Come Obsess With Me - Going Home to the Poly, Sept 2010 - UPDATE What I Forgot...

I'm having fun looking for travel-sized bottles of everything so I don't have to pack the full size - I never thought about it before, but the full-sized shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body wash, etc etc really does take up a lot of valuable suitcase real estate! Not to mention room in the shower. So DH picked up little 3 oz plastic bottles for the shower stuff (I figure 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 body wash because let's face it, I use the wash at the Poly anyway!), and I grabbed a couple of travel bottles of hairspray yesterday.

3oz size toiletries are great - you can use them up, throw them away and use the vacated space to bring home Disney stuff :cheer2:

I'm almost packed! Yay!!!

We have to go shopping for some last minute things either tonight or tomorrow night. We completely forgot that we only sent DH's grandma a card for her birthday because we were going to bring her present to give her at WDW so now we have to run out and get her something.

DH and I were going through WDW menus on Sunday night and I kept saying "Ooh, that drink sounds good! Yum, that drink sounds awesome!" and he asked if I was going to get trashed at WDW and I said "Yes, yes I am!"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually, no, no I'm not, but I do plan to try some new drinks while we are there.

I just remembered what I always forget and maybe it will help some of you too :laughing:

a BELT! Seriously, I forget it and my pants always creep down. My DH thinks it is hysterical...except if we go bowling and I forget a belt :lmao:

Oooh, thank you for reminding me!

I forgot a belt when we went to Tennessee last week and I had to steal DH's that didn't really fit.

I've put a sticky note on my calendar to remember!

Thanks!

Good morning folks. :goodvibes (I would say "ladies" but don't want anyone to feel left out.)

DH and I were going through WDW menus on Sunday night and I kept saying "Ooh, that drink sounds good! Yum, that drink sounds awesome!" and he asked if I was going to get trashed at WDW and I said "Yes, yes I am!"

:rotfl: If I don't get to try -- at very minimum -- at least two of Poly's signature drinks as well as the lovely aforementioned slushies, I will be extremely disappointed. I am determined to not be disappointed.

I just remembered what I always forget and maybe it will help some of you too :laughing:

a BELT! Seriously, I forget it and my pants always creep down. My DH thinks it is hysterical...except if we go bowling and I forget a belt :lmao:

Oh, thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup2 As a humane service to the sight of all guests of the Poly and at the WDW parks, I will be bringing a belt for my hubby.

I think I may have to have the laptop out when I finish packing so that I can come on here to make sure I have everything. You guys are the best reminders.

I tried on a pair of capris that I haven't worn since I was barely preggo with DD #2 that hasn't fit for just about 2 years and guess what? They fit!!! Yay, yay, yay!!!

I've been on Weight Watchers for about a month and I'm seeing results. I don't have a bunch to lose, but I made a deal with DH to have us both do that. So, after that, I started pulling out all of my pants that have been lurking in the back of my closet to try them on. I'm so close on a lot of them, but I'm still working on it.

But I do have one more pair of capris for vacation! That is always nice. It's like new clothes that are free.

I tried on a pair of capris that I haven't worn since I was barely preggo with DD #2 that hasn't fit for just about 2 years and guess what? They fit!!! Yay, yay, yay!!!

Congratulations!! :goodvibes

I think you should treat yourself to a few coctails to celebrate :thumbsup2

Now we just all need to remember not to try on any "close to fitting" clothes immediately upon our return from vacation. If we all sample as much food and frozen beverages as we are anticipating we are going to be :scared1:

Oh, congrats on the "new" old clothes fitting, MissLiz! :yay: I looooove that and I really need to get back into some old clothes myself. *sigh* Maybe after vacation...:rolleyes1 Too much temptation for me.

Oh, not sure if anyone orders water to be sent to the resort but I ordered mine today from Costco based on their 2-3 day business day delivery.

Well friends, we are almost there. Almost at THE day. The leaving day. Day Zero, as I call it.

We packed up last night. DH is almost completely packed except for, like, his toothbrush. I have a couple of other things to pack away like medication and such, which I need to have on display or I'll forget to take it - so that'll get tossed in right before we leave. I also have a few things which need to be washed, and which will then be packed away as well...

LIKE MY OLD BATHING SUIT! :headache:

...which DH found in the attic yesterday, in a box of random bedroom stuff. I'm really not sure what we were thinking as we finished packing before the move, I'm really not. So now I have two! :laughing:

So the plan is this: Leaving work at my normal time on Friday (I HOPE! You know there's always the last-minute junk prior to leaving for vacation!). Tap dancing the entire way to the train. Tap dancing and possibly doing cartwheels, which I don't know how to do but somehow believe I'll magically be capable of, to the next train. Jumping in the car with DH and either going to dinner or getting takeout and enjoying a nice evening together, during which time we will giggle like children and say "OH MY GOD!" at least a hundred times.

And then trying desperately to get to sleep so we can wake up at 4:00 on Saturday morning! I mean, we'll wake up on time for sure :) but I'd like to not feel the way I've felt the past two trips, when I got next to no sleep and pretty much stumbled my way around feeling ill. A towncar will pick us up at 4:30 and carry us off to Philadelphia International Airport, where we will then wait impatiently and eat bland, mediocre airport food just to hold us over til we get to the resort.

Our flight is at 7:00, and once we land in Orlando and get our luggage, we'll get into yet another towncar and be whisked off directly to the Polynesian! :woohoo: We had a great driver last year, I hope we get her again this year.

Then a week's worth of magical hijinks will ensue! :yay:

Now if I can just get through these next couple of days at work...:rolleyes:

I just got excited reading your post, MrsB! I seriously can't wait to leave!!!

We did some more shopping last night and then I decided to veg in front of Glee reruns instead of packing, so....

Tonight is the final pack! We are leaving the minute I get home from work tomorrow night, so there won't be time to pack then. I want everything done tonight! No running around tomorrow, trying to remember anything.

I'm going to Target at lunch today to pick up a gift bag and tissue for Grandma's bday present and to grab some more diapers. I have about 25 at home, but I would feel better to take a full half of a box.

If I can make it through work today and tomorrow, I'll be sooo surprised! I'm going to be like that commercial tonight: "I'm too excited to sleep!"

Well friends, we are almost there. Almost at THE day. The leaving day. Day Zero, as I call it.

We packed up last night. DH is almost completely packed except for, like, his toothbrush. I have a couple of other things to pack away like medication and such, which I need to have on display or I'll forget to take it - so that'll get tossed in right before we leave. I also have a few things which need to be washed, and which will then be packed away as well...

LIKE MY OLD BATHING SUIT! :headache:

...which DH found in the attic yesterday, in a box of random bedroom stuff. I'm really not sure what we were thinking as we finished packing before the move, I'm really not. So now I have two! :laughing:

OMG! That's hilarious! Well, I think you should bring at LEAST two bathing suits anyway. I'm bringing five. My DH thinks I'm nuts but I can't help it, I got all these awesome deals (75% to 90% off :woohoo:). So now my DD wants to bring more than 2 swimsuits so I said ok since they don't take up too much room.

Your departure from work on Friday sounds like a Disney movie :cloud9: Not too much longer!

Glad you found the missing swimsuit. :laughing:

Soooooooooooooo excited for everyone! :banana: I can't believe it's Wednesday.

I've been printing a few things off here and there and gathering things to put onto the "pile of junk". Not sure, but I'll probably wait until Saturday to pack since our lil' girlie has soccer class that morning and I just know I'll have some laundry to do at the last minute. Why am I packing like 10 outfits for her when we're only going for 4.5 days?! :confused3

Why am I packing like 10 outfits for her when we're only going for 4.5 days?! :confused3

I packed about 16 outfits for myself for 7 days. :scared1: In one smallish suitcase at that :woohoo:

...and 2 bathing suits, 3 pairs of footwear...

I like to stay fresh, especially at breakfast and dinner time when I'm going to be in close proximity to others while they're trying to eat :rotfl:. That's tough to do in Florida when you're "pooh-sized" and running around all day. Thank God for that middle of the day, swim/drink/nap/shower break before dinner. It's an absolute necessity.

Not to wax too philosophical on everyone, but, you know... After reading that, I feel very blessed that we can go to WDW and not have to feel like we have to spend every second in the parks and see every single attraction that can be seen, eating meals in line and then try to carve out time to do laundry in between. Waiting 25 minutes for a bus doesn't make or break our entire trip. We have the good fortune of downtime and multiple outfits, and there's a lot to be said for that.

It's a luxury that some don't have. I mean, we've stayed TPV CL at the Poly for the past 3 years now... some people save up forever to just get a GV room. Now, granted, for our honeymoon my Father paid the difference between GV and CL as part of our wedding gift, and we only booked GV CL last year and got upgraded but that's beside the point... I don't know how long it will be until we can return again, but we are extremely blessed, fortunate people to be able to do such a thing. I just thought I'd put that out there.

3 DAYS!!!! 3-MORE-DAYS!!!!!!!!! :banana: I should get off the computer and get to cleaning the house now...

I packed about 16 outfits for myself for 7 days. :scared1: In one smallish suitcase at that :woohoo:

Seriously, folks, it was a miracle of packing. I had to see it myself to believe it.

Thank God for that middle of the day, swim/drink/nap/shower break before dinner. It's an absolute necessity.

Amen. Not to mention the fact that I don't feel (as) run down and cranky at the end of the day! :laughing:

I should get off the computer and get to cleaning the house now...

THIS! :thumbsup2

;)

You're right. We are fortunate. :goodvibes

Guitarob--you are so right about the luxury and the blessing that we all get with regard to WDW. I feel it every time we start planning a trip.

I was one of those kids whose parents could never afford a WDW vacation, let alone a 7 day vacation! We did weekend trips once or twice a year and I never thought I'd be able to go to WDW!

Now, I'm so grateful to be able to go at least once a year and be able to share my love with my girls!!

And, by the way, if you have any free time, you wanna come down and clean my house for me, too? I'd rather not have to do that tonight.

:rotfl:

Guitarob--you are so right about the luxury and the blessing that we all get with regard to WDW. I feel it every time we start planning a trip.

I was one of those kids whose parents could never afford a WDW vacation, let alone a 7 day vacation! We did weekend trips once or twice a year and I never thought I'd be able to go to WDW!

Now, I'm so grateful to be able to go at least once a year and be able to share my love with my girls!!

And, by the way, if you have any free time, you wanna come down and clean my house for me, too? I'd rather not have to do that tonight.

:rotfl:

And my family was the same way - not until I was in my teens did we ever take vacations that weren't just day trips to the shore. The 3 days we spent in Disney when I was 9 years old was some sort of timeshare salespitch thing that my parents signed up for, just to be able to take us to WDW for a little bit. Now that I'm older I can appreciate that a little more.

(Of course my younger sibs grew up in better times and have been there twice in the past few years with our parents, not to mention trips elsewhere every summer...but I'm not bitter or anything! :laughing:)

And now, here I am, staying in a deluxe resort, with deluxe dining, club level, etc etc etc...three times in three years? And as DH stated, who knows when the next time we'll be able to do this will be. I hope that when we have children we can share this with them...

Oh, and btw, DH has already been reserved by my Mom if he runs out of things to do! Sorry! :rotfl2:

If you start to offer a "Packing for Dudes 101" course, I'm so signing Mr. MissOutandAbout up. If I left packing to him, I don't even want to think of what we'd wind up with the other end of the flight. :laughing:

3 DAYS!!!! 3-MORE-DAYS!!!!!!!!! :banana: I should get off the computer and get to cleaning the house now...

Okay, what about two courses... :rotfl:

Seriously, folks, it was a miracle of packing. I had to see it myself to believe it.

:rotfl: Did you have to teach him or is this a natural ability of his? If he won't teach courses, what about cloning? :thumbsup2

Amen. Not to mention the fact that I don't feel (as) run down and cranky at the end of the day! :laughing:

I'm really looking forward to our mid-day relaxation time and hopefully this'll avoid us having a raging monster child at the end of the day. Ever optimistic, that's me! :laughing: We're really not the plan-every-single-waking-moment types so I'm hoping that'll help it feel a little more laid back for us too.

Aye, count me as one of the grateful-to-be-going too. We definitely do feel privileged and quite lucky to have had the vacations/holidays we've had throughout the years and especially since our girlie was born. :goodvibes

Okay, everyone! We are officially packed and ready to go!!!

Now, if only the next 8 hours would go by super fast, I'll be very happy!

DH is taking a half day today so his jobs are to take the dogs to the pet hotel, pick up DD8 from the bus stop, clean the house, and have dinner ready when I get home.

My jobs are pick up the baby at daycare, gas up the car, and throw all the bags in the trunk when I get home.

I was actually done packing by 8pm last night so I got to watch tv for a while before hitting bed. Of course, then I laid in bed, tossing and turning, because I was too stinking excited to go to sleep.

:lmao:

Okay, everyone! We are officially packed and ready to go!!!

Now, if only the next 8 hours would go by super fast, I'll be very happy!

DH is taking a half day today so his jobs are to take the dogs to the pet hotel, pick up DD8 from the bus stop, clean the house, and have dinner ready when I get home.

My jobs are pick up the baby at daycare, gas up the car, and throw all the bags in the trunk when I get home.

I was actually done packing by 8pm last night so I got to watch tv for a while before hitting bed. Of course, then I laid in bed, tossing and turning, because I was too stinking excited to go to sleep.

:lmao:

Soooooooo super excited for you!!!!! I hope the day flies by!!

It better! I've been here almost an hour already and it's dragging. I can't really get into any of my real work until the next person comes in at 9, so I'm just playing on the computer right now.

So, I'll spend most of my day just bouncing around in my chair, thinking about all the food and drinks I'm going to enjoy, and probably drive all of you nuts with my babbling. You have to go with what you are good at!

:laughing:

Just think, the sooner I leave, the sooner you get to leave!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter