Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are down to almost single digits.

We have 10 more days until our flight out. :woohoo:

I'm going to start packing this long holiday weekend. I'm a big planner, so I hate last minute rushing around.

Looks like my CSR wait just got a LOT shorter!

Returning in 64 days! Last minute trip for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary :goodvibes

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

Big Dig Pool: I thought that I read somewhere, that the pool at Coronado is heated. Did I dream that?

Fireworks: From which buildings can you see the fireworks? So far I have read that they can be seen somewhat from some of the Casitas. Where were YOU, when you saw them at Coronado?

TIA

Big Dig Pool: I thought that I read somewhere, that the pool at Coronado is heated. Did I dream that?

Fireworks: From which buildings can you see the fireworks? So far I have read that they can be seen somewhat from some of the Casitas. Where were YOU, when you saw them at Coronado?

TIA

We stayed in Casitas 3. I heard the fireworks but never saw them. At the dig site we heard them too but couldn't see anything. As for the pool, we were there in May and I'm not sure if it was heated or not. If it was it wasn't real warm but I had no problem getting right into it. Usually if it's cool it will take me like 10 mts. to get in.

TIA

I don't know about the pool being heated.

We were in Casitas 5 (top floor) facing the lake. We walked out of our door and could see the Epcot fireworks straight over the lake and cabanas. However, we could only see the high ones and could not hear the music.

I hope this helps.

Hi folks I know this will be asked time and time again but after a little info on what room to request.

Its just me and my wife going in september both able bodied and will be using the buses.

Any suggestions?

Hi folks I know this will be asked time and time again but after a little info on what room to request.

Its just me and my wife going in september both able bodied and will be using the buses.

Any suggestions?

I would ask for Casitas 4 or 5 -- not a far walk to the main building or the main pool and has some lovely courtyards (for a nice place to sit and look up at the stars) and near the quiet pool and spa.

The rest of my kids just arrived tonight, I am so excited we are finally all here at CSR together! DD24 and boyfriend are in Cabanas 9B, king size room with a lakeside water view, very nice! And great location! DD19 also just arrived with the lovebirds, and is joining DD17 and I in our lovely Casitas 3 room (we added a rollaway, I took pics of it and where we have it set up in the room, and where it resides when not in use...I know some people were asking to see photos of how a rollaway fits/looks in the room. Will post after returning home!) We are going to Epcot all together tomorrow...yay! :wizard:

Well, I can no longer say Never again. We vowed never to go back to CSR again because of issues we had the first time.

My DD21 was in a serious car accident and sustained a severe brain injury in the middle of May. We're under so much stress from our concern for her and dealing with insurance and doctors, that DH & I decided that by December we'll need to get away for our own sanity.

We ended up getting a pin code, so we're going the last week of the offer in December. This will give our DD 7 months of treatment before we even consider leaving for a few days. Since we're only going for 5 days we were trying to think of a convenient and inexpensive place to stay. For the convenient part, you can't beat the central location and the buses at CSR. The bus service was the best we had while in Disney. And the new rooms are really pretty. I'm looking so forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations in person. So I will never say never again.

Of course this trip all depends on how our daughter progresses over the next several months. I'm not overplanning this trip as it may not happen if DD needs us to be here for her.

Well, I can no longer say Never again. We vowed never to go back to CSR again because of issues we had the first time.

My DD21 was in a serious car accident and sustained a severe brain injury in the middle of May. We're under so much stress from our concern for her and dealing with insurance and doctors, that DH & I decided that by December we'll need to get away for our own sanity.

Of course this trip all depends on how our daughter progresses over the next several months. I'm not overplanning this trip as it may not happen if DD needs us to be here for her.

So sorry about your DD! :hug: I hope she has a very speedy recovery!

I'm so excited! We will be staying at CSR for the first time this december!! I love the updated rooms and think I will try to put a request in for Casitas 5. My question is are there connecting rooms at CSR? I noticed on my ressie that it no longer has that request (we were originally staying at Pop), so I wasn't sure if that meant that CSR doesn't have connecting rooms. Thanks in advance.
Everyone who is leaving for a trip soon, :wizard: Hope you have a magical vacation!

The rest of my kids just arrived tonight, I am so excited we are finally all here at CSR together! DD24 and boyfriend are in Cabanas 9B, king size room with a lakeside water view, very nice! And great location! DD19 also just arrived with the lovebirds, and is joining DD17 and I in our lovely Casitas 3 room (we added a rollaway, I took pics of it and where we have it set up in the room, and where it resides when not in use...I know some people were asking to see photos of how a rollaway fits/looks in the room. Will post after returning home!) We are going to Epcot all together tomorrow...yay! :wizard:

Thanks for the update (and thanks for taking those pictures with the rollaway...I hope you will let me use them when I have to update this site when it gets to 245 pages). Enjoy the rest of your trip.

We ended up getting a pin code, so we're going the last week of the offer in December. This will give our DD 7 months of treatment before we even consider leaving for a few days. Since we're only going for 5 days we were trying to think of a convenient and inexpensive place to stay. For the convenient part, you can't beat the central location and the buses at CSR. The bus service was the best we had while in Disney. And the new rooms are really pretty. I'm looking so forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations in person. So I will never say never again.

First, as most important, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I akm sending many :hug: and pixiedust:pixiedust: for a full recovery soon.

Second, I don't remember what your issues were when you were there last time. But PLEASE ask to see a manager or assistant manager if you don't get the response you want. I have found that if you don't report the problem nothing will get done to rectify it. I'll be thinking about you and your daughter over the next several months.

I'm so excited! We will be staying at CSR for the first time this december!! I love the updated rooms and think I will try to put a request in for Casitas 5. My question is are there connecting rooms at CSR? I noticed on my ressie that it no longer has that request (we were originally staying at Pop), so I wasn't sure if that meant that CSR doesn't have connecting rooms. Thanks in advance.
Everyone who is leaving for a trip soon, :wizard: Hope you have a magical vacation!

Yes, there are connecting (as well as adjoining) rooms. You can request them but they are not guaranteed.

DD and I are staying at CSR in Sept. This is our first stay at anything but a value and I am excited (DD is a little disappointed about missing the poolside activities and movies at ASMu but I think the slide at CSR will win her over.)

My question is do they have the little caricature stations at CSR like they do the values? We get one of DD every year, it's a tradition we can't skip! I guess we could always get one done at the parks but it has always been much more convenient to get one at the resort. Thanks!

Thanks KatMark for your reply. I will give disney a call to add the request to our ressie.

Also thanks for your dedication and hard work to this thread..honestly I wasn't too happy about staying at CSR(the theming wasn't my cup of tea) when we first decided to upgrade and it was our only choice for a mod, but after reading through this thread and seeing all the great reviews from everyone i think i'm almost more excited for our Dec trip than our Sept trip LOL. The rooms just look luxurious and the beds look heavenly after a long day of park touring.

We just got back from staying at CSR. It was a great stay. I was concerned that if I did online check in that I would not get my only request which was Castitas 5 or 4. I decided to get it a shot anyway and did online check in. I got my packet and keys quickly and was assigned Casitas 5. :woohoo: It was a quick walk to the dig site and they had given us a waterview room. We had booked std. The staff was courteous and friendly. We spent all our time at the pool when we were there. We took a evening stroll around the lake which was pleasant. I slept great on the queen beds. The ceiling fans in the room really make it easier for me to sleep better. We have stayed in cabanas before and liked it too. Maybe we will try Ranchos next time. I really like this resort and will stay here again!

I am here at CSR right now and LOVING it! check out my last post in my pre trippie for a quick live report! :thumbsup2

or read it right here, haha!

In Disney World right this very minute!
We're here, we're here!!! Arrived at 8:15 last night - airline travel was as smooth as could be, check in at Coronado Springs Resort was awesome (I had done online, so it was a breeze when we arrived! lovin' it!) our room is perfect - we are in Casitas 3 with a beautiful lakeside waterview (no extra chg!) on the 4th floor, everything was as I had put down for my room requests...the room and view are gorgeous and oh so handy for us in regards to the dance competition being in the convention center, plus it's just so nice being a quick 2-3 minute walk to El Centro for refills, gift shop, dining, etc! And we can walk it completely under cover, as we did this evening, during a downpour. Pepper Market has been delicious so far and easy enough for us to figure out, did our order "to go" last night upon arrival as we were pooped and wanted to eat in our room, plus I didn't wish to pay the required gratuity, but we then ate in the PM today for late lunch and I didn't mind the gratuity then as we wanted a bit of extra service/luxury after our morning portion of our park day, haha, we needed a little break!...bus service has been great so far, have been able to sit for every trip thus far. We followed an excellent touring plan for Magic Kingdom today, and was in awe of how well it worked! After an afternoon break (ate & swam at the quiet pool) back at CSR, we returned to MK and ate dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and his friends (we were seated 15 min. early before our actual ADR time, which was so great as it was raining out anyway), and got to meet up with fellow Dis'er and dancemom, Diamondintheruff, her beautiful children and her mom! Fun stuff!!!

Ready to collapse into bed so...Ta Ta for now! Hope to update again soon!

sounds SOOO great!!! glad you're all having such a wonderful time :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter