking in without being granted entry by the guest renting the room. You are focusing on a completely irrelevant piece of information.

Since this fiasco started in January, I have stayed at many other hotels. Not a single one has implemented this policy. Most still do have do not disturb signs, and only state that if you leave the sign up for 24 hours in a row they might check in on the room. That's it. That still respects the guests' privacy while providing the security theater that some people believe is needed now (major eyeroll, but whatever).

I find it amazing that there are any guests out there who think it is fine for random male security guards to walk in on sleeping women because it is the women's fault for not engaging the latch and locking the rest of their families out.

Been reading with interest. Your replies are always clear and to the point.
BUT, that doesn't matter to some on here. I think they like to argue the inane and reject common sense. Thanks for keeping up the good fight:)

I don't like them either, but I respect those that do and would never insult , condemn, or argue about their love of them!:)
Exactly. Now Disney DID try and remove my precious Citrus Swirl, and thankfully people engaged in a campaign of online complaint -and Disney brought them back! That's how Disney becomes aware of guests' feelings. I get that not everyone likes Citrus Swirl, but it's a good thing that those people didn't try to discount and discredit the feelings of those who love it. So now the lovers of CS get their treat, and those who don't care are 100% unaffected.

Exactly. Now Disney DID try and remove my precious Citrus Swirl, and thankfully people engaged in a campaign of online complaint -and Disney brought them back! That's how Disney becomes aware of guests' feelings. I get that not everyone likes Citrus Swirl, but it's a good thing that those people didn't try to discount and discredit the feelings of those who love it. So now the lovers of CS get their treat, and those who don't care are 100% unaffected.

Yes!! And didn't guest outrage at the idea of signature cards rather than actual autographs at character meals get those rescinded? We're all adults and signature cards handed out in lieu of the characters actually signing at the meals would have zero impact on me. But, I remember when my kids were young and it did matter, so I sympathized with those that were affected! Never telling them their opinions were not important!

Who has said that walking in on them when they are sleeping or on the toilet is ok? If they are not knocking as they are supposed to be, that is a problem.

Many of the reports have CMs doing the ol' "knock and enter" routine - giving guests no time to even get to the door before entering. But even if they waited 10 seconds, this policy now requires guests to interrupt their showers, naps, toilet time, adult time, etc. all the things people like to do on vacation to answer the door to allow someone to walk into the room and accomplish nothing. They are not allowed the dignity of asking for staff to not bother them while they are doing any of these things. And we know Disney knows this is a pretty shady policy or they would be honest about the fact that there is literally NO point to the room occupied signs at all and that Disney policy is to consider them meaningless.

If Disney actually handed guests a copy of their new policy (not the "we reserve the right to enter" which is NOT the new policy - that is the old policy- but the new policy that states they WILL enter when they want, every day at least once, regardless of what your wishes are at any time, no matter what), it would be pretty amusing fast and furious the guest reaction would be. Disney is coasting along hoping that most people won't know what the new policy actually is.

If all the Disney defenders REALLY thought Disney's behavior here is acceptable, they would fully support Disney handing out printed copies of their new policy to every guest. The policy that says you as a guest are no longer guaranteed privacy, dignity, or safety in their hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter