• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! We look forward to our first stay at CSR over Veteran's Weekend, and I'm not sure whether to post this under Transportation. On Saturday we will be in the Magic Kingdom and plan on leaving immediately ater the Flag Retreat ceremony (beginning at 5 pm). We'd like to return to the hotel for a break before going to Illuminations, but I'm afraid it will be tight. Should we just take the monorail over to Epcot from the MK or do you think we'll have time for a quick dinner at Pepper Market?? Would it be easier to take a cab from CSR to Epcot? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi,

Next year will be my first time staying in Conorado Springs, and i'll be bringing my kids for the first time they will be 2 and 4 months. I've seen on some reviews that people have said Coronado doesn't feel as disney like as other disney properties. I've stayed at Carribean beach and Animal Kingdom lodge and both felt disney like.

As experienced disney'ers who you say this resort as the disney feel like the others and is child friendly?

Thanks

It feels every bit as Disney as AKL. It's just like AKL in that there you are transported to Africa with a Disney twist, and at CSR you are transported to Mexico with a Disney twist. There was no doubt at any time that I wasn't at Disney. There are places at CSR that have a more grown up Disney feel than a child-like Disney feel.

My partner and I are hoping to take a trip without the kids. We are hoping to stay at CS.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to walk from the farthest point in the Ranchos to El Centro.

I am looking at worst case scenario on the distance, although I think I will request Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas. We don't need or want to be near the pools but I would also prefer not to have a view of the parking lot and are not planning on requesting a preferred room. I will walk further rather than paying extra $ I can spend otherwise.

Hi Everyone! We look forward to our first stay at CSR over Veteran's Weekend, and I'm not sure whether to post this under Transportation. On Saturday we will be in the Magic Kingdom and plan on leaving right after the Flag Retreat ceremony (beginning at 5 pm). We'd like to return to the hotel for a break before going to Illuminations, but I'm afraid it will be tight. Should we just take the monorail over to Epcot from the MK or do you think we'll have time for a quick dinner at Pepper Market?? Would it be easier to take a cab from CSR to Epcot? Thanks in advance for any input.

I've never done the Flag Retreat Ceremony. What time is that done? That would help in answering the question.

My partner and I are hoping to take a trip without the kids. We are hoping to stay at CS.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to walk from the farthest point in the Ranchos to El Centro.

I am looking at worst case scenario on the distance, although I think I will request Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas. We don't need or want to be near the pools but I would also prefer not to have a view of the parking lot and are not planning on requesting a preferred room. I will walk further rather than paying extra $ I can spend otherwise.

You cannot "request" a preferred room, you have to book this as a category. If you book a preferred room you will be in Casitas 1, 2 or 3...closest to the main building. We have never stayed in the Ranchos (the only section we have yet to try). But I have walked over there and I would say it is about a 10 -12 minute walk at most, depending on how fast you walk. I can tell you that we were at the AKL in Kidani last month and it took us 12-15 minutes to walk from our room to the pool.

This happens every year. CSR restaurants are not owned by Disney, so they generally do not appear on the first list of participating restaurants for the DDP as they negotiate the details (same for the Epcot restaurants that Disney doesn't own). They have been added to the list each year before January 1, and I expect that will happen again for 2012.

WE hope so. We plan to eat breakfast at the Maya Grill almost every morning during our April visit.

So I have just returned from my first stay at CSR, first trip for me and DH as adults (haven't been in almost 20 years) and first trip for DD3. We had an amazing time. LOVED CSR!!!!

W checked in on Sat. and prior to our trip I had requested Casista's 4 (we paid for a standard room). The CM at the front desk gave DD her first visit button, some stickers and a balloon. Then she was on the phone doing her best to get us Casista's, which she couldn't and apologized but said she gave us a great location she thought we would enjoy, and she was right. 8B, we viewed the quiet pool and the lake, we were really right in the middle of the main pool and el centro and right across from us was a laundry room and right behind us was bus stop 4. This was the PERFECT location for us and boy was I glad she couldn't get us casista's. Mousekeeping was really nice, left us a towel animal and arranged DD toys in the window, very cute. Room was always cleaned early, lots of towels. Temp in the room was always cold and perfect. The main pool was so great and DD3 went down the slide and LOVED swimming. We ate at Rix the first day, a burger for DH, a hot dog for DD and chicken fingers for me and it was good, typical fast food but just fine, no complaints. We had lunch at pepper market another day, DH had the quasadia and I had the nacho's, both were really good. The servers were really friendly and the food was fresh. We also had breakfast there one day. DH and I had the breakfast platter, eggs, hashbrown and bacon, DD had a bagel. It was nothing special, just typical breakfast food but good and all made fresh. We used the bus service and either used bus stop 4 or 1 and never waited more that 10 mins for a bus and most of the time it was no more than 5. Buses seemed to come very often even when returning to the hotel. Getting to the parks was pretty quick and the rides never took too long. We always got a seat going and only had to stand once on the way back and some nice woman put her son on her lap so DD could sit but for the most part we always had a seat.

We have no complaints. It is a beautiful resort, centrally located, good food, good mousekeeping, good transportation. We would surely stay there again and I would surely request 8B again!!!

Thanks to you all for the wonderful insight and reviews which helped us choose CSR. Great resort!!!

So I have just returned from my first stay at CSR, first trip for me and DH as adults (haven't been in almost 20 years) and first trip for DD3. We had an amazing time. LOVED CSR!!!!

W checked in on Sat. and prior to our trip I had requested Casista's 4 (we paid for a standard room). The CM at the front desk gave DD her first visit button, some stickers and a balloon. Then she was on the phone doing her best to get us Casista's, which she couldn't and apologized but said she gave us a great location she thought we would enjoy, and she was right. 8B, we viewed the quiet pool and the lake, we were really right in the middle of the main pool and el centro and right across from us was a laundry room and right behind us was bus stop 4. This was the PERFECT location for us and boy was I glad she couldn't get us casista's. Mousekeeping was really nice, left us a towel animal and arranged DD toys in the window, very cute. Room was always cleaned early, lots of towels. Temp in the room was always cold and perfect. The main pool was so great and DD3 went down the slide and LOVED swimming. We ate at Rix the first day, a burger for DH, a hot dog for DD and chicken fingers for me and it was good, typical fast food but just fine, no complaints. We had lunch at pepper market another day, DH had the quasadia and I had the nacho's, both were really good. The servers were really friendly and the food was fresh. We also had breakfast there one day. DH and I had the breakfast platter, eggs, hashbrown and bacon, DD had a bagel. It was nothing special, just typical breakfast food but good and all made fresh. We used the bus service and either used bus stop 4 or 1 and never waited more that 10 mins for a bus and most of the time it was no more than 5. Buses seemed to come very often even when returning to the hotel. Getting to the parks was pretty quick and the rides never took too long. We always got a seat going and only had to stand once on the way back and some nice woman put her son on her lap so DD could sit but for the most part we always had a seat.

We have no complaints. It is a beautiful resort, centrally located, good food, good mousekeeping, good transportation. We would surely stay there again and I would surely request 8B again!!!

Thanks to you all for the wonderful insight and reviews which helped us choose CSR. Great resort!!!

I'm glad to hear all of this, but especially the part about 8B being a good location. It is where I requested we be put for our trip next year. So now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that that is where we end up.:woohoo:

Hi all, just recently back from a wonderful 5 night stay at CRS. This was our first time staying here and I must say that my family and I were extremely impressed. We arrived at around 11:30 a.m. and our room was ready and waiting for us, Cabanas 8B. The only request I made was to be close to the transportation and though we always request a top floor, our ground floor was so quiet. We had a lovely view of the sandy beach and gorgeous lake. I took so many photos…most looking like postcards with the buildings reflecting in the glass-like lake.

Mousekeeping was great and the food at the Pepper Market was also. I liked the way it was set up and our servers were most helpful in making sure that we got the most from our dining plan. The Market nachos were great…we had them twice. The pineapple margarita was soooo good. The walk to El Centro was only around 5 or 6 minutes and the bus service was always fast. We were at stop #4 and never had to stand once on the bus to the parks, being dropped off 2nd almost every night.

Unfortunately, I injured my leg on our first day at Down Town Disney and ended up in a wheelchair. CSR gave me a complimentary wheelchair to use during the length of our stay which I decided to return and hobble around on my own on the third day. We admired the Dig Site at night but I was unable to go in the water. Maybe next time.

This is a beautiful resort and despite a busy conference center it seemed quiet and not overly crowded. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks so much for all the info and reviews. I just knew that I would return with nothing but positive thoughts. Oh and don’t worry about the Disney magic…it’s there.:goodvibes

Thank you, KatMark. The ceremony begins at 5 on Main Street; I can't imagine it lasts long. I appreciate your reply.

Those were wonderful detailed posts, shadowryter, maxiesmom and KEPE. Thanks so much for taking the time to write! I'm glad you had such nice trips.

I'm so sorry to hear about your leg injury. That happened to me once first day on a trip, it's not easy especially in Disney; hope you are feeling better soon. You have a beautiful attitude!

I'll be checking in to CSR for the first time on 11/6. :goodvibes

I've made one request to stay in bldg 4 or bldg 5. I hope I will not have any issues either. I did confirm my reqest 3 times already. They seem to have that in order. I'll let you know if I get something different.

Trip Report Oct 15-22
This was our first stay at CSR well actually our first anything in Florida let alone Disney :) I think I started planning and researching it to death around March, so it was a long time coming!

Flight from Detroit was great, the lineup for the ME was kinda long but that was to be expected once it got going we were in and on very quickly. Had tears in my eyes when the little video came on welcoming us from Mickey and the gang we got there the line ups weren't that long by any means, the online checkin line was longer just an fyi lol. Got up there and it was pretty rushed I must say, but ya they were busy, I think it was around 4pm this time, she talked very quickly and kept kinda skipping over the part of exactly WHERE we were located. She did finally tell me and I was disappointed I didn't get my request, she said they had nothing down about me requesting 8A or 8B, just that I requested NOT Rancho's, but she thought where we were would be fine and I would be happy. I walked away kinda grumbling to dh and he laughed at me. We got to it and we were RIGHT outside the quiet pool our balcony overlooked it Casitas 4, it was room 4227 I believe. Nice room very clean.

My only complaint would be that we got no cute towel characters not one time, and I did take the time for the mousekeeping envelopes etc, so I was very disappointed in that, because dd kept asking where they were, lol. I explained maybe the person cleaning the room didn't know, then we'd walk down the hall and people would have them in their little window on display and she'd be like hmmmmmmmm. I myself make a mean chicken out of a facecloth so I did one up one morning and put the mousekeeping envelope in its legs thinking I was funny, still nothing, c'est la vie I guess :confused3

Buses were amazing we were 2 minutes to stop 2, and I don't know if I had a horse shoe up my butt but we would walk up and the bus we wanted was always pulling up right that moment, we never waited for a bus one single time it was amazing and I was so happy with that, not that a wait would have mattered to me at all, but was nice.

We only ate at Pepper Market, and I found it just fine, the same ole got old to me but that's my own fault for being picky. I always had bbq chicken and fries, dd always had spaghetti no meat balls, one night we got a pizza to go, dh had a variety of things, the omlettes in the morning were yummy too. Great service everytime in there, no complaints.

The quiet pool outside our room was so so nice, we would start there and then go to the main pool for the music partys, then head back to our quiet one before dinner, dd loved the waterslide as did dh and myself.

As for Disney itself, eh..... it wasn't very magical to me it was super busy, not at all what the trip thingy claimed, the Monday it said either a 2 or 4 and I would honestly hate to see it on a day where they claim 8 or 9 because I"ve never seen people like that in my life, maybe its being from the country and sheltered lol. It was like salmon swimming downstream, ha ha. I am glad we went and dd got to experience it, but I don't know if we'd go again to be honest, financially its not something I'd spend money on if had to save again, however if I came into some money I would ! Anyone know any banks I can go rob ? :scared1: We did HS the Sunday it was ok, she was a hair too short for the Rockin Coaster and didn't want to attempt the Terror one which she would have been a hair too short anyways for, the best part of that place was those guys that sat out on the sidewalk on main road and did their comedy routine, I got almost the whole thing on video and it still cracked me up watching it over again. Hopefully someones seen them and knows what I'm talking about, we didn't do alot at HS though, more shows than anything else.

We did MK on the Monday, probably busiest day of the week IMO, we were there at 915 and stayed for the fireworks and parade so put in a full 12+ hrs, and dh was great ! Those fireworks, wow there are NO words for them babies, just wow. We were there a long time so got through most of the things we wanted except Thunder Mountain which was the first thing I knew we'd tackle on the Thursday when we went back !

We did Epcot on Tuesday, I found this park really hard to manuveur through even with the map, we did Daisy and Stitch immediately upon arrival. Grabbed a FP for Test Track on our way to attempt to find Akershus, was a good breaky and dd loved it of course, went back did TT it was fun, we all loved it. By this time dh wanted to enjoy a beer in Germany so I sent him on his way after we did Nemo, we wanted to watch the Crush show he didn't so said cyaaaaaaaaaaa, the Crush show was probably one of the highlights of Epcot for us, it was SO funny ! Toured the aquarium after, then grabbed her Kim Impossible mission low and behold it was in Italy right beside Germany lol. Grabbed our secret mission cell phone, it took us to China I think if I remember right, it was a blast and I'd highly recommend doing this with your kids if they are into that sort of thing, all 3 of us got a kick out of it. That day was overcast and so we just skipped Soarin even and headed back to resort.

Wednesday was a stay at the resort and chill day, my feet needed this ! We hung at the pool and just relaxed, got ready and headed over to DTD we had a ressie at Raglon Road, and although I didn't love my steak it was a nice change from buffet food. The Irish dancers were amazing my dd really enjoyed that part, and I got my nephew's xmas present at the gift shop there too, they are Irish and he will love the sweater !

Thursday was our second day at MK, we had ressie at BBB for 1pm, did that ( an absolute amazing experience, totally worth the TON of money it costs lol ) did a few rides and then headed over to GF for dinner at 1900 Park Fare, that Lady Germaine is SO funny, she loved our autograph book how personalized it was but wondered why Lucifer wasn't in there and started yelling for him it was classic. Headed back to the MK for the Halloween party, this is the one night I needed dh to be cooperative and in a good mood, wasn't the case, he didn't even want to stay for the parade, and we never did do any trick or treating just once, about the only thing we did do was Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain for about the third time, met some more characters and left, wasn't worth the argument, sigh.

Friday was AK, I was pretty excited about this one, I love animals, we had ressie at TH and the first thing I did was grab a FP for the Safari, I WAS getting the hang of things near the end of the trip, too bad I didn't figure it out for that scary Monday haha. Rode the Rapids and the Yeti, went to the Bugs Life show, only character we got autograph for there though was Meeko, whom was so cute. Again dh was in a mood and not very patient we left after the 330 parade that day, didn't get to see even half the animals likely, didn't get over to the Dinoland either. If we ever go back will be without daddy trust me lol.

Next day was departure day, so did nothing except rush to airport and get on plane home :(

So dinners were did were Chef Mickeys for dinner ( loved ) Crystal Palace for breaky ( ok food dd didn't like the characters though ) Akershus for breaky ( good food ) Raglan Road for dinner ( ok food amazing atmosphere ) 1900 Park Fare for dinner ( ok food really sick of buffets at this point though ) and TH for breaky ( probably best breaky characters REALLY rushed through and didn't like that for dd at all, especially Daisy )

If you got through all that, congrats :) I would 100 % for sure stay at CSR again and would highly recommend it !

Our TA attached a room request to our reservation (Cabanas 8A close to Dig Site).

If I do online check in - does that room request get wiped out by the computer system?

i.e., does the resort computer assign the room or does a CM actually prepare the check in based on your TA ressie requests if It's done online?

Just trying to figure out if I want to use online check in or not.

Thank you!

We're going "home" to Coronado in January, for the fourth time; we're doing the Allegedly Free Dining Plan for the first time.

My question is, do they still have microwaves available for the room? And should we put this on the reservation as a special request, or will asking at check-in be enough?

Our TA attached a room request to our reservation (Cabanas 8A close to Dig Site).

If I do online check in - does that room request get wiped out by the computer system?

i.e., does the resort computer assign the room or does a CM actually prepare the check in based on your TA ressie requests if It's done online?

Just trying to figure out if I want to use online check in or not.

Thank you!

There is no place on the online form to request a building, and checking in online will not erase your request. Rooms are apparently assigned by computer whether you check in online or not. You can request a different location at check-in if you are not happy with the building, and the CMs will try to accommodate you (whether in the regular line or the line check-in line).

I think online check-in is most helpful for people who are familiar with the resort (since the CMs spend less time talking about the resort if you go through the online check-in line) and people who place a larger priority on getting in a room early (online check-in is helpful to let WDW know what time you will arrive) than getting a specific location.

We're going "home" to Coronado in January, for the fourth time; we're doing the Allegedly Free Dining Plan for the first time.

My question is, do they still have microwaves available for the room? And should we put this on the reservation as a special request, or will asking at check-in be enough?

Microwaves are available on request at check-in. I think they are first come, first served, so making a request in advance probably won't help (unless you have a medical reason for one).

Back last night from our first stay at CSR. We were 2 adults only on the Deluxe Dining plan( 3 SIT down meals a day and 2 snack credits, per person, per day)

*MY THOUGHTS*

The resort is HUGE! we were First put into one of the black hole 2400XX rooms and as soon as she wrote that, i asked for a change. We ended up on the third floor/ casitas 3 and LOVED IT! Perfect location overlooking the lake and right near the main bldg. we never made it farther than that( never walked around, didnt see the dig site etc)

Hated the 4 bus stops..omg took forever for drop offs, picked up- we had a rental car THANK GOD and usd that 75% off the time...wont use the buses again.

Personally wouldnt stay there again/ pay the $...this hotel to me didnt offer anything extra or special that the All Star Music didnt and we would have saved $$$$

To me, def the rooms, grounds dont feel Disney, but again, my thoughts.

Deluxe dining: WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much food- never again! what a waste of $

Front desk checkin was rushed and not very helpful, no Magic at all upon checkin.

Thats it for now....we wont be back to Disney for a while ( done vacationing for a bit as we just didnt have that MAGICAL VACATION experience this time-

but if we do go back, it will be with the kids to a Value at all stars/ suites.

Thought the bus service at CSR was excellent. Didn't really think the 5 mins it took to tour the 4 bus stops was forever.

Trip Report Oct 15-22
This was our first stay at CSR well actually our first anything in Florida let alone Disney :) I think I started planning and researching it to death around March, so it was a long time coming!

Flight from Detroit was great, the lineup for the ME was kinda long but that was to be expected once it got going we were in and on very quickly. Had tears in my eyes when the little video came on welcoming us from Mickey and the gang we got there the line ups weren't that long by any means, the online checkin line was longer just an fyi lol. Got up there and it was pretty rushed I must say, but ya they were busy, I think it was around 4pm this time, she talked very quickly and kept kinda skipping over the part of exactly WHERE we were located. She did finally tell me and I was disappointed I didn't get my request, she said they had nothing down about me requesting 8A or 8B, just that I requested NOT Rancho's, but she thought where we were would be fine and I would be happy. I walked away kinda grumbling to dh and he laughed at me. We got to it and we were RIGHT outside the quiet pool our balcony overlooked it Casitas 4, it was room 4227 I believe. Nice room very clean.

My only complaint would be that we got no cute towel characters not one time, and I did take the time for the mousekeeping envelopes etc, so I was very disappointed in that, because dd kept asking where they were, lol. I explained maybe the person cleaning the room didn't know, then we'd walk down the hall and people would have them in their little window on display and she'd be like hmmmmmmmm. I myself make a mean chicken out of a facecloth so I did one up one morning and put the mousekeeping envelope in its legs thinking I was funny, still nothing, c'est la vie I guess :confused3

Buses were amazing we were 2 minutes to stop 2, and I don't know if I had a horse shoe up my butt but we would walk up and the bus we wanted was always pulling up right that moment, we never waited for a bus one single time it was amazing and I was so happy with that, not that a wait would have mattered to me at all, but was nice.

We only ate at Pepper Market, and I found it just fine, the same ole got old to me but that's my own fault for being picky. I always had bbq chicken and fries, dd always had spaghetti no meat balls, one night we got a pizza to go, dh had a variety of things, the omlettes in the morning were yummy too. Great service everytime in there, no complaints.

The quiet pool outside our room was so so nice, we would start there and then go to the main pool for the music partys, then head back to our quiet one before dinner, dd loved the waterslide as did dh and myself.

As for Disney itself, eh..... it wasn't very magical to me it was super busy, not at all what the trip thingy claimed, the Monday it said either a 2 or 4 and I would honestly hate to see it on a day where they claim 8 or 9 because I"ve never seen people like that in my life, maybe its being from the country and sheltered lol. It was like salmon swimming downstream, ha ha. I am glad we went and dd got to experience it, but I don't know if we'd go again to be honest, financially its not something I'd spend money on if had to save again, however if I came into some money I would ! Anyone know any banks I can go rob ? :scared1: We did HS the Sunday it was ok, she was a hair too short for the Rockin Coaster and didn't want to attempt the Terror one which she would have been a hair too short anyways for, the best part of that place was those guys that sat out on the sidewalk on main road and did their comedy routine, I got almost the whole thing on video and it still cracked me up watching it over again. Hopefully someones seen them and knows what I'm talking about, we didn't do alot at HS though, more shows than anything else.

We did MK on the Monday, probably busiest day of the week IMO, we were there at 915 and stayed for the fireworks and parade so put in a full 12+ hrs, and dh was great ! Those fireworks, wow there are NO words for them babies, just wow. We were there a long time so got through most of the things we wanted except Thunder Mountain which was the first thing I knew we'd tackle on the Thursday when we went back !

We did Epcot on Tuesday, I found this park really hard to manuveur through even with the map, we did Daisy and Stitch immediately upon arrival. Grabbed a FP for Test Track on our way to attempt to find Akershus, was a good breaky and dd loved it of course, went back did TT it was fun, we all loved it. By this time dh wanted to enjoy a beer in Germany so I sent him on his way after we did Nemo, we wanted to watch the Crush show he didn't so said cyaaaaaaaaaaa, the Crush show was probably one of the highlights of Epcot for us, it was SO funny ! Toured the aquarium after, then grabbed her Kim Impossible mission low and behold it was in Italy right beside Germany lol. Grabbed our secret mission cell phone, it took us to China I think if I remember right, it was a blast and I'd highly recommend doing this with your kids if they are into that sort of thing, all 3 of us got a kick out of it. That day was overcast and so we just skipped Soarin even and headed back to resort.

Wednesday was a stay at the resort and chill day, my feet needed this ! We hung at the pool and just relaxed, got ready and headed over to DTD we had a ressie at Raglon Road, and although I didn't love my steak it was a nice change from buffet food. The Irish dancers were amazing my dd really enjoyed that part, and I got my nephew's xmas present at the gift shop there too, they are Irish and he will love the sweater !

Thursday was our second day at MK, we had ressie at BBB for 1pm, did that ( an absolute amazing experience, totally worth the TON of money it costs lol ) did a few rides and then headed over to GF for dinner at 1900 Park Fare, that Lady Germaine is SO funny, she loved our autograph book how personalized it was but wondered why Lucifer wasn't in there and started yelling for him it was classic. Headed back to the MK for the Halloween party, this is the one night I needed dh to be cooperative and in a good mood, wasn't the case, he didn't even want to stay for the parade, and we never did do any trick or treating just once, about the only thing we did do was Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain for about the third time, met some more characters and left, wasn't worth the argument, sigh.

Friday was AK, I was pretty excited about this one, I love animals, we had ressie at TH and the first thing I did was grab a FP for the Safari, I WAS getting the hang of things near the end of the trip, too bad I didn't figure it out for that scary Monday haha. Rode the Rapids and the Yeti, went to the Bugs Life show, only character we got autograph for there though was Meeko, whom was so cute. Again dh was in a mood and not very patient we left after the 330 parade that day, didn't get to see even half the animals likely, didn't get over to the Dinoland either. If we ever go back will be without daddy trust me lol.

Next day was departure day, so did nothing except rush to airport and get on plane home :(

So dinners were did were Chef Mickeys for dinner ( loved ) Crystal Palace for breaky ( ok food dd didn't like the characters though ) Akershus for breaky ( good food ) Raglan Road for dinner ( ok food amazing atmosphere ) 1900 Park Fare for dinner ( ok food really sick of buffets at this point though ) and TH for breaky ( probably best breaky characters REALLY rushed through and didn't like that for dd at all, especially Daisy )

If you got through all that, congrats :) I would 100 % for sure stay at CSR again and would highly recommend it !

I did get through all that! Glad you liked CSR. The parks did seem a bit more busy than I had expected.

Don't feel bad about the towel animals. I have stayed there 3 times this year, and only got one. The traditional Mickey that's on your bed when you check into Pop Century, that was on our Aug trip.

It all can be a bit overwhelming as a newbie, but glad you caught onto "it" by the end.

A trip to Disney can be a huge expense. It's a shame it wasn't all you had hoped it to be.

Back last night from our first stay at CSR. We were 2 adults only on the Deluxe Dining plan( 3 SIT down meals a day and 2 snack credits, per person, per day)

*MY THOUGHTS*

The resort is HUGE! we were First put into one of the black hole 2400XX rooms and as soon as she wrote that, i asked for a change. We ended up on the third floor/ casitas 3 and LOVED IT! Perfect location overlooking the lake and right near the main bldg. we never made it farther than that( never walked around, didnt see the dig site etc)

Hated the 4 bus stops..omg took forever for drop offs, picked up- we had a rental car THANK GOD and usd that 75% off the time...wont use the buses again.

Personally wouldnt stay there again/ pay the $...this hotel to me didnt offer anything extra or special that the All Star Music didnt and we would have saved $$$$

To me, def the rooms, grounds dont feel Disney, but again, my thoughts.

Deluxe dining: WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much food- never again! what a waste of $

Front desk checkin was rushed and not very helpful, no Magic at all upon checkin.

Thats it for now....we wont be back to Disney for a while ( done vacationing for a bit as we just didnt have that MAGICAL VACATION experience this time-

but if we do go back, it will be with the kids to a Value at all stars/ suites.

I'm sorry that CSR wasn't all you hoped it to be, and that you didn't have a magical vacation.

We stay at both the value and the mods. When I'm at the values, I miss the water slide, queen size beds, refrigerator, separate shampoo and conditioner and microwave.

I have a question: Are the seperate shampoo and conditioner good enough to use for a week or so? I can't use the stuff they have at the Value resorts, my hair ends up feeling like straw. But I'm all for using what they have at CSR, if you think it does a good job. Two less things to pack, and more room for Disney souvineers!

I have a question: Are the seperate shampoo and conditioner good enough to use for a week or so? I can't use the stuff they have at the Value resorts, my hair ends up feeling like straw. But I'm all for using what they have at CSR, if you think it does a good job. Two less things to pack, and more room for Disney souvineers!

It's pretty good. It is the H2O+ Aquatics line - not quite as nice as the Spa line that the Disney Cruise Line and Grand Floridian have, but much nicer than typical hotel shampoo. I usually don't pack shampoo when staying at CSR, and I'm kind of picky. I actually pack the Disney shampoo and conditioner when I go other places. :rotfl2:

My only gripe - the conditioner is super thick, so it is hard to get out of the bottle. I have to bang the bottle on my hand several times to get it moving. It works great for untangling both DDs hair and for keeping my hair manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter