Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
We catch our plane in about 3 1/2 hrs and arrive at CSR later this morning!!!!!

Only bad thing so far is I'm off the schedule already; I should be still sleeping but I just can't - WAY TOO EXCITED!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I love it!! We must be related!! Up at 2:00am and catching a plane in 3.5 hours!!??!! I've been know to pull those 'special' late night hours!!

Have a great trip!! I arrive at the CSR on Sunday - for a work conference. Hoping I can squeeze in some fun too!!

CSR is even better than you big fans imagined it for me!!! It is truly amazing so far. :thumbsup2

Checked in at 10:20 AM and room was ready in Casitas 5 for us as requested. We couldn't have asked for better...corner room with one window over looking the fountain and the other the lake AND Katmark's favorite hammock!! :love:

After a great trip here, lunch and a nap, we (DH, DD9&3) are getting ready to head to HS. The CMs have all been so nice!! We ate at Pepper Market and really enjoyed it. Hostess, waitress and station CMs were all great and navigating step-upw was a breeze.

More later!

CSR is even better than you big fans imagined it for me!!! It is truly amazing so far. :thumbsup2

Checked in at 10:20 AM and room was ready in Casitas 5 for us as requested. We couldn't have asked for better...corner room with one window over looking the fountain and the other the lake AND Katmark's favorite hammock!! :love:

After a great trip here, lunch and a nap, we (DH, DD9&3) are getting ready to head to HS. The CMs have all been so nice!! We ate at Pepper Market and really enjoyed it. Hostess, waitress and station CMs were all great and navigating step-upw was a breeze.

More later!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: so good of you to check in on your arrival day. And you got Casitas 5 and you can see my hammock...I've got chills because I'm so happy for you. Enjoy the trip, and make lots of magical memories.

Did you use online check in?

I'm thinking about not using it since we have a building request noted on our reservation and I'd like to make it easier to get that building by not having KTTW cards all ready keyed for us with a room assigned. Maybe it doesn't even matter? I hear mixed opinions...

We are going to have our first one site stay (second Disney vacation) in March and are staying at CSR! I've only read a few pages of this thread but it's making me SO excited! :woohoo:

I didn't put a request in while making our reservation. What is the top requests you would put it if you were our family (myself, DH, DS7, DS5....neither one of my DSs are huge walking lovers :rolleyes:)

I'm thinking about not using it since we have a building request noted on our reservation and I'd like to make it easier to get that building by not having KTTW cards all ready keyed for us with a room assigned. Maybe it doesn't even matter? I hear mixed opinions...

No, didn't use the on line check in option and did not make any room requests.

Hi! We're staying here again in March 2012 - so excited! If we want to stay in Casitas 4, would we have to pay to upgrade to preferred? I realize that its never guaranteed, but we loved where we stayed last time because we were so close to the bus stop.

We are going to have our first one site stay (second Disney vacation) in March and are staying at CSR! I've only read a few pages of this thread but it's making me SO excited! :woohoo:

I didn't put a request in while making our reservation. What is the top requests you would put it if you were our family (myself, DH, DS7, DS5....neither one of my DSs are huge walking lovers :rolleyes:)

We like the cabanas the best (my kids are 8 and 12, but we have stayed there since they were 6 and 9 1/2). It is more important for us to be close to the Dig Site than the main building. I think I would also like Ranchos 7B - close to the Dig Site, quiet pool and laundry. If you don't want a preferred building, casitas 4 and 5 are also popular - close to bus stop #2, which is the first stop picked up and dropped off to/from the parks.

Hi! We're staying here again in March 2012 - so excited! If we want to stay in Casitas 4, would we have to pay to upgrade to preferred? I realize that its never guaranteed, but we loved where we stayed last time because we were so close to the bus stop.

Casita 4 is not a preferred building, so you can just make that request. Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred buildings.

Thank you! We are just waiting to hear if some of our friends are going to be joining us for their first Disney trip to call and make a preference. Can we also request two rooms close if not next to each other if they do decide to come?

Thank you! We are just waiting to hear if some of our friends are going to be joining us for their first Disney trip to call and make a preference. Can we also request two rooms close if not next to each other if they do decide to come?

Yes, and you can ask that the reservations be linked when you call to make room requests (if you know both reservation numbers). It is best to limit requests to what matters most, so I'd request adjoining/close rooms first then a particular area. I wouldn't make more than two requests.

For what it's worth...we used online check-in and got our request (corner room with two windows). When we picked up our keys, I asked if the request was honored, and she said my reservation screen read, "It is believed that this room has two windows. Do not change."

Another conference to add to the list - the annual Spring World Conference will be at CSR from March 25-28, 2012. Now I just have to make sure that I check in before all of the conference goers! :rotfl2:

Casitas 4 is NOT a preferred building. We stayed at CSR last month and only paid for a standard room and were assigned to Casitas 4 at check in.

Ooooh, I wonder if we'll luck out and have no conventions there March 4-11! I didn't notice any convention there the last time we went in March 2010, but they may have just not been noticeable.

Ooooh, I wonder if we'll luck out and have no conventions there March 4-11! I didn't notice any convention there the last time we went in March 2010, but they may have just not been noticeable.

I just googled "Coronado Springs Resort Conventions March 2012" and found it. I'm hoping that a convention going on at the resort results in emptier buses going to the Parks during the day. :goodvibes

For what it's worth...we used online check-in and got our request (corner room with two windows). When we picked up our keys, I asked if the request was honored, and she said my reservation screen read, "It is believed that this room has two windows. Do not change."

Thanks. I'm not too concerned about the exact room or windows just that we get in Cabanas 8A (or 8B, Ranchos 7B...close to Dig). It's already on our ressie request by the TA.

I'm thinking I'll do normal check in so cards are not keyed yet.

Thanks. I'm not too concerned about the exact room or windows just that we get in Cabanas 8A (or 8B, Ranchos 7B...close to Dig). It's already on our ressie request by the TA.

I'm thinking I'll do normal check in so cards are not keyed yet.

To me, with online check-in you have TWO chances to get your request. Once when the room is assigned with online check-in; then again at actual check-in. If your request isn't fulfilled - you can ask if your request is available.

As far as having the cards rekeyed...We have that each time anyway because we have our Undercover Tourist park tickets added to the KTTW - which means they have to be reprinted. No biggie (for us)...you do have to go to the concierge desk, but it only takes maybe 5 minutes to do. :)

Another conference to add to the list - the annual Spring World Conference will be at CSR from March 25-28, 2012. Now I just have to make sure that I check in before all of the conference goers! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the info! Conventions generally do not impact guests at all, with the possible exception of Pepper Market being busy at breakfast. The only effect we have seen during our visits is that the pool and buses are much less crowded than I would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!