Come Obsess With Me - Going Home to the Poly, Sept 2010 - UPDATE What I Forgot...

You guys are leaving the day before we arrive.
I understand about the pictures. We took over 2,000 on our honeymoon at Disney was well. I'd hate to come home and wish I'd taken more pictures! (it happened once and I vowed it would never happen again haha)
I really need to fit in time to get some Tonga Toast. It looks sooo yummy.
I'm in the middle of deciding on what to wear on my feet as well. I think I need to wear sneakers but my hot feet are used to sandals. Last trip with sandals I had some issues though.

Hey everyone!

I am just giddy right now and I can't sit still!

We, originally, were staying off-site on Friday night since we weren't going to get into Orlando until later and then checking into Poly early Saturday morning.

So, yesterday after work, DH called and asked if I could get the entire day off on Friday and would we want to leave on Thursday instead. I told him that I wasn't sure if we'd be able to book Poly for Friday night and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take the full day off.

Fast forward to this morning: I requested Friday morning off and got it!!! So, we looked at availability with the TA and DH decided we will try Contemporary out for one night, SO! We are staying at Contemporary Magic Kingdom View Atrium Club level on Friday night!!!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We Pricelined our Friday hotel, so I am going to try to call the hotel to switch it to Thursday, but if not, we'll just be out that $30 (sucks, but I'm used to it with DH changing his mind).

7 days from right now, I'll be at WDW!!!!! Yee HAW!!!

How the crap am I supposed to work now?

Hey everyone!

I am just giddy right now and I can't sit still!

We, originally, were staying off-site on Friday night since we weren't going to get into Orlando until later and then checking into Poly early Saturday morning.

So, yesterday after work, DH called and asked if I could get the entire day off on Friday and would we want to leave on Thursday instead. I told him that I wasn't sure if we'd be able to book Poly for Friday night and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take the full day off.

Fast forward to this morning: I requested Friday morning off and got it!!! So, we looked at availability with the TA and DH decided we will try Contemporary out for one night, SO! We are staying at Contemporary Magic Kingdom View Atrium Club level on Friday night!!!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We Pricelined our Friday hotel, so I am going to try to call the hotel to switch it to Thursday, but if not, we'll just be out that $30 (sucks, but I'm used to it with DH changing his mind).

7 days from right now, I'll be at WDW!!!!! Yee HAW!!!

How the crap am I supposed to work now?

How great! :goodvibes That's so exciting!!!

I would rather have gone for the Poly Theme Park View club level, but whatever. We've never stayed at CR and I always said I wanted to try all of the Disney resorts.

:lmao:

I guess that means that I better get my butt in gear and start packing!

Okay, I'm caught up after Labor Day weekend. :goodvibes

... and I missed the shoe discussion! :eek: (I think I'm bringing 3 pairs, much to my hubby's dismay. *evil laugh*)

Everyone's getting so close -- that's faaaaaaaabulous!

My DH has officially announced that we are going to be "broken". This is our first stay in the MK area and now we are staying at 2 of them. He did say that he thinks CR Magic Kingdom view is going to break me more than Poly, but I'm not so sure.

I don't really like CR's "theme", but who can argue with being within walking distance of MK? I mean, really?

But I love Poly's theme!

Of course, we did say that AKL was going to break us down and it did...it was our first deluxe resort and we've never gone back to the mods.

:laughing:

My DH has officially announced that we are going to be "broken". This is our first stay in the MK area and now we are staying at 2 of them. He did say that he thinks CR Magic Kingdom view is going to break me more than Poly, but I'm not so sure.

I don't really like CR's "theme", but who can argue with being within walking distance of MK? I mean, really?

But I love Poly's theme!

Of course, we did say that AKL was going to break us down and it did...it was our first deluxe resort and we've never gone back to the mods.

:laughing:

No reason to compromise, I foresee many split stays in your future! :thumbsup2

So get this - a little single digit dance pixie dust!

For the past several days (and more), we've been checking periodically to see if there happened to be an open time at 'Ohana on the 20th. We already have an ADR for Kona, but we've already been there a bunch of times and have yet to try 'Ohana for dinner.

Just a little while ago I was sitting here, enjoying a day off, and had the feeling that I should check it out. I did and what do you know? A slot was open at 8:55! :eek: You'd better believe I jumped all over it!!!!! :woohoo:

I figure we'll maybe have something at the lounge that evening, to hold ourselves over before dinner. I was a little apprehensive about making such a late reservation - even though there was no way I was about to let it pass me by! - since we normally eat earlier. But we'll find a way to work it out. ;)

So now our ADR's look like this:

Saturday, 9/18
Dinner @ Narcoossee’s

Sunday, 9/19
Dinner @ California Grill

Monday, 9/20
Breakfast @ Poly Lounge
Lunch @ Coral Reef
Dinner @ 'Ohana

Tuesday, 9/21
Dinner @ Artist Point

Wednesday, 9/22
Dinner @ The Flying Fish Café

Thursday, 9/23
Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse

Friday, 9/24
Breakfast @ ‘Ohana
Lunch @ Les Chefs de France

I can taste that bread pudding now! :laughing:

That's so awesome that you got the Ohana ressie :woohoo:
Your ADRs look so great!!! I don't suppose you'll be posting a TR with dining reviews upon return??? :)

Sigh. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

After days of wracking my brain, going through all the possible options of what I might need day to day, I thought I was fully on top of things.

In fact, last night DH and I went shopping and I grabbed a bunch of incidentals like socks, a couple of t-shirts (sometimes you can't pack enough...you just can't), hair elastics (where do those things disappear to anyway?), etc etc.

But then this morning, I remembered the one thing that I hadn't thought to look for. The one thing I haven't seen in the 7 months since we've moved.

My bathing suit!!! :scared1:

So I just went upstairs and searched through everything in our bedroom and in the spare bedroom as well. It's nowhere to be found. I can only imagine that it was in the one bag of clothes which must have been discarded by accident. A bag which also, sadly, contained a super cute cotton dress DH bought for me last year at the Poly, with Minnie Mouse and Hawaiian flowers printed on it. Not to mention several pairs of shorts and, come to think of it, the cover-up I wear to the pool.

And we were JUST OUT LAST NIGHT!!!!

Who wants to go bathing suit shopping? Like, ever???

Sigh.

Blah, I hate it when I lose something. Drives ... me ... completely ... insane. Any chance it's just been misplaced? :(

So with you on the "shopping for bathing suits" thing, ugh!

Blah, I hate it when I lose something. Drives ... me ... completely ... insane. Any chance it's just been misplaced? :(

So with you on the "shopping for bathing suits" thing, ugh!

No, I don't think so. There's not another bag of clothing anywhere, not even in the garage (I know because I had DH check while he was cleaning the garage like a madman). Sigh again. You know I'll find the bag when we get back, right? :laughing:

I went and bought another one today, though. Slim pickings, obviously with it being September and all, but I managed. Also picked up a cute cover-up which I actually like more than the suit! :laughing:

Then I went through my clothes and tried on everything to make sure that it all works and fits and whatnot. 6 days - coming down to the wire! Yay!:woohoo:

Oh, that just stinks!!! I had to do the swimsuit shopping extravaganza this past spring and it was awful! I hate swimsuit shopping. It has to be one of the most depressing things to do ever.

Glad you got another one, though! And a cute cover-up!

We are about 90% packed for Thursday!! I just have to make sure that everything is organized and in the correct bags.

We went out and bought the little one 2 new pairs of shoes so she has cute shoes for the trip now that she is really walking alot.

I'm just going to pull out the banana dance....don't mind me....

:banana::banana:

Yep yep, when you get back... you'll find the missing bag of goodies. That sounds all too familiar! :laughing: I turned the house upside down just this Saturday over some random missing cosmetics, which I either threw out before our last big move or I put it somewhere that'll I'll discover after we get back or I buy another. My husband left me alone when I was searching as he could smell the crazy in the air ... smart one, he is. ;)

I'm so glad to hear other people trying on clothes before a trip... just to be sure. :thumbsup2 Which reminds me, I should really be laying out my clothes before too long. Joining MissLiz in adding a banana: :banana:

My hubby must be getting excited too, as he mentioned Saturday morning that he'd been looking at getting us new smartphones for the trip (we're still Dark Ages phones, just one step more modern than a rotary). So we ordered two fancy thingamajigs and now he's actually displaying some vague enthusiasm, haha. Such a nerd! :3dglasses

Getting so close. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this week.

I'm so glad to hear other people trying on clothes before a trip... just to be sure. :thumbsup2 Which reminds me, I should really be laying out my clothes before too long. Joining MissLiz in adding a banana: :banana:

Getting so close. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this week.

And a banana here too for all of us leaving in a matter of days!! :banana::banana:

Anyone done packing yet? :rotfl:
I have not actually started yet, but have lists of just about everything that needs to be packed and done before we hit the airport Sunday. And I have mentally picked out my outfits and packed dozens of times :rolleyes1

I have not actually started yet, but have lists of just about everything that needs to be packed and done before we hit the airport Sunday. And I have mentally picked out my outfits and packed dozens of times :rolleyes1

Oh yeah! I've not started... however I've got my lists and a huge pile of junk assembled at the ready. I'm not sure if I'm an obsessed planner with my lists :confused:; I like to think of them more as my handy reminders because I'd forget to bring half the stuff we need if there were no lists.

I always *think* I'm packing lightly, then I actually pack ... :rolleyes1 How does it multiply in bulk like that?

In keeping with the theme, this post needs some bananas: :banana::banana::banana:

And a banana here too for all of us leaving in a matter of days!! :banana::banana:

Last night, I set aside my to-be-packed underwear and socks. Does that count? :laughing:

Yes, mentally, this is all done and redone by now! In reality I just know I'm gonna end up packing something I need before Saturday morning and I'll just have to go through everything to find it. :rolleyes: So it's best to stick to mental for now. I'll probably get it done Thursday night.

I'm having fun looking for travel-sized bottles of everything so I don't have to pack the full size - I never thought about it before, but the full-sized shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body wash, etc etc really does take up a lot of valuable suitcase real estate! Not to mention room in the shower. So DH picked up little 3 oz plastic bottles for the shower stuff (I figure 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 body wash because let's face it, I use the wash at the Poly anyway!), and I grabbed a couple of travel bottles of hairspray yesterday.

Oh yeah! I've not started... however I've got my lists and a huge pile of junk assembled at the ready. I'm not sure if I'm an obsessed planner with my lists :confused:; I like to think of them more as my handy reminders because I'd forget to bring half the stuff we need if there were no lists.

I always *think* I'm packing lightly, then I actually pack ... :rolleyes1 How does it multiply in bulk like that?

In keeping with the theme, this post needs some bananas: :banana::banana::banana:

Tell me about it! Already, in my head, I'm packing several extra tees, much more underwear than anyone needs or wears EVER, socks galore....:rolleyes:

I'm starting to pack too! I pulled out a couple suitcases last night and put the pool items, glow items, ponchos, and a bunch of the kids clothes. It's getting closer!!!

Excited for (and jealous of) you folks leaving shortly!

I got it all warmed up for you, so have lots of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter