Country Bear Jamboree

I especially love the Country Bears Christmas show !!! Too bad they haven't done the Christmas show in the past few years.

I feel the same way.

The best thing that can be done is to send WDW lots of letters and emails, asking for its return.

I also recommend joining the Facebook group whose link is in my signature below.

It was my grandma and grandpa's favorite attaraction when I was little, so I still enjoy seeing it for memory sake. Otherwise I agree it could do with some updates. I would hate to see it go all together because it's a tradition.

We love Big Al....and it's always good for a "sit down" to rest a bit. :thumbsup2

That's not the case.
There have been regular refurbs over the years.

I remember when even the audio got a major upgrade just a few years ago.

Hey Robo,

is it TRUE, that CBJ is the ONLY attraction within Walt Disney World, which was there from the first minute and NEVER changed over all these years?

I know there were summertime specials or some cleaning or maintenance but no single change??

I am surprised so many people LOVE it. To be honest, I really didn´t like it at all (like the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room). I like caroussel of progress though (classic)

in all of my trips - over 10. I have never seen it, even as a small child. i keep wanting too but for some reason I never do. Maybe this next trip

I've only seen it once, May of 2009 when it was pouring rain and we just wanted to be inside, somewhere, anywhere. Once was enough. But I don't want it gone, I feel the same way about Small World, some things are just supposed to be there for nostalgia.

lol, I think it is a hoot! My kids loved it when they were little, and it makes my mom smile.

Hey Robo,

is it TRUE, that CBJ is the ONLY attraction within Walt Disney World, which was there from the first minute and NEVER changed over all these years?

I know there were summertime specials or some cleaning or maintenance but no single change??

I think that the Fantasyland rides... Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party, and the Carousel have not changed (although the Carousel recently changed names.)

I always liked this version best

Disney2004094.jpg

CBJ = awesome in a strange way. I have lots of memories of singing along at like, two years old. I still like it.

I think that the Fantasyland rides... Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party, and the Carousel have not changed (although the Carousel recently changed names.)

At least for CoP I know that they changed the last quarter :goodvibes
Not sure about PP or Dumbo...

:confused3

My bad... You meant the Caroussel in Fantasyland :-))

Last week, the only thing my son was really interested in at MK was Mickey's Philharmagic and the Runaway Mine Train.

Like a lot of the MK rides and attractions I remember from my days as a kid in the early 70's, it takes a lot more to wow a 5 year old these days.

I suppose I was a little disappointed as well, because what was "hi tech" almost 40 years ago (Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World, Hall of Presidents, etc) is old hat and somewhat stale now.

The nostalgia value will only take you so far. I think some areas of WDW need a major makeover. I found myself enjoying Epcot much more, and even it really only has two major attractions (Soarin and Test Track).

It has been updated, and we know how well that went over. Or didn't you see the movie? ;)

The Mad Tea Party has been covered with a roof since MK opened, and Dumbo has been replaced with a version with more elephants (and in any event will certainly be different with the Fantasyland expansion). Can't think of a thing that's changed about the other two.

I enjoy the Country Bear Jamboree very much and would hate to see it eliminated. In my opinion, it is one of the things they have at WDW that makes the MK a desirable place to visit versus Disneyland, which is overall a little bit more pulled together as a them park (People Mover/Tomorrowland Transit Authority also). Disneyland no longer has the CBJ and I am so sad about that! I would like to see them bring back the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown. I don't think anyone would find that boring at all! It is much more entertaining than the original production.

My wife and I both love the bears. I am okay with once per trip, but my wife can go four five times during a two week stay.

awdwnut

Hate it. The lyrics are crazy. Don't need to see it again. Bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - even though that belongs in Fantasyland. :goodvibes

Walked out of it the first time I visited in 1980. Tried it again sometime in the mid 1990s (with my daughter, 7 or 8 at the time). We didn't walk out, but my daughter said "this is stupid" sometime during the show. Have never been back again.

I can see that some (many) people would enjoy it. I'm a Tiki Bird fan, which many find ridiculous.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter