Country Bear Jamboree

I saw it for the first time since I was a kid this past September. I don't remember it from my childhood trips so I convinced BF to give it a try. It's the second time at WDW that I've considered getting up and leaving (the first time was the previous September when I saw Captain EO. Horrible!). BF and I literally kept looking at the exit wondering whether to get up or sit it out. It's number two on my "Never Again" list, right after Captain EO.

Recently returned from my fifth trip to WDW, and for the first time, I experienced the Country Bear Jamboree. I have to say, it now rates at the very top of my "never again" list.

I'm interested to see if there are many folks out there who enjoy this attraction, either for the sake of nostalgia, or for some other reason. Because I don't see the appeal. It seems like a ripe attraction for a major refurb. (How about replacing it with a "Woody's Roundup" musical attraction?)
Are there CBJ fans out there? I'd love to hear from you.

My Dad and I both enjoy CBJ. It's so much fun, and it feels so classic to do! We love it for both nostalgia, and perhaps for the fact that there is pretty much nowhere else where you can see a bunch of singing bears performing classic country music! But I am the kind of person who prefers classic stuff over newer stuff.

I'd hate to see a Woody's Roundup show replacing CBJ (Maybe a Woody show at the Golden Horseshoe, they have a stage) because if this happened, that would just further increase the dramatic takeover of Pixar at WDW (it's already pretty bad over in California, the DCA park is pretty much a Pixar filled park!)

I do enjoy Pixar's films, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't happy to see Nemo take over the Living Seas completely (I was fine with him having just a section), and I'm really starting to get annoyed by the repetitveness in the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor's jokes (Which will probably be open for a while because Pixar is doing a Monsters Inc. 2). I am fine with Toy Story Mania and It's Tough to be a Bug, they didn't replace anything that was special to me.

But we love CBJ. It's a must-do every trip. We love the AA shows at WDW, simply because there is nowhere else with most of these shows (CoP and CBJ aren't at DL anymore) and they are so neat to see, and to think of how Walt Disney was the guy behind them!

I am a big nostalgia person. I love classic stuff!

The bears are my absolute, but I hated them as a kid. We are locals/AP holders. I love old country, slap stick humor & nostalgia...not to mention AC rides you can get into pretty easy, so it's probably in my top 5 for all the parks. I think people that don't enjoy it are really missing something but to each his/her own.
:lovestruc

I love the Country Bears, as many of the others have said, probably more just because of nostalgic reasons, I have fond childhood memories of it.

It certainly could use some updating, a good refurb, but I wouldn't want to see it replaced all together.

DH & I have never missed CBJ because we adore the nostalgia of it. It's hard not to get into the corny mood of it all if you have a soft spot for times gone by!

Now DS4 is a fan & we see it multiple times each trip. He loves Big Al and to stop his feet & sing/dance to the finale.

The kids & I could pass on seeing CBJ, but my husband loves it so everytime we go we have to watch it. Whatever makes DH happy right?!? :)

I love it and always have. I love it that Disney keeps a few things the same and I do have very fond memories of it as a kid. I just had to beg my grandma to give me a Big Al stuffed animal that she was going to give away. Now, it's all mine! :thumbsup2

Love love love it....everyone in my family does. We sing the songs all day long. Just this last trip dd (7) saw a blob of ketchup on the ground by the corn dog stand in Frontierland and started singing loudly "there was...BLOOOOOD on the ground!!"

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Love CBJ! As a matter of fact, I am shocked at the number of Disers who hate it or want it replaced. It is a classic attraction, one that Walt personally designed/imagined. As Disers I would have thought we would all have special places in our hearts for the classics. Shame on all of you...

I love the Country Bears! Not for nostalgia reasons, but because the songs are hilarious. I find it hysterical to watch people with their kids just kind of sitting there bobbing their heads a bit, not even listening to the words. This is especially funny during Big Al's "Blood on the Saddle" and the "Little Buford" song.

Another vote for CBJ. It's a classic...and it's literally one of the last things that made Walt Disney laugh before he died (one of his top artists showed him a concept drawing; it hadn't come to fruition as an attraction yet).

I love the Country Bear Jamboree for so many reasons.

1) I think the corny jokes are actually really funny
2) the songs are catchy and are stuck in my head all day
3) It still has Mr. W. Disney's fingerprints all over it and is, therefore, extra special.
4) And yes, I love it for the nostalgia. My mom took me when I was seven and knew Blood on the Saddle by heart in an instant. She knew she had raised me right when my friends and I were playing american idol and they all sang Backstreet Boys songs but I bust out with...

There was.. BUH-lood on the SA-DDLE...
and
BUH-lood all Around.
and a
Grrreat big
PUH-dle of
Buh-lood on the grouuund.

At Disneyland the Country Bears changed the show based on the season. They had a summer camping show, winter/Christmas show and a spring/Easter show. When it closed I was happy to see it at WDW. But from what I can tell, its not been upkept well at all and stays the same show year round.

Trivia:At Disneyland the Country Bears was replaced with Pooh. The original Country Bears still live inside the Pooh ride, high up on the wall if you know where to look.

Big AAA+++ for us, thought maybe it was the nostalgia, but took 9 newbies with us this trip, and they all loved it!

We've been going to WDW for 16 years and have never seen this show until this Christmas. We meant to see it lots of times, but never got around to looking for it when we were there - and honestly, after the reviews on the DIS - didn't know if it would be worth it. Well this year, we made a point to look for it and do it. We LOVED it!! My kids thought it was a hoot - especially my youngest (DS12). We've been back 3 weeks and he's still singing "Blood On The Saddle" (he was actually singing it in the shower last night)! My oldest (DS20) said he didn't know if he liked it or not, but we saw it 3 times and every time he was over there laughing. We're from way out in the sticks and this just fit in perfect with our kind of humor.:rotfl:

Worth trying and if you don't like it, just move on. For us - I think it's gonna be a must see on future trips.

It really is about sense of humor. If you like the corny kind of humor at the HDDR, you'll probably enjoy country bears :goodvibes.

At Disneyland the Country Bears changed the show based on the season. They had a summer camping show, winter/Christmas show and a spring/Easter show. When it closed I was happy to see it at WDW. But from what I can tell, its not been upkept well at all and stays the same show year round.

Trivia:At Disneyland the Country Bears was replaced with Pooh. The original Country Bears still live inside the Pooh ride, high up on the wall if you know where to look.
That darn Pooh! They built the Pooh ride at WDW on the site of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Toadie "lives" on in a picture of him handing over the deed to the property to Rabbit. I used "lives" because Mr. Toad is in the pet cemetery behind HM.

I haven't been in years. I always enjoyed it, but last time I went it seemed really, REALLY in need of a rehab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!