Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have reservations for Sept 18-22. A husband and wife getaway trip. We are currently booked at the POP, but I am really considering changing to CSR. The pictures look beautiful. If we do change, we will book for a preferred king, which is currently available.

How long does it really take to go anywhere on the bus? It seems like a lot of stops. For instance, how much time should we allow to get to the parks?

I can speak to this because we just came back from a 9 day trip where we split between Pop and CSR. We liked both. We obviously preferred the queen beds in CSR, because when we were at Pop, my wife and I never slept in the same bed because of the doubles. The room was beautiful. We have 5 kids, so we had 2 connecting rooms, and that worked well for us. We started out in Casitas 5, but one of our rooms had a bad musty/moldy/damp smell to it, and after one night, we were moved over to Ranchos 6B. Both were near bus stops and a quiet pool, and the Ranchos building was closer to the Dig Site. Both were probably 10 minutes to walk to El Centro, about as far as you could get. We had no problem with buses. Our Ranchos building was Bus Stop 3, so there were 2 more stops before the buses left for the parks. It took an extra 5-7 minutes to get out of the parks, but the location of CSR is very central to all the parks. Once out of the parks, none of the trips took more than 10 minutes to get to a park. Waiting in the queue for a bus at Pop in the hot sun was worse to us than waiting at one of the covered stops at CSR. Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Hello

Are you allowed to sit on the deck area where the waterfall area is?
Could you your picture taken there or can kids play in that area?

Hello

Are you allowed to sit on the deck area where the waterfall area is?
Could you your picture taken there or can kids play in that area?
kids can play there but you can not sit there other than for a picture on the steps of the pyramid.

Do you think the busses will fill up first week of Sept? I was going to request Bldg. 8A to be close to the main pool, but do you think it would be better to request Bldg. 4 in Casitas? Can I request 8A or 4? Or can you only request one? We will have a car, so I could just drive around to the pool. WWYD? tia

We are here now. I didn't get my request for cabanas 8b; we are instead in Ranchos. It's ok, a lot better than casitas, which I was in last visit. Not getting the request I a little annoying because we've requested that section for the past few trips and haven't gotten it. You would think the odds would be on our favor eventually, but oh well.
About the microwave: I forgot to ask when we checked in, so I called this morning. He said none were available. I asked if they were all checked out. He just said that his computer was not allowing him to see them and that is wasn't a service they were offering now. Weird...

:rotfl: We do too! First night at POP, then headed to CSR. I would like to know also.:goodvibes

I've been so worried about what to pack and trying to get ADR's, and excited about the conference itself at CSR that I totally just realized we're going to have to figure out how to get ourselves from one resort to another....LOL

We're there Sept 8-15 and have requested Casistas 4 to be close to the gym and first bus stop. Walk to dig site and ElCentro doesn't bother us...really hope we get our request. We also have a late check in...7:30pm arrival into Orlando so hope this doesn't affect our chances :)

We are here now. I didn't get my request for cabanas 8b; we are instead in Ranchos. It's ok, a lot better than casitas, which I was in last visit. Not getting the request I a little annoying because we've requested that section for the past few trips and haven't gotten it. You would think the odds would be on our favor eventually, but oh well.
About the microwave: I forgot to ask when we checked in, so I called this morning. He said none were available. I asked if they were all checked out. He just said that his computer was not allowing him to see them and that is wasn't a service they were offering now. Weird...
You have to do it at check in or call housekeeping. Dialing the front desk from the room just gets you CRO. You never see front desk CM's on the phone, right?

But wouldn't they know and then direct me to the right people?

No.

The person you talked to was in a call center no where near WDW. Their information would show them that CSR rooms do not have microwaves. The front desk probably would have supplied one unless they were all out.

Hi all :) *waves*

I'm going to seem incredibly lazy here and for that I apologise, but I'm running out of time and confusing myself with different resorts, needing to make a decision soon!

I like the look of CSR. It's gorgeous, it's central to the parks (looks that way in the maps anyway!), it's not out of my price range and it has perks that other mods do not.

We're a family of 7. When we go the kids will range in age from 23 months up to 12 years old. Last time we went we spent most of our days in the parks, but I'm thinking that now my children are bigger they might want to use a pool rather than take a nap in our downtime.

I'm really really considering CSR, it's like it's calling to me now that I've discovered it :laughing:
My only worry is the size of it. I'd like to let my bigger children have a little freedom and wonder around a bit but worry they'd get lost. I'm also concerned about being close to somewhere to grab breakfast - preferably on the way to the bus stop!

I'm completely new to this (husband booked last time and I'm determined to do better ;) ), so please help.

One thing I'm wondering about is building requests. If our priorities are connecting rooms, close to QS food/snacks/drinks refill and bus stops, where should we request? And how do we go about doing it?
We're going at the end of May so it is a quieter time - are we any more likely to get a request do you think?

Or is all the above really something we need to pay for as preferred rooms? I need to keep the budget as low as possible so would avoid this if I can, but it's hard to tell how big the resort is from the map!

Last time we stayed ASMu and it was just fine - but we were only the second building along from the lobby so we never got to appreciate how big it was there IYKWIM. The sheer size of CBR is what puts me off going there.

OK people - GO! Make me want to book CSR today :)

I've had a private message very much recommending CSR, for which I am very grateful :)

Two things concern me, but otherwise I'm sold. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it:

1) It's a big resort. The size is what put me off CBR, so is CSR also really huge?

2) One of my children's favourite things last time were the refillable mugs. I'm not seeing many food places on the map compared to how many rooms there are - how can we ensure that we're not too far from a refill point? Is paying for a preferred room the only way? Or is it not actually as far as it looks on the map?

One thing I'm wondering about is building requests. If our priorities are connecting rooms, close to QS food/snacks/drinks refill and bus stops, where should we request? And how do we go about doing it?
We're going at the end of May so it is a quieter time - are we any more likely to get a request do you think?

Or is all the above really something we need to pay for as preferred rooms? I need to keep the budget as low as possible so would avoid this if I can, but it's hard to tell how big the resort is from the map!

In your shoes I would pay for a preferred room location and then request connecting rooms. That will put you in the rooms nearest to all of the food options, and very close to a bus stop. Have your request for connecting rooms noted when you make your reservation.

If you don't pay for preferred rooms you can end up a ways away from the restaurants.

I've had a private message very much recommending CSR, for which I am very grateful :)

Two things concern me, but otherwise I'm sold. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it:

1) It's a big resort. The size is what put me off CBR, so is CSR also really huge?

2) One of my children's favourite things last time were the refillable mugs. I'm not seeing many food places on the map compared to how many rooms there are - how can we ensure that we're not too far from a refill point? Is paying for a preferred room the only way? Or is it not actually as far as it looks on the map?
you can refill mugs at the pool too but Cafe Rix is the only location you actually refill yourself. Cm's do it for you at all the other locations.

Is the cost of the Business class rooms worth it in relation of being close to El Centro?? There is a possibility that we are headed to WDW sometime in 2014, and was wondering about this. Either way we'll definitely be booking this hotel when we do decide to lock down our dates. Thanks for the info.

Hello

Can someone tell me what type of juice they have in the business lounge is there juice boxes?
Also how are the rooms different if at all to the regular rooms i thought i read somewhere they have upgraded mattresses?
Are the rooms in good shape?

No.

The person you talked to was in a call center no where near WDW. Their information would show them that CSR rooms do not have microwaves. The front desk probably would have supplied one unless they were all out.

But wouldn't they know and then direct me to the right people?

You definitely need to call housekeeping OR visit the front desk in person to make your request.

I once had to wait a day to get one. I was put on a wait list. All other times it was brought to the room an hour or so after check in.

Is the cost of the Business class rooms worth it in relation of being close to El Centro?? There is a possibility that we are headed to WDW sometime in 2014, and was wondering about this. Either way we'll definitely be booking this hotel when we do decide to lock down our dates. Thanks for the info.
preferred rooms are for guests that want to be close to the main building and/or convention center.

The business class rooms are best if you want to be close to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter