• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't tell you about full sized boxes of cereal, but Café Rix sells (or did in May 2010) the small individual ones that are there own bowl.

Just there 2 weeks ago and they still have the "bowl" cereals. Fruit Loops was one of the choices.....not sure about the others.

Thank you LovethatTink!! I've never seen any really good pics of the Ranchos before. It really looks very beautiful. I know we'll love it out on the back 40. ;)

We will be there the same time as you. :cool1: We plan on eating breakfast in our rooms each morning and then head out to the parks. I plan on requesting Cabanas 8a to be near the Dig Site as DS6 loves the pool and playground.

How great that we'll be there the same time! Our DS's are the same age. Maybe they'll be buddies at the pool. For now, we paid for a preferred room, but we might change our minds and just take our chances requesting Cabanas. It just sounds like requests are pretty hit or miss now. We want to be close to PM too because we'll probably start our days there. Have a great time and maybe we'll run into each other!

DS asked to go to Disney for his Birthday in March so we just booked 5 nites at CSR. I wanted to do a value and then upgrade to the dining plan but just could not do it. We have stayed here about 4 years ago and do like the more adult feel of the resort. The pool is great and hopefully DH will like it. We are use to BC but I just could not afford it this time.

What a great way to celebrate his b-day!! CSR was our first "step-down" from the Beach Club to a moderate. I missed Epcot being a walk away, and I did miss certain aspects of Storm-along-Bay. We had stayed at the Beach Club our first two Disney stays. Then when CSR opened we tried it out. We didn't like it then as much as we do now.

Now that the beds are queen size beds, it's even easier to fall in love with CSR!! I definately feel at home there!

Thank you LovethatTink!! I've never seen any really good pics of the Ranchos before. It really looks very beautiful. I know we'll love it out on the back 40. ;)

During the day light, I found the Ranchos to feel "blah" to me. At night, I loved the way the lighting transformed them!

Today we made our final payment. YAY!:cool1: Now it feels real and soon we will be at CSR :banana::banana::banana: Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations. First time staying onsite.

lovethattink: the pics are beautiful :thumbsup2

For those who have made special room requests, were your requests honored?...also, if you're on the dining plan and using counter service credits, does pepper market charge the 10% gratuity to your bill?... I've read some pretty bad reviews about pepper market employees, is it really so bad?

I had made special requests I even called the hotel personally to get them down and ask for Cabana's and when I checked in it wasn't honored and they claimed the only thing they had down was "no Ranchos" I got a great spot regardless but at the time I wasn't too impressed lol. I was on the dining plan and using counter service credits the pepper market does NOT charge grat to the bill no. I read the same bad reviews about it and the employees I saw none of this, I did see more guests acting like ignorant JA's than the employees, people are just SO hard to please now a days it seems. We always left 3-5 dollars each time, did they do a whole lot ? no, they sure tried their hardest to be there to clear the plates, refill drinks and I always had a pleasant server every single time. I don't know what people make working there I'm guessing not a lot so I wouldn't have the heart to not leave something.

Just looked at the DDP 2012 participating restaurants and I see nothing listed for CSR. I hope this changes!

This happens every year. CSR restaurants are not owned by Disney, so they generally do not appear on the first list of participating restaurants for the DDP as they negotiate the details (same for the Epcot restaurants that Disney doesn't own). They have been added to the list each year before January 1, and I expect that will happen again for 2012.

This happens every year. CSR restaurants are not owned by Disney, so they generally do not appear on the first list of participating restaurants for the DDP as they negotiate the details (same for the Epcot restaurants that Disney doesn't own). They have been added to the list each year before January 1, and I expect that will happen again for 2012.

Thanks for the reassurance! :goodvibes

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if highchairs are available to request at CSR. I thought I saw that pack and play's were, but was hoping they had highchairs as well. TIA

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if highchairs are available to request at CSR. I thought I saw that pack and play's were, but was hoping they had highchairs as well. TIA

There are high chairs in the food court and other restaurants, but I'm not sure you can get one in the room. There are places that rent cribs and strollers - they would probably have high chairs too. It's been a long time since my kids needed a high chair, so hopefully someone else will know for sure.

Hi everyone, my wife and I are doing our first Disney World trip in January. We staying at CS, but are wondering what's the best way to make sure we get the room we want in CS? I read that some people call in to make a request, some fax Disney a request, and some does the online check-in to request there. So what do you think is the best way at CS from your experience?

I am editing my response. I have been able to get a high chair for the room at other resorts. However, I have the most recent Cornado Springs Resor Directory of Services & Resort Map in front of me. It says...

Housekeeping
For special services including bed rails, extra pillows and blankets, baby cribs (for crib safety information, please contact HOUSEKEEPING.

Highchairs are not listed.

Hi everyone, my wife and I are doing our first Disney World trip in January. We staying at CS, but are wondering what's the best way to make sure we get the room we want in CS? I read that some people call in to make a request, some fax Disney a request, and some does the online check-in to request there. So what do you think is the best way at CS from your experience?

:welcome: to the DIS! The best way to make a room request is to request what you would like at the time of reservation, or contact WDW (or your travel agent) and have the request noted if you have already booked. CSR used to look at faxes, but it seems that the resorts don't pay attention to faxes anymore. There are some limited requests, like ground floor or near transportation that you can do during online check-in, but you can't request a building or section.

CSR offers preferred rooms if you want to be in casitas 1, 2 or 3 - that is a booking category, not a request. Otherwise, it is best to keep requests simple and limited - instead of requesting a building, request a section (like cabanas or casitas or ranchos) or a general location (close to Dig Site, upper floor, or close to main building). List requests in order of importance and limit requests to one or two things to improve your chances.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

:welcome: to the DIS! The best way to make a room request is to request what you would like at the time of reservation, or contact WDW (or your travel agent) and have the request noted if you have already booked. CSR used to look at faxes, but it seems that the resorts don't pay attention to faxes anymore. There are some limited requests, like ground floor or near transportation that you can do during online check-in, but you can't request a building or section.

CSR offers preferred rooms if you want to be in casitas 1, 2 or 3 - that is a booking category, not a request. Otherwise, it is best to keep requests simple and limited - instead of requesting a building, request a section (like cabanas or casitas or ranchos) or a general location (close to Dig Site, upper floor, or close to main building). List requests in order of importance and limit requests to one or two things to improve your chances.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! Yeah, we booked the trip online so I probably have to call Disney to add my requests.

Cheers.

I will be attending a conference at CSR. My meeting materials has a link to buy partial-day park tickets, but says you have to buy them ahead of time. When I was at CSR years ago for a conference, I recall seeing where you could buy the special tickets at the resort.

Does anyone know if I can buy them at the resort? I prefer to wait and buy them there when I have a better idea of my schedule, the weather...

I will be attending a conference at CSR. My meeting materials has a link to buy partial-day park tickets, but says you have to buy them ahead of time. When I was at CSR years ago for a conference, I recall seeing where you could buy the special tickets at the resort.

Does anyone know if I can buy them at the resort? I prefer to wait and buy them there when I have a better idea of my schedule, the weather...

You might cross post this on the Theme Parks board, because there is a DISer (Cheshire Figment) who knows pretty much everything about ticketing. I found this on the ticket sticky that he wrote:

There are three types of Convention tickets. These are only available to people who are attending conventions held on WDW. Normally purchase is via a web link provided by Disney through the convention's web site for pre-purchase, or sometimes at the convention itself. Verification of Convention attendance is required.

"After 2:00" allows admission to one park per day after 2:00pm. These tickets may not be upgraded.

"After 4:00" allows admission to one park per day after 4:00pm. These tickets may not be upgraded.

"Multi-day MYW Convention Base Ticket" is about a 10% savings from the regular MYW prices and includes one WPF&M visit.

From reading this, it seems that it is sometimes possible to buy them at the convention (which would probably mean at the convention center, not at check-in), but if your convention says you must purchase in advance, they probably won't have them available.

I'm almost certain you will not be able to get convention tickets at check-in or at the parks - you would have to get them through the convention people (if they make them available at the time of the convention).

I'm almost certain you will not be able to get convention tickets at check-in or at the parks - you would have to get them through the convention people (if they make them available at the time of the convention).

Oh! I think you are right! I think what I am remembering (from years ago) was the convention advertising the tickets in the ballroom/meeting area...and not at the check-in desk. Thanks for helping me distinguish the two. Since the convention sent this link to me - I'm thinking they are only offering the tickets through this pre-sale link.

Thanks for the reply! I will probably go ahead and pre-purchase a park ticket for one day. I just returned from a Disney trip, but would like to spend some more time in the parks if possible. :)

Hi,

Next year will be my first time staying in Conorado Springs, and i'll be bringing my kids for the first time they will be 2 and 4 months. I've seen on some reviews that people have said Coronado doesn't feel as disney like as other disney properties. I've stayed at Carribean beach and Animal Kingdom lodge and both felt disney like.

As experienced disney'ers who you say this resort as the disney feel like the others and is child friendly?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter