Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm a little confused about room requests...

I plan on changing my POP reservation to CSR tomorrow morning (we are going Dec. 8-11). Should I request a room when I change the reservation?? Or can I wait to do that when I do online check-in the day of? I don't want to have to pay extra for requesting a building (Casita 4 or 5 ;)).

TIA!

So, I'm a little confused about room requests...

I plan on changing my POP reservation to CSR tomorrow morning (we are going Dec. 8-11). Should I request a room when I change the reservation?? Or can I wait to do that when I do online check-in the day of? I don't want to have to pay extra for requesting a building (Casita 4 or 5 ;)).

TIA!

I'd go ahead and have the CM add the request tomorrow when you make the change. It doesn't cost anything to have them add a request.

By the way, you'll be there the same time I am (Dec 4th-12th):rotfl:. Can't wait!:cool1: My room request is already on my reservation.

My wife and I are going to be at CSR the middle of September with our two boys.

We are thinking of bringing our jogging stroller to help with tired "lil" guys at the parks.

My question... How easy is it to get a stroller (jogging type) on the Disney transportation?

I have been to Disney numerous times, but this is the 1st time we have ever stayed at a Disney resort. (I am super excited)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

My wife and I are going to be at CSR the middle of September with our two boys.

We are thinking of bringing our jogging stroller to help with tired "lil" guys at the parks.

My question... How easy is it to get a stroller (jogging type) on the Disney transportation?

I have been to Disney numerous times, but this is the 1st time we have ever stayed at a Disney resort. (I am super excited)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

You will need to fold the stroller to get on the buses. You can wheel the stroller onto the monorail. Lots of people bring their own strollers! :)

Does the marina traditionally close in August? We stayed at CSR last summer and though we loved the resort we were a bit disappointed we couldn't take advantage of some of the marina amenities. We are going again in Aug (16th - 25th) are wondering if it will be open or is it typically closed for the season (if so I was wondering why, I thought may due to hurricane season but I noticed that the marinas at some of the other resorts ie. Poly were still open). Any info would be appreciated.:goodvibes

Does the marina traditionally close in August? We stayed at CSR last summer and though we loved the resort we were a bit disppointed we couldn't take advantage of some of the marina amenities. We are going again in Aug (16th - 25th) are wondering if it will be open or is it typically closed for the season (if so I was wondering why, I thought may due to hurricane season but I noticed that the marinas at some of the other resorts ie. Poly were still open). Any info would be appreciated.:goodvibes

I think it is a "cost cutting" measure. It is VERY rarely used. 1) it is not cheap, 2) there is not much place to travel on the water. Personally, we always rent our boats at the Poly because you have all of the Bay Lake to explore.

The Marina at the CSR is "open seasonably." However, none of us have figured out what "seasonably" is.

I am wanting a separate bed for my 13 yr old son who flops like a fish when he sleeps. My aunt lives really close by and said I can use her air bed. It's either a queen or double. Is there room for it??? Rolloways are $10 per night so that's another $90.

Also I saw on our package we have 100 arcade points? What's the deal with that? Do you have to buy a certain amount to get it or how does it work??

I added FD today which has added more excitement to the already wonderful feeling!!! So close to double digits!

I am wanting a separate bed for my 13 yr old son who flops like a fish when he sleeps. My aunt lives really close by and said I can use her air bed. It's either a queen or double. Is there room for it??? Rolloways are $10 per night so that's another $90.

Also I saw on our package we have 100 arcade points? What's the deal with that? Do you have to buy a certain amount to get it or how does it work??

I added FD today which has added more excitement to the already wonderful feeling!!! So close to double digits!

We have not personally used an airbed, but I know someone who is there right now said they took pictures (they haven't returned from the trip yet) and would post them when they did (to show that it fits fine).

We don't use the arcade card (our boys are in college and don't travel with us anymore), but it is free points to use in the machine at the arcade (and no, you do not need bo buy anything to use it).

I think the air bed will fit, but I can tell you for sure in three weeks! :banana: We are bringing a full/queen air mattress for DD11, who doesn't sleep well with her sister. I think I read that you can slide the desk down and put it under the window. At least that is our plan. If not, she will have to sleep with her sister!

Not sure about the arcade card - we always book room-only.

We have not personally used an airbed, but I know someone who is there right now said they took pictures (they haven't returned from the trip yet) and would post them when they did (to show that it fits fine).

We don't use the arcade card (our boys are in college and don't travel with us anymore), but it is free points to use in the machine at the arcade (and no, you do not need bo buy anything to use it).

Thanks! I'll watch for the photos. I wonder how big her bed is. I'm not sure my son will want to use the arcade credits but it will be something I can let him try.

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Thanks! I'll watch for the photos. I wonder how big her bed is. I'm not sure my son will want to use the arcade credits but it will be something I can let him try.

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Sorry...I remembered it wrong. It wasn't a "air bed" it was a rollaway. Here is what she wrote: DD19 also just arrived with the lovebirds, and is joining DD17 and I in our lovely Casitas 3 room (we added a rollaway, I took pics of it and where we have it set up in the room, and where it resides when not in use...I know some people were asking to see photos of how a rollaway fits/looks in the room. Will post after returning home!)

Sorry...I remembered it wrong. It wasn't a "air bed" it was a rollaway. Here is what she wrote: DD19 also just arrived with the lovebirds, and is joining DD17 and I in our lovely Casitas 3 room (we added a rollaway, I took pics of it and where we have it set up in the room, and where it resides when not in use...I know some people were asking to see photos of how a rollaway fits/looks in the room. Will post after returning home!)

That will still give me an idea of my space! Thanks for letting me know!

:yay: I'm sooooooo excited!!! They extended the free dining to include our dates at the end of October! So, I just saved about $400 off my trip! :yay:

We (myself, dh & our 2 kids ages 9 & 11) are coming in Dec. w/ the dining plan & are trying to decide between POR or CSR. Any suggestions, opinions, advice, etc. would be so very helpful. Thank you!

We (myself, dh & our 2 kids ages 9 & 11) are coming in Dec. w/ the dining plan & are trying to decide between POR or CSR. Any suggestions, opinions, advice, etc. would be so very helpful. Thank you!

Well, I have to say that my husband and I are total CSR converts after our Febuary trip. The newly rehabbed rooms are beautiful: I found them to be very up to date and modern. LOVED the new down comforters, so soft and fluffy. The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous and I saw it in the middle of a horribly, freezing winter when a lot of plants had died.

We did use the pool and the jaguar slide is so much fun...for kids of all ages. :rotfl: The hot tub is fantastic, too.

Don't know if you are planning on using the Disney bus system, but if you are, then CSR is the clear choice. CSR is quite centrally located; only took five minutes or so to get AKL, DHS, and EPCOT. CSR also doesn't share with other resorts, as POR and POFQ often do. In fact, my husband and I were doing some resort hopping when we were there. We took the boat from DTD to POFQ and it was a lovely ride (got a great view of the Treehouses), but LONG! We then walked from the boat dock to the bus stop, to catch a bus to EPCOT. The bus ride took forever and there seemed to be a million stops in POR and before we left the resort, there were a lot of people standing, something we never had a problem with at CSR.

So, its CSR all the way for us! :thumbsup2

Well, I have to say that my husband and I are total CSR converts after our Febuary trip. The newly rehabbed rooms are beautiful: I found them to be very up to date and modern. LOVED the new down comforters, so soft and fluffy. The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous and I saw it in the middle of a horribly, freezing winter when a lot of plants had died.

We did use the pool and the jaguar slide is so much fun...for kids of all ages. :rotfl: The hot tub is fantastic, too.

Don't know if you are planning on using the Disney bus system, but if you are, then CSR is the clear choice. CSR is quite centrally located; only took five minutes or so to get AKL, DHS, and EPCOT. CSR also doesn't share with other resorts, as POR and POFQ often do. In fact, my husband and I were doing some resort hopping when we were there. We took the boat from DTD to POFQ and it was a lovely ride (got a great view of the Treehouses), but LONG! We then walked from the boat dock to the bus stop, to catch a bus to EPCOT. The bus ride took forever and there seemed to be a million stops in POR and before we left the resort, there were a lot of people standing, something we never had a problem with at CSR.

So, its CSR all the way for us! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your tips! After reading yours and others from another thread, we have booked with CSR. I'm so excited as this will be our first stay that is NOT in a value resort. I'm looking forward to being a little more comfortable & relaxed in that environment. Woo hoo!!

Hey Kat! Just had to post here and let you know -

I'm going back to CSR!:cool1::cool1::banana::cheer2:

I had a PIN code, but didn't think I'd be able to use it, so I tossed it. And then it turns out that I can!! The CM was great, and looked up the PIN, applied it to CSR (30% off!). Going in December for my birthday, and requested Cabanas this time.

Glad to see that you're going too; I remember last year your trip was up in the air. I hope all your difficulties (Mark's knee, your son's car, etc.) have cleared up to your satisfaction!

Gotta get back to posting and reading!

Thank you so much for your tips! After reading yours and others from another thread, we have booked with CSR. I'm so excited as this will be our first stay that is NOT in a value resort. I'm looking forward to being a little more comfortable & relaxed in that environment. Woo hoo!!

I see everybody already gave you great advice and you've already made your decision. I'll just add that we love CSR (although POR would be our choice if the CSR were not available for our dates). We've stayed eight times and will be there in September for our 9th.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have as you plan your trip. There are a lot of wonderful people that come to this thread that are more than willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter