Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like it's worth the extra money to book the business class rooms then. Realistically our flight wouldn't come in till later in the evening, due to the fact we are on the west coast. Hoping to travel to WDW in 2014, but won't know until I settle the personal injury claim I've got ongoing with the insurance agency later in the year.

I've had a private message very much recommending CSR, for which I am very grateful :)

Two things concern me, but otherwise I'm sold. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it:

1) It's a big resort. The size is what put me off CBR, so is CSR also really huge?

2) One of my children's favourite things last time were the refillable mugs. I'm not seeing many food places on the map compared to how many rooms there are - how can we ensure that we're not too far from a refill point? Is paying for a preferred room the only way? Or is it not actually as far as it looks on the map?

We stayed at CBR last summer, and just got back from CSR. I do not believe CSR is as big. Just looking across the lake from El Centro, the farthest building are not as far, but the walk all the way around the lake can take a few minutes. Our rooms were about as far from the main building as can be in Ranchos 6B, which was a downer as far as filling up the mugs. I didn't realize we could have done it at the pool until the last day. The Dig Site pool was only a short walk away, so that's an option. We also have a family of 7 with 5 kids. We were guaranteed connecting rooms because of 2 adults and 5 kids all fairly young like you have, so I believe you will as well. Overall, we enjoyed CSR, and I like having multiple covered bus stops to go to instead of just one in the sun at the values. A couple of times, we took our mugs with us to the parks and got off at the main building when we got back to fill our mugs before heading back to the room.

7 Days till we depart Oklahoma
9 Days till we check in at Coronado Springs.

My Co-works hate me right now since I have 3 days of work left and I can't stop talking about the trip lol

So I've finally decided on a preferred room in Casitas (mainly for the bus pick up). now that I've decided on the section... which building would be best? Should I choose by the quiet pool?

Yippee!!! We're all booked so it looks like its real at last! I can't quite believe it but I'll be there may 12-26th next year! Requested Cabanas, but to be honest from what I've read I don't think I'll mind much where we are! :) *bounce* :)

j67bubba - Take me with you! I can meet you at the airport! No? okay, I'll just have to wait until Halloween for my trip. :)

j67bubba - Take me with you! I can meet you at the airport! No? okay, I'll just have to wait until Halloween for my trip. :)

Sure, we are driving down there. If you don't mind two 6 1/2 year old girls on either side of you that are so excited that both have said they will keep me awake the entire non-stop drive. lol

Hello

Can someone tell me what type of juice they have in the business lounge is there juice boxes?
Also how are the rooms different if at all to the regular rooms i thought i read somewhere they have upgraded mattresses?
Are the rooms in good shape?

The lounge has little milk cartons. No juice boxes. In the evening they had cans of sodas.

We're there Sept 8-15 and have requested Casistas 4 to be close to the gym and first bus stop. Walk to dig site and ElCentro doesn't bother us...really hope we get our request. We also have a late check in...7:30pm arrival into Orlando so hope this doesn't affect our chances :)

We checked in last week after 9pm and got Casitas 4104 which was across from the bus stop... Next to quiet pool... And next to laundry.

Hi all :) *waves*

I'm going to seem incredibly lazy here and for that I apologise, but I'm running out of time and confusing myself with different resorts, needing to make a decision soon!

I like the look of CSR. It's gorgeous, it's central to the parks (looks that way in the maps anyway!), it's not out of my price range and it has perks that other mods do not.

We're a family of 7. When we go the kids will range in age from 23 months up to 12 years old. Last time we went we spent most of our days in the parks, but I'm thinking that now my children are bigger they might want to use a pool rather than take a nap in our downtime.

I'm really really considering CSR, it's like it's calling to me now that I've discovered it :laughing:
My only worry is the size of it. I'd like to let my bigger children have a little freedom and wonder around a bit but worry they'd get lost. I'm also concerned about being close to somewhere to grab breakfast - preferably on the way to the bus stop!

I'm completely new to this (husband booked last time and I'm determined to do better ;) ), so please help.

One thing I'm wondering about is building requests. If our priorities are connecting rooms, close to QS food/snacks/drinks refill and bus stops, where should we request? And how do we go about doing it?
We're going at the end of May so it is a quieter time - are we any more likely to get a request do you think?

Or is all the above really something we need to pay for as preferred rooms? I need to keep the budget as low as possible so would avoid this if I can, but it's hard to tell how big the resort is from the map!

Last time we stayed ASMu and it was just fine - but we were only the second building along from the lobby so we never got to appreciate how big it was there IYKWIM. The sheer size of CBR is what puts me off going there.

OK people - GO! Make me want to book CSR today :)

We just got back from 10 days at CSR Monday night. We had connecting rooms in Casitas building 4 on the first floor. We could see the bus stop from our window and was about 30 steps to the bus stop. The quiet pool was around the corner from our room and about 20 steps to the pool. The gym was next door to the pool and the laundry was next door to the gym. Literally building 4 had everything we needed!!!!

The walk to El Centro was about 4 minutes each way. The walk to the Dig Site was maybe 6 or 7 minutes.

Literally our stay was in the perfect location.... Our rooms were 4100 and 4101.

Ok, very close to changing my reservation from POP to CSR. We had wanted POR Riverside, for the main reason of the water taxi. However it has never opened up for our dates of FD. We could have booked FQ , but it just doesn't feel like the right place for us. The only mod we have stayed at was CBR. It was a long time ago and we had a vehicle with us. It is just too big for us without having a car. BTW, we really enjoyed our stay there.

We love the theme of CSR. We have had lunch there last year. It is a beautiful resort! The more I read the better I feel about the bus service.

Before we take the plunge, tell me if the negatives. Every resort will have some negatives.

Also, is the Pepper Market still a buffet?

Thank you:goodvibes

Ok, very close to changing my reservation from POP to CSR. We had wanted POR Riverside, for the main reason of the water taxi. However it has never opened up for our dates of FD. We could have booked FQ , but it just doesn't feel like the right place for us. The only mod we have stayed at was CBR. It was a long time ago and we had a vehicle with us. It is just too big for us without having a car. BTW, we really enjoyed our stay there.

We love the theme of CSR. We have had lunch there last year. It is a beautiful resort! The more I read the better I feel about the bus service.

Before we take the plunge, tell me if the negatives. Every resort will have some negatives.

I was always hesitant to stay at CSR but I did 10 days in May. It was absolutely wonderful! I booked business class and loved the location and the lounge. The only negative that I experienced was a longer than usual wait for the bus because one of the conferences used the buses that day to go to the parks. That was more of an inconvenience than a negative, though.

The CMs were all very friendly, the grounds are beautiful and I would definitely go there again. Enjoy your vacation!

I was wondering if anyone knows if you get free wifi at this resort. I know several others are now offering it, but wanted to know about this one. Thanks.

Pepper Market is no longer a buffet.

The negatives that come up most often probably deal with the size of the resort (which I don't think is a big deal - it's about 10 min from Ranchos to El Centro), and the food at Pepper Market. A lot of people don't like the set-up of PM. You are seated, you order at different stations, get your food, sit and eat and then pay. Because they use "servers" to get your drinks and you use real plates and silverware (not plastic) and cloth napkins, you are requested to tip. A lot of guests don't like that. For us, not a big deal. PM gets hit-and-miss reviews. On my last stay there, I had breakfast that was pretty good, and dinner that was average. Vacationing guests sometimes complain about the presence of convention-goers, they think it makes it feel less "Disney." We've never been affected by conventioneers, although I do understand that large conventions can affect how busy the pool is, how busy the restaurants are, etc. It hasn't been an issue for us. YMMV

I was wondering if anyone knows if you get free wifi at this resort. I know several others are now offering it, but wanted to know about this one. Thanks.

Yes, CSR has free wi-fi. It's not the fastest you'll ever have, but it's OK.

It is available there if you can connect to it. We were just there June 11 thru 17th & couldn't seem to connect. DD called & got the instructions but still wouldn't work for her. Next day after we came back from the park there was a note saying it was now working but she still could not connect. She called again & CM "Sandra" was very rude & told her wifi was complimentary & not guaranteed, lol. They did offer her to use the computer at the convention center for 15 minutes tho, lol. Could have just been our room, laptop or whatever.

I'm planning a solo trip during the 2nd half of October 2013 & I'm having such a hard time deciding where to stay! First of all, let me say that my dream would be to rent points from a DVC owner & stay in an AKL studio. Unfortunately, my dates aren't flexible & there are no DVC studios available during my length of stay thanks to the F&W Festival. Bummer.

So now I'm trying to decide between Coronado Springs (CSR) & Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC). I've never stayed at - or even seen - either resort. Currently, CSR would cost me about $1400, but there will probably discounts offered later this summer. Pros of staying at CSR: Disney theme, hammocks, confident about room quality (furnishings, wear & tear), convenience of using Disney transportation (including Magical Express), access to EMH, ability to pay for everything with room key & send purchases to room from parks. Cons: Very expensive for what you're getting, Disney buses take *forever* to get from Point A to Point B, no sofa in room, may not be able to get a microwave, expensive to purchase breakfast items for room, & room may be far from central area or main pool.

WBC would cost me $600 for a 1 bedroom deluxe. I would rent a car, which would add about $200 for the car itself & $120 for Disney parking fees, so the total would be about $920. Pros of staying there: more space in room, feels more like "home" than a hotel room, balcony (hopefully with a nice view), kitchen & sofa in room, less walking at resort, can prepare inexpensive breakfasts, easy access to pools, can explore other parts of Orlando if I choose, & quick driving time from resort to parks. Cons: Dealing with parking pass/time share sales people, no Disney theme, worried about quality of room (furnishings, wear & tear, etc), not sure if I'll want to drive myself everywhere, need to carry cash/credit cards, & can't send purchases back to room.

What are your thoughts? Am I missing anything on my pros & cons lists? I would love to get some feedback from folks who've stayed at CSR.

Thank you,
Shelli

I'm planning a solo trip during the 2nd half of October 2013 & I'm having such a hard time deciding where to stay! First of all, let me say that my dream would be to rent points from a DVC owner & stay in an AKL studio. Unfortunately, my dates aren't flexible & there are no DVC studios available during my length of stay thanks to the F&W Festival. Bummer.

So now I'm trying to decide between Coronado Springs (CSR) & Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC). I've never stayed at - or even seen - either resort. Currently, CSR would cost me about $1400, but there will probably discounts offered later this summer. Pros of staying at CSR: Disney theme, hammocks, confident about room quality (furnishings, wear & tear), convenience of using Disney transportation (including Magical Express), access to EMH, ability to pay for everything with room key & send purchases to room from parks. Cons: Very expensive for what you're getting, Disney buses take *forever* to get from Point A to Point B, no sofa in room, may not be able to get a microwave, expensive to purchase breakfast items for room, & room may be far from central area or main pool.

WBC would cost me $600 for a 1 bedroom deluxe. I would rent a car, which would add about $200 for the car itself & $120 for Disney parking fees, so the total would be about $920. Pros of staying there: more space in room, feels more like "home" than a hotel room, balcony (hopefully with a nice view), kitchen & sofa in room, less walking at resort, can prepare inexpensive breakfasts, easy access to pools, can explore other parts of Orlando if I choose, & quick driving time from resort to parks. Cons: Dealing with parking pass/time share sales people, no Disney theme, worried about quality of room (furnishings, wear & tear, etc), not sure if I'll want to drive myself everywhere, need to carry cash/credit cards, & can't send purchases back to room.

What are your thoughts? Am I missing anything on my pros & cons lists? I would love to get some feedback from folks who've stayed at CSR.

Thank you,
Shelli

If you are looking for that 'touch of home' with a kitchen, etc.,and room to spread out, then CSR is definitely not what you are looking for. We usually stay over at SOG where the rooms, and bathrooms are huge, and you have a good sized balcony (pool construction going on, so we decided on CSR where we've stayed before). Anyway, we found the room, and bathroom at CSR very small in comparison, and of course no balcony. However, you said it was a 'solo' trip so space should not be an issue for you. The resort property is gorgeous, and CSR has a peaceful, laid back feel compared to the other Disney resorts, which is why we are returning. The property is spread out, so if you do not enjoy walking around, you may not like CSR. I have not stayed at WBC, but we have stayed at one of the newer Hilton resorts, Parc Soleil. We loved the room which was upscale and beautiful, in fact I could have moved in there forever, but we did not enjoy the drive to Disney. Even though it is just a couple of miles from the Disney gates, the drive became a chore because of traffic, and this was in October. We are also fans of returning to the room mid day to enjoy the resort, and that was out of the question at the Hilton. We decided, we would not stay off Disney property again unless we had a minimum of 14 days to spend in the Orlando area. As far as inexpensive dinning options, you cannot beat the prices off property. I know that WBC has many fans, and it is very close to Disney property, so it may work well for you. I suppose it is all about weighing the compromises that you will need to make.

Thank you,
Shelli

I've stayed at WBC and I can say there were absolutely no issues with sales people or quality of furnishings. It was awesome. If you are looking for a "disney" experience, you won't get it here, but it is really nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The past 2 visits, we decided to stay on property because we had a really good deal and the costs wasn't that much different once we added everything up.

No experience with WBC buses but I trust disneys buses more. We now have a 10 month old and getting back to the room for a nap easily is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter