Country Bear Jamboree

I know this is a zombie thread, but it is timely for me. I had not seen the Country Bears in many many years, maybe not since my first trip in 1981 (when I was just shy of 3), until we went in January of this year. It was busy and we were walking in Frontierland and a show was about to start so we figured why not. It might be old and cheesy and in need of some TLC, but I'm glad it is still there. I enjoyed it. We ended up going a second time that trip and one more time when we were there on Oct. 1. MK has so few Opening Day attractions left, and this is one of them. Yes, things change and the parks are not museums, but I think it's good to keep a few originals as a reminder of where things started. I kind of feel the same about Carousel of Progress. While not an Opening Day attraction, it's a Walt Disney classic, and one of the few things left with such a direct Walt Disney connection. While I think it might be time for an update to that last segment of the show (it now feels 80's retro future vs. real vision of the future), the rest of the show is entertaining. I also like that these attractions are not based on Disney movies. Not every attraction needs to have a tie-in to Disney characters and movies. The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are proof that great rides can come from original ideas with no movie tie-in needed Now Stitch, while I love the character, I'm not too heartbroken about the pending closure of his attraction. That reskin was awful. The previous version, while terrifying, was much better. And it was terrifying!
I love this post, and I love the Country Bears! I hadn't seen them since I was a little kid, and when when we went this past Easter, I laughed so hard at them. They're adorable, and classic Disney World magic, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter