Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kat! Just had to post here and let you know -

I'm going back to CSR!:cool1::cool1::banana::cheer2:

I had a PIN code, but didn't think I'd be able to use it, so I tossed it. And then it turns out that I can!! The CM was great, and looked up the PIN, applied it to CSR (30% off!). Going in December for my birthday, and requested Cabanas this time.

Glad to see that you're going too; I remember last year your trip was up in the air. I hope all your difficulties (Mark's knee, your son's car, etc.) have cleared up to your satisfaction!

Gotta get back to posting and reading!

AWESOME NEWS! Markie's knee surgery went fine; my oldest is buying a new car this week (if he can get the deal he wants). My husband is having back surgery next Wednesday but he can go to Disney (just no roller coasters and no Tower of Terror). I have a PTR going if you want to check it out (it's in my signature). What a great place so spend a birthday (my birthday is in December too!).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You all have me so excited for our trip in Aug!!! We are staying at CSR for the very first time. DD(19) and I are taking a "girls only" trip...Dont' worry, DH and DS(22) were invited, but they practically ran away when me and DD mentioned Disney again. :rotfl:. They are taking a baseball trip with Presidential seats (for one of the nights) instead...Their loss. :rotfl:

Just rebooked my CSR w/ free dining! Saved almost $300!!!:rotfl: Can't wait to figure out my character meals!

We just switched from Poly to CSR. I decided the monorail isn't worth almost $1000!
I am excited after seeing the pics of CSR.

If I call and request casitas, should I specify a building. The pics with the courtyard looks so pretty. I have a standard view. Do all the casitas buildings have these courtyard areas? Should I request this view, or are all the doors facing the courtyard?
I would like to be close to El Centrino (?) to refill mugs easily.

One more question.... can you fit a pack n play inside the bathroom vanity doors?

:yay: I'm sooooooo excited!!! They extended the free dining to include our dates at the end of October! So, I just saved about $400 off my trip! :yay:

Congratulations!:cool1: Unfortunately both of my reservations (Oct 9th-17th at CBR and Dec 4th-12th at CSR) fell within the black out dates, so no free dining for us for either trip.:sad1: Still can't wait to be back at WDW though.

AWESOME NEWS! Markie's knee surgery went fine; my oldest is buying a new car this week (if he can get the deal he wants). My husband is having back surgery next Wednesday but he can go to Disney (just no roller coasters and no Tower of Terror). I have a PTR going if you want to check it out (it's in my signature). What a great place so spend a birthday (my birthday is in December too!).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:cool1::grouphug: Have a great trip!

My family and I are going to Disney in Septemeber and staying in Coronado. I would like to send a package there before our arrival but I am not sure what address to use and how to address it. The package would be coming from Diapers.com. I guess I am a bit confused on :
- how early to send it (obviously I will need the diapers when I get there :)
- the address (att: who?...myself?...I don't know my room # yet)
- should I call Corornado and let them know the pkg will be arriving?

TIA...this will be our first trip to Disney as a family so I want to make it as smooth as possible :)

I think the air bed will fit, but I can tell you for sure in three weeks! :banana: We are bringing a full/queen air mattress for DD11, who doesn't sleep well with her sister. I think I read that you can slide the desk down and put it under the window. At least that is our plan. If not, she will have to sleep with her sister!

Not sure about the arcade card - we always book room-only.

It will be wonderful if you can tell me how the queen air bed fits!! Hope you have a Wonderful trip!!!

My family and I are going to Disney in Septemeber and staying in Coronado. I would like to send a package there before our arrival but I am not sure what address to use and how to address it. The package would be coming from Diapers.com. I guess I am a bit confused on :
- how early to send it (obviously I will need the diapers when I get there :)
- the address (att: who?...myself?...I don't know my room # yet)
- should I call Corornado and let them know the pkg will be arriving?

TIA...this will be our first trip to Disney as a family so I want to make it as smooth as possible :)

It depends how the company ships, a week in advance should easily be good. The address to the resort is:

1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

If it were me I would put:
Coronado Springs Resort
Attn: Party Name/arriving(your arrival date)

Then I would also call the resort and advise them. Your so close!!

Have a wonderful trip!!

4 days!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Almost packed as we actually leave home in 2 days!!

Tooooooooo excited!! So looking forward to staying at CSR!!

mo x

5 days!

We are on the final countdown.

My daughter's bag is packed. Mine is ready to be packed this weekend. :woohoo:

We're very excited to get to CRS--and to Walt Disney World (and of course Harry Potter World).

My room request was faxed last week, and I am trying to see if I can have enough water/soda delivered to our room for The Green Grocer (they need $40 minimum). I'm still working on that.

But, I'm trying to get my desk cleaned at work...so I can leave my troubles away to step into Walt's wonderful world.
:cheer2:

As if I haven't asked enough questions in this thread, I am wondering if when you make your room requests if you request a certain building or to be within a "block" of rooms (like 4000-4035) or something like that. I am pretty sure we want to be in Casitas 3 but I was looking on the map and there is 3a, 3b, 3c & 3d...how do I know which one is best??? If you request certain room numbers...how do you know which rooms are what?

5 days!

We are on the final countdown.

My daughter's bag is packed. Mine is ready to be packed this weekend. :woohoo:

We're very excited to get to CRS--and to Walt Disney World (and of course Harry Potter World).

My room request was faxed last week, and I am trying to see if I can have enough water/soda delivered to our room for The Green Grocer (they need $40 minimum). I'm still working on that.

But, I'm trying to get my desk cleaned at work...so I can leave my troubles away to step into Walt's wonderful world.
:cheer2:

How exciting...I don't knkow how you can "clean your desk" knowing you are going so soon. :)

As if I haven't asked enough questions in this thread, I am wondering if when you make your room requests if you request a certain building or to be within a "block" of rooms (like 4000-4035) or something like that. I am pretty sure we want to be in Casitas 3 but I was looking on the map and there is 3a, 3b, 3c & 3d...how do I know which one is best??? If you request certain room numbers...how do you know which rooms are what?

I'm not sure what map you are looking at, but there is no 3a, 3b, 3c and 3d for the Casitas. The buildings are numbered like this: Castias 1, 2, 3 4 and 5; Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A and 9B, Ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A and 7B. I have never requested a certain "block of rooms"; I've only requested a certain section (not even building) that I would like to be in.

Hi there! My family is WDW bound the end of September for Free DDP!:woohoo: This will be our first stay at CSR, and it's mainly due to the queen size beds for my DH. The resort looks absolutely beautiful, and I was also excited to hear that it has been recently remodeled!:thumbsup2 When I made the reservations, I didn't request a specific area. Should I call back, or is that something I can do during my online check-in 10 days prior to my visit? I do realize that my request may not be granted, but I'd still like to try.

Another thing that puzzles me is the dining procedure at the Pepper Market. Is it as difficult as everyone says?:eek: Although I have ADRs throughout WDW for my TS meals, I will probably eat a couple of QS meals or breakfasts there, but it sounds complicated, so I want to be fully prepared!!!!:confused:

You all have me so excited for our trip in Aug!!! We are staying at CSR for the very first time. DD(19) and I are taking a "girls only" trip...Dont' worry, DH and DS(22) were invited, but they practically ran away when me and DD mentioned Disney again. :rotfl:. They are taking a baseball trip with Presidential seats (for one of the nights) instead...Their loss. :rotfl:

Men...can't live with them, can't live without them. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You and your daughter will have a great time at the CSR.

Just rebooked my CSR w/ free dining! Saved almost $300!!!:rotfl: Can't wait to figure out my character meals!

Let us know what you decide. :)

We just switched from Poly to CSR. I decided the monorail isn't worth almost $1000!
I am excited after seeing the pics of CSR.

If I call and request casitas, should I specify a building. The pics with the courtyard looks so pretty. I have a standard view. Do all the casitas buildings have these courtyard areas? Should I request this view, or are all the doors facing the courtyard?
I would like to be close to El Centrino (?) to refill mugs easily.

One more question.... can you fit a pack n play inside the bathroom vanity doors?

All of the Casitas (with the exception of maybe #1) have a courtyard. It depends on what you want to be closer to....Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are closer to the main building but further from the main pool. Casitas 4 and 5 are a little closer to the main pool, but a little further from the main building. DH and I love Casitas 4 and 5 and it takes me five mintues to walk to the main building and about eight minutes to the main pool from there.

I'm not sure if the pack and play will fit behind the doors in the bathroom area (it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time since I had little ones). I thought someone said they had done that though in the past. Maybe someone else can answer that.

Hi there! My family is WDW bound the end of September for Free DDP!:woohoo: This will be our first stay at CSR, and it's mainly due to the queen size beds for my DH. The resort looks absolutely beautiful, and I was also excited to hear that it has been recently remodeled!:thumbsup2 When I made the reservations, I didn't request a specific area. Should I call back, or is that something I can do during my online check-in 10 days prior to my visit? I do realize that my request may not be granted, but I'd still like to try.

Another thing that puzzles me is the dining procedure at the Pepper Market. Is it as difficult as everyone says?:eek: Although I have ADRs throughout WDW for my TS meals, I will probably eat a couple of QS meals or breakfasts there, but it sounds complicated, so I want to be fully prepared!!!!:confused:

You cannot request a "section" on the online check in. If there is an area you want to stay in, I would call and have it linked to your ressie (just remember that it is a request and not a guarantee).

It is NOT complicated at the Pepper Market. You will be given a card (think of a bingo card with squares on it) for each person in your party. You will take that card up to the station where you order your food and they will stamp what you ordered on the card and give it back to you with your food; the waitress will also stamp your drinks on there. Once you are all done eating, gather up all of the cards and give them to the cashier and she will ring it up. There is a 10% gratuity added. If you want to avoid this, ask for your food to go and sit outside to eat (we often do this so that we can look for "Ally" in the lake or just to enjoy the view). Also, the Cafe Rix has some very nice breakfast and lunch items as well--it is a grab and go.

I'm not sure what map you are looking at, but there is no 3a, 3b, 3c and 3d for the Casitas. The buildings are numbered like this: Castias 1, 2, 3 4 and 5; Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A and 9B, Ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A and 7B. I have never requested a certain "block of rooms"; I've only requested a certain section (not even building) that I would like to be in.

I might be looking at an old map...I just googled Coronado Map and it came up! Here is the map I was looking at that had "sections" so I didn't know if one area had better views than another or increased our chances of not facing a parking lot. :goodvibes

http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/_ResortAssets/Coronado_Springs/Disney_Coronado_Springs_Resort_Map.pdf

I might be looking at an old map...I just googled Coronado Map and it came up! Here is the map I was looking at that had "sections" so I didn't know if one area had better views than another or increased our chances of not facing a parking lot. :goodvibes

http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/_ResortAssets/Coronado_Springs/Disney_Coronado_Springs_Resort_Map.pdf

That is a VERY old map. Here's the most current one I have (after Casitas 5, it would be Ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A, 8B and then Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A and 9B). You can have a parking lot view from any of them, but most of those views are blocked by foilage.

coronadomap.gif

That is a VERY old map. Here's the most current one I have (after Casitas 5, it would be Ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A, 8B and then Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A and 9B). You can have a parking lot view from any of them, but most of those views are blocked by foilage.

Thanks! I knew I better check with you before I call up asking for Casitas 3c and getting a :confused3 on the other end! I will just stick with requesting Casitas 3 and hope for some Disney Magic with an awesome view!!!

If we are staying in Casitas and planning on eating breakfast at Pepper Market a few days before trying to make RD do we want to wait at Bus Stop 1 or walk back to 2 closer to our buildings since it is the 1st stop? I wasn't sure if morning RD buses tend to be full by they time they get to the El Centro stop and then us having to wait for the next one. We have a car but some days we want to do buses for ease and I want to make sure we can still make RD using Disney transportation. Ah I just can't wait for September to get here!!!

Thanks! I knew I better check with you before I call up asking for Casitas 3c and getting a :confused3 on the other end! I will just stick with requesting Casitas 3 and hope for some Disney Magic with an awesome view!!!

If we are staying in Casitas and planning on eating breakfast at Pepper Market a few days before trying to make RD do we want to wait at Bus Stop 1 or walk back to 2 closer to our buildings since it is the 1st stop? I wasn't sure if morning RD buses tend to be full by they time they get to the El Centro stop and then us having to wait for the next one. We have a car but some days we want to do buses for ease and I want to make sure we can still make RD using Disney transportation. Ah I just can't wait for September to get here!!!

We don't use the buses...we drive to the parks for rope drop and every other time as well. I think you can do either one...Bus Stop 1 or Bus Stop 2; when we have left, I have never seen piles of people waiting at the bus stops.

What are your dates in September again? I forgot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter