Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't use the buses...we drive to the parks for rope drop and every other time as well. I think you can do either one...Bus Stop 1 or Bus Stop 2; when we have left, I have never seen piles of people waiting at the bus stops.

What are your dates in September again? I forgot....

We drove a lot last year and I liked driving to every park except MK so we may end up doing more driving too but I figured since we were at such a bus friendly resort we ought to try it in case we ever want to fly down for a few days and not have a car.

We are going the 11th-21st. Started out Tues-Tues but somehow I kept finding myself calling and adding a day at the beginning so now we arrive Sat, lol. DH asked how many days I will add at the end of our trip since we don't have to be back at work until 27th and are just going to the beach for a few days after we leave. Maybe I'll tell him by "beach" I meant laying in a hammock at CSR for a few more days :lmao:
I am beyond excited to be at CSR for 10 nights!

We drove a lot last year and I liked driving to every park except MK so we may end up doing more driving too but I figured since we were at such a bus friendly resort we ought to try it in case we ever want to fly down for a few days and not have a car.

We are going the 11th-21st. Started out Tues-Tues but somehow I kept finding myself calling and adding a day at the beginning so now we arrive Sat, lol. DH asked how many days I will add at the end of our trip since we don't have to be back at work until 27th and are just going to the beach for a few days after we leave. Maybe I'll tell him by "beach" I meant laying in a hammock at CSR for a few more days :lmao:

Good...you'll be there when we're there. I'm going to try to put together a DIS meet for those staying at the CSR while I'm there (there are several of us). I know I'm meeting MaryAZ and her adorable girls at the pool one day, but I'm trying to arrange a group "meet". I'll be posting a survey as we get closer to the date. We'll be there the 17th (late) through the 21st and then driving to Marco Island for a week (which you can find in my PTR which is linked in my siggy).

I just confirmed my 'Green Grocer' order and delivery.

Having some food/snacks/water in our room will save me a few dollars while out in Florida! :cool1:

We will be there from the 11th through the 18th! :cool1:

Good...you'll be there when we're there. I'm going to try to put together a DIS meet for those staying at the CSR while I'm there (there are several of us). I know I'm meeting MaryAZ and her adorable girls at the pool one day, but I'm trying to arrange a group "meet". I'll be posting a survey as we get closer to the date. We'll be there the 17th (late) through the 21st and then driving to Marco Island for a week (which you can find in my PTR which is linked in my siggy).

I think I am going to end up missing the big DIS meet since I think you are planning for after the 18th right? :sad2:

KatMark, thank you so much for this thread. I have looked at it in the past and it's one of the main reasons why I just booked my "last minute" trip in August at CSR instead of a deluxe; I'll give it a try. Now to try and decipher all the information on here and request a good location. We are going to be 100% relying on WDW transportation and not having a bus stop that is last and packed is our most important concern. :thumbsup2

We will be staying at Coronado Springs for the very first time and we are so excited!! We will be there in mid August. :yay:

KatMark, thank you so much for this thread. I have looked at it in the past and it's one of the main reasons why I just booked my "last minute" trip in August at CSR instead of a deluxe; I'll give it a try. Now to try and decipher all the information on here and request a good location. We are going to be 100% relying on WDW transportation and not having a bus stop that is last and packed is our most important concern. :thumbsup2

Most time the buses are pretty empty. If you want to be close to the first stop picked up, ask for Casitas 3, 4 or 5; if the second bus stop is okay with you ask for one of the Ranchos (although the Ranchos are the furthest from the main building). Please don't hesitate to ask any questions...lots of great people here willing to help. And...welcome! We hope you enjoy CSR half as much as we do. :)

Thanks! I knew I better check with you before I call up asking for Casitas 3c and getting a :confused3 on the other end! I will just stick with requesting Casitas 3 and hope for some Disney Magic with an awesome view!!!

If we are staying in Casitas and planning on eating breakfast at Pepper Market a few days before trying to make RD do we want to wait at Bus Stop 1 or walk back to 2 closer to our buildings since it is the 1st stop? I wasn't sure if morning RD buses tend to be full by they time they get to the El Centro stop and then us having to wait for the next one. We have a car but some days we want to do buses for ease and I want to make sure we can still make RD using Disney transportation. Ah I just can't wait for September to get here!!!

We were in Casitas 3 this past May. We also ate outside El Centro on a few mornings. To me it wouldn't be worth walking all the way back to the other bus stop. We only had problems one morning for the MK bus. It was full by the time it got to us so we had to wait awhile for the next (i think about 30 mts.). Other than that no problems. We never stood in the mornings at all.

What are the different room categories?
I know I have a standard view. I believe I also was a water view. Is there a preferred location category as well? Any others? I want to make a request, but don't want to request something that is not part of what I paid for.

What are the different room categories?
I know I have a standard view. I believe I also was a water view. Is there a preferred location category as well? Any others? I want to make a request, but don't want to request something that is not part of what I paid for.

Standard view is just that...a standard view (could be the parking lot, a sidewalk, a courtyard, etc). You can also pay for a water view or a king room. There are no preferred rooms at the Coronado.

Standard view is just that...a standard view (could be the parking lot, a sidewalk, a courtyard, etc). You can also pay for a water view or a king room. There are no preferred rooms at the Coronado.

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I am suprised there are not preferred rooms since the place is big. Disney is usually good at coming up with ways to get people to pay extra $$ and that is an opportunity they are missing. :goodvibes
I will hope for a courtyard view then. The pics look beautiful!

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I am suprised there are not preferred rooms since the place is big. Disney is usually good at coming up with ways to get people to pay extra $$ and that is an opportunity they are missing. :goodvibes
I will hope for a courtyard view then. The pics look beautiful!

I'm guessing because it is a "convention" resort they don't feel the need to have preferred rooms (I know POR-Riverside doesn't either and it is fairly large). Most parking lot views you don't see the parking lot because of the shrubbery. I will tell you that in our eight stays, we've paid for a water view once. Six of the other seven times, we have been upgraded to a water view or a king bed. So sending a little pixiedust: for either a courtyard view or an upgrade to a water view.

Just booked our Dec trip at CSR for the 1st time!:banana: I noticed in reading the thread that several of you drive to the parks. Can anyone offer any specific driving advice/shortcuts to any of the parks from CSR? We stayed at AKL our last trip & drove most of the time. Now, we seem to prefer driving over the bus. Thanks!

Just booked our Dec trip at CSR for the 1st time!:banana: I noticed in reading the thread that several of you drive to the parks. Can anyone offer any specific driving advice/shortcuts to any of the parks from CSR? We stayed at AKL our last trip & drove most of the time. Now, we seem to prefer driving over the bus. Thanks!

I don't think there are any real "shortcuts." Just follow the signs. If my memory serves me correctly (and it is a little fuddled right now with worrying about my DH's surgery next week), when you leave the CSR, you turn left to go to all of the parks with the exception of the AK which you turn right for. I'll try to confirm that with Mark.

From this thread somewhere, I understand the laundry room takes quarters only for the washing/drying machines.

Could someone tell me if there is a machine that makes change in there? Or is there an attendant in the laundry room?

From this thread somewhere, I understand the laundry room takes quarters only for the washing/drying machines.

Could someone tell me if there is a machine that makes change in there? Or is there an attendant in the laundry room?

No attendant, but I am pretty sure there is a change machine.

Just changed my December reservation to Coronado Springs. :dance3: Does anyone know if there is room for a little Christmas tree? We are going to be there for Christmas, and I just have to have a tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter