Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked four nights, July 25-28 at CSR with a Preferred King Room for DH and I :cool1:. We had been booked at CSR way back in 2001 but I did a surprise upgrade to the Poly so this will be the first official time we will be staying there.

I am considering it a warm up to our cruise to Cozumel and Progresso Mexico this fall.

I do have one major concern though after reading about 75 pages so far of this thread. I am worried that the buses will be packed going to the parks by the time they make it to Bus Stop #1 since it is the last stop.

Is this a problem? Should I change our room category to another one that will put us near another bus stop?

Thanks.

The preferred room location will be in Casitas, which is close to bus stop 2. That happens to be the first stop the busses go to, so you will be fine.

If you happen to have breakfast first at Pepper Market, just head back to bus stop 2 instead if going to bus stop 1.

Here now. .. been here since saturday. We are in Casitas 4 room 4101... requested Cabanas but so so so glad we got our room. Bus stop 2 is literally outside our room on the first floor... the laundry room is 3 doors down 10 steps away... quiet pool is around our corner 20 steps away... gym is around our corner 20 steps away. El Centro is about a 5 minute walk to fill our mugs and get breakfast at cafe rix or pepper market.... the Dig Site is a hike.... but not too bad. We love it here and LOVE having the bus stop outside our door and is first to pick up and drop off. Its crazy hot here this week.... and have been coming back every day to swim before heading out for dinner at night. We have had problems with housekeeping not cleaning our room today and no clean towels or coffee repleanishment so I called at 430 when we headed back out to AK for dinner at yak and yeti ... we came back from Downtown Disney at 10: 30 to a clean room but housekeeping had set up a pack and play in the middle of our room!!!!! Ummmm we have been here since Saturday and dont have babies. I called housekeeping again and the lady came to pick It up and she was mad!! Like she was yelling saying the 'people at the front desk are crazy and I told them you didnt have babies and they are dont know what they are doing!!' Major disconnect somewhere. Other than that Coronado is beautiful and peaceful and we love it here... the parks have been crazy crowded.... and its hot!!! If anyone has any questions let me know as im here til next Monday.

The preferred room location will be in Casitas, which is close to bus stop 2. That happens to be the first stop the busses go to, so you will be fine.

If you happen to have breakfast first at Pepper Market, just head back to bus stop 2 instead if going to bus stop 1.

So the first bus stop is the one near building #4?

Yes, bldg. 4 is right across from what is called Bus Stop 2, but happens to be the first stop the bus goes to.

I think the preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 (I was in 2).

Am I crazy for just rolling the dice on rooms? I didn't request any specific section. We did get water view - no choice, it was all that was available on the free dining. But since we have 3 rooms, I thought it would be too difficult to get too technical. I had no idea how big this resort was though! :confused:

We went as 3 separate families: My parents booked a Preferred room, and were placed in Casitas 2, My sister and family booked a regular room and they were in Ranchos 7? which was good for them because of the 2 toddlers (much easier access to the main pool, and we booked a regular room with AP discount and were given Preferred rooms in Casitas 2.

I think if you don't do the online check-in and you don't like where you are put it may be easier to get moved to a different section (assuming they are not sold out) Not sure if they can put all 3 rooms near each other though.

Am I crazy for just rolling the dice on rooms? I didn't request any specific section. We did get water view - no choice, it was all that was available on the free dining. But since we have 3 rooms, I thought it would be too difficult to get too technical. I had no idea how big this resort was though! :confused:
I would at a minimum tell them you are together. Hopefully you'll be placed near each other.

You can ask them to link your reservations and that will give you a better chance of being placed in rooms near each other.

We have reservations for Sept 18-22. A husband and wife getaway trip. We are currently booked at the POP, but I am really considering changing to CSR. The pictures look beautiful. If we do change, we will book for a preferred king, which is currently available.

How long does it really take to go anywhere on the bus? It seems like a lot of stops. For instance, how much time should we allow to get to the parks?

Hi :wave2:,
We will be staying at CSR for 3 weeks this August and we can't wait :cool1:.Over the last couple of months i have been reading on this thread,and must say the info is great and the pics are fab :thumbsup2.

I have a few questions and will probbly have a few more over the coming weeks.

We had originally requested Cabana's 9a,but after reading some horror threads on the boards and a few posts on here about the buses being full by the time they got to bus stop 3 and 4,we have now changed to Casistas 4,top floor,lake view.
We have alot of Am-EMH scheduled and would hate to have a problem with a full bus and have to wait for another.Also our 12 year old daughter has Osgood Schlatter Disease and has been having real problems with it of late,and would prefer for her to have a seat on the bus,and if we were to not be able to get on a bus because of it being full it would mean longer for her to stand waiting for one.
But i am now thinking i have made a mistake changing our requests?.As alot of people on here have stayed at CSR i would really love your input :).
We want to be close enough to El Centro as we have a few evenings where we will be taking dinner back to the room,also we will have refillable mugs,our girls would much prefer going to the Dig Site pool than a quite pool.

Also...
1/.I put our requests in last week to our Tour Operator who said they will forward this info to CSR.Question is will i have to phone CSR say a week before we fly to mention these requests again?.If yes,can someone please post it for me.

2/.Roughly how many minutes walk is Casitas 4 to the Dig Site and El Centro?.

3/.After reading what i had to say above should i have stuck with Cabana's 9a?,is this area closer to Dig Site and El Centro?.

Oh dear decisions,decisions :rotfl:.
Thank you in advance.much appreciated.x.

Hi. We were there a week ago and I was the one that told the horror story about the buses. We were in Cabanas. It is a great area and close to the dig site but quite a ways from El Centro. If I would ever stay there again I would request Casitas to be close to the first bus stop. It was a LONG wait for a bus at stop 4 by Cabanas. We walked to stop 2 on our last day and we almost filled the bus there and only let a few on at stop 3. To answer the question on the walk to the Dig Site from casitas I would guess about a 5 minute walk. It was a little ways from the Dig Site but cabanas is a ways from El Centro. My DH walked there each morning to get coffee. Also, I don't think you need to call with requests again. I sometimes call just to double check that it is noted on my reservation. CSR wasn't very willing to fill requests but did eventually. Overall, I thought it was a beautiful resort and we loved the Dig Site but was not thrilled with the buses and customer service. We didn't love the Pepper Market either. A strange set up to us but I know many love it. Hope this helps!

I was you a couple of days ago. I had requested Cabanas because it is close El Centro and not far to the Dig Site ( we have a 6 year old with us this time so that's important). I got myself into a tizzy after reading so many negative bus stories, and like you, I was going to call and request Casitas 4 to be closer to bus stop # 2. I believe Casitas 5 is closer to the Dig Site than Casitas 4, but further from El Centro...heaven help me!!! Anyway, I decided to end my moment of insanity, and stick with Cabanas. If the bus situation is bad, we will walk over to bus stop 2 in the morning. Personally, I think the Cabanas location is worth a possible morning walk to the bus, but that's just me.

Thanks for your comment :thumbsup2.It's all so confusing isn't it :rotfl:.

Here now. .. been here since saturday. We are in Casitas 4 room 4101... requested Cabanas but so so so glad we got our room. Bus stop 2 is literally outside our room on the first floor... the laundry room is 3 doors down 10 steps away... quiet pool is around our corner 20 steps away... gym is around our corner 20 steps away. El Centro is about a 5 minute walk to fill our mugs and get breakfast at cafe rix or pepper market.... the Dig Site is a hike.... but not too bad. We love it here and LOVE having the bus stop outside our door and is first to pick up and drop off. Its crazy hot here this week.... and have been coming back every day to swim before heading out for dinner at night. We have had problems with housekeeping not cleaning our room today and no clean towels or coffee repleanishment so I called at 430 when we headed back out to AK for dinner at yak and yeti ... we came back from Downtown Disney at 10: 30 to a clean room but housekeeping had set up a pack and play in the middle of our room!!!!! Ummmm we have been here since Saturday and dont have babies. I called housekeeping again and the lady came to pick It up and she was mad!! Like she was yelling saying the 'people at the front desk are crazy and I told them you didnt have babies and they are dont know what they are doing!!' Major disconnect somewhere. Other than that Coronado is beautiful and peaceful and we love it here... the parks have been crazy crowded.... and its hot!!! If anyone has any questions let me know as im here til next Monday.

Hope you are having a lovely time.I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.When you say it's a hike to the Dig Site from Casitas,what are we roughly talking in minutes?.When you use bus stop 2 which is the first pick up,by the time it gos around the resort before it leaves at El Centro,is roughly how long you are sitting on the bus?.Thank you.x.

How long does it really take to go anywhere on the bus? It seems like a lot of stops. For instance, how much time should we allow to get to the parks?

This is what i would like to know as well :thumbsup2.x.

Hi. We were there a week ago and I was the one that told the horror story about the buses. We were in Cabanas. It is a great area and close to the dig site but quite a ways from El Centro. If I would ever stay there again I would request Casitas to be close to the first bus stop. It was a LONG wait for a bus at stop 4 by Cabanas. We walked to stop 2 on our last day and we almost filled the bus there and only let a few on at stop 3. To answer the question on the walk to the Dig Site from casitas I would guess about a 5 minute walk. It was a little ways from the Dig Site but cabanas is a ways from El Centro. My DH walked there each morning to get coffee. Also, I don't think you need to call with requests again. I sometimes call just to double check that it is noted on my reservation. CSR wasn't very willing to fill requests but did eventually. Overall, I thought it was a beautiful resort and we loved the Dig Site but was not thrilled with the buses and customer service. We didn't love the Pepper Market either. A strange set up to us but I know many love it. Hope this helps!

Hello,thank you very much for your info :thumbsup2.
5 minutes is not too bad at all to the Dig Site from Casitas,with my daughter's knee problems that's only 10 minutes to us.
Pepper Market does get very mixed reviews,i suppose the only way of knowing is by eating there ourselves.We have qsdp so if it's that bad-no harm done,no money lost.Thank you again.x.

When we stayed in Casitas 4 and used bus stop 2, it was maybe 5 minutes around the resort on the bus to hit the other 3 stops. And getting to the parks was a lot faster than I thought it would be.

As a side note we too had requested Cabanas, but were placed in Casitas. We liked that location so much that we have requested it for our next stay at CSR.

Do you all think this was a crazy idea?: I had booked CSR for 3 nights and I had to cut it down to one night b/c of travel plans. The next 6 nights we are staying at AOA with my family. It's a shame we will not arrive at CSR until about 9 or 10 PM ( depends on ME). I'm hoping we will still get to enjoy the resort. I guess it would have been easier to stay at AOA or pop for the arrival night, but I was so looking forward to staying there. I hope it's not too hard to leave!

After a delay due to a blown AC compressor ($$$ and an extra night in KY), we are due to arrive at CSR late tonight. I requested cabanas 8b. What bearing does time have on requests? I need pixie dust. There were definitely some tears yesterday! Thanks.

We will be arriving early evening. Our planes lands at 5:30 and I'm guessing we will be there by 7. We have an 8pm res at Maya Grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter