Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed my December reservation to Coronado Springs. :dance3: Does anyone know if there is room for a little Christmas tree? We are going to be there for Christmas, and I just have to have a tree!

You could put it on the desk (if it's a "table" size) or you could move the ottomans and put it on the floor (the ottomans roll).

I have been lurking on this thread for a few days and wanted to thank you Kathy for all the great information, pictures and details about CSR. I haven't stayed at this property since 1998..our family had a so-so visit there when it first opened and I think it was because we stayed at the Ranchos area and it was so hot and dry in that section. Because of this thread we were so excited to see the updated rooms and booked this past Sunday for August 30th thru Sept 6th with meal plan!! I guess my question for you Kathy is I am travelling with my two thirty-something sisters and brother-in law. We have no kids (we ARE the kids LOL) and like pool time and quiet, margaritas, book reading, white wine, jaccuzi time...you get the picture!! Anyway what building should I request? It is not a big deal for us to walk to bus but I do like a quick walk for my morning coffee. Last year one sister and I stayed at Boardwalk Inn and booked cheapest room possible...we were upgraded to amazing poolside room close to everything with no actions on my part. That is why I am shy and hesitant to interfere with the booking gods!!!

I have been lurking on this thread for a few days and wanted to thank you Kathy for all the great information, pictures and details about CSR. I haven't stayed at this property since 1998..our family had a so-so visit there when it first opened and I think it was because we stayed at the Ranchos area and it was so hot and dry in that section. Because of this thread we were so excited to see the updated rooms and booked this past Sunday for August 30th thru Sept 6th with meal plan!! I guess my question for you Kathy is I am travelling with my two thirty-something sisters and brother-in law. We have no kids (we ARE the kids LOL) and like pool time and quiet, margaritas, book reading, white wine, jaccuzi time...you get the picture!! Anyway what building should I request? It is not a big deal for us to walk to bus but I do like a quick walk for my morning coffee. Last year one sister and I stayed at Boardwalk Inn and booked cheapest room possible...we were upgraded to amazing poolside room close to everything with no actions on my part. That is why I am shy and hesitant to interfere with the booking gods!!!

Thanks for the kind words. We were in Cabanas 9A last September (our first stay in the Cabanas) and it was a great location. It took about five minutes to the main building to get my DH's coffee and my cappucino in the morning while he got ready and I'm going to say it took no more than five minutes or so to walk to the main pool. In walking to the main building, there is the outdoor bar (Laguna...and you can also order food here) and then, of course, you have the Rix Lounge with a DJ on the weekends (and no kids after 9 p.m.--except 30 year old kids ;)).

Great advice..we are going to try for Cabanas! There does not seem to be a big convention there the week we go according to your handy schedule! We were excited to see the Rix Lounge on property. It's really a great idea now that Pleasure Island is gone. Not that we went to Pleasure Island, but I do enjoy an after park nightcap. Boy I sound like a raging drinker and I'm not at all. And yet the Grey Goose Slushies at Epcot are calling me...

On another note, my family has been through a crazy period of hospitals and tests and procedures. Sometimes it feels like it will never end..but "This too shall pass"...your husband's surgery will go well no worries!!

From this thread somewhere, I understand the laundry room takes quarters only for the washing/drying machines.

Could someone tell me if there is a machine that makes change in there? Or is there an attendant in the laundry room?

For sure the laundry room next to the Cabanas quiet pool has 2 change machines. Definitely at least one in the Ranchos laundry room. Have a wonderful trip!!:flower3:

Good...you'll be there when we're there. I'm going to try to put together a DIS meet for those staying at the CSR while I'm there (there are several of us). I know I'm meeting MaryAZ and her adorable girls at the pool one day, but I'm trying to arrange a group "meet". I'll be posting a survey as we get closer to the date. We'll be there the 17th (late) through the 21st and then driving to Marco Island for a week (which you can find in my PTR which is linked in my siggy).

My wife and I along with my two boys (5yr & 11yr) will be there during September also. Check in on 9/18 and out on 9/23.

Have been to Disney numerous times as a kid, but NEVER stayed on property.
(my Aunt & Uncle lived 10 minutes from the park)

Looking forward to 1st time on Disney property and also 1st visit for my 5yr old.

We are headed over to Daytona Beach after we check out for some "beach time". We usually go to Ft Walton, but changed everything due to our friends at BP.

Just booked our Dec trip at CSR for the 1st time!:banana: I noticed in reading the thread that several of you drive to the parks. Can anyone offer any specific driving advice/shortcuts to any of the parks from CSR? We stayed at AKL our last trip & drove most of the time. Now, we seem to prefer driving over the bus. Thanks!

How awesome! We are also coming in Dec. & staying at CS for the first time! AND...... we're in TN too!

When on the 18th do you leave?

I'm not a 100% sure when we are going to leave. Part of it will depend if we want to dash away in the morning to a park for a few hours (most likely would be MK). I think we will be gone no later than noon.

Doesn't it just figure that the 18th is the day we are in MK from before park opening (8:00 ressies at Crystal Palace) until midnight for MNSSHP with a break at WL for a late lunch/early dinner. We were planning on doing MNSSHP on the first night but our friend is flying down from the 15th - 20th and that's the only night we can go with her. Hopefully I will still be able to meet up with some of you there during our stay!!

Happy to say we just switch to csr from porfq! We will be there September 15-26. The only room available was king rooms which was fine as its our honeymoon but anyone else have issues booking standard rooms during this time frame?

Doesn't it just figure that the 18th is the day we are in MK from before park opening (8:00 ressies at Crystal Palace) until midnight for MNSSHP with a break at WL for a late lunch/early dinner. We were planning on doing MNSSHP on the first night but our friend is flying down from the 15th - 20th and that's the only night we can go with her. Hopefully I will still be able to meet up with some of you there during our stay!!

The big DIS meet has not been set yet. I'm working on a few people who I know are leaving on the 18th (we don't arrive until late the night of the 17th). Actually, Mark and I will be at the MK the afternoon/evening of the 18th for the party as well. I'm thinking the "big" DIS meet will be on the 19th or 20th...I'll be doing a poll next month to get the best time/place for everyone and we'll go with the majority.

Happy to say we just switch to csr from porfq! We will be there September 15-26. The only room available was king rooms which was fine as its our honeymoon but anyone else have issues booking standard rooms during this time frame?

First, congratulations on your honeymoon. Second, you'll be there during the time we hope to have a DIS meet so watch this thread for further details. I wouldn't worry about it...they might be holding rooms for a convention and haven't released them yet. Or, did you book the free dining? It might be that those rooms are all gone (they only allow a percentage of them for the free dining).

The big DIS meet has not been set yet. I'm working on a few people who I know are leaving on the 18th (we don't arrive until late the night of the 17th). Actually, Mark and I will be at the MK the afternoon/evening of the 18th for the party as well. I'm thinking the "big" DIS meet will be on the 19th or 20th...I'll be doing a poll next month to get the best time/place for everyone and we'll go with the majority.

I'll look forward to your poll!

We're going to the MNSSHP on the 18th, too. We're doing Tusker House for a late breakfast, and then will to go back to CSR. If I haven't done laundry yet, we'll be doing laundry at the closest quiet pool that afternoon. :laundy: If we have done laundry before the 18th, we'll be swimming at the Dig Site for a couple of hours before the party. Even if it's not the official meet up time, maybe we'll cross paths at one of the pools on the 18th before the party.

I hope to be on a bus to the MK around 3:30 to go to the party. Let's hope for great party weather and low party crowds!! :hmghost:

I'll look forward to your poll!

We're going to the MNSSHP on the 18th, too. We're doing Tusker House for a late breakfast, and then will to go back to CSR. If I haven't done laundry yet, we'll be doing laundry at the closest quiet pool that afternoon. :laundy: If we have done laundry before the 18th, we'll be swimming at the Dig Site for a couple of hours before the party. Even if it's not the official meet up time, maybe we'll cross paths at one of the pools on the 18th before the party.

I hope to be on a bus to the MK around 3:30 to go to the party. Let's hope for great party weather and low party crowds!! :hmghost:

Sounds great. I can't remember what we're doing earlier that day (I'll have to go over to my PTR and see what my last itinerary looks like. :)).

Do you all have a lime green mickey that you put somewhere? I didn't have one last year but was going to do one this year since there are so many of us at CSR.

Do you all have a lime green mickey that you put somewhere? I didn't have one last year but was going to do one this year since there are so many of us at CSR.

I picked up several of them while we were at Home Depot on Sunday getting stuff for the Japanese Beetles that are attacking my trees again this year (little buggers). I'll be putting mine in my window with my screenname on it).

I picked up several of them while we were at Home Depot on Sunday getting stuff for the Japanese Beetles that are attacking my trees again this year (little buggers). I'll be putting mine in my window with my screenname on it).

Oh that's a good idea! I was thinking of laminating one to put on my camera bag bc that thing is always attached to me!

BTW, I just made it over to your PTR and love that Mark has to try on a hat everywhere. My DH did that last year and we had a blast taking pictures of him in all the crazy hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter